Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't like waiting on things that are out of my control !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't like waiting on things that are out of my control !!
Same. Still nothing. Can’t call Walgreens; it’s a Labcorp issue. Can’t contact Labcorp directly about it. Can’t get a call back from the surgeon’s nurse about not having it yet. Have to be in Chicago at 6am even though that’s before start of business for any of this to get sorted out.

Plan now is to just get my son up at 3am and for my wife to take us. And hope it either comes in, or they will do a rapid swab test and then do my procedure at some point in the day.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Same. Still nothing. Can’t call Walgreens; it’s a Labcorp issue. Can’t contact Labcorp directly about it. Can’t get a call back from the surgeon’s nurse about not having it yet. Have to be in Chicago at 6am even though that’s before start of business for any of this to get sorted out.

Plan now is to just get my son up at 3am and for my wife to take us. And hope it either comes in, or they will do a rapid swab test and then do my procedure at some point in the day.
Man that has to suck…surely they can do the rapid test. Hopefully they’ll do it after all you’ve been through.
The healthcare industry can get frustrating, especially when there is an obvious lack of communication and organization on their end.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Called the pharmacist before they closed earlier & explained my dilemma. So he gave me my order number and link to the actual lab portal, and THAT showed it was received and still in testing as of 8pm.

Checked again at midnight and it’s complete! I was able to print off the negative results & bypass waiting for the pharmacy email (that still hasn’t come).

LET’S FUCKING GO!!!

IMG_7404.JPG

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Called the pharmacist before they closed earlier & explained my dilemma. So he gave me my order number and link to the actual lab portal, and THAT showed it was received and still in testing as of 8pm.

Checked again at midnight and it’s complete! I was able to print off the negative results & bypass waiting for the pharmacy email (that still hasn’t come).

LET’S FUCKING GO!!!

View attachment 225812
Nice! Best of luck man 👍🤘

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So happy for you Brother, I can't even imagine the frustration if this fell through. Here is to wishing you a speedy recovery!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IMG_7406.JPG

At long last 🦾

Nerve function tested fine post op, and THEN a nerve block was applied to prevent pain most of the first 24hours. Which means my arm is 20lbs of dead weight (hence sling), but I’m sure it’s a fair trade.

Doc said it went really well and he was able to clean a ton out, bone spurs, pieces, polishing. Indomethacin NSAID administration for a month and a big prayer for hoping it doesn’t regrow bone in response to the trauma from this clean-up.

No cast; soft wrap for a week so I can begin my own PT of progressive movement tomorrow once the nerve block wears off, endorsed by surgeon

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm glad things went well !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
50mg NPP in the right quad as soon as I got home earlier.

Took 60mg test e & 40mg mast e Sunday. Plan for the week, on top of that, is the 50 NPP today and 25mg each Friday & Sunday.

I have HGH & BPC157 since I originally thought this would be an open surgery that would slice a tendon, but since it was an arthroscopic bone debridement I don’t plan to go that route now. Metformin on top of antibiotics and NSAIDs sounds like a gut bomb, and I would need that with HGH likely.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hell yeah, dude, glad you got it taken care of. Looking forward to seeing those post recovery numbers go up.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In for the PR's !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad to see everything went well and you are on your way to recovery! Hopefully you are pleasantly surprised with the pain level once the nerve block is completely worn off.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My portal results said that, in addition to the bone debridement performed, they removed 3 loose calcified bodies that were all between 0.6-0.9cm in size.

For reference, that’s 3 bone pieces averaging the thickness of a standard #2 pencil (0.75cm) that were stuck in there!

Glad to see everything went well and you are on your way to recovery! Hopefully you are pleasantly surprised with the pain level once the nerve block is completely worn off.
Yeah the block seemed to be about gone at 3:45am when my wife’s gym alarm went off. She convinced me to take a 12 hour morphine pill out of caution then, but I’m assuming when it wears off in a couple hours I will either just take a Norco, or plain acetaminophen, or possibly nothing.

I’m sure the 75mg Indomethacin I have to take daily is helping.

My dressing I have to leave on isn’t really designed to bend much, but overall I have successfully been able to use my hand and arm a good deal.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
My portal results said that, in addition to the bone debridement performed, they removed 3 loose calcified bodies that were all between 0.6-0.9cm in size.

For reference, that’s 3 bone pieces averaging the thickness of a standard #2 pencil (0.75cm) that were stuck in there!

Yeah the block seemed to be about gone at 3:45am when my wife’s gym alarm went off. She convinced me to take a 12 hour morphine pill out of caution then, but I’m assuming when it wears off in a couple hours I will either just take a Norco, or plain acetaminophen, or possibly nothing.

My dressing I have to leave on isn’t really designed to bend much, but overall I have successfully been able to use my hand and arm a good deal.
Once the pain from surgery subsides I bet it's going to feel great having all that junk outta there!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

you're going to recovery so much faster than a non athlete, docs would be blown away to see it.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde do you have a favorite power lifting program? or at this point do you feel self programming is more effective for you?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde do you have a favorite power lifting program? or at this point do you feel self programming is more effective for you?
Favorite for me? I think different programming can be appropriate in all kinds of different scenarios.

Someone just getting into powerlifting is best served doing heavy specificity & lots of volume and frequency to master the lifts and build muscle specific to the competition lifts. Someone much more experienced like myself needs to get away from that most of the time because it will promote overuse, and the need for comp specific training isn’t as necessary as just increasing maximal strength, rate of force production, and bringing up specific muscular weaknesses that develop from just doing a comp- focused routine.

I would say that I have most recently been following a conjugate program, as in one that generally attempts to train multiple qualities concurrently like I mentioned above. Over the weekly and especially mesocycle period, there is different emphasis being placed on maximal effort, repetitive efforts, and technical work. A rotation of efforts and lifts selected to address my current needs.

However, this still has phasic qualities - what I am doing 12 weeks out from contest was different than 8 weeks out, which is different than the peaking phase ~30 days out. And post contest, I didn’t even train conjugate - it was strictly a recovery/deloading/unilateral/GPP focus phase. I’m currently back in a conjugate approach, but the squat has been greatly de-emphasized to heal my ankle and prepare for this surgery, since I don’t know how long it will be to return to arm use so legs will become the focus for a meso.

TLDR: I like wing it But you gotta have the experience & accountability to be able to analyze and autoregulate efficiently.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Written like a true professional !!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad your surgery went well….sounds like you’ll be able to rebound pretty quickly. As it heals up it will feel so much better and unrestrained with those bone spurs gone.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hyde, how you feeling this morning ??

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hyde, how you feeling this morning ??
Really great. Never felt the 12-hour morphine tab from 4am yesterday wear off so I’m fairly certain I never even needed it. No chronic pain, barely any minor discomfort even occasionally - I mean it’s as close to perfect feeling as you could probably get.

So no pain meds, besides the daily dose of the NSAID Indomethacin I’m supposed to take for a month to help prevent bone regrowth.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great to hear !!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I imagine moving that arm in some way as soon as you can is smart, are you able to yet? biggest issue I recall from the last time I was in a sling like that was everything freezing up and the majority of my pain actually being the elbow after clavicle surgery as I regained mobility there

however, it's dumb for me to even say that to you, I know you know this already

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I imagine moving that arm in some way as soon as you can is smart, are you able to yet? biggest issue I recall from the last time I was in a sling like that was everything freezing up and the majority of my pain actually being the elbow after clavicle surgery as I regained mobility there

however, it's dumb for me to even say that to you, I know you know this already
I am certain I’ve moved and used it was more than they intended

I can extend and curl it slightly. So I’m not locked in place at all, just limited in flexion significantly and kind of bound from the end range of extension (which I also haven’t had in forever so could be me needing to do therapy still more likely).

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am certain I’ve moved and used it was more than they intended

I can extend and curl it slightly. So I’m not locked in place at all, just limited in flexion significantly and kind of bound from the end range of extension (which I also haven’t had in forever so could be me needing to do therapy still more likely).
I’m sure you already have a game plan, but when I was recovering from a torsion fracture in my elbow and forearm years ago as soon, as I was able to curl again, one of the best exercises I attribute working that arm back to normal was dumbbell preacher curls with supination and pronation. It really helped bring the strength and flexion back really well.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m sure you already have a game plan, but when I was recovering from a torsion fracture in my elbow and forearm years ago as soon, as I was able to curl again, one of the best exercises I attribute working that arm back to normal was dumbbell preacher curls with supination and pronation. It really helped bring the strength and flexion back really well.
Definitely will give it a go! I can easily see the value of leveraging the back of the tricep against a pad while weighting the hand with a db.

I am glad I have my GHD in the garage! GHR, back extensions, preacher curl bench, sit-up anchor all in one, with band pegs!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Definitely will give it a go! I can easily see the value of leveraging the back of the tricep against a pad while weighting the hand with a db.

I am glad I have my GHD in the garage! GHR, back extensions, preacher curl bench, sit-up anchor all in one, with band pegs!
Preacher curl bench hack! Genius!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s already a good sign, especially after just a couple of days.👍💪

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great to hear, you will be back better than ever very soon !

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Can't Wait !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just want you all to know that it’s taking all of my willpower not to just go into the garage and start doing curls & overhead pressing now that I have full ROM back
Well sounds like you are going to be fine !!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just want you all to know that it’s taking all of my willpower not to just go into the garage and start doing curls & overhead pressing now that I have full ROM back
Yeah I understand that totally…..especially when you start feeling better much quicker than anticipated. My wife says I’m a bad patient because I almost always try and start back early. I tell her, no I’m just good at working out and want to stay good…..needless to say she doesn’t like that answer.🤷🏻‍♂️
You know what your doing though, and know to be cautious as you start back, always slow and steady.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I understand that totally…..especially when you start feeling better much quicker than anticipated. My wife says I’m a bad patient because I almost always try and start back early. I tell her, no I’m just good at working out and want to stay good…..needless to say she doesn’t like that answer.
You know what your doing though, and know to be cautious as you start back, always slow and steady.
Honestly I think that's great. I struggle with PT cause most of the PTs I've met try to get you back from couch to fridge and I want the PT who's trying to make me better than I was before. I told my wife never accept "you won't do that anymore" and only find doctors or pt dedicated to treating you like an athlete who's income is on the line....

But that's me....

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We're all screwed. You're gonna be raising the bar one week out of surgery

I'll weigh 300lbs by nye trying to catch up with y'all

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m intentionally using my arm normally at this point, pain-free. I am carrying my son, playing with him, pushing and pulling with it, able to support my weight comfortably on my hands and knees.

I think I’ll make one PT appointment this coming week (I have a script for 6 weeks, 3x a week to begin ASAP) to see what they have to say, if have deficits I need to work on, best ways to address them, etc.

Bloodwork early Monday, so that is helping me hold off training - then hitting the commercial gym for Max Effort Hacksquats. Follow up with local surgeon Wednesday morning, and then I’m getting back to it!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At approximately 60 hours post-op, I was able to grab my throat again and button my shirt last night.

This is going to be awesome!!!
Worded like intense and rough makeup sex, then being able to dress yourself afterward. Only thing missing is a cigarette.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
236.2lbs

-10lbs in just 2 weeks of intermittent & extended fasting.

Muscles still reasonably full with obvious belly/low back fat loss. Hunger really isn’t an issue, especially compared to typical caloric reduction.

he looks f'ing lean in "vessel 2". looks like he dropped 10%+ BF.
despite your training PR's, do you feel like you can gauge any strength losses (or how severe) after these 2 weeks?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12/12/22

8 min walk

Bird Dogs

GHR
2x15

Legpress
90,180x10

Hacksquat
90,180,270x3
360x1
+triple-ply sleeves
450x1
+belt
540,630x1 PR
700 MISS
360x8,12 PR

Legpress
360x30

Bloodwork as soon as lab opened today, so only had about an hour to jam. Maxing hacksquat was a blast! Way stronger now compared to probably 9-12 months ago.

“Life or death, live or die
I will never live a lie
I'm gon' get because I try
I won't quit until I die!”

-Lord Give Me A Sign, DMX