IGF-2™ Frequently Asked Questions

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
igf-2 rox..love being on it..i slee better and am def stronger..great supplement

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
In two weeks im getting hernia surgery and gonna be out for two weeks at least from that. I havent been able to run or lift legs or clean in two weeks. After the recovery it will be 6 weeks without a sqaut or power clean. I want to run IGF-2 following my recovery for eight weeks. I'm 220 pounds so im ordering two bottles for the 8 weeks and im gonna strecth them out. I was just wondering if IGF-2 will help with recovery? Coming back from not lifting for six weeks im gonna be sore as hell and I dont wana blow out a sore hammy or hip lifting. Will IGF-2 help with overall soreness and recovery time?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yes it will help with recovery and soreness. If you want to stretch it even futher, you can possibly use something like MST's somnidren GH as a sleep aide, and then do IGF-2 as 4 caps 2x a day.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
I ussually take 5 grams of glutamine before bed with a gram of lysine. How much more effective will MST's somnidren GH be in recovery? I really dont need help sleeping, is there other products that do the same thing but arent sleep aides?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eh, i'd just stick with the IGF 2 then dosed as 3x3 :) I was kind of figuring at least short term after the surgery you'd likely have a harder time sleeping, and that way you could run the IGF2 at a higher daytime dose by skipping the night dose.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
arite easy E thanks. hopefully with IGF-2 and a couple other supps ill be back to 100% in 4-5 weeks of lifting

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
If Im 6-2 220 9.4% Body Fat, And Trying To Add Solid Pounds, What Is The Optimum Dosage And Times To Take Them At? I Lift At 3:15 Pm And Get Up Around 10:00 Am.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If Im 6-2 220 9.4% Body Fat, And Trying To Add Solid Pounds, What Is The Optimum Dosage And Times To Take Them At? I Lift At 3:15 Pm And Get Up Around 10:00 Am.
Your body weight is roughly half-way between the recommended 9 capsules per day for 200 lbs and 12 capsules per day for 250+ pounds. Since you are trying to gain quality lean mass, I would recommend 12 capsules. For perspective, I weigh about 237 and take 15 caps per day.

So:
1) Optimal dosage amount for you: 12 capsules daily (3 x 4 capsules)
2) Optimal dosing times:
- 4 capsules upon waking (on an empty stomach and about 45 minutes before breakfast)
- 4 capsules about 45 minutes pre-workout on an empty stomach. On non-workout days, 4 capsules in the afternoon on an empty stomach, about 45 minutes before a meal.
- 4 capsules before sleep on an empty stomach.

ThisGuy02

ThisGuy02

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, I'm only on day two now, but I've been ravenously hungry since yesterday morning. About an hour after I passed out last night, I actually woke up out of sheer hunger, and ran to the fridge.

Is this a normal reaction? I'm stacking with Drive.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't recall anyone experiencing that with IGF-2, maybe someone else has

ThisGuy02

ThisGuy02

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't recall anyone experiencing that with IGF-2, maybe someone else has
weird. this is for a cut, and starting monday I'll be alternating venom and lipotropin am each week, so I'm not that concerned about it. just curious.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you asked the same question on neovar, i'd say yes it is normal.

Is it carb cravings or just general hunger?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I'm only on day two now, but I've been ravenously hungry since yesterday morning. About an hour after I passed out last night, I actually woke up out of sheer hunger, and ran to the fridge.

Is this a normal reaction? I'm stacking with Drive.
Probably a surge in testosterone levels. Elevated testosterone levels trigger appetite.

ThisGuy02

ThisGuy02

Banned
Awards
  • Established
could be. I'm also on 6-oxo (last week of pct), so my test may be elevated a lot with the inclusion of this.

no, it's not really carb cravings...more like a need to stuff my face with whatever food i can find. Yesterday got home and before going to the gym i finished a half lb. of turkey breast coldcuts and half a box of wheat thins. Then I came back and snacked again before hitting the shower and coming out for dinner!

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Bingo!

Probably a surge in testosterone levels. Elevated testosterone levels trigger appetite.
This is why I mention IGF-2 as my favorite bulking product...lol. :)

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
I'm experiencing the same thing. hunger levels are up the past couple days on igf-2. I will update my log about it tomorrow.

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
If theres one problem with my bodybuilding Journey, thats my appetite that seems to limit my eating, I absolutely hate eating food only to get a sick/bloaty feeling even before you finish it. Hate that. On my 2nd day of IGF-2, i felt like i had a hole in my stomach, i downed lots of food easily and still felt hungry after. Im sure its to do with an increase in testostereone. Loving appetite increases with this i have to admit!

Guys....I will be running a cycle of Formestane next month after my current RPM/Drive/IGF-2 stack, and will be stacking the form with another bottle of IGF-2, should this be okay?

Barcelona99

Awards
how many mg of Mucuna pruriens is in IGF-2 25% around 125mg of Mucuna pruriens right?

crowpass

crowpass

Awards
  • Established
I read earlier in this thread that "ice" was taking dth and igf-2.. This stack sounds interesting to me.anyways, could i run igf-2, dth, and stoked at the same time? if I was to take this stack would I have any shutdown? Would it be testosterone overload? should i take out the stoked and replace it with Activate X? I think that this stack would be pretty mean! what do yall think?:twisted:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I read earlier in this thread that "ice" was taking dth and igf-2.. This stack sounds interesting to me.anyways, could i run igf-2, dth, and stoked at the same time? if I was to take this stack would I have any shutdown? Would it be testosterone overload? should i take out the stoked and replace it with Activate X? I think that this stack would be pretty mean! what do yall think?:twisted:
IGF-2 and Activate Extreme make for a mean muscle gain/bulking stack.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
DTH
Igf-2
Stoked

These are all used to boost natural test and/or GH. That means no shutdown. You only get shutdown from synthetics like designer steroids. I dont think you would really need to take all 3 of these either. I think you would be good with igf-2 and one or the other on DTH/Stoked.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
well all this reading about how this product increses test but NOT free test. Whats the point of have all that extra test if its going to get bound up? wouldnt that be like having 1000hp and reving it in neutral, also im not bashing just courious.
Having increasd test for too long can be detramental to health.
Having this said would it not be a good idea to combine with a free test boosting product like divinex

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Having this said would it not be a good idea to combine with a free test boosting product like divinex
Which is why I recommended stacking with Activate Extreme (in post #70). Or, yes, you could stack straight with Divanex, as it's the active ingredient in AX. This would probably be the best stack.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would there be any conflict by taking IGF-2 and ZMA at bedtime?

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
. . .

Last edited:
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
not that I can think of, i've taken it that way for a long time

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Would there be any conflict by taking IGF-2 and ZMA at bedtime?
the only reservation I would have is that IGF-2 should be taken on an empty stomach to maximize GH effects- but ZMA may make you pretty nauseous if you take it w/o food....

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
well all this reading about how this product increses test but NOT free test. Whats the point of have all that extra test if its going to get bound up? wouldnt that be like having 1000hp and reving it in neutral, also im not bashing just courious.
Having increasd test for too long can be detramental to health.
Logical question/comment- yes, you are correct- and it is a valid statement, and I do think it could add to the efficacy of the product.

Fortunately SHBG (at least in normal humans) does not necessarily bind up all of the increased test, or even a large percentage of it, so increased test (at least in most cases) = increased free test.

But, to honor your point- increased test plus decreased SHBG= a LARGER percentage of increased free testosterone

LoveMeSexy

Awards
Is it okay to take drive and rpm with the morning empty stomach dose of IGF-2?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

dpfisher

This is an unusual question but would taking something like cycle support be beneficial with IGF-2? My blood pressure has been really quite high as of late... nothing dangerous since it's a short term thing but I'm averaging about 155/95 resting and I'm not taking more than the recommended amount. I'm probably going to cut out coffee and RPM completely and see if that does enough on its own before I think about adding anything else, but I've been going light on those already anyway.

And my other question which is probably going to get me made fun of but I really don't understand even after reading up... if the safed musli artificially introduces a chemical which converts to testosterone, how does this not affect natural production in any way? Is it just so small that it's not worth worrying about or is there something else I don't understand going on here? I'm not comfortable with the explanation "natural ingredients can't hurt you" which is all people have given me so far, because quite honestly it's a completely ignorant stance. Belladonna is completely natural but I'm sure as hell not going to start eating it.

Hopefully you guys can understand my concern for my health and realize that I completely understand this isn't near the same as some of the harsh things that people on these boards take but I still care to try to keep myself safe. I just want some answers beyond "lol ur dum it's natural."

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IGF-2 WILL raise testosterone levels, but withIN the body's NATURAL LIMITS!

This is an unusual question but would taking something like cycle support be beneficial with IGF-2? My blood pressure has been really quite high as of late... nothing dangerous since it's a short term thing but I'm averaging about 155/95 resting and I'm not taking more than the recommended amount. I'm probably going to cut out coffee and RPM completely and see if that does enough on its own before I think about adding anything else, but I've been going light on those already anyway.
There is no reason to take Cycle Support while using IGF-2.

You are hypertensive (normal blood pressure should be <140/90) (ACSM, 2005). Even being a "short-term" thing, this would not result from supplementing with IGF-2. I recommend looking into the reason for it, as it could be anything from stress (if so, supplementing with Relora could help) to an existing [underlying medical] condition, etc.

And my other question which is probably going to get me made fun of but I really don't understand even after reading up... if the safed musli artificially introduces a chemical which converts to testosterone, how does this not affect natural production in any way? Is it just so small that it's not worth worrying about or is there something else I don't understand going on here? I'm not comfortable with the explanation "natural ingredients can't hurt you" which is all people have given me so far, because quite honestly it's a completely ignorant stance. Belladonna is completely natural but I'm sure as hell not going to start eating it.
Let's get one thing straight: IGF-2 is NOT hormonal.

Clarification: Safed Musli (i.e. Chlorophytum Borivilianum) does not ARTIFICIALLY introduce a chemical; it CONTAINS Spirosta-steroidal saponins, which are NATURAL intermediates in the hormonal pathways of the body. One of those intermediates, desoxydiosgenin, can be converted into 11-oxa-5 alpha-androstane-3,17-dione, which can in turn be converted into testosterone (Johns, 1970; Salvi, Mukhurjee & Engel, 1986).

IGF-2 affects natural production yes, but not from an EXOgenous source (i.e. an exogenous source would be a steroid). The Spirosta-steroidal saponins in Safed Musli are ENDOgenous (i.e. naturally created within the body). Therefore, IGF-2 WILL raise testosterone levels, but withIN the body's NATURAL LIMITS!

As soon as you stop using IGF-2 your testosterone levels will return to baseline.

Hopefully you guys can understand my concern for my health and realize that I completely understand this isn't near the same as some of the harsh things that people on these boards take but I still care to try to keep myself safe. I just want some answers beyond "lol ur dum it's natural."
Yes, it's fine to be concerned for your health. And good on you for researching a product before blindly using it. However, from your words it seems that you assuming that IGF-2 is hormonal. Be assured that it is NOT.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I was mega-dosing IGF-2 (12 caps @175 lbs), I experienced hypotension, which was a first for me.

dpfisher

Hmm, I don't know why my blood pressure would increase 10-20 points with the addition of IGF-2 and no other changes then. One of the theories was that my already high blood pressure was from excess testosterone but that was already tested to be normal. Perhaps the blood pressure lowering effects just haven't kicked in yet for whatever reason. The reason I asked about cycle support is that it is designed (partially) to control BP, which my medication does fine with most of the time.

Anyway what I meant by "short term" is "a month of this won't hurt me so I'm not freaking out." But I am still curious.

Let's get one thing straight: IGF-2 is NOT hormonal.

Clarification: Safed Musli (i.e. Chlorophytum Borivilianum) does not ARTIFICIALLY introduce a chemical; it CONTAINS Spirosta-steroidal saponins, which are NATURAL intermediates in the hormonal pathways of the body. One of those intermeidates, desoxydiosgenin, can be converted into 11-oxa-5 alpha-androstane-3,17-dione, which can in turn be converted into testosterone (Johns, 1970; Salvi, Mukhurjee & Engel, 1986).

IGF-2 affects natural production yes, but not from an EXOgenous source (i.e. an exogenous source would be a steroid). The Spirosta-steroidal saponins in Safed Musli are ENDOgenous (i.e. naturally created within the body). Therefore, IGF-2 WILL raise testosterone levels, but withIN the body's NATURAL LIMITS!
I understand that there are no active hormones in the plant/pill, however this description does not make sense to me. Is the idea that desoxydiosgenin is naturally found in the body? A google search would have me believe otherwise since all mentions of this compound show up in reference to this supplement or one other from a different company and almost any naturally occurring compound will have at least one study or biology text mentioning it.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any risk of hair loss associated with IGF-2?
Not that I am aware of. Although anyone who has/at risk for male pattern baldness may experience it (albeit this would not be because of the product, but because of their inclination towards it).

pd278219

pd278219

Awards
I've been taking Drive and Rpm for a little over a month now with great results! I just ordered another bottle of Drive and RPM along with IGF-2 and Neovar. I'm wondering what I should do for the dosing of Neovar and IGF-2 when adding it into my current stack. I'm 225, taking 3 drive in the morning and 3 preworkout with 4 rpm preworkout. Thanks in advance!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dosing/Timing Schedule for pd278219

I've been taking Drive and Rpm for a little over a month now with great results! I just ordered another bottle of Drive and RPM along with IGF-2 and Neovar. I'm wondering what I should do for the dosing of Neovar and IGF-2 when adding it into my current stack. I'm 225, taking 3 drive in the morning and 3 preworkout with 4 rpm preworkout. Thanks in advance!
RPM

Gym (i.e. Resistance Training) Days
Dose - 4 caps 60-80 min pre-gym (i.e. WITH Drive)

Non-Gym (i.e. Resistance Training) Days
Dose - 2 caps first thing in the morning

Drive

Dose 1 - 4 caps first thing in the morning (i.e. with Dose 1 of IGF-2)
Dose 2 - 3 caps ~60-80 min pre-gym (i.e. WITH RPM)

Dose 1 - 4 caps first thing in the morning (i.e. with Dose 1 of IGF-2)
Dose 2 - 3 caps 6-8 hours later

IGF-2

Every Day
Dose 1 - 4 caps first thing in the morning (i.e. with Dose 1 of Drive)
Dose 2 - 4 caps last thing at night, just before you go to bed

NeoVar Recomped

Option A
Dose 1 - 3 caps immediate post-resistance (or cardio, if no resistance training and cardio instead) training AND THEN EAT A MEAL CONTAINING ~50g CARBOHYDRATES 15-20 MINUTES AFTERWARDS
Dose 2 - 3 caps 15-20 minutes pre-meal with at least 50g carbohydrates (either earlier or later in the day)

Option B
Dose 1 - 3 caps 40 min pre-gym
Dose 2 - 3 caps immediate post-resistance (or cardio, if no resistance training and cardio instead) training AND THEN EAT A MEAL CONTAINING ~50g CARBOHYDRATES 15-20 MINUTES AFTERWARDS

Option C
Dose 1 - 3 caps 40 min pre-gym
Dose 2 - 3 caps immediate post-resistance (or cardio, if no resistance training and cardio instead) training AND THEN EAT A MEAL CONTAINING ~50g CARBOHYDRATES 15-20 MINUTES AFTERWARDS
Dose 3 - 3 caps 15-20 minutes pre-meal with at least 50g carbohydrates (either earlier or later in the day)

Dose 1 - 15-20 minutes before breakfast (should contain at least 50g of carbohydrate)
Dose 2 - 15-20 minutes before another meal (should contain at least 50g of carbohydrate) during the day

pd278219

pd278219

Awards
Thanks a lot I'm really excited to see what this stack can do!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks a lot I'm really excited to see what this stack can do!
No worries. Look forward to great things. Let us know how it goes.

twuncher

twuncher

Awards
been on 3 days loving the sleep, only been getting 6-7hours but feel great!! hopefully in a week i should start noticing the other effects i will keep posted on results!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, should by the end of the week, maybe a little longer start noticing the increased libido and some of the other effects

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
been on 3 days loving the sleep, only been getting 6-7hours but feel great!! hopefully in a week i should start noticing the other effects i will keep posted on results!
Yep, the other effects should be noticeable soon, especially muscle hardness and fullness (I notice this in the first few days, along with the elimination of DOMS and better sleep), gains in strength and endurance (keep building weekly) and libido increases (will hit you harder, being a male; MY libido is very dependent on my moods).

twuncher

twuncher

Awards
yeah muscle hardness is there with in 3 days, skin a little oily, sleep still amazing! Hitting the gym tonight so will report on endurance/strength increases!

one thing i'm slightly concerned about is my nipples being sore now, (i have never done a pro-hormone cycle or steroids) i have always had sensitive nipples since a teenager, now on IGF-2 they have become extremely sensitive! debating whether to stop right away or give it a few more days to see if symptoms persist!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah muscle hardness is there with in 3 days, skin a little oily, sleep still amazing! Hitting the gym tonight so will report on endurance/strength increases!

one thing i'm slightly concerned about is my nipples being sore now, (i have never done a pro-hormone cycle or steroids) i have always had sensitive nipples since a teenager, now on IGF-2 they have become extremely sensitive! debating whether to stop right away or give it a few more days to see if symptoms persist!
The IGF-2 will NOT be causing your nipple sensitivity/soreness. And FYI, it is NOT a hormonal product!!!

twuncher

twuncher

Awards
yeah i know its not hormonal and was one of the reason i decided to give it a try :)
i did wear a new shirt when i noticed it so possible me being paranoid and its just irritation, just obviously the only new supplement im testing, so it was the logical thing to bring it up!

i will keep posted, thanks for all the info and support Rosie much appreciated.

I am really enjoying being IGF2 though i cant get over how good the sleep is still :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i did wear a new shirt when i noticed it so possible me being paranoid and its just irritation, just obviously the only new supplement im testing, so it was the logical thing to bring it up!
brand new never washed polo shirts without a t-shirt underneath do that to me every time :)

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
brand new never washed polo shirts without a t-shirt underneath do that to me every time :)
i get spotty arms from my tshirt sleeves rubbing against my skin. well my gf tells me thats why they get spotty!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tobias Sherman IGF-1/GH 16
IGF-1/GH 2
Anabolics 1
Supplements 3
Supplements 0