I'm cutting but I feel I'm going to lose all the weight I gained during bulking, does it make sense?

VtaperXO

Awards
Well, he's trying out different stuff and I think he's quite satisfied with the results so far.
Great, the only bad thing is that you can't focus on strength haha I want to get back bulking because of that, but first I need to lose more fat.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ya I would keep doing what your doing. I would probably increase protein a little, maybe 180gm a day, keep fats around 80gm and the remainder of yiur calories from carbs. I'd also keep the majority of my carbs around my workouts on training days. Seeing how your only eating 2200 calories a day I would opt to increase my cardio before going under 2000cal

So say your slowly loosing weight and you stall on 2200 calories. Add in 30 to 45 min of cardio every other day or even 15-20min every day first thing in the morning or after lifting. Then when you hit a wall again reduce to 2000, when you hit a wall again increase cardio by a extra 10-15min per day.

Just that little sequence over the next 6 to 8 weeks should give you a decent amount of fat loss at a steady pace.
UPDATING 11 weeks cutting:
This week I'm starting my eleventh week cutting, I've increased the cardio when i stalled and it worked so far.
My weight is currently 80,4kg (177,4 pounds) so that in terms of weight I'm doing good BUT Idk if it's just me but I'm not seeing myself leaner or shredded, I mean I haven't noticed any definition on my muscles even my abs aren't still there 💀, My abs are pretty small tho, bad genetic 💀. But in general I've lost almost 7 kg but it doesn't look like that. Have you guys experienced this?
did you follow @Smont s approach? post up your current nutrition and updated pics.

@Smont if he's at 11 weeks in a deficit, would you say stay the course or would you reverse for 1-4 weeks to reestablish maintenance and ramp up metabolism?

VtaperXO

Awards
did you follow @Smont s approach? post up your current nutrition and updated pics.

@Smont if he's at 11 weeks in a deficit, would you say stay the course or would you reverse for 1-4 weeks to reestablish maintenance and ramp up metabolism?
Yes I did, I'm currently eating 2100 kcal my diet is kind of the same that I posted above but adding more protein about 165-170gr daily. I've been losing weight in a good pace when I hit the wall I'll reduce one hundred calories or add a few minutes of cardio. I'll post some pics later

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
UPDATING 11 weeks cutting:
This week I'm starting my eleventh week cutting, I've increased the cardio when i stalled and it worked so far.
My weight is currently 80,4kg (177,4 pounds) so that in terms of weight I'm doing good BUT Idk if it's just me but I'm not seeing myself leaner or shredded, I mean I haven't noticed any definition on my muscles even my abs aren't still there 💀, My abs are pretty small tho, bad genetic 💀. But in general I've lost almost 7 kg but it doesn't look like that. Have you guys experienced this?
Many times people have way more to lose, than they initially think. My first cut I was thinking I'll lose 10 lbs and I'll get my abs visible again and be lean and so on. I ended up dropping something like 18 lbs and still wasn't satisfied with the result, but stopped cutting cause' it sucked, lol.

Also, fat gets reduced a bit on different parts of the body as you cut, depending on how your body stores fat and how lean you are. So for me example, there's a certain leaness level I have to reach and then my abs/mid section starts to be the area where most of the fat starts to strip off. So like I could drop 10-15 lbs with not a big impact on abs, and then lose 5 more lbs and that makes a significant difference on the abs/mid section.

Also #2, as you lose weight, your glycogen storages deplete and your muscle fullness and such decrease, which can lead you to look less muscular and kind of 'empty' (for a lack of a better term). But that fullness will come back quickly, when you start adding calories back in.

Last edited:
KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar

I've done many cutting phases of between 6 - 16 weeks. Some good ones, some not so productive ones. Last year I did my longest cut, which extended to 16 weeks. Was planning on 10-12 weeks, but kept going, cause I wasn't satisfied with the result and just couldn't seem to drop weight for some reason. Afterwards it became clear I should've kept a break way before. Ended up eating like ~1600 kcals at the end. I did a 'reverse diet'/maintenance phase for 7 weeks after that and then continued cutting and the weight started to drop way faster and more easily.

Based on my experiences, I might not cut over 10 weeks in a row ever again, without some lenght of reverse diet or maintenance phase in between. Psychology of cutting plays a role in my thinking regarding the lenght as well, though.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Here's another lecture by Israetel. Concerning weight loss phase durations, for anyone interested.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Many times people have way more to lose, than they initially think.
absolutely 100%
although another issue is that a lot of people cut too fast and sacrifice more muscle than necessary as well IMO which means 10lbs of fat may have ended up being 20lbs on the scale.

Based on my experiences, I might not cut over 10 weeks in a row ever again, without some lenght of reverse diet or maintenance phase in between. Psychology of cutting plays a role in my thinking regarding the lenght as well, though.
totally agree. Layne was recently talking about doing shorter cut/reverse cycles of only like 3-5 weeks each IIRC (don't want to put words in his mouth) but it's a very interesting approach to me and is more along where I am currently, and where i'm headed. for instance my bf is up only slightly since last Sept when I weighed 183 but today I'm 195 and my calories are sitting around 2700 maintenance now whereas last sept I was no longer losing weight at 1700.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Since the guys introduced me to fasting I have found that my weight gain has been far more effective (meaning minimal fat gain) while eating in a surplus 5-6 days a week a fasting 1 (rest day). I basically am eating in surplus around my lifting yet netting a week of break even roughly or slight surplus.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
for instance my bf is up only slightly since last Sept when I weighed 183 but today I'm 195 and my calories are sitting around 2700 maintenance now whereas last sept I was no longer losing weight at 1700.
Since the guys introduced me to fasting I have found that my weight gain has been far more effective (meaning minimal fat gain) while eating in a surplus 5-6 days a week a fasting 1 (rest day). I basically am eating in surplus around my lifting yet netting a week of break even roughly or slight surplus.
You could also just say you are lean bulking. I know @Mikereyn513 for one would like that!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

It would depend on a lot of factors, but generally speaking, if someone has just been dieting and normal exercising I would say keep dieting and train harder.

But if someone has been killing themselves in the gym for 11 weeks while in a deficit the entire time and not cheating then there probably burnt out.

So most ppl I'd probably tell to keep going and a few ppl I might say it's time to pull back and chill.

Most ppl won't need a break till there in that 10% bf range

No scientific research here outside of personal experience and what I see from others

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You could also just say you are lean bulking. I know @Mikereyn513 for one would like that!
Hi guys, I'm looking to start my next cycle. My expectations are not too crazy, I'd just like to gain maybe 15lbs of muscle and lean out a little. I'm thinking about doing a lean bulk recomp cut cycle

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys, I'm looking to start my next cycle. My expectations are not too crazy, I'd just like to gain maybe 15lbs of muscle and lean out a little. I'm thinking about doing a lean bulk recomp cut cycle
4k grams pro daily, no carbs and only fats on weekends. utilize diet sodas to fake your body into a pseudo insulin response.

VtaperXO

Awards
Many times people have way more to lose, than they initially think. My first cut I was thinking I'll lose 10 lbs and I'll get my abs visible again and be lean and so on. I ended up dropping something like 18 lbs and still wasn't satisfied with the result, but stopped cutting cause' it sucked, lol.

Also, fat gets reduced a bit on different parts of the body as you cut, depending on how your body stores fat and how lean you are. So for me example, there's a certain leaness level I have to reach and then my abs/mid section starts to be the area where most of the fat starts to strip off. So like I could drop 10-15 lbs with not a big impact on abs, and then lose 5 more lbs and that makes a significant difference on the abs/mid section.

Also #2, as you lose weight, your glycogen storages deplete and your muscle fullness and such decrease, which can lead you to look less muscular and kind of 'empty' (for a lack of a better term). But that fullness will come back quickly, when you start adding calories back in.
I see, that's what's happening in my case I have to lose more than I thought, I was always type of chubby body with a belly, so even though I have lose a few centimeters of waist and most of my belly is gone, my abs still aren't there,but for instance my arms is the only muscle whereas I see some definition since I started this cutting, so I'll be patient with the process, thanks bro

VtaperXO

Awards
I've done many cutting phases of between 6 - 16 weeks. Some good ones, some not so productive ones. Last year I did my longest cut, which extended to 16 weeks. Was planning on 10-12 weeks, but kept going, cause I wasn't satisfied with the result and just couldn't seem to drop weight for some reason. Afterwards it became clear I should've kept a break way before. Ended up eating like ~1600 kcals at the end. I did a 'reverse diet'/maintenance phase for 7 weeks after that and then continued cutting and the weight started to drop way faster and more easily.

That's interesting, I was thinking about 12-14 weeks of cutting, 1600kcal is a lot , I'd be dizzy all the time for sure

VtaperXO

Awards
absolutely 100%
although another issue is that a lot of people cut too fast and sacrifice more muscle than necessary as well IMO which means 10lbs of fat may have ended up being 20lbs on the scale.

totally agree. Layne was recently talking about doing shorter cut/reverse cycles of only like 3-5 weeks each IIRC (don't want to put words in his mouth) but it's a very interesting approach to me and is more along where I am currently, and where i'm headed. for instance my bf is up only slightly since last Sept when I weighed 183 but today I'm 195 and my calories are sitting around 2700 maintenance now whereas last sept I was no longer losing weight at 1700.
I understand in my case I'm currently 2100kcal nothing crazy and I'm still able to lose weight, it's a deficit of 500kcal, on the other hand I started with a little deficit 200kcal and then I've been slowly cutting calories if I stalled, cutting with 1700 is too hard, I'm sure it's hard asf

VtaperXO

Awards
That's what I'm thinking for my next bulking, I'm not going to do any 500kcal of surplus, you end un getting nowhere adding too much fat, a slightly surplus is a better way.

VtaperXO

Awards
It would depend on a lot of factors, but generally speaking, if someone has just been dieting and normal exercising I would say keep dieting and train harder.

But if someone has been killing themselves in the gym for 11 weeks while in a deficit the entire time and not cheating then there probably burnt out.

So most ppl I'd probably tell to keep going and a few ppl I might say it's time to pull back and chill.

Most ppl won't need a break till there in that 10% bf range

No scientific research here outside of personal experience and what I see from others
Well in terms of burn out I don't think so, I feel a bit hungry sometimes but nothing crazy what I really needed was a deload which I'm doing this week, but 10% is going to be kind of a challenge maybe a little more.

VtaperXO

Awards
Also I have to say what @KvanH and @Dustin07 have said sounds interesting, I've never thought about it because all the times I've seen that people cut 12-16 weeks in a row, it could be a good approach but I think maybe it's better if I keep going as @Smont said, I'm still able to lose weight at 2100kcal so far. What do you guys think?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
4k grams pro daily, no carbs and only fats on weekends. utilize diet sodas to fake your body into a pseudo insulin response.
You forgot one thing…..loading phase of creatine. That’s so important

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Also I have to say what @KvanH and @Dustin07 have said sounds interesting, I've never thought about it because all the times I've seen that people cut 12-16 weeks in a row, it could be a good approach but I think maybe it's better if I keep going as @Smont said, I'm still able to lose weight at 2100kcal so far. What do you guys think?
It's like Smont said, depends on a lot of factors. I was mostly talking about my personal experiences and the last cut of 16 weeks was another good learning experience (although I was stumped and very frustrated on not loosing weight, even at 1600 kcals). After about 20 cutting phases of different lenght, I just think I know what kind of approaches suite me the best.

If the weight keeps dropping, you're not mentally burnt out and physically beat up and you don't hate life, due to the cutting, then I see no reason to stop.

Also, the Mike Israetel's lecture I posted about cutting durations is pretty good. As is the whole series.

VtaperXO

Awards
It's like Smont said, depends on a lot of factors. I was mostly talking about my personal experiences and the last cut of 16 weeks was another good learning experience (although I was stumped and very frustrated on not loosing weight, even at 1600 kcals). After about 20 cutting phases of different lenght, I just think I know what kind of approaches suite me the best.

If the weight keeps dropping, you're not mentally burnt out and physically beat up and you don't hate life, due to the cutting, then I see no reason to stop.

Also, the Mike Israetel's lecture I posted about cutting durations is pretty good. As is the whole series.
Not losing weight at 1600kcal must sucks,maybe you cut your calories too aggressive? well I'm always hating life so💀😂.
There's a quote about it, kind of like "cut until your hate your life"

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Looking good dude.
one piece of advice I'd offer for photographically logging progress is to take identical pictures each time so you can get a better comparison, but looks to me like you're making progress.

VtaperXO

Awards
Looking good dude.
one piece of advice I'd offer for photographically logging progress is to take identical pictures each time so you can get a better comparison, but looks to me like you're making progress.
Thanks bro, I'll take the advice for the next update, you're right.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Use a sauna 2-3 times a week for 10-20 mins and on the 3rd or 4th day (weekend easiest) do 20 mins with 10 min break then another 20 mins in the morning and repeat at night. Studies have shown this can potentially increase your HGH 16 fold

lamarclark09

Awards
Great, the only bad thing is that you can't focus on strength haha I want to get back bulking because of that, but first I need to lose more fat.
I think it's just like a loop you keep going on and on cutting and bulking, bulking and cutting lol

VtaperXO

Awards
Use a sauna 2-3 times a week for 10-20 mins and on the 3rd or 4th day (weekend easiest) do 20 mins with 10 min break then another 20 mins in the morning and repeat at night. Studies have shown this can potentially increase your HGH 16 fold
I heard about this from some MMA fighter, but I don't even have a sauna in my town 😂

VtaperXO

Awards
It’s why I stopped the cut and bulk cycle.
And what do you do now? The problem nowadays is you don't even know what to do due to the fact that there is a lot of information, it takes time to find something valuable. In my case I did one straight year of bulking, which I wound up getting too much bf, next bulking I'm still not quite sure but I won't do a high surplus. Some people say that to see some gains being intermediate and Natty you have to do at least one year of bulking, but then you have to struggle on a cut willing to lose some strength and muscle for more than 12 weeks.

manbeast1

manbeast1

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
And what do you do now? The problem nowadays is you don't even know what to do due to the fact that there is a lot of information, it takes time to find something valuable. In my case I did one straight year of bulking, which I wound up getting too much bf, next bulking I'm still not quite sure but I won't do a high surplus. Some people say that to see some gains being intermediate and Natty you have to do at least one year of bulking, but then you have to struggle on a cut willing to lose some strength and muscle for more than 12 weeks.
Simply eat clean low carb high protein and lift. Put in 3 to 4 miles of high intensity cardio and call it a day.

seanmitchell12

Awards
Hey guys, as I've told you in a previous post I'm cutting right now after being bulking a whole year. The thing is, does it makes any sense If I'm going to lose almost all the weight that I gained bulking? And what is even worse is that I think I still I am not going to be able to see my abs (Also I have bad genetic for abs), On the other hand in order you understand better what I'm trying to say:

-I started to bulk up weighing 167,5 lb( abt 76kg)(I estimated around 17%) and I ended up around 189lb(86kg) (OVER 20% of fat), I've been cutting since 7 weeks and I'm already 180,7lb(82,2kg). If I keep cutting for three months in a row ( 5 weeks more,Like I was planning), I can even reach almost the same weight before starting to bulk up, so what's the point? Did I only amass fat? I mean It was a whole year doing bulking I was adding about 2 lbs per months.

What would you recommend me? I'm a bit concerned about it.

Cheers!

Sorry about my english!
It's not uncommon to gain some fat during a bulking phase, but the goal is to gain more muscle mass than fat. It sounds like you may have gained more fat than you wanted to. However, that doesn't mean all of your hard work was for nothing. You likely gained some muscle mass as well, which will make it easier to maintain your weight and body composition in the future.

Now that you're cutting, it's important to focus on losing fat while preserving as much muscle mass as possible. This can be challenging, but it's definitely possible with the right approach. It's important to be patient and consistent, as results may not come as quickly as you'd like.

In terms of seeing your abs, genetics can play a role, but a lower body fat percentage will certainly help. Keep in mind that everyone's body is different, and some people may need to get to a lower body fat percentage than others to see their abs.

As for your concerns about losing all the weight you gained during your bulk, keep in mind that muscle mass is not the only thing that matters. If you gained strength, improved your performance in the gym, or simply enjoyed the process of bulking, those are all valuable outcomes as well.

Moving forward, you may want to consider a more gradual approach to bulking and cutting. Rather than adding 2 pounds per month, try adding just 1 pound per month and focusing on gaining mostly muscle mass. This may result in a slower rate of weight gain, but it may also help you avoid gaining excess fat.

VtaperXO

Awards
It's not uncommon to gain some fat during a bulking phase, but the goal is to gain more muscle mass than fat. It sounds like you may have gained more fat than you wanted to. However, that doesn't mean all of your hard work was for nothing. You likely gained some muscle mass as well, which will make it easier to maintain your weight and body composition in the future.

Now that you're cutting, it's important to focus on losing fat while preserving as much muscle mass as possible. This can be challenging, but it's definitely possible with the right approach. It's important to be patient and consistent, as results may not come as quickly as you'd like.

In terms of seeing your abs, genetics can play a role, but a lower body fat percentage will certainly help. Keep in mind that everyone's body is different, and some people may need to get to a lower body fat percentage than others to see their abs.

As for your concerns about losing all the weight you gained during your bulk, keep in mind that muscle mass is not the only thing that matters. If you gained strength, improved your performance in the gym, or simply enjoyed the process of bulking, those are all valuable outcomes as well.

Moving forward, you may want to consider a more gradual approach to bulking and cutting. Rather than adding 2 pounds per month, try adding just 1 pound per month and focusing on gaining mostly muscle mass. This may result in a slower rate of weight gain, but it may also help you avoid gaining excess fat.
Thanks bro !
Indeed my next bulking is going to be different, I never ever have been lean, I started being skinny fat so it's a bit tricky. I'll try to have a slightly surplus and adding if I need it. This is my 14 week cutting I'm gonna update in a few minutes and see what do y'all think so far

Last edited:

VtaperXO

Awards
UPDATE
I've been 14 weeks cutting since then, I'm feeling skinny rn, trying to keep the strength as much as possible.
BD: 78,4kg ( 2kg less than last time I updated)
What do y'all think?
Should I keep cutting or if this right to start bulking again? ( I'm never going to be lean at this point 💀😭🤣)

Attachments

VtaperXO

Awards
Btw I'm going to keep cutting one or two weeks more I'm not still sure, but right now I'm in my 15 week, it starts to sucks being honest 💀

manbeast1

manbeast1

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
But that's a cutting phase bro
Not if that’s what you do all the time. I never get out of this form of eating or training. I i get stronger and im able to push myself and gain muscle. Just not a fan of the fat gain that goes along with the tradition bulking.

VtaperXO

Awards
Not if that’s what you do all the time. I never get out of this form of eating or training. I i get stronger and im able to push myself and gain muscle. Just not a fan of the fat gain that goes along with the tradition bulking.
I see, but how do you gain muscle if you're not in a caloric surplus?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I see, but how do you gain muscle if you're not in a caloric surplus?
Very, very, very slowly. But, you can be in a slight surplus and not add fat. It's just a much slower process then traditional bulking and cutting. I think for physique goals we should get out of the habit of saying bulking phase and say muscle building or mass phase. If you want a slow but not unbearably slow approaching then try going about 100 calories over maintenance and add 100 calories every 4 week. You could probably "bulk" for half a year year in this fashion without ever getting fat and adding a few pound a month or so on average. Slower at first but 5 months in you have added 500 calories and that's 3500 cal a week surplus

VtaperXO

Awards
Very, very, very slowly. But, you can be in a slight surplus and not add fat. It's just a much slower process then traditional bulking and cutting. I think for physique goals we should get out of the habit of saying bulking phase and say muscle building or mass phase. If you want a slow but not unbearably slow approaching then try going about 100 calories over maintenance and add 100 calories every 4 week. You could probably "bulk" for half a year year in this fashion without ever getting fat and adding a few pound a month or so on average. Slower at first but 5 months in you have added 500 calories and that's 3500 cal a week surplus
Hey smont, If you are in a slight surplus eventually you'll gain some weight, I was trying to understand if he was at maintenance or surplus. That's what I'll do for my next bulking just adding more calories when it's necessary, slight surplus of 100-200kcal. Tomorrow I'll have 15 weeks cutting, untill next week and I think it's enough ( 16 weeks cutting). I'll be updating soon

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hey smont, If you are in a slight surplus eventually you'll gain some weight, I was trying to understand if he was at maintenance or surplus. That's what I'll do for my next bulking just adding more calories when it's necessary, slight surplus of 100-200kcal. Tomorrow I'll have 15 weeks cutting, untill next week and I think it's enough ( 16 weeks cutting). I'll be updating soon
Ok, I didn't even really see who you were talking about. I was just answering the question that I saw posted.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Why don't you think you'll ever be lean? This is a long game bro. If you were skinny fat then you're cut may take a year. Sorry it us what it is. Now every 3 or 4 weeks you can take a break and have a cheat day. Which would actually be good for thyroid production. If you keep worrying about your next bulk you're never going to succeed. How bad do you want this? I can promise yiu one thing if you do actually have some self pride and get yourself sub 10 b.f. you'll completely change the way your body absorbs nutrients and you'll probably never be fat again. I don't bulk anymore. For what? I'll have a pre comp..a rebound ( which is where yhe real size comes in) and an off-season. I think it would actually be hard for me to get " fat " ever again. Like I would legit have to try

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Why don't you think you'll ever be lean? This is a long game bro. If you were skinny fat then you're cut may take a year. Sorry it us what it is. Now every 3 or 4 weeks you can take a break and have a cheat day. Which would actually be good for thyroid production. If you keep worrying about your next bulk you're never going to succeed. How bad do you want this? I can promise yiu one thing if you do actually have some self pride and get yourself sub 10 b.f. you'll completely change the way your body absorbs nutrients and you'll probably never be fat again. I don't bulk anymore. For what? I'll have a pre comp..a rebound ( which is where yhe real size comes in) and an off-season. I think it would actually be hard for me to get " fat " ever again. Like I would legit have to try
Another thing people don't realize is that once you've suffered and got lean and have abs. It's a thousand times easier to get back to there again, Everyone has this fear of being small or being too light karma but the thing that makes them feel big isn't muscle it's fat they just think. It's muscle. I get out of shape all the time but I never get fat because I would have to force myself to get fat at this point in life even I'm. Almost forty and my metabolism is still crankin like when I was a teenager because of my lifestyle.

That's another excuse a lot of 35 and older people like to make. Is that i'm older so my metabolism slowed down, no it did not, you slowed down. If you were out riding Bikes and playing basketball and doing all the stuff you did when you were a kid, Your metabolism would be cranking just like when you were fifteen.

Also @VtaperXO, I wouldn't bulk till after summer. I'd spend the rest of the summer, Even if you don't want to keep cutting, I would at least stay at maintenance through the summer, Keep up with your cardio and try to work on increasing your strength a little bit.

Start your bulk after summer, ideally you want to be 8-10%bf at the beginning of your bulk and you don't wanna bulk past 15-18%

VtaperXO

Awards
It's just me being a bit worried haha, I just want to change my proportion of muscle/bodyfat. I know it's something that can take a long time, but in one week I will have 4 months cutting, I'm gonna be losing like 9 kilos

VtaperXO

Awards
Another thing people don't realize is that once you've suffered and got lean and have abs. It's a thousand times easier to get back to there again, Everyone has this fear of being small or being too light karma but the thing that makes them feel big isn't muscle it's fat they just think. It's muscle. I get out of shape all the time but I never get fat because I would have to force myself to get fat at this point in life even I'm. Almost forty and my metabolism is still crankin like when I was a teenager because of my lifestyle.

That's another excuse a lot of 35 and older people like to make. Is that i'm older so my metabolism slowed down, no it did not, you slowed down. If you were out riding Bikes and playing basketball and doing all the stuff you did when you were a kid, Your metabolism would be cranking just like when you were fifteen.

Also @VtaperXO, I wouldn't bulk till after summer. I'd spend the rest of the summer, Even if you don't want to keep cutting, I would at least stay at maintenance through the summer, Keep up with your cardio and try to work on increasing your strength a little bit.

Start your bulk after summer, ideally you want to be 8-10%bf at the beginning of your bulk and you don't wanna bulk past 15-18%
Tomorrow I'll post some pics in order to see my % of bodyfat rn, the purpose of eating at maintenance and still doing cardio would be keep losing weight? During this period I realized is not that easy to get lean, at the beginning I was thinking about 12 weeks and now I have almost 16 weeks.