72x10
112x5
142,152x10
162x8
172x7
182x5

JM Press
95,115,125x10

Starting to get the log back; working on some reps to build stamina with the log in my chest. Numbers aren’t so bad when I remember it’s the woman’s smaller log. New Cerberus deadlift belt was perfect for log!Ran out of time, but will try to squeeze in some light db accessories tonight at home. Honestly, coaching the wife for Strongest Woman in the World last few weeks has been taking the lion’s share of my focus in training. She is really kicking ass!

Today is 9 weeks on cycle. M1A ended Monday, added 30mg of S23 divided in its place while I finish up the last few scoops of the Excalibur SARM powder this week. Thought about staying on another 15 days and pushing my body with something like Sdrol (I feel in remarkablly good health with no sides to speak of) but there’s absolutely no point. I have my base back, & it’s only safe to get so strong so fast.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Forgot I had the day off today! Bonus! Got into the gym for my accessories from yesterday while the wife did cardio.

Incline NG DB Press
20x25
30,40,50,60,70,80x8
90x12
45x20
40x25

Swede Pullaparts
Minibands 3x35

Light Band Tri Pressdown
100 total reps/arm

DB Curls
5x25
10x20
15 3x15

Laterals
20,25x15

Enjoy the day and be safe!!!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Variation of the Swede volume day, nice! Those high rep NG presses can be painful in a good way.

Enjoy your America Day brotha.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Variation of the Swede volume day, nice! Those high rep NG presses can be painful in a good way.

Enjoy your America Day brotha.
Yeah got the muscles flexin’ and a good flushing pump.

It was a great day. Lots of good food, in laws bought me a cake and a badass double-insulated 1/2 gallon canteen for my birthday this Sunday to boot!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
7/5/19 - Day 65

Dynamic Frontsquat
vs 70 chain
45x5
95,135x3
205x2
240 5x5

Dynamic Deadlift
135,225,315x3
385 4x2 hook, 2x2 straps

1” Deficit
365 3x6

KB Pullovers
44x25
62 2x20

Planks
1 min x3 rounds

Man, for a light day these weights sure felt heavy! Right lat felt achey & I was gassed after deads, so just did some pullovers to flush some blood. Wish I had more time and energy to do some accessories, but my goose was cooked.

My new Cerberus deadlift socks were pretty awesome though, so I had that going for me

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah got the muscles flexin’ and a good flushing pump.

It was a great day. Lots of good food, in laws bought me a cake and a badass double-insulated 1/2 gallon canteen for my birthday this Sunday to boot!
Awesome! Happy bday if i dont get back on here before then. Those canteens are sweet - i got myself an Orca one a while back and love it. Throw some ice cubes in there and water is ice cold for hours and hours.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
07/06/19 - Day 66

Bench
vs doubled minibands
45,95x5
135 6-7x3
185x3
215,230x1

Went in to coach the bench for a training partner and did a little practice myself, but I am heading down to STL for my birthday tomorrow to train with Chad in the morning and I know he wants to do some pressing so I am staying fresh for an event day! Should be a good time.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm probably not online tomorrow:

Happy birthday!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
7/7/19 - Day 67

Logpress (12” Pitbull)
90,140x5
150,160x3
180x2
200,220,230,240x1
250 MISS

Farmers Hold
250/hand 53 seconds

3x10 GHR, TRX Rows, Push-ups

A few light carries, ~175 husa & kegs

Didn’t expect to be pressing over bodyweight so soon, but a nice impromptu birthday max! Great day, only wish we had had more time but had to leave friends to be able to visit family. A good but exhausting day.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Today, the 8th, begins PCT, although the last 5-6 days were so mild I already feel off. Not really thrilled about it - honestly I am ready to be stepping on the gas pedal if anything, but I need to come off. Re-sensitize my HPTA & nuts, let my lipids get better, and probably give my first oil run a go in 2-3 months.

I just now feel like I am getting back to my base, so to get any weaker or body composition to worsen sounds almost unbearable. Going to have to suck it up and focus on improving my work capacity. It’s just terrible at the moment and I’m not even in shape to train.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Who starts PCT the day after their birthday? Isn't that the time to reward yourself with extra secret sauce??

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Who starts PCT the day after their birthday? Isn't that the time to reward yourself with extra secret sauce??
Lol I don’t want to force myself to need TRT never even having pinned. Gonna recover so I can give that a real go soon enough.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't see anything in that pic, a huge building is in the way. :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
7/10/19 - Day 3 of PCT
BW 229.0

Squat
45 2x5
135,225x5
275x3
325 3x3
350x5

BB Strictpress
135x5,8
155,170x6
185x4

Pushjerk (if you could call it that)
190 2x5

JM Press
95,115x8
135 4x8

GHR ss w/ TRX Fatman Rows
4x12 each

Good day, woke up with sore throat and sinuses seem bleh, hopefully it gets better. Got some technical squat work in to make up for Monday but didn’t push it so I could save energy for pressing. Triceps getting stronger.

In case anyone’s intraworkout game is lacking...

IMG_2503.JPG

2 scoops each collagen, carbs, EAAs, 1 each creatine/ergogen blend & 1/4tsp of the salt/potassium blend in ~64oz water.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also, on recovery - just got this in, found it on BOGO at A1supplements & every single review was overwhelmingly positive, so I went for it.

IMG_2502.JPG

Man, I am so glad I did!!!

Years back Finaflex had an incredible product, G8, that I was given a tub to log and became a repeat customer right up until they had to discontinue it. Stuff would relax you for bed some, but more importantly it would really help staying asleep/getting back to sleep if you did wake to pee. Climb back into bed and boom - back to dreamland. It would last all night and easily let you sleep 2-3 hours later if you had the time to invest. It would always be so hard to get up in the morning - you just wanted to snooze forever! I would only treat myself to it once or twice a week when I had time to sleep in extra, but it always made such a big difference in recovery, & the lemon taste was incredible!

Fast forward to now, and it’s like Insane Labz recreated it perfectly, but improved. Same incredible lemonade taste, same sleepytime feel when I woke to pee calling me back to bed, incredibly relaxing and enjoyable sleep. But what was noticeably better was the GABA didn’t hit too hard and I only got 6 hours but felt completely rested. I wanted to keep sleeping of course, but once going I feel so fresh today.

TLDR - buy this stuff to help get some higher quality sleep and extra recovery a few times a week.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Took the Nightmare again last night, still 2/3 dose - slept over 11 hours and feeling incredibly recharged (if a little groggy)!

Travis Mash had said in a podcast that when he was squatting 1,000lbs+ in multiply and at the top of the game (he’s been an ATWR holder) he was sleeping 10+ hours a night, not counting napping - this was the only way to recover from lifting such colossal weights. And he said any of his weightlifters & athletes he now coaches, he tells them if you aren’t sleeping 9 hours a day you are leaving performance on the table.

Maybe, he was onto something...

BW 225.8lbs

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe I had a reformulation towards end of life. But either way, this tastes incredibly good. Like I would just drink this like crystal light.
I logged it upon release, so it may have been improved.

I don't usually have problems sleeping, but maybe I'll order some for Bev.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I logged it upon release, so it may have been improved.

I don't usually have problems sleeping, but maybe I'll order some for Bev.
I definitely don’t, but this will flat out let me sleep extra. And that adds up in well-being and training progress. 1-2x a week when there’s time is a nice boost and tub lasts forever. And she will probably get plenty from just a half scoop - 2/3 has my 100kg ass deep in dreamland.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
7/12/19 - Day 5 of PCT

Dynamic Frontsquat
vs 100 chain
45,95,145x3
205 5x5

Deadlift on powerbar
Hookgrip
135x5
225x4
315x2
405x1
445x4
+straps
445x6

4” Blockpulls
475 2x3

1” Deficit
415x8,9

Chins

GHR
2x20

Man what a good session. Everyone was on today and smashing great numbers for themselves. I can’t believe how strong I felt compared to last week’s speed day - I can only assume taking a heavy squat single the previous Monday took it out of me, and I did get all that sleep the last few days. I mean 415x9 deficit felt easier than 365x6 or whatever last week, considerably!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
7/13/19 - Day 6
BW 225.8

Bench
45x5
95,135,185x3
225x2
255,285,305,320x1
260x2,4,5,4

CGBP
240x5,4,4

Chest-Supported Row
45,90,135,160x12
170x10
180x6

DB Laterals
25x15
30x12,10

Swede Pullaparts
Minibands 3x35

ss Miniband Tri Extensions
3x35

Feeling yesterday! Worked up to 320 touch ‘n go, just to confirm that’s where I’m at as a training max. Never been so strong on bench off cycle on just a random day with no special preparation. So the new technique I’ve been working and upper body volume work I did on cycle are paying off!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Slept just over 12 hours last night. Weight this morning after a big glass of water & huge movement was 223.6 Better eat some more!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
7/15/19 - Day 8 of PCT
BW 229.0

GHR & TRX Fatman Rows
2x12 each

Squat
45 2x5
135,225x5
295x3
345x2
380 4x2
+triple ply sleeves
380x11

Legpress
200,400,490,580x20

Only thing to say about those triple-ply knee sleeves: Yeah Buddy!!! Really got some pop out of the hole with them, surprised how easy this weight felt today even on the warmups. Heavy deadlifts this Friday so I wanted to ease up a little on the 5th Set squat, thus the extra support.

Week 2 of PCT and feeling good. Focusing on eating to keep my weight up around mid 220s ideally so my strength won’t falter.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Post Cycle Triumphs. Killin it man
Thank you! I am determined to get bigger and stronger to the best of my ability.

On that note, added 10mg Mk677 nightly starting last night. I am confident now the elevated blood sugar will go back down upon cessation, so I will use it to help retain mass while off cycle.

Slept 9.5 hours last night.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
7/17/19 - Day 10

Sled push down 100ft
Jog back
Sandbag carry down to sled
Backwards loaded sled drag
135 bag, then a run w/ 170 bag

170 Sandbag carry down & back

Dynamic Axle Push Jerk from rack
95,115x5
135 3x3
155x3

10” Log Strictpress
122x10
142,157,167x8
172x7

JM Press
95,135,140,145x8

DB Rear Delt Flyes
15 2x25

DB Curls
15x15,15,20

Getting some moving, carrying, and a bit of conditioning in before pressing; trying to begin touching strongman stuff again. Felt good to move around, and the log was feeling very strong.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
7/19/19 - Day 12

3x12/15 each

Dynamic Frontsquat
vs 100 chain
225 5x5

Deadlift, powerbar & hookgrip
135,225x3
315,385,435x1
465,475,495x2
+straps, torn callus
505x2

Deficit Deadlift
455,465x5

GHR
vs miniband
3x10, 1x15

ss w Planks
2x80 sec, 1x120 sec

IMG_2534.JPG

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Maybe I had a reformulation towards end of life. But either way, this tastes incredibly good. Like I would just drink this like crystal light.
Yes this was back when i repped for them I believe. There was indeed a reformulation that tasted much better, at the end. It also was not quite as strong. My guess is that the offending flavor was also part of what was making it so strong in the 1st place the OG stuff tasted bad but anything over 1/2 scoop would make it almost impossible to get out of bed. The 2nd version was about 2/3 of a scoop was hard to get out of bed but much more manageable. I would literally feel drugged for a few hours in the morning from the OG version.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
PS: Looking great @Hyde!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Happy to see you getting back into some fun training buddy. Btw, your strict log is pretty legit for your bw. By that i mean it should definitely put you close to a bw press. How much additional poundage are you good for with the added leg dip/drive on a push?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
PS: Looking great @Hyde!
Thank you! A bit fatter now, weighing I think 226-227 and off cycle for 2 weeks, but just eating for performance and to maintain muscle. Lots of beef and rice, some spinach, peppers, carrots, oranges, a couple dairy meals of protein shakes, cottage cheese, and/or Greek yogurt, and some junk. Probably at least 3,500 calories per day.

Honestly I feel every bit as strong now as about 4 weeks ago; I’ve never felt so strong in a PCT. I assume it’s because I’m reclaiming neurological conditioning and maintaining leverage.

Happy to see you getting back into some fun training buddy. Btw, your strict log is pretty legit for your bw. By that i mean it should definitely put you close to a bw press. How much additional poundage are you good for with the added leg dip/drive on a push?
Carries a 180 stone last night no problem so that was nice. Moving some light kegs. Finally starting to wake things up.

I hit 240 and missed 250 a couple weekends ago, just working up on a whim.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you are progressing perfectly!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
7/20/19 - Day 13

Bench
45,95,135x5
185,225x3
245x2
265 4x2, 1x6

Pec Deck
100,140x2

Machine Row
200x20
260x8

Right tricep tendon was hurting warming up for bench so put the sleeves on and kept the AMRAP a little conservative. Then it basically told me I was done, couldn’t do floorpress with 135 even. THEN my LEFT tendons/forearm started freaking out on the rows and flies, it was the weirdest most random thing but it hurt so bad actively I had to stop training anything that used my arms.

Very unexpected and no idea what prompted this, but I think I need to completely drop the small amount of aromasin I am using and let estrogen heighten, & back off this week.

7/22/19 - Day 15 of PCT
BW 227.0

3x12/15 each

Squat
45x8
135x5
225,295x3
345x2
385 4x2, 1x10

Legpress
400,490,580,670x15
760x20

BB Curls
20,30,40,45x15

Today I was really on. Was going to do 15 reps on the 8-plate set of legpress but Rage Against the Machine had me hyped at the perfect time so I smashed a brutal set of 20.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pushing those leg press sounds like fun!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pushing those leg press sounds like fun!
Generally something always hurts on them, but they seem to have a good effect on my leg size and power so I try to incorporate them periodically for a wave. Today there was a spot at the top of my right quad that felt like it might pop, but I just kept pressure on it with my thumb and you basically can’t even feel it

Last week one of my hip flexors started screaming on the last set. That’s how I knew it was the last set lol

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol, man...hate leg presses. How are the tendons feeling from Saturday?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol, man...hate leg presses. How are the tendons feeling from Saturday?
They suck, but they definitely pay off. I think they work better with higher reps as far as cost/reward. Although Paul Carter has talked about paused legpresses in deadlift stance with very moderate weights for sets of 8 being great for his power off the floor pulling conventional.

They’re still bleh, but I will just see what Wednesday feels like. May just keep it the pressing to dynamic and try to focus on accessories or some moving events. Every day in the gym is a good day!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been growing more and more fond of the leg presses, personally. I usually try to incorporate some type of intensity technique that keeps the weight lower, though.

I'm also small and weak, so there is that.

They also seem to help my knees feel better too. Not sure why that is.

Keep an eye on that tendon **** bud, don't want to see another injury in here. Hopefully, it's just the anti-estrogen.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, leg presses have honestly been my bread and butter go to for leg growth. When I squat, I get stronger at squat, but for growth at least for me leg press is and always has been king of the leg lifts.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Keep an eye on that tendon **** bud, don't want to see another injury in here. Hopefully, it's just the anti-estrogen.
No doubt, that is definitely the very top of my priority list. Things feel better today than yesterday so hopefully I will be able to use my elbows normally tomorrow morning!

Thighs are feeling yesterday’s leg work!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
7/24/19 - Day 17
BW 229

Behind-the-Neck Pushjerk
Warmups
175,195,205,215,225x1
235 MISS

Pushjerk
235x1
250 MISS
185 4x2, 1x10

Strictpress
145,150,155x8

DB Laterals
10 2x20
20,25x15
30x12

Alt DB Curls
10 2x15
15,20,25x15

DB Rear Delt Raises
10 2x20
20 2x15

Hammercurl
30x15

Overhead Cable Tri Ext (fat V-bar attach)
100x30,25,20,15,15

Arms still a little wonky but no pain in session. Avoided rowing & JM pressing to let the tendons rest. Missed a lifetime PR of 250 but really botched the technique - great knowing I can take 235 at least. And 185x10 may be a rep PR, and it was much better practice getting some double dip in actually. Also great to curl 25s again!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like a nice session!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sure was! Glad I got to train my strength and get some muscle work in without issue.

Slept 11.5 hours thanks to my sleepy-time lemonade - so much so I slept right through my alarm and woke up late for work! So today is some impromptu intermittent fasting, which is good because I am getting fat. Feeling recovered.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sure was! Glad I got to train my strength and get some muscle work in without issue.

Slept 11.5 hours thanks to my sleepy-time lemonade - so much so I slept right through my alarm and woke up late for work! So today is some impromptu intermittent fasting, which is good because I am getting fat. Feeling recovered.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow, 11.5 hours... I had a couple times of sleeping through with the old G8 too. I think one time I slept 14 hours and I hadn't even been missing sleep at the time just wasn't a work day so no alarm, I was shocked when I woke up...