Icariin

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Cinnamon + gold leaf + Clear Shot = Goldschlager?

i am happy to announce that the apple cinnamon clear shot i made today tastes absolutely amazing. seems i found the perfect flavor system for this stuff

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i am happy to announce that the apple cinnamon clear shot i made today tastes absolutely amazing. seems i found the perfect flavor system for this stuff
That sounds delicious.

What's even better news is that I am not going to call you "Chef Boy R Patrick" for your culinary expertise.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
That sounds delicious.

What's even better news is that I am not going to call you "Chef Boy R Patrick" for your culinary expertise.
what is pathetic is that a while back we sent clear shot to a flavor manufacture for their flavor experts to flavor it for us. they sent us back green apple, grape, and fruit punch

all three tasted absolutely disgusting. those bastards did not even try to flavor it, they just sent us three run of the mill flavors off the shelf. they probably did not even taste the stuff

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what is pathetic is that a while back we sent clear shot to a flavor manufacture for their flavor experts to flavor it for us. they sent us back green apple, grape, and fruit punch

all three tasted absolutely disgusting. those bastards did not even try to flavor it, they just sent us three run of the mill flavors off the shelf. they probably did not even taste the stuff
This is becoming standard. We used FONA, and they were absolutely fantastic...until everyone else started using them, then they could not really be bother with smaller projects anymore and did the same thing (sent us stock flavors.)

A good flavor system will make or break a product these days.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how long till you would be able to ship some in that flavor?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
how long till you would be able to ship some in that flavor?

well the problem is we have a substantial amount of the original flavor in stock.

if you would like to buy out our inventory then i am sure lots of people would be most grateful!!

jdrannin1

Awards
well the problem is we have a substantial amount of the original flavor in stock.

if you would like to buy out our inventory then i am sure lots of people would be most grateful!!
How much $$$$ ?

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established

ill give you three fiddy

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

NUTRAPLANET BLOW-OUT SALE!!!!

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
NUTRAPLANET BLOW-OUT SALE!!!!
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't do this I am broke enough the way it is. Don't make me buy 48 clearshot. PLEASE!
Disclaimer: I am being sarcastic I would love to buy 48 clearshot. It would be even better if someone else bought me 48 clearshot

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
That sounds good.

You were also speaking of reformulating the ingredients, is this still the plan, or just a new flavor system?

And all this cinnamon talk, I think I am going to go get me some Hot Tamales

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

You might want to look into doing promotions at nearby college campuses. Energy Drinks are consumed by a lot of college students, especially before an exam or at a party (typically mixed with alcohol). I've never tried your Clear Shot, but sure seems to knock the socks off of ReaperX. If you can convince college kids that Clear Shot is stronger and more kick-ass than redbull, I'm sure they'll come back for more.

Perhaps we should think up some good Clear Shot Mixer ideas.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
You might want to look into doing promotions at nearby college campuses. Energy Drinks are consumed by a lot of college students, especially before an exam or at a party (typically mixed with alcohol). I've never tried your Clear Shot, but sure seems to knock the socks off of ReaperX. If you can convince college kids that Clear Shot is stronger and more kick-ass than redbull, I'm sure they'll come back for more.

Monster knocks his socks off....

Just don't give it to under 18 yo. The sh1t hit the fan here in Colorado when some HS kids got their gruby paws on Spike Shooters...

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I am super-broke. My new motto is "Unless it's free, it won't be reviewed by me."

Catchy huh?

Damned wife and baby and their demands for food and shelter! They're really hurting my supp fetish:whiner: lol

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damned wife and baby and their demands for food and shelter! They're really hurting my supp fetish:whiner: lol
Clear shot works amazingly instead of water for formula. :)

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
That sounds good.

You were also speaking of reformulating the ingredients, is this still the plan, or just a new flavor system?

And all this cinnamon talk, I think I am going to go get me some Hot Tamales

just flavor. i can't think of anything i can add that is gonna make it work any better than it does already, and i don't wanna f- with the flavor

icariin is insoluble as i pointed out too

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
just flavor. i can't think of anything i can add that is gonna make it work any better than it does already, and i don't wanna f- with the flavor

icariin is insoluble as i pointed out too
How about a cranberry flavor? I think cranberry and ginger would be good. But then again I'm from a Slovak family, we spread a mixture of prunes and horseradish on a cheese called Cirak.....and that's a delicasy.
These flavors seem obscure, but I kinda like the idea that they're not such a "run of the mill" thing. It adds an edge.

Icariin is not only insoluble, but it tastes terrible.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Stims and babies....hmmm. NO.

My nerves are shot as it is.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How about a cranberry flavor? I think cranberry and ginger would be good. But then again I'm from a Slovak family, we spread a mixture of prunes and horseradish on a cheese called Cirak.....and that's a delicasy.
These flavors seem obscure, but I kinda like the idea that they're not such a "run of the mill" thing. It adds an edge.

Cranberry? What have you been smoking? Cirak?

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
Hahahaha some one that has Clear Shot should try doing a Drink

Atomic Pat(1 whole CLear shot/1oz Tequila/.5oz 151/.5 jagermeister)

who evers does that and post proof gets some rep :lol:

jdrannin1

Awards
mmmmm....carbonated cranberry. I dont think you could have carbonated water in Clear Shot bottles tho :think:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In Slovakia, the 'r' makes a 'd' sound.

In Soviet Russia, road forks you.

You don't think cranberry ginger sounds good? I would think the bittersweet taste of cranberry would accent the spicy taste of ginger quite well.

And now I've seriously gotta hook you up with some cirak so you can taste it's amazingness.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established

we have discussed doing this as well as many other ideas. However (and as f'ed up as this sounds) we have no real marketing department at our company. we have ideas but nobody to take charge and implement them. we are currently interviewing candidates for marketing assistant to make these kind of things happen. we have gotten a few attractive females fill out applications over the last few days

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established

yeah even if the icariin was soluble it would be impossible to mask its bitterness

the apple cinnamon tastes like spicy apple cider. goes so well with the heat. i can't stop sipping it the stuff tastes so good

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
mmmmm....carbonated cranberry. I dont think you could have carbonated water in Clear Shot bottles tho :think:

if you did then you can shake them up and whip them at cars. they would explode like mini-grenades

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
or competitors booths at the Olympia :thumbsup:

i am wondering if i need a bodyguard at the olympia. i wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to jump me.

if i get busted for fighting i will be in violation of probation

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
we have discussed doing this as well as many other ideas. However (and as f'ed up as this sounds) we have no real marketing department at our company. we have ideas but nobody to take charge and implement them. we are currently interviewing candidates for marketing assistant to make these kind of things happen. we have gotten a few attractive females fill out applications over the last few days
You guys sound like my old college fraternity. (great ideas, but no one to carry them out).

I wouldn't have suspected Ergopharm to have a marketing department. Not to sound offensive; you're priorities simply appear to lie elsewhere.

Good luck in finding a good hot chick for your marketing assistant. Suprisingly, the hotties tend to be really good at marketing. Look at all the sales/marketing reps for the major pharmaceuticals companies. Jeez, they could do several special edition playboy's featuring them.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
you are weirding me out man
You guys are lol. I like to learn new information. I have no information on how that system works so here I have someone that has /is experiencing it first hand....just wanted to learn...that's all.

LOL remember I'm not the one that runs around in a sexy hairnet all day long :D

Much Love,

Neoborn

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
i am wondering if i need a bodyguard at the olympia. i wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to jump me.

Take it easy, I'm sure we could all get along without fighting....right? :ntome:

Much Love,

Neoborn

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

can you use a can of Mace in self defense? (not to be confused with my buddy & fellow AX rep)

ticktwo

Awards
Clear Shot Mixes:

Grey Goose Orange with Clear Shot
Grey Goose Pear, Pineapple Juice with Clear Shot
Bacardi Raz with Clear Shot

Anything has got to be better then Red Bull!

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
You guys sound like my old college fraternity. (great ideas, but no one to carry them out).

I wouldn't have suspected Ergopharm to have a marketing department. Not to sound offensive; you're priorities simply appear to lie elsewhere.

Good luck in finding a good hot chick for your marketing assistant. Suprisingly, the hotties tend to be really good at marketing. Look at all the sales/marketing reps for the major pharmaceuticals companies. Jeez, they could do several special edition playboy's featuring them.

you seem alot more knowledgable than a 21 year old

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Clear Shot Mixes:

Grey Goose Orange with Clear Shot
Grey Goose Pear, Pineapple Juice with Clear Shot
Bacardi Raz with Clear Shot

Anything has got to be better then Red Bull!
Boo grey goose. I am 99% certain it is a placebo effect, any religious GG drinker would not tell the difference from Popov.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
Boo grey goose. I am 99% certain it is a placebo effect, any religious GG drinker would not tell the difference from Popov.
you dont noticed the diff on the taste? ? ? smell or anything like that ? you cant taste the cheap plastic from popov?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
vodka is water and ethanol

regardless of who makes it, it is still water and ethanol.

Unless the mash boils over, vodka is always water and ethanol. And if the mash boils over, it will not taste like vodka, it will taste terrible.

Now let's not delve into the alcohol community. Otherwise you will see me talk smack about their advertisements and engineers worse than PA could ever dream of calling out one of our board sponsors.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
vodka is water and ethanol

regardless of who makes it, it is still water and ethanol.

Unless the mash boils over, vodka is always water and ethanol. And if the mash boils over, it will not taste like vodka, it will taste terrible.

well alot of these high falootin vodkas out there now have carbs in them. I guess they are added.

and perhaps there can be minute quantities of other volatile fermentation products which are distilled over and offer faint aromatic properties. perhaps some esters or something. these may be the difference between cheap and good

plus one thing i don't understand is how some some moonshine and what not can taste almost like water.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
plus one thing i don't understand is how some some moonshine and what not can taste almost like water.
According to a friend from West Virginia the difference is in the quality of the distillery operation. Large moonshine operations usually taste worse than those made in smaller quantities. All I know is the stuff he would bring from home usually made me black out after a few shots. It was decent going down though.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well alot of these high falootin vodkas out there now have carbs in them. I guess they are added.

and perhaps there can be minute quantities of other volatile fermentation products which are distilled over and offer faint aromatic properties. perhaps some esters or something. these may be the difference between cheap and good

well pure ethanol has no taste to it. "It tastes like...burning" to quote Ralph Wiggum.

I sometimes wonder what sort of inferior distillation columns they're using to make these alcohol products. The quality of your product is going to depend on how many trays you're using and how much you let relfux back into the column. It's actually kinda neat, you can take the distillation curve, and draw a "staircase" along the curve to find out how many columns are necessary. There's also tricks that can be done to avoid the formation of azeotropes.

Moonshine is a real hit or miss because it's a still in someone's backyard. There's a lot of variables involved and the quality of the alcohol ranges from piss poor to superior.

jdrannin1

Awards

I'll take the first punch for a free bottle of ClearShot.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
well pure ethanol has no taste to it. "It tastes like...burning" to quote Ralph Wiggum.

I sometimes wonder what sort of inferior distillation columns they're using to make these alcohol products. The quality of your product is going to depend on how many trays you're using and how much you let relfux back into the column. It's actually kinda neat, you can take the distillation curve, and draw a "staircase" along the curve to find out how many columns are necessary. There's also tricks that can be done to avoid the formation of azeotropes.

Moonshine is a real hit or miss because it's a still in someone's backyard. There's a lot of variables involved and the quality of the alcohol ranges from piss poor to superior.
yeah theoretical plates. we don't do any distillation processes hear but we have hired people from companies that did

i don't think there is any harm in overdoing the fractionation other than just requiring more time and energy to get the job done. i imagine a good backyard distillery might just do just that

itsrawb

itsrawb

Awards

cause they add sugar and **** for flavoring! plus it hits you quicker