Hyde’s Strength Odyssey

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A little late to the party but congrats on the engagement and to the wife for taking second place. ?

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Back from Long Beach, CA

Awesome time, lovely sunny 70-80 degrees everyday with 60 for the lows at night - stayed in a great little AirBNB gated guest house with all kinds of fruit trees growing around it and 2 huge tortoises in the yard! Ate whatever I wanted and no training for 5 days.

After enduring a very hard watercut, my lady took 2nd place in the Lightweight at America’s Strongest Woman, winning the Yoke run and Stone over Bar events. She ran a 400lb yoke 40ft in a blistering 5.28 seconds and loaded a 200lb Stone of Steel (slicker than a concrete stone and no tacky allowed) over 48” for a huge PR of 9 reps in a minute. I’ve never seen her do more than 5 at that weight/height. Last rep:

View attachment 172012

After an evening of celebrating, we took a late walk on the beach together. When I got down on one knee, she said yes - so look for a pretty strong wedding in the coming year
Congratulations Hyde! *♀

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats big brother! You even found a wife sharing your vice, lifting! Lucky bastard!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats big brother! You even found a wife sharing your vice, lifting! Lucky bastard!
Thank you all, fellas! I am very lucky - it is so good to have someone who can relate to all of “isms” that can come with this lifestyle. Someone who gets when you’re crabby from a diet, or a cycle, or is gassy, or needs to pack Tupperware or make extra food or restroom stops, & doesn’t mind so much when you’re fatter or skinnier because they realize more than most that composition is all temporary anyway.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/06/18
Cube Wk 4, Day 3 - Events

10” Rogue Log
72x6
122x3
172x2
192x1

13” Solid Steel Log
211 2x2

Rogue Yoke, Down & Back 55ft each way
505 in 19.xx seconds

Definitely should not have trained; erectors were still fried from Thursday & needed sleep with this awful sinus stuff. I was blasting the first log reps up but kept running out of gas by the third rep. Yoke was even worse - like trying to keep the world from spinning. Cut it short and went back to bed.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
10/06/18
Cube Wk 4, Day 3 - Events

10” Rogue Log
72x6
122x3
172x2
192x1

13” Solid Steel Log
211 2x2

Rogue Yoke, Down & Back 55ft each way
505 in 19.xx seconds

Definitely should not have trained; erectors were still fried from Thursday & needed sleep with this awful sinus stuff. I was blasting the first log reps up but kept running out of gas by the third rep. Yoke was even worse - like trying to keep the world from spinning. Cut it short and went back to bed.
Same sickness? Or did a new one get ya as soon as you got over old one?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Same sickness? Or did a new one get ya as soon as you got over old one?
Hard to say going through an airport, but my right sinus got lit up when we returned. Fatigue, stuffy/runny nose, drainage - cold/sinus type junk. Easy to live with but hard to train with unfortunately.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hard to say going through an airport, but my right sinus got lit up when we returned. Fatigue, stuffy/runny nose, drainage - cold/sinus type junk. Easy to live with but hard to train with unfortunately.
Mmmmm airport Petri dish....
thats the worst. Hope ya get better soon!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
UGH... you did the right thing! Feel better!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My brother would say, “I’m tellin you, medi pot and you’ll be good”.

Sinus/head pressure is one of the hardest things to train with.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/07/18
Cube Wk 4, Day 4 - Heavy Press Accessory

Swiss Bar Bench
35 2x10
125x5
175,225x3
255x2
275x1
+dual-ply sleeves & reactive slingshot
300 2x3

Db Floorpress
60 3x20

Db Lying Tri Ext
30 2x15

Went in yesterday evening to get a little lockout work in. Slept in this morning and will squat tonight after work. Weighing 226.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/08/18
Cube Wk5, Day 1 - Rep Squat, Heavy & Rep Press

Squat
45,135,225x5
275x1
325,335,345,355x5

Axle Strict Press
45,65,95x5
115x3
135,155,175x1
185x4
160x8

Chins
4x8

Calf Raises
80x20,15,15

No belt or sleeves on squat, no box or bands - not that hard, but kinda sucked lol. Strict axle out of the rack probably wasn’t PRs, but felt strong for sure.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well, there I was last night lamenting that I hadn’t at least done bb hip thrusts or farmers holds in that session, then I wake up sweating at 2am and start spraying from both ends and spend the next 6 hours in a fever, cramping, Charlie horses. No sleep all night.

Didn’t stagger out of bed til 1pm for toast and a banana, been sipping water and Sierra Mist on my rump since. Starting to get my legs back and planning on rice with chicken stock in a bit so I can get back to work tomorrow.

Long story short: skip your glute work & thank me later

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, there I was last night lamenting that I hadn’t at least done bb hip thrusts or farmers holds in that session, then I wake up sweating at 2am and start spraying from both ends and spend the next 6 hours in a fever, cramping, Charlie horses. No sleep all night.

Didn’t stagger out of bed til 1pm for toast and a banana, been sipping water and Sierra Mist on my rump since. Starting to get my legs back and planning on rice with chicken stock in a bit so I can get back to work tomorrow.

Long story short: skip your glute work & thank me later
Did everything land ok brother?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yessir! Something to help me put the weight back on eventually
Good deal man . Should have you feeling pretty good too while youre doing it
Its known for its feels goods while on

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Back at work today, still feeling like I came through the grinder despite lots of sleep. Haven’t eaten much today but will try to catch that up as I explore different foods. Hoping to train some lighter shoulders tomorrow.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/11/18
Cube Wk 5, Day 2 - Speed Deadlift

Back Extension x30

Db Rear Flyes
15x15
20 3x15

Db Curls
15,20,25,30x15

GHR
3x13

Stiffbar Deadlift, Hookgrip
135,225x5
345 10x1 every 40 seconds

SSB GMs
152x6
222 2x8

BB Rows
245 2x15

Db Shrugs
150 2x15

Decided to keep the lower body work on schedule this week and will do speed pressing tomorrow or Saturday with lighter/conditioning events. Deadlift was feeling strong despite a lot of adductor & hamstring pain (getting sick right after squat Monday night meant poor recovery).

15 reps on barbell rows is a long time to be doing bent over rows, btw. ??

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If the deadlift every 40 secs didn’t make you yak then the rows is a walk in the park lol

When I read “15” I see 3 sets of 5 or 5 sets of 3 #madlazy

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If the deadlift every 40 secs didn’t make you yak then the rows is a walk in the park lol

When I read “15” I see 3 sets of 5 or 5 sets of 3 #madlazy
Lol it’s not the cardio of the reps for me; it’s the internal pressure of being bent over with a belt on for that log while exerting myself!

Slept in this morning and took the extra 4 hours of sleep; very glad I did! Will hit some log with events tomorrow then do all of the pressing hypertrophy Sunday.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/13/18
Cube Wk5, Day 3 - Heavy Press, Light Events

10” Log
72x10
112,132x3
152,172x2
192x1

13” Log
221 2x1 lil PR on this log
211x3 tied lifetime PR

65ft Carry Medley, 1 implement EMOM
-Thick Farmers 200/hand
-200 Keg
-150 Sandbag
-Farmers
-Keg
-Bag
-Farmers
-Keg
-Bag down & back
-Farmers (raced back against buddy who had keg)

Basically max log work followed by very light implements for some conditioning. Meant to press 216 for 2x2 but misloaded to 221 so I had to change things around. Hitting the 211 Log for a triple hasn’t been done since I was on DMZ 2 years ago at this bodyweight, so I am probably 8%+ stronger overhead now.

IMG_1795.JPG

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/14/18

Bench
45x10
95,135,185x5
235x2
245,250,255x5

Incline Bench
165 4x12

Pec Deck
150 3x20

Low Cable Flyes
40 3x12

Machine Chest Press
90/side 3x12

Push-ups
3x20

Db Lying Skullcrushers
35/hand 3x12

Triangle Handle Pressdown
100,110,120,130x12

Ovrhd Db Tri Ext ss w/ Ovrhd Rope Tri Ext
30 / 27 x12 each, 7 rounds, 20 sec rests

Did the bro Chest day with the ladies. If 10 exercises sounds like a lot, just know I actually cut a set off most of the accessories as well as skipping Db Tri Kickbacks all-together (a truly worthless exercise if ever there was).

I plan to continue cubing my deadlift training because it is working so well, but will start trying to re-align my training structure more with hers.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pec deck hmmmm ?
I like your style!
So dumb, but if it helps prevent pec tears later on I guess it’s worth it ?

10/15/18

Deadlift, Powerbar & Hookgrip
135x5
225x3
315,405,440x2
+straps
440x8

SSB GMs
172x6
242 2x8

Double Overhand Powerbar Holds
315,325x10 sec each

Tbar Rows
3,4,4.5,5 plates x12

Pull-ups
3x6
1x8

Db Rear Delt Flyes
25 2x12

Db Curls
40 2x10

Moved deadlift back to Mondays so will squat Thursday. Trying to raise my double over grip strength to help raise my maximum hook potential when I move to the deadlift bar. Thinking about a UPA meet on Dec 8th since it’s only an hour away.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on those OHP PR's!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do like the nice pump it gives after a heavy bench sesh. Beefs up the outer edges of the pecs nicely too.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I do like the nice pump it gives after a heavy bench sesh. Beefs up the outer edges of the pecs nicely too.
I might try this. Havent done pec dec for a looooong time.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lars ruined Napster... lol.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
True but I’m listening to them for free now despite it!

#cantstopprogress
I don't think I have actively listened to any of their stuff since then. The last thing I got of theirs was Black, but don't have any of my old stuff anymore. I still like it and enjoy it on the radio when played but I haven't downloaded or purchased anything from them in years and years. Then again, LOAD was well... a LOAD so that was kind of my final straw. Between Lar's being a bitch, and that album I just lost interest.That and they weren't on any of the legitimate music streaming for so long I didn't know they were even available out there on them now.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think I have actively listened to any of their stuff since then. The last thing I got of theirs was Black, but don't have any of my old stuff anymore. I still like it and enjoy it on the radio when played but I haven't downloaded or purchased anything from them in years and years. Then again, LOAD was well... a LOAD so that was kind of my final straw. Between Lar's being a bitch, and that album I just lost interest.That and they weren't on any of the legitimate music streaming for so long I didn't know they were even available out there on them now.
I have Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning CD's downloaded to my Ipod.
love me some "for whom the bell tolls" when doing legs!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning CD's downloaded to my Ipod.
love me some "for whom the bell tolls" when doing legs!
Yeah those were pretty damn awesome!!!! I will probably go out and look to see what is available on streaming now and grab some of my favorites if they are available. I figured they had checked out of all that stuff, when I started looking and didn't see them a few years back.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Holy crap, it is all available... I guess i will revisit them. Does anyone have any recommendations off of the newer stuff?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Holy crap, it is all available... I guess i will revisit them. Does anyone have any recommendations off of the newer stuff?
From the Hardwired album, I really enjoy Moth to Flame, Spit Out the Bone, Now That We’re Dead, and Atlas, Rise!

And I haven’t even listened to the whole album yet. Lots of great riffy and thrashy tracks.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2 things that I tell people that usually helps them develop tension headaches: I don't like Metallica and I've never seen "Smokey and the Bandit"...:laugh2:
Until you’ve watched Smokey and the Bandit while listening to Metallica, you haven’t lived

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
From the Hardwired album, I really enjoy Moth to Flame, Spit Out the Bone, Now That We’re Dead, and Atlas, Rise!

And I haven’t even listened to the whole album yet. Lots of great riffy and thrashy tracks.
Thanks! I will check those out too. The one you linked earlier was bad ass.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/17/18

Strict 10” Logpress Out of Rack
72x8
112x6
142x3
162x2
182 2x4
187x4

Seated NG DB OHP
70 2x8
60 2x8

Cable Rope Facepulls
140,150x10
160 3x10

Db Laterals
25 5x10

45lb Plate Front Raise
5x10

45* Cable Upright Row
80,100x10
120 3x10

Dips
4x10

Bar Tricep Pressdown
120x10
130 4x10

Rope Tri Pressdown
100x100 total reps in several minutes

I am fairly certain I strictpressed 187x4 this past cycle, so to be hitting it 3 months later off is terrific. Feeling strong and excited to squat tomorrow!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also, pinned my CJC/dac shot IM in the delt instead of subq in belly Monday since apparently the DAC lets it work fine this way compared to the base peptide.

Pretty relieving actually - zero PIP (normally subq has some and can even get itchy). I guess nice to know that if nothing else when I’m on TRT in a decade that a slin pin IM is cake, if nothing else. Having never pinned oil, I was a little worried about the needles.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/18/18

Squat
45,135,225,295,345,385,395,405x4

BB RDL
275 2x8
295x16

Single-leg Legpress
120,140,160,180 4x8

Lying Leg Curl
140,150,160,170x8

Abductor
150 3x12

Adductor
120 3x12

Bodyweight Lunges
3x12

Pull-ups
3x6

Would have liked 405 to move easier, but it’s a start in the right direction - only way my squat is going back up is by putting the work in. Glad lunges were pain-free.

Today is 12 weeks post-cycle. Getting bloods Saturday to see how things look under the hood.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ugh, it is getting harder and harder to read about be doing squats and deadlifts... This foot needs to heal!!!!

Looking forward to seeing how well you have recovered. You did a nice run, and your PCT was solid and diet has been pretty good so expecting it to be pretty squared away.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ugh, it is getting harder and harder to read about be doing squats and deadlifts... This foot needs to heal!!!!

Looking forward to seeing how well you have recovered. You did a nice run, and your PCT was solid and diet has been pretty good so expecting it to be pretty squared away.