45,135x5
225x3
315x1
335 6x1 w/ 15 sec rests

Cable Pullthrus
120 3x20

Back-Supported Hanging Leg Raises
3x15

Broke out the new Spud 2-ply gateway squat suit for the first time. This thing is great! I’ve been in just a few different suits over the years, and they are extremely difficult to get into, but this new material is so stretchy I was able to get into it myself without hanging the straps from a barbell - just wore some slick leggings and pulled & wiggled for less than 2 minutes!

That being said, the level of support is pretty great considering the ease of use & incredibly cheap price tag. It doesn’t have any groove you need to stay in, make you squat a certain way, or bind up and stop you at any point; it just gives some good pop out of the bottom and provides strong compression & good feedback on body position.

505 felt pretty light, but 550 was max effort! I would have needed the straps up to carry on, but I didn’t have anyone useful to set them at the commercial gym. Glad I got to play with this before surgery next week.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
550 is awesome!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/30/22

11 min walk

Rope Cable Facepulls, Pressdown, Row circuit
33 3x25/4x25/3x15/arm

Reverse Band Floorpress
45x10
+minibands from top
135x5
185x3
235,275,305,325x1
+sleeves
345,365x1 PR
385x1 needed assistance

Widegrip Floorpress
225x8
245x5
255 2x5

DB Flyes
50 3x12 slow tempo

DB NG Bench
50 2x25

Tricep Pressdown
44x20
71x15
99x10
122x10 - 76x7 - 49x9 dropset

Seated DB Rear Delt Flyes
40 2x12

DB Laterals
35x12
40x10

Knew I couldn’t PR anything existing today, so I did a new max effort exercise variant - enjoyed this one A LOT! Spotter really let me work hard to get a proper max effort strain on the 385. I feel like this set me up well to go into elbow surgery next Wednesday neurologically strong.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on getting to grind that one out. Something about that all out effort that is just so rewarding.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12/1/22
BW 243.6

8 min walk

Bird Dogs
Standing Side Crunch
45x20/side
Suitcase Carry
45x1 trip/side

GHR
3x15
1x30 PR

BB Rows
45,135,185x15
+belt
235,255x10
275,295x8

Underhand Lat Pulldown warmups

V-Grip Chins

Hip Thruster Machine
180,360x10
540 2x6 volume PR

Low-Back Supported Hanging Leg Raise
2x20

No squats or pulls tonight; saving up for a big pull Monday morning hopefully with surgery looming next Wednesday. Kind of kicked ass on accessories tonight, due to hitting them fresh for a change.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on those PR's and damn on the 30 reps on GHR!!!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on those PR's and damn on the 30 reps on GHR!!!!!
Thanks! I can tell I really added some good hamstring size on the last blast; I knew they were previously too small to support a 600lb squat, so I made volume there a priority. I was really pleased to see how strong my glutes were last night, but I know I will have to make them bigger as well to take my lower body lifts to the next level. They aren’t as big as they used to be in 2019-2020.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks! I can tell I really added some good hamstring size on the last blast; I knew they were previously too small to support a 600lb squat, so I made volume there a priority. I was really pleased to see how strong my glutes were last night, but I know I will have to make them bigger as well to take my lower body lifts to the next level. They aren’t as big as they used to be in 2019-2020.
What other exercises do you recommend for this if you don’t have a GHR?

And hip thrusters? How often do you do those?

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Man, lots to catch up on here. Glad you're getting the elbow figured out! Killer lifts lately and awesome progress for a cruise on top of it.

And that silverback got back for sure. That's the goal, let the butt just engulf the lower back altogether!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What other exercises do you recommend for this if you don’t have a GHR?

And hip thrusters? How often do you do those?
If you can wedge your ankles under your power rack or a bench, you can do Nordic Leg Curls. You can also choke a band from the top of your rack to pull on, or do an explosive push-up, to assist off the floor if you aren’t strong enough yet. You will want to put something soft under your knees.

I never do hip thrusters; I did not build my glute power with them. This is a Nautilus Glute Drive machine, and I did it just for variety. And as a power move, because I can max it out while nobody else there will even try to go past 2 plates a side

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Off topic question ?

What would be my optimal Pregnenolone level ?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
On the subject of Nordic Curls, Spud Inc has their Glute/Ham strap on sale for 48 hours with code

GLUTE25

IMG_7374.JPG

^Or you see how you could easily rig something yourself with a rope & old cushion, etc.

Off topic question ?

What would be my optimal Pregnenolone level ?
I don’t know anything about that, but I would say something inside a normal range where you feel the best, to look at it practically. Same as most hormones!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On the subject of Nordic Curls, Spud Inc has their Glute/Ham strap on sale for 48 hours with code

GLUTE25

View attachment 225629

^Or you see how you could easily rig something yourself with a rope & old cushion, etc.
Ordered, thank you!

Easy enough to make, but worth the convenience to not.

IMG_2443.JPG

These made for a great home gym pad and will come in handy here.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don’t know anything about that, but I would say something inside a normal range where you feel the best, to look at it practically. Same as most hormones!
Thank you!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12/4/22
BW 238.8

10 min walk

Rope Facepulls, Pressdowns, Rows circuit
38 4x25, 4x25, 3x15

Bench
45 2x5
135,185,235x5
270 2x5
275,280,285x5

Closer Grip Decline Bench
295 2x3
305x4

Plate-loaded Seated Shoulder Press
45,90x15
115,135x12
160x7

EZBar Dirty Thirties
50,60,70x10/10/10

EZBar Tri Extensions
100x12+3 rolling

Pec Deck
220x15,11,8

DB Laterals
22.5x30
25x25

Fasted for ~58 hours. Definitely dropped a couple lbs of fat. Got a couple good meals in and had some great training today - benched 15lbs more than last week. Blood pressure was also 5-10pts lower the last 2 days while fasting, which was cool to see.

Hoping for a good deadlift tomorrow morning!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope you have an awesome dead lift day!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
12/4/22
BW 238.8

10 min walk

Rope Facepulls, Pressdowns, Rows circuit
38 4x25, 4x25, 3x15

Bench
45 2x5
135,185,235x5
270 2x5
275,280,285x5

Closer Grip Decline Bench
295 2x3
305x4

Plate-loaded Seated Shoulder Press
45,90x15
115,135x12
160x7

EZBar Dirty Thirties
50,60,70x10/10/10

EZBar Tri Extensions
100x12+3 rolling

Pec Deck
220x15,11,8

DB Laterals
22.5x30
25x25

Fasted for ~58 hours. Definitely dropped a couple lbs of fat. Got a couple good meals in and had some great training today - benched 15lbs more than last week. Blood pressure was also 5-10pts lower the last 2 days while fasting, which was cool to see.

Hoping for a good deadlift tomorrow morning!
You’re still maintaining good strength even with all the weight you’ve dropped…..do you have a goal you want to get down to?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
58 Hours without food = Wow!!!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
for some reason I thought your surgery was this past Saturday, its coming up isn't it?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You’re still maintaining good strength even with all the weight you’ve dropped…..do you have a goal you want to get down to?
Not particularly, just get leaner for now so I can utilize nutrients & drugs better with less health impact. I definitely wanted to drop my bodyweight some before this procedure.

for some reason I thought your surgery was this past Saturday, its coming up isn't it?
Wednesday, God willing. Wife got a flu Friday, both her & now my stepdaughter are home from work sick today. Praying not to get sick before!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12/5/22

8 min walk

Bird Dogs
Side Planks
Glute Bridges

20” Box Jumps
2x3

GHR
1x15

Low Handle Trapbar Deadlift
60,150x5
240x3
330,420x1
+belt
490,540,570x1 PR

8” Hi Handle Trapbar
+straps
420 3x8

Underhand Pulldown Warmups

V-Grip Chin-ups
3x8
1x9+1

I really wanted 600 today after doing 560x3 on the 17th, but things just weren’t moving that fast & 540 was max effort. Hit some ammonia and got someone to slap my back and 570 was definitely easier. I probably should have gone for 600 as fast as it moved, but I had really taken my mind to a competitive level of arousal & didn’t want to get greedy coming off a 2-day fast.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Still a solid session that I am sure you enjoyed.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
oh damn, yeah you need to dodge that bullet lol. I'd be doubling down on every home remedy I know and pho twice a day
I’m not supposed to take any vitamins or supplements because of the surgery to help prevent bleeding/clotting complications.

I can have normal food intake levels of vitamins & minerals, but I can’t be taking megadoses, or use any adaptogens or other antioxidants.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Here's to wishing you stay in good health!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Always good to see the PRs keep coming as the weight is dropping. Your workouts are always the definition of progressiveness and steadiness…..Hopefully your procedure goes well, and we’ll keep your wife and daughter in our prayers. Man the flu this year is no joke, I’m over it but my wife still is battling a nagging cough. Hope you don’t catch it so you can get your procedure over with.🙏

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You got one more session in you before Surgery or taking a rest day? How's the wife doing and step daughter doing with the flu?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You got one more session in you before Surgery or taking a rest day? How's the wife doing and step daughter doing with the flu?
Done training. Tuesday before work is wife’s turn to train, and after is my son’s gymnastics, and it’s my turn to take him - definitely don’t want to miss that, since I’ll be wrapped up still next week!

Wife is better and going to work, stepdaughter still home sick, and praise God I am still going strong.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Done training. Tuesday before work is wife’s turn to train, and after is my son’s gymnastics, and it’s my turn to take him - definitely don’t want to miss that, since I’ll be wrapped up still next week!

Wife is better and going to work, stepdaughter still home sick, and praise God I am still going strong.
How old is your Stepdaughter ?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
21. We have really encouraged her to keep living here as long as she likes, because she’s awesome to have around to help take care of her little brother, and he loves playing with her so much.
Is your wife older than you?
We made the same offer to my step daughters... save money go to school for free from home basically. they both wanted to spread their wings and I have no complaints about the quiet house 😂😂

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is your wife older than you?
We made the same offer to my step daughters... save money go to school for free from home basically. they both wanted to spread their wings and I have no complaints about the quiet house
Yeah I thought you knew that, she’s almost your age. Big 4-0 in January for her! Need to come up with something fun to celebrate pretty soon.

She had my stepdaughter right out high school.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My oldest daughter lived at home until she graduated college got a good job and bought a house. That was about 25 years ago and thank heaven she has a great head on her shoulders !!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I thought you knew that, she’s almost your age. Big 4-0 in January for her! Need to come up with something fun to celebrate pretty soon.

She had my stepdaughter right out high school.
I see you also landed a cougar tag. good hunting, Sir.
For my wife's 50th we did a trip into the San Juan Islands and brought her kids and some friends / family up for a tour of one of the islands then a big BBQ down on the docks and about 3 days of drinks lol. For my 40th I told her I only wanted 2 things. A homecooked meal and the rest is NSFW.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Supposed to report for surgery at 6am for the procedure around 7:40am tomorrow.

My ride got the flu and had to bail, but wife got off work to take me (have to have a driver to leave). We may have to take my son with when we leave at 3:30am tonight, because daycare won’t be open, unless my sick stepdaughter plans to take him for us.

Still waiting on my mandatory PCR COVID test results from Walgreens, taken Sunday at 10:30am - the earliest possible time I was allowed to have them drawn. Without them allegedly I can’t have the procedure, which is beyond frustrating.