• RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man those were fuggin nice ...

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys! If you can see, I was starting to lean forward some on the last two reps. I need to sit back into is some more, plus strengthening my core some wouldn't hurt ;)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Went to the gym today. Kind of a free day so I hit bis, tris and abs.
Super-sets :D

Weighted dips ss Machine curls 4 sets

Hammer curls ss Lying DB tri extensions 4 sets

Single arm cable curls ss Single arm reverse grip pushdowns 3 sets

Pump city!! Arms were solid today. Veins from my front delts to the top of my hands :D

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Btw guys Black Lion Research has came out with a new oral AI and brundel has given me the privilege to run it. So I'll post up a link to that log once I get it started.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Man I miss having a training partner sometimes. Had a buddy show up at the gym the same time I did today. He'd been wanting to lift with me so we hit chest back and shoulders together. He is a tad bit stronger than me so we could really push each other, AND it showed in my numbers today!!

Incline bench press- 2 warm up sets

225 5 x 5 (225 is normally my last set)

Bent-over rows- Without straps today so numbers down a bit
185 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 5
265 x 5 x 2

Seated BB shoulder press-
135 x 5
155 x 5
175 x 5
185 x 5
195 x 4

We hit up a few sets of rear delts and cable flys to finish off today.
Normally I will go up on weight with each set. My buddy wanted to stick with one weight on the inclines for all 5 and picked 225. I honestly thought after the first set we would have to back it down some. Surprisingly I got to the 3rd set and it was easier than the first haha. Had a hell of a workout again today. They just keep gettin better and better!!

Btw I am doing like DreamWeaver suggested and not having any carbs until post workout and it hasn't affected my workouts any yet. For instance this morning I had eggs, egg whites, and peanut butter a few hours preworkout and that was it. Normally it is avacodos instead of PB but I need to go to the store ;)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes I doubt you will notice any difference except a drop in fat in a couple weeks. Did you cook those eggs in Coconut oil ?

eddieaz

eddieaz

Awards
Yes I doubt you will notice any difference except a drop in fat in a couple weeks. Did you cook those eggs in Coconut oil ?
Alright, besides being a better fat than vegetable oil, what's the big deal with coconut oil? Us it that much better than olive? Inquiring minds want to know... :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright, besides being a better fat than vegetable oil, what's the big deal with coconut oil? Us it that much better than olive? Inquiring minds want to know... :)
Coconut oil of 70% MCT's that's a fat that burns fat. It is not affected by high temperatures the way olive oil is. There a ton of health benefits as well.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Awesome workout JD! So glad things are getting better! Always nice to have someone there to help push you!!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Coconut oil of 70% MCT's that's a fat that burns fat. It is not affected by high temperatures the way olive oil is. There a ton of health benefits as well.
I thought coconut oil had a low melting point, so it actually 'burnt' quicker than olive oil? Correct me if I am wrong ;)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Awesome workout JD! So glad things are getting better! Always nice to have someone there to help push you!!

Thank you Kat ;)

Yes it does help to have a little extra 'push' once in awhile. I know I could of used it today. You need to come train with me haha :D

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Word of advice. Don't go on a 3 hour motorcycle ride, eat a little amount of food, then try to train legs :(

Squats-
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 5
315 x 5

Leg extensions-
120 3 x 20

Standing leg curls- (improvised with leg ext machine)
20 x 10
30 x 10
40 x 10
50 x 8

Standing single leg calf raises- holding a 45# plate
2 x 30

I know I could of went on up to 405 on my squats today, but I just didn't have the drive. I am beat!!
Gotta work the weekend, but will take a few days off from the gym and hit it hard Monday.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you Kat ;)

Yes it does help to have a little extra 'push' once in awhile. I know I could of used it today. You need to come train with me haha :D
Heck yeah! That would be fun! Maybe I could overcome my squat plateau! Lol

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
So it doesn't have a low burning/melting point ?

And yes I know MCT is good for energy, but I was asking if it was better to cook with CO versus Olive oil ;) LOL
Olive oil oxidises, CNO does not

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Just realized I wasn't updating this....ugh....

Updating from my phone so I'm not sure how it'll look.

Hit legs today. Mainly quads, but will hit hammies hard Friday.

Leg press-
8 plates x 20
12 plates x 15
14 plates x 15
16 plates x 12
14 plates x 15
12 plates x 12

Squats-
225 x 20
275 x 15
315 x 12
335 x 8

Leg extensions- upper half of rep only
110 3 x 15

My lower back an quads were so pumped I was walking like a penguin!! Haha.

That was it for today. Had to leave to go pick up kids from school....

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think that will do it :)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Getting my swole on today!!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice! Yes you are!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Staying lean too. If you make gains and stay lean you will maintain more mass during prep.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Not going to do hammies this morning. Can't believe Ihow sore I still am from my leg workout earlier this week. You'd think I'd be recovering better.....
Going to have lunch at school with my youngest then I'll go in and do a shoulder and bi workout. I'll just have to play with the exercises and see which ones don't aggravate my shoulders.

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looking great!! Keep up the hard work

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
So I figured out it is my left side delt that is giving me problems. I couldn't go heavier than 20's on seated side laterals and it was still a little tender. So I just did sets of 15-20 reps along with some cable front raises and reverse pec dec.
Bis consisted of concentration curls over an incline bench, rope curls, seated incline curls, and single cable curls.
I'll get back on track and start logging my weights and lifts soon. Just not set on a routine. I have been just going in and doing whatever which I don't like. Don't get me wrong I am really pushing myself, I just don't like not having a routine to follow weekly.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A-GVT has a remedial day for shoulders every 2 weeks. Today is that day for me.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Pushed myself today to see where my strength was at :D

Rack pulls-
135 x 15
225 x 8
275 x 8
315 x 8
365 x 8
405 x 6
465 x 4
495 x 1
515 x 1
545 x 1
even with straps I was losing my grip after I started the singles. I tried doing the over/under grip but it has been so long since I have used it, it really felt weird.

Mid grip pulldowns-
220 x 8
200 x 8
180 x 8
160 x 12

V-grip seated rows-
160 3 x 8 with 2 sec squeeze at full contraction ( that 2 seconds felt like 10 !!! )

DB shrugs-

90's 3 x 20

Got to be at work in a half an hour so that was it for today. Felt good. I am pretty sure the rack pull is a PR, but I would have to go back and look.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
So I had totally planned on going in today and doing AGVT and ran into a friend who I hadn't seen in awhile. He's a big Mother F'kr and wanted me to lift with him. We both were going to do chest and back, but we pushed to hard on chest and there was no way.

2-3 minutes rest between sets

BB flat bench- 2 warm-up sets then
225 x 12
255 x 8
275 x 6
315 x 4 ( PR )

Incline bench DB's-
90's x 8
100's x 9,10,10,10 ( 4 total sets, PR after PR )

Standing cable flys: 30 SECOND REST PERIODS
Low cable 3 sets 15
Mid height cable 3 sets 15
High cable 3 sets 12

I was smoked! My shoulders, tris, and chest were so pumped I couldn't hardly move them! The PR's I as able to set today was unreal. I have inclined 100's before but last time I tried I think I got 6 reps haha. I know I will be sore tomorrow. So much for not going heavy!

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn big homie you going size yourself out of middleweight pushing those numbers

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I love having another bulkasaurus to talk too....
Hell Ya!! Nothing better than eating and growing, and eating and growing, and eating..... ?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hell Ya!! Nothing better than eating and growing, and eating and growing, and eating..... ��
I just started started a dbol adrol combo one of our guys just one his class at the Los angeles grand prix 2 weeks ago and my coach is 2 weeks out from nyc pro and two other pros we know are just starting their prep for their summer show so I got alot of motivation nice things is they are all saying how good my bulk is going and switching to bb from physique is a great decision

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Posing a little off, but a quick pic. 'Relaxed' quarter turn.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I was going to do A-GVT's leg workout today but have a knot in my left quad so did arms instead.

90 sec rest periods 1st two exercises, 75 sec rest periods last two exercises

Tricep dips- eccentric accenuated tempo 4-1-X-0
BW + 45lbs 6 sets 5
BW 4 sets 5

Scott curls- narrow grip barbell tempo 4-1-x-0
70 8 sets 5

Seated french press- start with hands facing each other and rotate as they go up to palms facing ceiling tempo 3-1-1-0
110 3 x 10

This ^^^ was really hard to get set up, I almost need someone to hand me the rope after I sit down.

Incline DB curls with FAT GRIPS- palms facing up entire time tempo 3-1-1-0

I had a hard time waiting 90 seconds between the sets and doing the whole ten sets. I should get more into it as I go.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wait till tomorrow :) you are going to be pretty sore. Your back relaxed pose your shoulders are coming forward. Try rolling your shoulders back and down a bit. See you it brings out the rear delts.

15.jpg

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dang look at all those big # PR's!!! Awesome work!!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Thanks DreamWeaver. First pic from other night. 2nd just now

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Looking at my pics now on the computer I still need to pull them down some to get the rear delts to 'pop' a little better..

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if I like the A-GVT or not. Not a bad routine, just some of the lifts are awkward, guess I don't do them enough. My elbows are aching pretty good today, I would say from the dips yesterday. Bis are more sore than tris.

Legs today. Again, a little different.

Seated unilateral leg extension- tempo 5-0-1-0 so five second negatives !!!
70lbs 10 sets 5

Single leg split squat- front foot on 4" platform, barbell on shoulders
95lbs 2 x 5
135 4 x 5

Goodmornings-
95lbs 2 x 10
115lbs 2 x 10

Step ups- on to knee high platform with bb on shoulders
60lbs x 10
80lbs x 10

10 min ab work

1st two exercises was supposed to be sets of 10. May just pull out my old PHAT routine and run it for awhile...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking at my pics now on the computer I still need to pull them down some to get the rear delts to 'pop' a little better..
perhaps but look at the improvement the second pic the dude is twice as big. :)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I hit the gym tonight because I have to go out of town tomorrow. Going to help my brother move, so will be gone all day.
I will start a PHAT routine next week. I lifted with a buddy and just followed his routine tonight. Luckily we were both doing back.

Pulldowns x 4 sets
DB rows x 4 sets
Seated close grip rows x 4 sets
DB pullovers x 3 sets

Been awhile since I have done more than 2-3 exercises for a body part. Felt good !! Pretty pumped too :D

Haven't had BIC out for a bit, but will try to get some updated leg shots tonight. Quads are starting to pop pretty good!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Lost some definition but getting a better sweep.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Wow!! Feb 8th and now. I need to look back in my log and see where my weight was. I know I was in my cut.