Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ll scroll through log when I got a min. Injury?
Hey bro! Glad to see you.

Kinda? Had started training Logpress and I think it was jiggering my back some, then one day deadlifting it just started hurting enough that I had to stop pulling for like a month; just did some leg machines. This week I came back to some 2 plates frontsquats and pulls & feeling good.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
11/29/20 - Wk8, OHP
BW 248.8

Monster Miniband Facepulls, Tri Pressdown, One-Arm Rows
3x25/each

Axle CGBP
45,95x15
120 4x15

Axle Strictpress
45x10
95,120x5
145,165x3
185 6x6

Floorpress
235,240,245,250x8

Perfect Push-up
2x20

View attachment 199872

Do you use a thumb over grip with that beast of a bar?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/30/20 - Wk9, Squat

Roll hamstrings, calves, it bands, adductors, quads
Bird Dogs
Hip Stretches
Bodyweight squats
Fire Hydrants, fwd & back

GHR
2x8

Frontsquat, beltless
45 2x5
95,135x5
185,215,245x6

GHR
4x10

Pulled something a little in my right QL or Oblique or outer low back area on rep 4 of 245. Finished the set without increasing pain but then it came on obviously pretty immediately after racking. Kind of at a loss. I was well hydrated, I was warm, I really took time with mobility & movement prep, and squats felt like really quality movement. And this is light weight, so idk.

Some days you’re the hammer - some days you’re the nail!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad it’s nothing serious! Home gym looks like it is coming along nicely as well

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad it’s nothing serious! Home gym looks like it is coming along nicely as well
We’ll see. Fixed a pulled hamstring that derailed me in September. Then my back flared up a month ago, which I have settled down. Now trying to return to light squats and deads and this **** pulls.

Feels like I just cannot catch a break at all.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bruh, this resonates in my soul.

You know what to do however. I’m sure you’ll be back on track in due time my friend!
Yeah I sure don’t need to whine to you about anything! Thank you for your encouragement. I have to remember it’s never a straight path forward; this thread is titled the Odyssey for a reason: it took Odysseus 17 years to get where he wanted to be!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
After 13 days of GW at 10mg, I will be rotating off that onto Clen starting at 40mcg. I will use the Hypernova to take it transdermally when convenient and orally when not.

Cardio has not been happening the last few days. There were so many chores, errands, family time, driving, decorating that the 4 day weekend honestly was just a big stressor - it was tough just to recover from training. Which obviously didn’t happen actually, based on today’s mishap.

My upper body did look really full after pressing last night; I can definitely see substantial growth there in only a month.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Back on the cardio wagon as of last night: 60 min after last meal, and 100 minutes fasted this morning. That’s a best on the cycle

What all are you taking currently?
Entering week 5 of 400mg dien e, 200mg test e per wk.

Used S23 at 30-40mg for the first 3.5wks.

10mg GW the last 2 weeks, but rotating to 40mcg Clen now.

0.5mg Cabergoline e5-6 days, 11mg Exemestane & 250iu HCG twice a week, 30mg Raloxifene nightly

Carditone, Lipid by Revive, Astragalus, NAC, TUDCA, pomegranate, grape seed, pine bark, Coq10, curcumin, Nattokinase, fish oil, Berberine, k2, D3, chromium, selenium, magnesium, biotin, occasional pulses of vitamins a/c/e/b complex/zinc/copper

#polypharmacy

Such a great song
It really is. Pacing around the cold garage in my sweats with the earbuds pummeling, building energy for the next set. A cathartic expression of parts of the self that have been fragmented and compartmentalized.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lookin like a tasty cycle! I will assume you have a comp of some sort lined up in the near future as well?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lookin like a tasty cycle! I will assume you have a comp of some sort lined up in the near future as well?
Negative; I have a baby coming in less than 2 months. Which is just as well as I have lost all traction on every lift but pressing it seems with all of the recent setbacks. Mainly working on the composition and trying to shed some bodyfat. I haven’t lost any weight, but I am bigger and leaner and still 248.8 so recomping at least so far.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Negative; I have a baby coming in less than 2 months. Which is just as well as I have lost all traction on every lift but pressing it seems with all of the recent setbacks. Mainly working on the composition and trying to shed some bodyfat. I haven’t lost any weight, but I am bigger and leaner and still 248.8 so recomping at least so far.
congratulations on both the baby and the recomp!!! (y)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Back on the cardio wagon as of last night: 60 min after last meal, and 100 minutes fasted this morning. That’s a best on the cycle

Entering week 5 of 400mg dien e, 200mg test e per wk.

Used S23 at 30-40mg for the first 3.5wks.

10mg GW the last 2 weeks, but rotating to 40mcg Clen now.

0.5mg Cabergoline e5-6 days, 11mg Exemestane & 250iu HCG twice a week, 30mg Raloxifene nightly

Carditone, Lipid by Revive, Astragalus, NAC, TUDCA, pomegranate, grape seed, pine bark, Coq10, curcumin, Nattokinase, fish oil, Berberine, k2, D3, chromium, selenium, magnesium, biotin, occasional pulses of vitamins a/c/e/b complex/zinc/copper

#polypharmacy

It really is. Pacing around the cold garage in my sweats with the earbuds pummeling, building energy for the next set. A cathartic expression of parts of the self that have been fragmented and compartmentalized.

I need to hang with you!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12/2/20 - Wk9, Bench

Cable Facepulls, Tri Pressdown, One-arm Rows
60 3x25/each

CGBP
45,95x15
120 4x15

Bench
155,185,215,235x5
265x3
295x1, 4

Incline Bench
135x5
185x3
225x2
245 6x3 PR

Swissbar Rolling Tri Extension
45,65x12
90 2x20

Finished the third 5/3/1 wave on bench in a row & have continued to hit new bests on incline work. Between that and the pulled QL, it’s time for a full deload. Back was spasming due to the dysfunctional QL, so all pressing was basically just muscles and no technique or proper setup. Which means I am continuing to get stronger by the week.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Stronger is Gooder !!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Congrats on an incoming stronk baby! Those recomp numbers look swell and swole as well. Glad everything is going good for you my man, in this year of our lord, twenty twenty. Now, time for a real question:
What is youngest age one can compete?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on an incoming stronk baby! Those recomp numbers look swell and swole as well. Glad everything is going good for you my man, in this year of our lord, twenty twenty. Now, time for a real question:
What is youngest age one can compete?
When one has the strength to lift the barbell, of course

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12/3/20 - Muscle schtuff

Underhand Pulldowns
77,121,143,187,209x10
231x6

V-Grip Chin-ups

alt w/ Seated Hamstring Curls
50,80,100,120,130,140x12

Plate-loaded Neutral Grip Row
55/side x20
70 3x12

alt w/ Leg Extensions
70,100,120,130,140,150x12

Chest-supported Prone Grip Tbar Row
115x15
135x12
145x10

Ez Bar Preacher Curls
37.5,57.5x12
67.5x10,8

Ez Bar Curls
67.5 2x10
72.5x10

Ez Bar Reverse Curls
50x15,12

Back, bis, a couple leg accessories I would have done Monday. All the weights felt a bit lighter than previous weeks. I was told today I have big biceps

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A complement goes a long way ..... motivation for sure !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
246.0 this morning! Finally another dip in weight, down 3lbs in 5 weeks.

Yesterday was busy: sonogram first thing, work, haircut, work, then drove to see the in-laws. We grilled dinner for them & all watched the first heat of World’s Strongest Man. Only managed 17 minutes of cardio.

This morning, hit 2hrs & 3 min (a new best) on the cycle fasted to pick up the slack - will fast 20 hours before eating.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2 hours of cycling straight? Jesus man. Are you okay?

Sonogram, cool

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That is some serious cardio / torcher !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2 hours of cycling straight? Jesus man. Are you okay?

Sonogram, cool
Very cool! Baby is head down now and healthy at 34 weeks.

Well when you can’t squat, pull, load or carry anything, or press standing while this QL heals...might as well be less fat!

How did I not know about this log
Welcome to the **** show Just logging my training journey.

That is some serious cardio / torcher !!
Working on another 40 minutes fasted now, then deload shoulders tonight.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Very cool! Baby is head down now and healthy at 34 weeks.

Well when you can’t squat, pull, load or carry anything, or press standing while this QL heals...might as well be less fat!
Y’all are nearing the finish line! Exciting stuff bro.

And...I guesss you have a point. Still sounds horrible though.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12/6/20 - Deload OHP
BW 246.6

Monster Miniband Pullaparts, Tri Pressdown, One-arm Rows
3x25/each

CGBP
45,95x15
120 4x15

Very High Incline Press
45x10
95x8
115x6
135 4x5

Floorpress
185 3x12

Reverse Hyper
90 2x12

Perfect Push-up
2x20

Easy quick session; kept OHP & Floorpress around 55-60% to give all the connective tissue a week to catch back up. Tried out reverse hypers and no issue with the QL, so I will hit more tomorrow to start speeding up healing with extra posterior bloodflow.

Beginning wk6 of cycle & bumping Dienelone E from 400 to 500mg/wk so I will run out after 9 weeks. I’d like to give it an extra week to clear for PCT vs test since it’s a 19-Nor. Testosterone E remains at 200mg/wk. No sides to speak of beyond slowly worsening acid reflux. It got better after dropping S23 around wk 4 but has since started creeping back up.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday would have been deload legs, but had to work from 8 til 9 straight unexpectedly, so no way to hit the gym, and forgot cardio or to even apply my Hyper-Clen!

Got an hour fasted in today and will hit the gym tonight to make it up.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12/8/20 - Legs

Roll & Mash, Mountain Climbers, Fire Hydrants, Bird Dogs, Side Planks, Hip Stretches

KB Goblet Squat
12,20,28,32kg x10

GHR
3x10

Legpress
200,400,580,760x10
940x10 - drop to 490x10 - rest 20 sec - 490x10 PR

Seated Calves
90 3x10

Worked up to a lifetime best of one top set of just over 10 plates/side on legpress, then a drop & rest pause immediately after with half the weight. Not exactly the hardest session of my life, but a good day.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I may have missed something here, but what is Hyper-Clen ?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Believe it’s evomuse hypernova and RC Clen mixed as a topical.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
http://instagr.am/p/CIcbSwPIyOE/
Thought you might enjoy. New wr raw
Thank you! I saw an edit the other day but it chopped out too much - here you can see the full bench. Very legit. Petras is a titan.

I may have missed something here, but what is Hyper-Clen ?
Bingo. On that note, this time I have showered directly prior to every application and have had zero rash/irritation so far. Last time when that happened I was only showering once a day, so every other application wasn’t on clean skin. Guess you just have to follow the directions

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12/9/20 - Bench Deload

60 3x25/each

CGBP
45,95x15
120 4x15

Bench
140,165,190x5

Incline Bench
115x8
185 4x8

Swissbar Rolling Tri 1 set, next set JM Press
95x10 each

Easy bench deload, but time to rotate out the rolling Tri extensions - even with a big volume wave back, every rep of every set was hurting my right tricep tendon where it anchors at the elbow. Finished with JM Presses to the chin which kept things happier.

My wife’s training partner weighs ~165 and benched 150 touch n go today, & pressed 155 with fingers on the bar to help! She has made some great progress the last couple months with us. That was exciting.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
12/9/20 - Bench Deload

60 3x25/each

CGBP
45,95x15
120 4x15

Bench
140,165,190x5

Incline Bench
115x8
185 4x8

Swissbar Rolling Tri 1 set, next set JM Press
95x10 each

Easy bench deload, but time to rotate out the rolling Tri extensions - even with a big volume wave back, every rep of every set was hurting my right tricep tendon where it anchors at the elbow. Finished with JM Presses to the chin which kept things happier.

My wife’s training partner weighs ~165 and benched 150 touch n go today, & pressed 155 with fingers on the bar to help! She has made some great progress the last couple months with us. That was exciting.
About a half hour ago I finished almost the same routine haha, I threw in some Viking press because a felt good on this push day. I don’t really mind but my incline is more than my flat. Hit 295x3!
Just got caught up on this. Congratulations on you having a baby strongman/woman very soon!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
About a half hour ago I finished almost the same routine haha, I threw in some Viking press because a felt good on this push day. I don’t really mind but my incline is more than my flat. Hit 295x3!
Just got caught up on this. Congratulations on you having a baby strongman/woman very soon!
Thank you brother! My son should be here in about 6 weeks, give or take.

If your incline is that strong, I bet there’s some technical improvements to your flat you could make to get it on par or greater honestly, unless it’s an injury thing (or you just don’t train it). You can PM me if you ever want a second set of eyes to analyze your setup from the side.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you brother! My son should be here in about 6 weeks, give or take.

If your incline is that strong, I bet there’s some technical improvements to your flat you could make to get it on par or greater honestly, unless it’s an injury thing (or you just don’t train it). You can PM me if you ever want a second set of eyes to analyze your setup from the side.
Thanks dude I appreciate that. 6 weeks is right around the corner, that’s exciting as hell!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you! - Does it work better or different than just clen ?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not gonna quote the whole post but im with you on the rolling tris. My L tri tendon cant handle them. You plan on straight subbing JMs in for them next block? Ive been trying to figure out something to sub in for them that works the long head like the rolling tris do and havent really come up with much other than ohd tri ext “with english” or JMs.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you! - Does it work better or different than just clen ?
I’d like to hear about this as well
So the idea is the Clen is predominantly delivered locally vs systemic, which can help target more stubborn fat but perhaps more importantly limit heart rate increase.

I haven’t used it enough to know if it really works better than oral, but I can say that it seems to be working and I can absolutely say there is minimal bp increase. My bp on Clen normally is outrageous. This you don’t really feel.

DPS has both Hypernova and some other Evomuse topical fat burners, some of which have twist off tops so you could pour a measured amount of Clen into the whole bottle and shake up if you always wanted X dose. But I prefer to adjust the dose myself as I go and just mix each application with the Clen in my palm before applying.

Not gonna quote the whole post but im with you on the rolling tris. My L tri tendon cant handle them. You plan on straight subbing JMs in for them next block? Ive been trying to figure out something to sub in for them that works the long head like the rolling tris do and havent really come up with much other than ohd tri ext “with english” or JMs.
It kinda caught me off guard, it had been hurting some the last week or two on them but this week it was truly obvious I need to change it so I made a move on the fly. And my wife pointed out I’ve done 10 weeks with them now. I need to think on a suitable replacement. Dips could work but they might eat my shoulders or pecs up. And JMs might not let my tricep get much of a break.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
DPS has both Hypernova and some other Evomuse topical fat burners, some of which have twist off tops so you could pour a measured amount of Clen into the whole bottle and shake up if you always wanted X dose. But I prefer to adjust the dose myself as I go and just mix each application with the Clen in my palm before applying.
Do you have raws or do you use liquid from an rc site?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So the idea is the Clen is predominantly delivered locally vs systemic, which can help target more stubborn fat but perhaps more importantly limit heart rate increase.

I haven’t used it enough to know if it really works better than oral, but I can say that it seems to be working and I can absolutely say there is minimal bp increase. My bp on Clen normally is outrageous. This you don’t really feel.

It kinda caught me off guard, it had been hurting some the last week or two on them but this week it was truly obvious I need to change it so I made a move on the fly. And my wife pointed out I’ve done 10 weeks with them now. I need to think on a suitable replacement. Dips could work but they might eat my shoulders or pecs up. And JMs might not let my tricep get much of a break.
So you feel my struggle. Ive contemplated JMs but never bit cuz I felt the same as what you just said. Theres really not a great alternative that hits them similarly without that stress on the tendon. Which is why i keep thinking im just gonna go with the closest thing which has to be a quasi “rolling” ohd tri rope extensions.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do you have raws or do you use liquid from an rc site?
RC Liquid. Clen is the cheapest RC there is and super easy to measure in liquid with an oral syringe. Not trying to weigh out 60mcg every day vs a $20 bottle for a 2-3year supply.

So you feel my struggle. Ive contemplated JMs but never bit cuz I felt the same as what you just said. Theres really not a great alternative that hits them similarly without that stress on the tendon. Which is why i keep thinking im just gonna go with the closest thing which has to be a quasi “rolling” ohd tri rope extensions.
I mean whatever you can do that helps build muscles needed for the lift overall is more helpful than the most specific movement that can’t be reliably executed. This is why we don’t just do 20 sets of bench, and these IPF heroes are all kids that come & go in 3 years after 3x/wk frequency eats them alive.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
RC Liquid. Clen is the cheapest RC there is and super easy to measure in liquid with an oral syringe. Not trying to weigh out 60mcg every day vs a $20 bottle for a 2-3year supply.

I mean whatever you can do that helps build muscles needed for the lift overall is more helpful than the most specific movement that can’t be reliably executed. This is why we don’t just do 20 sets of bench, and these IPF heroes are all kids that come & go in 3 years after 3x/wk frequency eats them alive.
Oh, that sounds like me when i had respectable #s a few yrs ago? i feel ya bro. Yah, you right, you right. I have always had decent tris and moderate intensity rope pushdowns were always my main accessory so ill just let it ride.