Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Have you thought about adding glycerin to that to help with rehydration?
I figured I’d post this here because it was pretty informative. Basically, since BP can already spike dangerously during reconstitution, glycerin is something that should be saved for the day of comp to attempt timing hyper-hydration. But this should even be dosed in moderation:

IMG_1713.JPG

IMG_1714.JPG

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bahahaha I actually drove to my favorite restaurant, an all you can eat made to order place for $14+tip. But I forgot they’re closed on Mondays, so I went for the low-grade at the Chinese buffet down the road. I will not be denied
Oh man All you can eat for $14 plus a tip... I need that place in my life. Not open on Mondays is just another reason to dislike Mondays!
I figured I’d post this here because it was pretty informative. Basically, since BP can already spike dangerously during reconstitution, glycerin is something that should be saved for the day of comp to attempt timing hyper-hydration. But this should even be dosed in moderation:

View attachment 170389

View attachment 170390
Great thanks for posting this! I was not aware of the major BP jumps from this either... great information!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
08/29/18

Back Extensionx40

TRX Fatman Rows 2x20

Ghr x15,25 PR

Dynamic Frontsquat vs 35 chain/side
45 2x5
135 5x3

Rear DB Flyes & Hammercurls
15 2x15/20

Box Jumps x3

Open-top Circus Db
35,55,75x3
85x3,3,1

Pull-ups
3x5

Feeling really good; loosened things up and moved explosively & broke a sweat. Went over CDB technique a bit more with my gf (she’s probably the best lightweight in the world at it), which was pretty beneficial - normally she is already at work by the time I can get to it.

For my part, I am mentally ready to perform my very best this Saturday. However that stacks up against the others in my class, I am excited, eager and confident I will put on a great show!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
08/29/18

Back Extensionx40

TRX Fatman Rows 2x20

Ghr x15,25 PR

Dynamic Frontsquat vs 35 chain/side
45 2x5
135 5x3

Rear DB Flyes & Hammercurls
15 2x15/20

Box Jumps x3

Open-top Circus Db
35,55,75x3
85x3,3,1

Pull-ups
3x5

Feeling really good; loosened things up and moved explosively & broke a sweat. Went over CDB technique a bit more with my gf (she’s probably the best lightweight in the world at it), which was pretty beneficial - normally she is already at work by the time I can get to it.

For my part, I am mentally ready to perform my very best this Saturday. However that stacks up against the others in my class, I am excited, eager and confident I will put on a great show!
Have your lady video some of it if she can. Would love to see you do a couple events if possible.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have your lady video some of it if she can. Would love to see you do a couple events if possible.
Agreed.

I may have missed this in my lack of activity over the last week and a half, but how's the hand doing? Still tender over that point near the base of the pinky? (I think thats where it was?)

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pumped to see how you perform bro. Your mindset is in the right lane already! Let’s go!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed.

I may have missed this in my lack of activity over the last week and a half, but how's the hand doing? Still tender over that point near the base of the pinky? (I think thats where it was?)
It’s basically fine for everyday use largely, and my ability to grip with more than just my thumb is returning, but pressing still really hurts the base of my outer palm - but it is definitely slowly improving.

If you think about it, I couldn’t have gotten luckier with the only press this comp being a one-armed lift!

Took my 2nd shot ever of CJC1295 w/DAC last night and slept like a dang log. I really think it’s responsible for healing me faster along with the Mk677.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use to boom dose my ghrp2 while using cjc w/dac. My ears would get really warm and I could hear thumping in my skull as well (odd I know) but i would knocked OUT once I fell asleep. I only did it for a month so I didn’t really see a benefit (not to mention it was EXPENSIVE to dose 1g of ghrp ~ did it with ipam as well, not at the same time but rotated).

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I use to boom dose my ghrp2 while using cjc w/dac. My ears would get really warm and I could hear thumping in my skull as well (odd I know) but i would knocked OUT once I fell asleep. I only did it for a month so I didn’t really see a benefit (not to mention it was EXPENSIVE to dose 1g of ghrp ~ did it with ipam as well, not at the same time but rotated).
That is how you know you got the good stuff. Mine did that with 1mg of DAC, I was told if you aren't feeling that at the high dose with DAC it aint legit DAC.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My sleep was pretty good anyway but this definitely isn’t hurting. I will probably raise my MK dosage to 20mg before I try to raise the CJC, as expensive as it is (2mgs every 6 days is 60 days for $100).

Had only very trace carbs or sodium yesterday but drank over 1.5gal water. Had whey, eggs, 85/15 beef w olive oil, egg whites w half n half, & 3tbsp pb. It was only 2,200 calories and woke up at 220.8 today.

Basically repeating that today with less water, which will cut off probably at 4-5pm. Went into the gym this morning and dragged the empty prowler for a bit and did some mobility - feeling loose and ready to eat hard tomorrow. Just took 5tbsp milk of magnesia for good measure.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Excited for you!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Clayton has the ****s.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Weighed 219.0. I am getting pretty good at weight manipulation.

In 2 hours I have consumes 3/4 gallon of Gatorade w creatine and added electrolytes, an entire pack of white cheddar rice cakes, and 2 packs of ramen. That’s about 1,900 calories and quite a few carbs to kick things off. Already back at weight.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have fun! I’m rootin for you fam!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yup, good luck dude. Go put on a show and have some fun.

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Weighed 219.0. I am getting pretty good at weight manipulation.

In 2 hours I have consumes 3/4 gallon of Gatorade w creatine and added electrolytes, an entire pack of white cheddar rice cakes, and 2 packs of ramen. That’s about 1,900 calories and quite a few carbs to kick things off. Already back at weight.
That’s “pro level” carbing up man. Good job.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
09/01/18 - Central Illinois Strongman Classic

-All events capped at 60 seconds-

250 Husafell Stone / 250 Keg Medley 60ft each way
-26.22 seconds with a drop PR

Hercules Hold
-44.45 seconds, went to true failure on the boogered hand

Stiffbar Deadlift Ladder, touch n go
315,365,405,455x7

Open-Top Smooth Circus Db
135x1

Atlas Stone Over 52” Bar
250x8 PR

Wow, what to say. Awesome show and a great day! Took last place out of 6th. Made 3 mistakes I shouldn’t have that cost me 4th, but the distance between 4th and 3rd was steep. On the Medley I rushed my keg pick so I carried it too low, and I lost my balance right before the finish line. On deadlift I should have ground out an 8th rep on 455, I stopped with 5 seconds left. And before circus Db I sat with my dual-ply sleeve on for over 20 min like a dumb-dumb, so my forearm literally seized and spasmed whenever I cleaned the 2nd rep. I had the power for a triple I believe. Still, I’ve only ever done 135 for a double so I can’t complain. I did really kick ass on stones, tying for 2nd and using every last second of the minute - this was such a great way to finish, with a big PR.

It was very humid and I lost a ton of fluids, but it wasn’t too hot and the show had a great flow to it. Lots of fun people and I am so glad I jumped into this one. Also, NOTHING HURTS. Definitely feel way better than a powerlifting meet - ready to get right back into training. I will post some pics when I get the vids!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Minor mistakes that can be cleaned up! Walked away with a PR and enjoyed the event.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
250 Husafell

IMG_1735.JPG

250 Keg

IMG_1736.JPG

Hercules Hold

IMG_1734.JPG

135 Circus DB

IMG_1739.JPG

IMG_1740.JPG

IMG_1738.JPG

250 Stone over 52” bar

IMG_1742.JPG

IMG_1741.JPG

Look Ma, I made the paper again!

IMG_1732.JPG

IMG_1731.JPG

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love those pictures! Looks like a combination of fun and pain.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Those are a whole bunch of events that I hate
I basically hated doing any and all strongman events initially, as they’re almost all guaranteed discomfort. The more I play with different ones, the more I enjoy them all for different reasons - there’s a simple satisfaction in moving something difficult for you to move I guess. Except overhead tossing events, but I’ve never done those.

Minor mistakes that can be cleaned up! Walked away with a PR and enjoyed the event.
It really was a blast. The most fun I’ve had yet probably at a strongman show!

Yesterday was a CJC pin day. Went in for some deadlift but back just wasn’t ready and immediately told me to stop. Rested & ate all day, then slept 11 hours. Bodyweight was 226.2 today, and with only 3.5 weeks til Long Beach and no comps to directly train for it’s time to step back on the weightloss train!

Fasting in the morning, using some stims to help reduce appetite & enhance lipolysis, and going to keep keep an eye on overall calories. May or may not go in for some upper back work tonight but I need to get to the store too.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
09/02/18

Axle Floorpress from Pins 2” off Chest
45,95,145,195x8
215 3x8

CG Swissbar Incline
135x15
145x12
155x10
165x8

Machine Chest Press
70/side x15
90x12
105x10
115x8

Seated Db OHP
35s 2x25

Cable Flyes
33x15
38x12,10,9

Tri Pressdown
100 5x10
120 2x10

Machine pressing was totally pain free and using light dbs wasn’t bothering me either. Axle and the fattest Swissbar grip were manageable pain so it was great to get some kind of pressing work in Sunday.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
09/04/18

Lat Pulldowns
100,140,150x8
170 2x8
then Straight Arm Lat Pressdown
40 2x20

Pull-ups
4x5

One-arm DB Rows
110x8
120 3x8
then Simultaneous DB Rows
50 2x20

BB Rows
215 4x8
then Widegrip Standing Cable Low Rows
120x20
150x20

Machine Mid Row
95/side 2x5
70 2x8
then Reverse Grip Lat Pulldowns
100 2x20

One-arm Db Curls
20,25,30,35,40,25x8 each

One-arm Db Hammercurls
30 6x8 each

Makeup accessories from yesterday morning. I can’t believe the accessory volume, especially this close to a comp for my gf, but the wife of this coaching couple is an IFBB Pro as well as being a Pro Strongwoman so there you go I guess. Lots of sweat and a big pump tonight.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
09/05/18

10” Log Strictpress from floor
132,142,147x8

Axle Push-Jerk from pins
175 5x2

Seated Axle Military
135,145,155x8
160x6

Giant Set of Db Laterals, Front Raise, Rear Flyes
20 3x12 each

Incline-supported Db Superman Raises
20 4x12

ss w/ Rope Facepulls
120 4x12

Lying BB Tri Extensions EMOM
85 6x8

Tri Pressdowns
50 2x30

Axle seems to be pain-free and pain on log is greatly diminished. I was able to do the entire workout without a lifting strap or real pain. I bet I’ll be back to a barbell before long!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When you come home to your woman cleaning the house in a dress for you, and you have breakfast for dinner...you know today was a good day

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great job and the lockout pic of the Circus DB is a bad ass pic! You should use that for a profile pic or something somewhere!

Even better to hear your hand is feeling much better!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great job and the lockout pic of the Circus DB is a bad ass pic! You should use that for a profile pic or something somewhere!

Even better to hear your hand is feeling much better!
It needs a better story than only 135lbs! Lol but thank you, it took a lot of intensity to make that lift happen and I was still happy with it.

I woke at 5:30 today to go squat, but I was ridiculously sleepy still so I went with my body and went back to bed - really good decision. Fasted for 16 hours, weight was down to 223.8, feeling good and eating right. Pumped to squat later!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Weight was 222.8 today, currently doing another 14-16hr fast and staying on diet. Brought 40mcg of Clen in yesterday and plan to keep that going to help keep focused. I have been ensuring I get at least 220g protein and keeping calories between 2-3,000/day starting Tuesday. Haven’t been doing any red meat - mainly eggs/whites, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, whey, ground turkey & salmon. Trying to get some veggies in.

Last night was another CJC dose, which made for some interesting dreams and good sleep.

Last night’s training:

09/06/18

Back Ext x30

CAT Squat - 2.5 min rests
135,225x5
275x3
325x2
365x1
315 3x6

Legpress
200/side 2x12

Snatchgrip Axle Deadlift
315,335,355x6

Pull-Ups
4x6

This session was more taxing than it looks on paper. Pull-ups are getting easier.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
09/08/18

Frontsquat
45,95x5
145,195,245x3
295x2
335x2 singles in a min
345x2 singles in a min

10” Logpress
172x3
182x4
192x5
202x4 tied PR

Very stiff and sore from squatting 36 hours prior, no energy or drive, and kept blacking out on frontsquat. Got some work in on the women’s log since I was already warm - had a lot of strength today but not the will to display it. I can tell I am definitely stronger since the last time I trained Log earlier in the year.

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Geez Hyde, everything you do is wildly impressive to this old man.

The photos were epic!

You are obviously young, strong, resilient, and motivated.

But with all the weight you push and pull around in the gym, I’m wondering if you are overtraining for being on an intermittent fasting diet?

Thoughts?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Geez Hyde, everything you do is wildly impressive to this old man.

The photos were epic!

You are obviously young, strong, resilient, and motivated.

But with all the weight you push and pull around in the gym, I’m wondering if you are overtraining for being on an intermittent fasting diet?

Thoughts?
Thank you; I’m glad you enjoyed them!

Well, I’m only fasting 14-16 hours on days I don’t train in the morning, not a hardcore 20 hour thing every day - still, I suspect you are right.

I’m eating less than I need - I shouldn’t be surprised I have less energy in training. Also, 5 days a week is one day too many for me anyway - that is a recent concession to train with my gf, who has excellent recoverability.

My plan for the next few weeks is to focus on the big movements and not do so much volume - accessories are fine when you have the extra gas to spare, but the meat and potatoes is what makes you strong.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
sorry for the late congrats!!! sounds like you had a good time...that Hercules Hold pic is epic!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Was able to finally bench, with the bar too, today. No pain in my right hand. Unfortunately it looks like stopping bench and most pressing for over a month created a new obstacle - right shoulder now has lots of pain at the bottom of the bench! Could not get it to go away with any amount of mobility, but I was able to do close grip with only a little discomfort.

I will get it opened up and loosened out somehow! Just a little bump in the road. I was able to do some work weight dbs with only a bit of pain and could do dips with pain, so the hand is making real progress. Felt really good to be back on the bench. I have really missed it!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If it isn’t one thing, it’s another. Good thing is, you’re able to still do pressing with a modified/different grip AND the hand/wrist let you! It’ll resolve once you find the right mobility/strengthening exercises for the shoulder capsule.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If it isn’t one thing, it’s another. Good thing is, you’re able to still do pressing with a modified/different grip AND the hand/wrist let you! It’ll resolve once you find the right mobility/strengthening exercises for the shoulder capsule.
Exactly. And it’s not like I couldn’t use more close grip work anyway - I need to bring these pea-shooter arms up anyway!

09/09/18

CGBP
45,95,115,155x8
185 5x6
205x6 just as cake as 185 was

Machine Chest Press
110,120,130,140/side x8

Db Front Raises w palms up
15,20x20

Db Incline Bench
75 2x8
85 2x8

Cable Flyes from low attachment
25 2x20

Dips
4x8

CGBP
115 2x20

Db Incline-Supported Tri Kickbacks
15 6x8

Single-arm Reverse Grip Cable Tri Ext
40 6x8 alternating non-stop

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Gf’s coaches have heavily modified her program this week to peak her for that, so now seems like a great time to move training back entirely into my own hands (at least for the next 3 weeks).

IMG_1747.JPG

After some back and forth I am going to run a template from Josh Thigpen’s Cube for Strongman 3, which focuses on squatting & overhead pressing M/W/F with moving & loading events on Sat. Leg accessories are done on Mon, Deadlift & accessories are added Wed, and Pressing accessories go on Friday. The squat and press efforts rotate every session through Heavy/Speed/Repetition, and I will vary the type of squat and press implement to help avoid getting too beat up. The frequency is high but the days/wk and overall volume should make it manageable if I can adapt.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I basically hated doing any and all strongman events initially, as they’re almost all guaranteed discomfort. The more I play with different ones, the more I enjoy them all for different reasons - there’s a simple satisfaction in moving something difficult for you to move I guess. Except overhead tossing events, but I’ve never done those.
My first show had a keg toss. That event is a lot of fun, but it really doesn't come up much in competition.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My first show had a keg toss. That event is a lot of fun, but it really doesn't come up much in competition.
Especially local amateur shows. That’s something I don’t plan to mess with for a while since I will need to get some more kegs (our lightest is 65lbs), and I’m not sure the gym would appreciate me throwing our kettlebells until I leave big divots in the grass

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
09/10/18
Cube Wk1, Heavy Press & Speed Squat

Axle C&P
45,95,115,135,155x3
175x2
195,200x3

Squat vs Light Bands
45,135,205x3
245 8x2 EMOM

Legpress
6 plates/side 2x10

SSB Walking Lunges
62 2x10/side

Leg Extensions/Calves
120/100 2x10

HLR
2x12

Pull-ups
4x7

Press was rather easy & didn’t struggle with the cleans; I think all the muscle work over the last few months has paid out!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
220.8 today. No training so doing the morning fast thing on 50mcg Clen & some warm green tea. Carbs are trace only til the evening meal.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
09/12/18
Cube Wk1 - Speed Press, Rep Squat, Heavy Deadlift

Axle Press (1 Strict, 1 Push, 1 Jerk)
vs ~40-50lb chain at top
115 8x3 EMOM

Frontsquat
45,135,185,235x3
265x10,8

Stiff Bar Deadlift, Hookgrip
135,225,315x3
365x2
415x1
465x4
+Straps
465x4

BB Rows
255 2x10

Shrugs
315 2x10

Chins
5x7

Great session. Haven’t touched hook grip in over 2.5 years, but 465x4 was easy to hold. I think 265x10 might be a frontsquat PR.

Bought some expiring ON Gold Standard Gainer from NP for cheap. 27g protein & 55 carbs from powdered oat, pea, & potato per scoop. I can’t even digest cream of rice before these morning sessions, so I tried a scoop of this: perfect energy and GI comfort today, no dips in blood sugar or gas. Very excited I stumbled upon this!

IMG_1750.JPG

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had a little date night last night (she had the salad bar, I had a plate of Chinese). Weight was 219.8 this morning & have fasted 17 hours since dinner. Looking to see 215 by Long Beach in a couple weeks.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
09/14/18
Cube Wk1 - Heavy Squat, Rep OHP

SSB Squat
62,152,242,292x3
332x1
372 2x3

12” Log Strictpress
110x8
140x6
165,170x8 PR

CGBP
205 2x6
215 4x6

Seated DB OHP (no back support)
70x8,7

Everything but the DB overhead had more in the tank every set - felt good to get some solid work in but not feel tapped out. I am building momentum - I can feel it!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMG_0888.JPG

Build the momentum!