11/12/20 - Wk6, Legs

Reverse Hyper
90 2x12

Beltsquat
25,50,70,90,115,140,160,180,205,230x10
250,270,295,320x10 PR

Legpress
200,400,490x20

200 total knee bends this session - light weights, but I was wiped out by the end. Back feeling decent.

Did 45 min LISS cycle last night watching Wheels of Fortune on Netflix. If you enjoyed Hot Rod or Talladega Nights, this is a goofy one you’ll probably like too. Laughed a lot!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tried to like belt squatting, but as soon as they turned me loose on the Transformer bar I dropped that bitch quick. Lol.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Watching the Google doc for WSM heat results update yesterday and today has been intense! Finalists are locked in now, which is going down this weekend (Nov 14/15). I honestly think every single one of the 10 finalists this year is a legitimate threat to podium, BUT my expectations for the podium, in no particular order, are Brian Shaw, JF Caron, & Tom Stoltman.

IMG_4096.JPG

Can’t wait to see the outcome!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
These guys are incredible athletes !!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I’ve got Richardson as my dark horse. That kid is stupid strong.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ve got Richardson as my dark horse. That kid is stupid strong.
I am amazed he made the finals his first year at World’s - that is an incredible accomplishment in and of itself. But, your boy can’t win it no matter what now - Hicks tore his bicep on the yoke (I felt that lol) so that leaves Richardson currently in last place of the remaining 9 men:

IMG_4102.JPG

Novikov has a good lead and Caron, Bishop & the little (big) Stoltman are right on his heels, with Pritchett still a possibility. I don’t see Shaw recovering at this point.

Tomorrow will crown a new WSM!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/15/20 - Wk6, 2nd Press
BW 250.6

CGBP
45,95x10
120 4x15

ss w/ Cable Facepulls
60 4x20

Flat DB Bench
50,60,70,80,90,100,110x8
120x4.5

Seated Military
45,95,135x5
165 3x6
175 3x6

Dips
BW 3x15

alt w/ Rear DB Flyes
25x15
30 2x12

Wanted to keep my back supported to give it more rest. Things have been feeling decent and I want to continue that recovery trend. Hoping to try some very light squats soon.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IMG_4103.JPG

And just like that, 24 year old Oleksii from the Ukraine goes from Arnold Amateur Heavyweight Champion to winning WSM within 2 years! One of the smallest guys on the field, and not the absolute strongest, but a very well-rounded strongman with brutal athleticism. Speed kills!

Tom Stoltman in 2nd had a blistering win on the stones, as well as surprising everyone with a powerful win on the logpress, but his grip on the Hercules Hold proved to be his Achilles’ Heel. Caron in 3rd likewise was great throughout, but had a terrible event in the logpress medley. Jerry Pritchett just missed the podium, but a commanding lead over Shaw in points - 4th place is easily the best WSM performance of his life, at 39 years old no less. Brian had a good stone run and keg toss, but he was finishing around 5th almost every event in the finals and 5th place is just what he earned.

Luke Richardson look last (after Graham Hicks had to withdraw after getting injured in the first event of the finals), which wasn’t too much surprise considering he was struggling with a 900lb yoke in recent training, but to make the finals your first year at WSM - even Oleksii couldn’t manage that feat! If he continues this trajectory, he could be the one holding gold next year.

A really exciting WSM stacked to the brim with strong mofos this year; I can’t wait to watch it.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Excellent Report !!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Was kinda hoping to see JFC take it, but he really lost that chance when he bombed the log ladder.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Was kinda hoping to see JFC take it, but he really lost that chance when he bombed the log ladder.
I know the feels! Been watching him so many years kicking ass consistently, and he’s just an awesome lifter to watch. I am happy to see him podium at least. I feel like that’s all the casuals see, and not how many times he has been to the finals or major international comps he has smashed in recent years.

Truthfully, I wasn’t even sure Pritchett would make the finals as often as he’s tore something in recent years, but when he took 1st in his elimination heat I was beyond stoked. He was a big inspiration for me when I watched him squatting years ago.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/16/20 - Wk7, Pulling Accessory
BW 249.6

Bird Dogs
Side Planks

Underhand Pulldown
60,90,120,150x12

V-Grip Chin-ups

Single-Leg Deadlifts
4x6/leg no weight, just working balance

Plate-Loaded Machine Row
35,60/arm x12
80,90x10
105x8
115 2x6

GHR w/ back extension every rep
5x8

alt w/ Widegrip Seated Low Cable Rows
140x15
170x12
190x10
210x8

EZ Bar Preacher Curls
30,40,50,60x12

EZ Bar Reverse Curls
50 2x12

Last night did 45 min on the bike and 4x12 on reverse hyper. Tonight I took a 55 minute hike throughout my neighborhood. You definitely notice the hills more the second half

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Taking a nice walk I find relaxing

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It was cold, windy and dark, but the podcast was a great episode that I had to finish!

50 minutes fasted LISS done on the bike this morning. Bench tomorrow.
Sounds relaxing !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cabergoline was added about a week ago at 0.5mg once every 6-7 days and that definitely was necessary. Exemestane remains at 11mg twice a week, night before shot days with a fatty meal (this increases blood levels) & feels good there. Raloxifene at 60mg nightly, although may wave this back down to 30mg once blood levels have peaked here in about another week. See if we can’t get away with less.

Sunday introduced HCG at 250iu every 3-4 days.

Yesterday bumped S23 to 40mg/day to add a third dose (15/15/10) due to its short half life.

Adding 10mg Cardarine/GW in the mornings beginning tomorrow for metabolic enhancement.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/18/20 - Wk7, Bench
BW 249.6

Cable Facepull, Tri Pressdown, One-Arm Row Circuit
60 3x25/each

CGBP
45,95x10
120 4x15

Bench, 5’s Week
155,185x3
205,235x5
265x7

Incline Bench
135x8
185x5
215x3
235 5x4 PR

Swissbar Rolling Tri Extension
45,65x10
90 2x15

Reverse Hyper
90 4x12

Bumped my warmup circuit by 10lbs/20%, and added the 35% closegrip volume to this day as well, which had me a little fatigued coming into bench. Something in my left pec told me today wasn’t a day to push it so I racked 265 after 7 clean reps. Incline however felt really strong and I did an extra set over last week with 5 more lbs, much easier.

Couple young college guys have been in there working hard every time I see them on this day, so I invited them to do Incline with me since they had just finished bench. I think they really enjoyed it and were very grateful for any tips - felt good to give a little back to the next generation.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice Incline Bench !

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/19/20 - Wk7, Legs

Foam Rolling
Bird Dogs
Fire Hydrants
Hip Stretches
Over & Backs

Frontsquat
45 2x5
95 2x5
95,115x10

10 min treadmill walk

Beltsquat
90,180,270,320,340x8 PR
360x10 PR

GHR
5x10

Frontsquats did not want to let me go to depth at first, but eventually something loosened in my low back and the last sets were the best. This was basically for mobility. Still, SI Joint felt achey after so I took a walk to calm it down, then worked up to 4 plates/side on Beltsquat for the first time. Finished with the most GHR volume I have recently accomplished. 50 min on cycle last night and tonight I will likely do more.

Gym is having to require members to keep their masks on as of today (previously you could take it off while lifting and wear it when moving around the gym). Obviously you cannot train seriously with a mask on (I am gasping between sets without a mask) so I will probably just start training in the garage again except leg day, and keep my mask down when lifting until they throw me out. If my back wasn’t requiring leg machines, I just wouldn’t go, but such is my lot for now.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
After legs Thursday, afternoon cardio was mowing for 75 minutes to empty the mower for the season.

Friday was an off day - fasted cardio on the cycle for 65 minutes in the morning, then another 50 in the evening after my 3rd meal (of 4).

Today weighing 248.8 and beginning with 75 min fasted on the cycle. This is what I have been taking prior to the fasted work:

IMG_4115.JPG

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice. Man, i love your idea of having a stationary bike in the living room. I truly do think id be able to make myself get some liss in if i could sit there and watch the tube with the fiance at night.

You’ve been good about cardio. And for that, I congratulate you. Lol.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice. Man, i love your idea of having a stationary bike in the living room. I truly do think id be able to make myself get some liss in if i could sit there and watch the tube with the fiance at night.

You’ve been good about cardio. And for that, I congratulate you. Lol.
I am basically eating a similar amount of calories as pre-cycle. The hormones will recomp me some, but their biggest benefit is to maintain lean mass and strength in a deficit. So I still need to eat less than my output, and I really don’t want to eat much less than the 4 simple meals I am doing daily.

The cycle is awesome. It’s quiet so it won’t wake my wife if she’s napping, doesn’t take up any appreciable space (and it scissor-folds upright for an even smaller footprint), and I want to watch the tube anyway. So I just get on and peddle and enjoy the show - it’s a lot easier to stay on when you want to finish the episode.

I think it might be helping my low back as well, maybe. Just the extra bloodflow.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ve read Swede saying this, but felt it was a great explanation of why not to pause your benchpress in normal training:

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/21/20 - Wk7, OHP
BW 248.8

Monsterband Facepulls, Tri Pressdown, One-Arm Rows
3x25/each

CGBP
45,95x15
120 4x15

BB Strictpress
45,95x8
120x5
135x3
165,185,210,225x1
175 3x6
180 3x6

Floorpress
225,230,235x8
225x11
+Phoenix
225x16

Finally back in the garage this evening, and getting back to some standing pressing - no back pain. Brick by brick.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Enjoying that burn pre? Always enjoy some added Y-hcl too. Hate alpha yo but can tolerate Hcl pretty good.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Enjoying that burn pre? Always enjoy some added Y-hcl too. Hate alpha yo but can tolerate Hcl pretty good.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Burn at 1.5 scoops adds a lot of great fat loss potentiation! Caffeine, choline, synephrine, theobromine, BAIBA, grains of paradise, some l-Theanine to help smooth it out. I hate all Yohimbine, but not much else is good for hitting that beta-2 adrenergic receptor pathway for fatloss. And the Smurf Juice tastes awesome!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/22/20 - Wk7, Back
BW 248.2

Underhand Pulldowns
55,90,120,160x12
210x6

V-Grip Chin-ups

alt w/ DB Rear Delt Flyes
15x15
25x12
30 2x12

Seated Plate-loaded Row
45x10
70x12
90 2x10
100 2x8

Chest-Supported T-Bar, pronated grip
90 2x12
115 2x12

Widegrip Low Cable Row
170 3x12

Last day of S23, at least for now. Been getting indigestion the last few nights and then appetite starting to drop off (despite training frequency increasing), so not worth it. Last thing I want on a cut is to have trouble eating healthy food due to appetite issues - the only purpose of the hormones is to prevent muscle loss. You know what else does that? Being able to eat food lol.

11/23/20 - Wk8, Legs

Reverse Hyper
90 2x12

Foam Rolling, Fire Hydrants, Over & Backs, Hamstring & Calf mashing, Bird Dogs, Side Planks

Frontsquat
45,95,115,135,155,175,195,215,235x5

Hacksquat
Empty,90,180,270,320,360x10 PR

Leg Extensions
50,100x12
120 3x12

Pumped to get up over 2 plates on fronts and no back issues; my abs were actually getting sore during these! Chin-ups last night probably didn’t help that fatigue any. Used the lousy hacksquat for the real leg work and 4 plates a side was tough but easier than I expected.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great to hear no pain with OHP or fronts. Things are on the up & up.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This morning Am Fasted Cardio, just me and my Radiate !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/25/20 - Wk8, Bench
BW 248.8

Cable Facepull, Tri Pressdown, One-arm Row Circuit
60 3x25/each

Band Pec & Trap stretches

CGBP
45 2x15
95x15
120 4x15

Bench
155,175,195,220,250x3
280x6

Incline Bench
135,185x5
220x2
240 5x4 PR

45,65x12
90 2x18

Ate a little more yesterday (3,100 calories) to prepare for today, & I was pretty strong for it. Never done this kind of volume at these weights on incline. Basically everything is becoming new bests in workload there.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Getting Stronger

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
11/25/20 - Wk8, Bench
BW 248.8

60 3x25/each

CGBP
45 2x15
95x15
120 4x15

Bench
155,175,195,220,250x3
280x6

Incline Bench
135,185x5
220x2
240 5x4 PR

45,65x12
90 2x18

Ate a little more yesterday (3,100 calories) to prepare for today, & I was pretty strong for it. Never done this kind of volume at these weights on incline. Basically everything is becoming new bests in workload there.
whetitgo!!! (y)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/25 - hour on the cycle and a set of reverse hyper in the evening

11/26/20 - Wk8, Deadlift

Agile 8
Bird Dogs, Side Planks
Hamstring & calf rolling

Trapbar deadlift
135x10 hi handles
135x5, 225x19 lo handles

Deadlift
135x10
225 4x6
245 2x6

Fatbar Pulldowns
Overhand
112, 143x12
165 2x12

Underhand
165 3x10

EZbar Preachercurls
27.5,47.5x12
67.5x12,12,8

Returned to deadlifting. Obviously the weights were a joke, but pain free is a great foundation to rebuild from. Wife wanted to do the pulldowns, and I forgot I wanted to hit the GHR.

Gotta go move our kegs today soon, but none heavier than 240 so it should be easy.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i see you are taking cardio seriously....i like!!!

(y)

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Key word: pain free!

Also, is there a way you can do cardio for me? Lol need to get my fat butt doin some cardio before I start resembling a bag of oat meal

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Key word: pain free!

Also, is there a way you can do cardio for me? Lol need to get my fat butt doin some cardio before I start resembling a bag of oat meal
I could tell carrying the 200lb sandbag all the way through the warehouse today that the cardio was probably the only thing keeping me from passing out lol.

Back still feels good after loading/unloading everything, but it sure doesn’t feel like any kind of off-day from training now!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I could tell carrying the 200lb sandbag all the way through the warehouse today that the cardio was probably the only thing keeping me from passing out lol.

Back still feels good after loading/unloading everything, but it sure doesn’t feel like any kind of off-day from training now!
lol...i remember 130lb filipino guys carrying 100lb burlap bags of rice half a mile from jeepney stop down the lane out in the province--in jungle/tropical weather (y)...actually did it myself several times but i was 170lbs-at least 5 weight classes above the fillipinos!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
lol...i remember 130lb filipino guys carrying 100lb burlap bags of rice half a mile from jeepney stop down the lane out in the province--in jungle/tropical weather (y)...actually did it myself several times but i was 170lbs-at least 5 weight classes above the fillipinos!!!
I’d love to see them even lap a 200lb bag, let alone front carry it so far 🤣 Shouldering is not allowed in any competition due to its ease.

Strength/bodyweight is a fallacy only believed by the small, my friend! I only wish that strength were so optimistically linear. A 200lb man does not get twice the organs, twice the joint size, twice the tendon strength or blood volume - this is always a game of diminishing returns.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’d love to see them even lap a 200lb bag, let alone front carry it so far 🤣 Shouldering is not allowed in any competition due to its ease.

Strength/bodyweight is a fallacy only believed by the small, my friend! I only wish that strength were so optimistically linear. A 200lb man does not get twice the organs, twice the joint size, twice the tendon strength or blood volume - this is always a game of diminishing returns.
lol, unless you are a ant, those little f'ers are impressive as all get out!!!! :)

only messing with you, nothing but respect!!!(y)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
225X19 - That's Cardio - Impressive !!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
11/25/20 - Wk8, Bench
BW 248.8

60 3x25/each

CGBP
45 2x15
95x15
120 4x15

Bench
155,175,195,220,250x3
280x6

Incline Bench
135,185x5
220x2
240 5x4 PR

45,65x12
90 2x18

Beast!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
11/25 - hour on the cycle and a set of reverse hyper in the evening

11/26/20 - Wk8, Deadlift

Agile 8
Bird Dogs, Side Planks
Hamstring & calf rolling

Trapbar deadlift
135x10 hi handles
135x5, 225x19 lo handles

Deadlift
135x10
225 4x6
245 2x6

Fatbar Pulldowns
Overhand
112, 143x12
165 2x12

Underhand
165 3x10

EZbar Preachercurls
27.5,47.5x12
67.5x12,12,8

Returned to deadlifting. Obviously the weights were a joke, but pain free is a great foundation to rebuild from. Wife wanted to do the pulldowns, and I forgot I wanted to hit the GHR.

Gotta go move our kegs today soon, but none heavier than 240 so it should be easy.
I’ll scroll through log when I got a min. Injury?