Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Winnivar solution was finished Sunday. 3AD bumped to 100mg today. Bodyweight was 221.4lbs.

I don’t really see a reason to lose weight at this point. Not trying to get fat, but there’s no good reason to go back down in weight really right now. At some point I can do a mini cut as bodyfat creeps up but things are fine right now.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
06/12/2019 - Day 42
BW 221.6

Warmup

Bench
45,45,95,145,185x5
225x2

+Yellow Slingshot & Elbow Sleeves
360 PR

Raw
235 4x5

What a great morning! Moving into a deload with going to watch the finals of WSM this weekend at the beach in Bradenton. No reason for maxing out in a slingshot other than the desire to lift heavy - 340 started to slow down some but the wife pushed me to take the PR.

Haven’t used ammonia in a hot minute but boy did it fire up the ol’ fight or flight! My slingshot is also blowing out at a seam, so I am going to have to trash it - glad it’s last lift was a win

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Enjoy your trip, man! If youre in the mood to fck your diet with some bomb fish and chips, there's a restaurant in Davenport (I can't remember exactly how far that is from Bradenton) called "Sunday's Grill". The "Big Ben" portion holds a special place in my heart.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Enjoy your trip, man! If youre in the mood to fck your diet with some bomb fish and chips, there's a restaurant in Davenport (I can't remember exactly how far that is from Bradenton) called "Sunday's Grill". The "Big Ben" portion holds a special place in my heart.
Sounds bomb! I don’t really have a diet at this point lol. The only staples have been 1lb 93/7 beef, a can of beans, and 1-2 slices of cake daily. Everything else is whatever to get over 200g protein and eat at least 4-5 times. Calories always over 3,000.

Apparently there’s a place at our beach with bomb all you can eat pancakes!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sounds similar to my diet in terms of it being a free for all trying to make "healthy food choices" but just shooting for macro and calorie goals although i do fall short of 3k occasionally (also my goal to hit daily). If only people realized "diets" dont need to be anywhere near as complicated or stressful as people make them.

All you can eat pancakes...fuqqqqqqq.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
06/13/2019 - Day 43
BW 220.8

Farmers Walk ~85ft
110,160 down & back
180x3 down

BB Strictpress
45,65x10
85,105x5
125 3x5

Deadlift
135,225x5
275 3x5

JM Press
95 3x8

Pull-ups
4x5

Hyperextensions
5x19

Combined deload session since I’ll be leaving for WSM tomorrow afternoon. May do some 15lb curls and delt raises tonight while I pack. Everything feels tired and beat up so I’m glad to be done til next Wednesday!

Can’t wait to get down to Florida, and to watch the finals on Sunday! Last year at WSM for Big Loz so I hope he can make the finals. Today everyone is pulling monster trucks and then a farmers walk & super yoke carry medley. 350lb/hand farmers, 1,000 yoke, then finishing with a 1,300lb yoke for last 10ft

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Phew. That medley is beastly.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
*12 oz curls and delt raises*
Fixed it! Have a blast man, and post many pics!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Didja see Thor tire his plantar fascia yesterday? And he’s going to keep on going. Beast mode.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the PR HYDE!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man, what a weekend! Got to watch the Last Man Standing Stone over Bar qualifier event and the bonus Keg Toss event Saturday, then Sunday all of the Finals. Dinner by the bay, breakfast on the beach, live music, lots of great seafood, swimming, beach walks and sunsets. Wife got a pic holding Juji Mufu and about 99% sure we’re in his video due to them filming right on top of us. She/we also did a podcast Saturday night - it was both our first one as well as the very first for our host so we’ll see if that gets produced. Just chatting about whatever.

IMG_2409.JPG

IMG_2431.JPG

IMG_2445.JPG

IMG_2449.JPG

IMG_2460.JPG

Martins won the squat & the stones and generally did very well in every event in the finals, and became the new 2019 WSM. Thor managed 3rd behind Mateusz despite a torn fascia on one of his feet. Janashia tore his tricep or shoulder in the press medley and had to pull out. Pretty awesome comp and fairly well run considering the filming. They’re going to release it on CBS on June 30th this year!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like an awesome time!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like an awesome time!!!
Man that is beautiful. I’m jealous!
Anna Maria Island isn’t a bad place to spend a few days or a week, lemme tell ya! Had a direct 2.5hr flight from town into St. Petersburg/Clearwater airport (PIE), grab the rental car, and a 50 min easy highway drive to the island. Would recommend!

when you and wife are celebrities...remember us regular folks:D!!!
Lol yeah that’s why we are standing in the crowd like everyone else watching the big boys! And they still tighten their weight belts one notch at a time, like we all do...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
06/19/19 - Day 49
BW 222.8

Dynamic Frontsquat
vs 70 chain
45,45x5
145x3
190 5x5 EMOM

Deadlift, Powerbar
135,225,315x3
370x8 hookgrip
+straps
370 2x8

1.25” Deficit Deadlift
345 2x12 died for a little bit after these

Going to Cube the deadlift again now that I think I have a base established, but starting all deadlift sessions with dynamic frontsquat. No time for accessories as I have to work extra all week to make up Monday, but I was dead anyway. Hoping to get some in tonight somehow.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
*extra 20 min evening session

Lat Pulldown, no rest
60,80,100,120,140,170x6

DB Curls
10,15x15

Chin-ups

Hyperextensions
BW 5x20

Swung by the gym in my work clothes, got the lats & bi’s warm, and got my chin-ups in. Definitely felt better for this (back extensions sent some fresh blood to my sore lower body), so I will try to utilize more extra sessions here and there going forward to squeeze some more accessories in.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The rep deadlift day is so fukking brutal. Those sets of 12 feel like hell even compared to the x8 sets.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The rep deadlift day is so fukking brutal. Those sets of 12 feel like hell even compared to the x8 sets.
I was laying on the floor gasping after them, like hit some old weak nose tork to stay conscious. The weight is easy, but it’s a lot of reps after the dynamic emom 5x5 fronts and then 3x8 pulling. You just start gassing out.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/21/19 - Day 51
BW 223.6

Bench
45,95x5
145,195x3
225x2
245 4x2, 1x10 (touch n go)

CGBP
225 3x6 RPE10

Dead after this and will bodybuild tomorrow. Pushed to true failure of left tricep multiple sets. I have not felt recovered or good to train fully for some time in the gym. I am getting as much sleep as I possibly can, but between vacation last week and working 4x10hr busy shifts this week (1/3 of our manpower is out of office) I am just grinding by. I need more sleep. Also trying to facilitate Jessica’s prep for Strongest Woman in the World in a couple months.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown I suppose 🤷‍♂️☠

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
^great jam.

Ya just gotta keep grinding through these tough sessions and trust you'll come out better from it on the other side once recovery improves once life slows down a touch. 245x10 has to be somewhat close to a rep PR doesnt it?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^great jam.

Ya just gotta keep grinding through these tough sessions and trust you'll come out better from it on the other side once recovery improves once life slows down a touch. 245x10 has to be somewhat close to a rep PR doesnt it?
Yeah when I can bench 245x10 I know I can bench at least 320 paused, which lines up with the 360 slingshot press last week. I think 245x11 is my PB.

I think we are going to try to start getting to bed earlier whenever we can at home so that should help a bit, and things should be getting caught up this weekend finally.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/22/19 - Day 52

Standing DB Strict Press
10,15,20,30,40,50x10-15
60,65x12

+Seated
70x10

DB Curls
10,15,15,20,20,20x15

Chest-Supported Row
45,90,135,145x10 these were too hard

Rear DB Raises/Laterals/Pec Dec Giant Set
15/15/150x12/12/15
20/20/150x12/12/15

EZ Bar Pullover/Closegrip mashup
60x 2 sets of pump

Got the upper body working and heavily pumped up; bicep work felt really good. This was a good shorter day.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So I napped 3 hours Saturday afternoon then slept 12 hours that night/Sunday morning. Then ate like it was my job yesterday. Basically spent the weekend devoted to recovery. FINALLY felt ready to lift hard this morning. Woke at 221.6 yesterday (usually 223). Today I was 227.

06/24/19 - Day 54
BW 227.6

Squat
45x8
135,225x3
315x2
355 4x2, 1x12 RPE8

BB Row
135,185,205,225,235x10

GHR
vs Monster Miniband
3x10

Hyperextensions
+65 5x10

Farmers Walk 80ft
150 down & back, stopped cuz I am out of shape

Starting to suck wind on the reg due to the M1A. Getting very strong but not trying to push anything too hard. Glad to be rowing over 2 plates without too much trouble. Think I need to bump the 5th Set progression by at least 10 extra lbs because I could have did 14 reps I think.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yah, you've got no need to be doing x12@7-8 rpe (on main squat work anyway). If it were just a one off on a particularly good day then maybe, but youve been banging out a bunch of reps on that AMRAP for the last few weeks now.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yah, you've got no need to be doing x12@7-8 rpe (on main squat work anyway). If it were just a one off on a particularly good day then maybe, but youve been banging out a bunch of reps on that AMRAP for the last few weeks now.
I mean I am going to come off during this mesocycle so it will become more appropriate naturally in 2-3 weeks, but I still feel I can go up an extra 10-15lbs and hit reps in a more profitable range going forward.

I was using 450 for a 1RM, but now I think I can hit 495 again. Not that I intend to find out right now.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff hopefully that added rest will show itself in the next week.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
06/26/18 - Day 56
BW 226.4

Dynamic Axle Clean & Press
45,95,115x3
135 4x3
155x3

Logpress (clean once)
132 3x3
152x3

JM Press
45,85,105x10
125x8,6,6

Meadows Rows
50,75,85,95x10

Swede Pullaparts
Minibands 4x20

DB Laterals
20 2x15

Hammer Curls
25 2x15

Yesterday was last day of 3AD, gonna miss it. Added a gram of epiandro & 220mg 4andro today to help compensate, one week left on M1A. This session was good, just practiced touching the axle for the first time since January and kept it all speed weights before some upper accessories.

Those Meadows Rows felt so heavy!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work!
Thanks, need to work on wrist mobility on my left hand so I can make the catch in the rack position without extra strain. Stretched it a lot prior, but I haven’t been and today made me realize I still have plenty of work to do on that.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, need to work on wrist mobility on my left hand so I can make the catch in the rack position without extra strain. Stretched it a lot prior, but I haven’t been and today made me realize I still have plenty of work to do on that.
You should try the stretches that were in that recommended body weight program I did a while back. I have never had anything loosen my forearms wrist and elbows like those stretches.

Here is a different video of them but the same movements, I think you will really notice the difference quickly.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
06/26/18 - Day 56
BW 226.4

Dynamic Axle Clean & Press
45,95,115x3
135 4x3
155x3

Logpress (clean once)
132 3x3
152x3

JM Press
45,85,105x10
125x8,6,6

Meadows Rows
50,75,85,95x10

Swede Pullaparts
Minibands 4x20

DB Laterals
20 2x15

Hammer Curls
25 2x15

Yesterday was last day of 3AD, gonna miss it. Added a gram of epiandro & 220mg 4andro today to help compensate, one week left on M1A. This session was good, just practiced touching the axle for the first time since January and kept it all speed weights before some upper accessories.

Those Meadows Rows felt so heavy!
I felt the same about the 3 ad. Really great compound with no sides experienced (in my experience).

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I could definitely use that video too, thanks for posting it Kleen.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I felt the same about the 3 ad. Really great compound with no sides experienced (in my experience).
Honestly better than any non-methyl otc compound I have ever used. Just makes you feel great added to your stack. People doing oral/td cycles should be using that always if they can afford it.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yo, Hyde; I've started a new training log and my intent is to give weekly updates on any supplements I'm using. Instead of starting a dedicated supplement log to give my impressions of the White Warped (as I promised!), I will just give detailed weekly notes on product results before posting a true review in the product review section.

Just stopping in to let you know that I'm going to quit being a fat, lazy bum and get around to giving y'all the log that you deserve, but not the one you need right now.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
06/28/19 - Day 58
BW 223.4

Dynamic Frontsquat
vs 70 chain
45,95,145,185x3
225 5x5

Deadlift on Powerbar, Hookgrip
135,225,315x3
385x2
425 3x3
445 2x3 +straps on last set

1.5” Deficit
405x6
425x8 probably a deficit PR

Vbar Chins

Hyperextensions
5x20

Today was a great day. Hookgrip feeling like it’s coming back up and the weights feeling really light, despite knocking a few lbs of water off my bodyweight. Employed some of the stretches @MrKleen73 shared the other day which seemed to really help prepare for chin-ups.

The Slay XXX ran out after yesterday, so added in 30mg OL Osta & 30mg S23 today to pick up the slack for a few days to finish this cycle strong.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad those seemed to help. They have really opened up my wrists, I do those, the quadruped shoulder rolls, cat camels, and band pull aparts before every upper body involved session and also before front squats, makes the rack position much more comfortable from the first set on. Also really seemed to help stop a lot of the overuse pain in my forearms and elbows that normally come along after heavy pulling or pressing session.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad those seemed to help. They have really opened up my wrists, I do those, the quadruped shoulder rolls, cat camels, and band pull aparts before every upper body involved session and also before front squats, makes the rack position much more comfortable from the first set on. Also really seemed to help stop a lot of the overuse pain in my forearms and elbows that normally come along after heavy pulling or pressing session.
I remember some exercises from a vid you posted about 2 years ago. I'm still doing the stretches and since then, my forearms never troubled me again!
Your recommendations are gold, brother!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
06/29/19 - Day 59
BW 225.0

Bench
45,95,145x5
185,225x3
255 4x2, 1x8

CGBP
230 3x6

Chest-Supported Row
45,90x10
145 2x10
155x8

Seated Arnold Press
40,45,50x15

Cable Tri Pressdown
50,70,90x10
110x15
120x12

Destroyed after this one. Cramping hard from the S23. Getting sushi and time to focus on recovery.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
06/29/19 - Day 59
BW 225.0

Bench
45,95,145x5
185,225x3
255 4x2, 1x8

CGBP
230 3x6

Chest-Supported Row
45,90x10
145 2x10
155x8

Seated Arnold Press
40,45,50x15

Cable Tri Pressdown
50,70,90x10
110x15
120x12

Destroyed after this one. Cramping hard from the S23. Getting sushi and time to focus on recovery.
Looks like you are really recovering well from the bicep tear, too. Any residual discomfort at this point or are you feeling like you are back to 100%?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like you are really recovering well from the bicep tear, too. Any residual discomfort at this point or are you feeling like you are back to 100%?
Discomfort every session at various points. But not from daily activities. Gripping things, rowing, curling with full supination all feel it. I pull to the right on chin-ups because there’s still an imbalance. But it has improved over time, and I can now move 45 plates around with one hand willynilly. Today I really noticed that and it made me happy, to realize I am really starting to be able to push with confidence on things.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
7/1/19 - Day 61
BW 227.0

Squat
45 2x5
135x5
225x3
315,385,435,455,475x1
375x8

GHR
4x16

Yoke ~75ft
440x2

Took a big single, not a true max but felt like 9.5 RPE. First time over 435 since December! The AMRAP after had me pretty exhausted, plus unloading kegs for the wife’s medleys, so not much else got done besides some hammies and touching Yoke for first time since the injury. Felt very light but not fun on the bicep - it’s a little stiff from moving some big pieces of furniture for the In-laws last night.

Making progress!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
NEW TOYS!!!

IMG_2488.JPG

-Cerberus triple-ply deadlift belt, for some extra support on things like logpress or medleys where I need to keep breathing
-Deadlift socks
-Hellfire Extreme smelling salts
-Triple-ply knee sleeves, for some extra support on heavy squats or yoke
-2.5m Elite knee wraps, when I really wanna cheat!

Boy I love equipment

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nice to see things moving well in training! That belt looks sweet as well...

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've always been curious about a ply belt. I never really understood them to be completely honest.

Have you heard anything about "the breath belt"? Seems kind of gimmicky but duffin supports it and i hope he isnt just selling out for people nowadays so im curious about it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've always been curious about a ply belt. I never really understood them to be completely honest.

Have you heard anything about "the breath belt"? Seems kind of gimmicky but duffin supports it and i hope he isnt just selling out for people nowadays so im curious about it.
The breath belt, to me, looks like a doubly expensive Rehband soft belt the way it is marketed & described on Kabuki’s website. A bit less warmth/supportive equipment though and a bit more therapy oriented.

The ply belt is just something stiff to get a bit of support and bracing off of that’s not so beefy and restrictive as a powerbelt. It’s not as thick OR as wide, so it’s not so constricting when you bend over. It also uses rings and Velcro for the perfect fit any time you put it on, no notches. It’s not meet-legal, but for strongman it’s a nice option.