Farmers Walk (Thick Handles)
180/hand x4 runs ~80ft

Yoke Runs, ~70ft one way
190 down & back
330 ^
420 x2 down
420 down & back in 17.43, no equipment

Band Tri Pressdowns

Skipped light stones today - battling a head cold and didn’t wanna push my body too hard. Felt good to touch the classic carries today. I feel faster and stronger than I used to be.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A good buddy totaled 1,911 at 308 in his first recent power meet yesterday, and I’m pretty sure he’s even still natty. He only pulled 689 and just pulled 800 in training w straps+hitch, so I think he can do 2,000 within the year. He just needs to get more used to wraps, keep building his hookgrip, and it will take care of itself. If he decides to juice ever it could get really wild!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thats nuts. Thats geared though right?
Lol you wish. Wraps and a belt, brochacho. He is a big thick dude just built like a gorilla naturally (about as hairy too). I have seen him logpress 400lbs overhead.

He straight dunked the 705 squat too, and it was USPA so it was walked out and the bench pause was legit. He went 8/9 and did 705/501.5/689 (didn’t hold 705 at lockout long enough).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
09/17/18
Cube Wk2, Heavy Press & Speed Squat

Axle C&P
45,95,135,165,185x3
205x3
210x5 PR

Flipped the 2 heaviest tires we have once each to move them for the trash pickup

Squat vs Light Bands
45,135,205x3
275 8x2 EMOM

Legpress
7 plates/side 2x10

Leg Extensions/Calves
140/100 2x12/10

Pull-ups
4x8

Ran out of time so lunges & leg raises will have to get made up. Great session - the axle PR was there so I just kept jerkin’ it! Felt good to flip the big tire, took a couple tries to get the groove back.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Lol you wish. Wraps and a belt, brochacho. He is a big thick dude just built like a gorilla naturally (about as hairy too). I have seen him logpress 400lbs overhead.

He straight dunked the 705 squat too, and it was USPA so it was walked out and the bench pause was legit. He went 8/9 and did 705/501.5/689 (didn’t hold 705 at lockout long enough).
Thats freakin nuts

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
09/12/18
Cube Wk2, Day 2 - Speed Press, Rep Squat, Speed Deadlift

Axle Press (1 Strict, 1 Push, 1 Jerk)
vs ~50lb chain at top
125 8x3 EMOM

Frontsquat
45,135,205,245x3
280 2x8 volume PR

Stiff Bar Deadlift, Hookgrip
335 10x1 EMOM

BB Rows
265 2x10

Shrugs
335 2x10

Chins
5x8

Man, today just kicked my tail - it was all willpower to finish. Weighing 220 upon rising and slowly leaning out.
#deathbycube

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Last night was a CJC dose. Doing 2.5mg of that every 6 days, and 10mg Mk nightly. Slept 11 hours total and it really made a difference - all of this pressing and squatting frequency is no joke.

Today is 8 weeks post cycle.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
09/21/18
Cube Wk2, Day3 - Heavy Squat, Rep OHP

SSB Squat
62,152,242,312x3
352x1
392 2x3

12” Log Strictpress
72x10
122,152x6
172 2x7+1 one-motion

CGBP
225 6x6

Incline DB Press
50 2x20

Pretty much everything was tough today, as my calories were low yesterday, but I made it happen.

IMG_1007.JPG

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
09/23/18
Cube Wk2, Day 4 - Heavy Events

200/hand ~80ft
230 x2 runs

Yoke Runs, ~75ft one way

Stones
145x6
177 5x2 30 sec rests
235x7 in 70 seconds

Everything was great practice without killing myself.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This program looks enjoyable. How are you liking it at the end of two weeks? Definitely different than the last program you were doing with Jess.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
09/23/18
Cube Wk2, Day 4 - Heavy Events

200/hand ~80ft
230 x2 runs

Yoke Runs, ~75ft one way

Stones
145x6
177 5x2 30 sec rests
235x7 in 70 seconds

Everything was great practice without killing myself.
I wish i could work out at a gym with a yoke and stones and good handles for farmers walks and stuff. I think it would be fun in a painful way

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your farmers carries are strong

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This program looks enjoyable. How are you liking it at the end of two weeks? Definitely different than the last program you were doing with Jess.
Very different - the Derks method is basically is essentially American powerbuilding with an event day. The normal Cube is similar, but this template is the oddball - it’s the high frequency method Josh Thigpen used after a long layoff to get his leg strength and press up as fast as possible for WSM.

Having finished 2 weeks...it’s hard. I am seriously wrecked - I have all kinds of new little unilateral aches from ankle to shoulder. I am pushing to improve faster than I can sustain, and it is working.

I wish i could work out at a gym with a yoke and stones and good handles for farmers walks and stuff. I think it would be fun in a painful way
We own all of the strongman equipment. Golds let’s us keep the yokes and farmers there, and I drive to a 71 year old lady’s house on the other side of town to load stones in her garage.

Farmers handles are cheap and portable - especially if you know a welder.

Your farmers carries are strong
Thank you! Just getting back into them as my hand has healed - I need to get up to about 300/hand at this speed.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Off day, slept 11 hours. Gf and I hit the hot tub at a local gym to help loosen things up, took a walk. Feeling ready for tomorrow!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Off day, slept 11 hours. Gf and I hit the hot tub at a local gym to help loosen things up, took a walk. Feeling ready for tomorrow!
Absolutely love those necessary days

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
09/24/18
Cube Wk3, Heavy Press & Speed Squat

Axle C&P
45,95,135x4
155,175x2
195,215x1
215x3 PR

Squat vs Light Bands
45,135,225x3
300 8x2 EMOM

Legpress
8.5 plates/side 2x8

Leg Extensions/Calves
150/110 2x12/10

Really struggled with the second half of my continental clean today - gf gave me some good cueing though and finished strong with a little PR. Also happy my knees didn’t explode in a fireball at the bottom of legpress.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Took CJC a day early last night to help recover for tomorrow - planning a push session in the morning & squat/pull in the evening to get everything worked before we leave Thursday morning.

Packing bags tonight! Pumped

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
09/26/18
Cube Wk3, Day 2 - Rep Press, Deadlift & Squat

Morning Session:

Strict 10.5” Logpress (Rogue women’s log wrapped in a yoga mat)
72,112x7
142x4
182,202x1
177x6,4,5

CGBP
230 5x6
235x6

Incline DB Press
55x25,21,15

Cable Tri Pressdown
60 4x20

Close-grip bench is starting to feel stronger again, lockout is definitely improving slightly on OHP from this. Going to hammer food at work today and heading back for a bigger session tonight to get the work done before Cali!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had to take my preWO at work because if I wait til I’m off I won’t be able to sleep. Now I’m just hanging out trying to look casual while I’m ready to bust through a cubicle and pick up someone’s desk ☠

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Evening Session:

Back Extension x30

Stiffbar Deadlift, Hookgrip
135,225x5
315x2
385x1
425x10 RPE 7.5

Frontsquat
45x6
135,205x3
275,315x1
345x2
300x6,5 PR?

Pendlay Rows
275 2x8

Shrugs
345 2x8

Chins
3x8
3x6

Very happy with this. Felt weak this morning, but when I got back to the gym tonight I knew I was on! Deadlift tied an old PR, but this was a smoke show - no problem hooking for 10 reps either. 345x2 & 300x6 may be little frontsquat PRs.

Can’t wait to watch America’s Strongest Man & Woman this weekend! The heavy men have to run a 440lb/hand farmers walk & 1,100lb yoke carry

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dude, that’s a solid amount of hook grip volume.

It’s a odd thing when you feel off or “weak” but end up having an excellent training session, this happens to me quite often.. actually.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dude, that’s a solid amount of hook grip volume.

It’s a odd thing when you feel off or “weak” but end up having an excellent training session, this happens to me quite often.. actually.
Thank you - I wasn’t sure how it would go but the hook wasn’t a limiter at all!

Amazing what 10 more hours awake and 4 meals with carbs will do to get the engine running at full power.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you - I wasn’t sure how it would go but the hook wasn’t a limiter at all!

Amazing what 10 more hours awake and 4 meals with carbs will do to get the engine running at full power.
Psh, don’t have to tell me twice! Pancakes with real syrup every morning for the last two weeks lol carbs carbs carbs ??

Wish I could get more sleep though... never enough of that.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had to take my preWO at work because if I wait til I’m off I won’t be able to sleep. Now I’m just hanging out trying to look casual while I’m ready to bust through a cubicle and pick up someone’s desk ☠
Been there, done that. Got stuck at work putting out a fire once after taking my pre-workout too... that was intense!!!
Psh, don’t have to tell me twice! Pancakes with real syrup every morning for the last two weeks lol carbs carbs carbs ??

Wish I could get more sleep though... never enough of that.
Try putting those carbs in the evening... Serotonin sleep baby!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm tired of all this carb talk.....you guys suck.
Yomo Ever have Sweet Potato Bread Pudding? OMFG!!!! Just had some this weekend from a Cajun place, and WOW!!!! Talk about decadent!!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Back from Long Beach, CA

Awesome time, lovely sunny 70-80 degrees everyday with 60 for the lows at night - stayed in a great little AirBNB gated guest house with all kinds of fruit trees growing around it and 2 huge tortoises in the yard! Ate whatever I wanted and no training for 5 days.

After enduring a very hard watercut, my lady took 2nd place in the Lightweight at America’s Strongest Woman, winning the Yoke run and Stone over Bar events. She ran a 400lb yoke 40ft in a blistering 5.28 seconds and loaded a 200lb Stone of Steel (slicker than a concrete stone and no tacky allowed) over 48” for a huge PR of 9 reps in a minute. I’ve never seen her do more than 5 at that weight/height. Last rep:

IMG_1783.JPG

After an evening of celebrating, we took a late walk on the beach together. When I got down on one knee, she said yes - so look for a pretty strong wedding in the coming year

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bro! Congrats!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So awesome!!! Sounds like a great spot you stayed at too!!!

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Back from Long Beach, CA

Awesome time, lovely sunny 70-80 degrees everyday with 60 for the lows at night - stayed in a great little AirBNB gated guest house with all kinds of fruit trees growing around it and 2 huge tortoises in the yard! Ate whatever I wanted and no training for 5 days.

After enduring a very hard watercut, my lady took 2nd place in the Lightweight at America’s Strongest Woman, winning the Yoke run and Stone over Bar events. She ran a 400lb yoke 40ft in a blistering 5.28 seconds and loaded a 200lb Stone of Steel (slicker than a concrete stone and no tacky allowed) over 48” for a huge PR of 9 reps in a minute. I’ve never seen her do more than 5 at that weight/height. Last rep:

View attachment 172012

After an evening of celebrating, we took a late walk on the beach together. When I got down on one knee, she said yes - so look for a pretty strong wedding in the coming year
Nice! Awesome bro im happy for you

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you everybody. We’re both very happy about it. I’ve always heard when you know, you know, but I always thought that was crap because I had never experienced it with anyone before. But this one is different...no one I’d rather spend my time with, even in training!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/03/18
Cube Wk4, Day1 - Speed Press

10” Logpress (1 Strict, 1 Push, 1 Jerk)
152 8x3 w/ 30 sec rests

Axle Incline Press
175,180,185x8

Dips

Light Band Single-arm Pressdown w/ Pause
2x10 overhand
2x10 underhand

Db Laterals
25x12
30 2x12

Back into some training finally after 6 days off. Felt like crap (right sinus is aching after the trip back) but forced myself to get some work in.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Planned next cycle for bulk. Was planning Test E, but there is a lot of stuff I need to use up before oils, so I it’s gonna be the kitchen sink instead.

Essentially, it’s 80 days of LGD as the base anabolic kicked with 3 weeks of M1T, followed by 8wks of an Osta/1Andro/4Andro/Androsterone/Var stack. There will be low dose EpiAndro in the first half and low dose Rad in the latter for a bit of estro antagonism, and Formestane + Torem from the start, with other ancillaries as needed.

The var is a liquid we’re pretty sure isn’t var, is underdosed, or may even be bunk, but smoke em if you got em, right? I could add any of a number of dry orals to the end if I really feel the need, but a healthy appetite is key to bulking so keeping the methyl to the first 3 weeks only seems logical.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yo! Congrats! Cant say I didnt see that coming at some point even a year ago just by how you were talking about her in the car. Man, I'm very happy for you guys!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats Hyde!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Planned next cycle for bulk. Was planning Test E, but there is a lot of stuff I need to use up before oils, so I it’s gonna be the kitchen sink instead.

Essentially, it’s 80 days of LGD as the base anabolic kicked with 3 weeks of M1T, followed by 8wks of an Osta/1Andro/4Andro/Androsterone/Var stack. There will be low dose EpiAndro in the first half and low dose Rad in the latter for a bit of estro antagonism, and Formestane + Torem from the start, with other ancillaries as needed.

The var is a liquid we’re pretty sure isn’t var, is underdosed, or may even be bunk, but smoke em if you got em, right? I could add any of a number of dry orals to the end if I really feel the need, but a healthy appetite is key to bulking so keeping the methyl to the first 3 weeks only seems logical.
Looks like a fun time!!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you gents!

Yo! Congrats! Cant say I didnt see that coming at some point even a year ago just by how you were talking about her in the car. Man, I'm very happy for you guys!
I knew she was the one when she was able to do a proper bench handoff even when I was in the Slingshot. Good handlers are tough to find

Looks like a fun time!!!!
If the lethargy doesn’t kill me, it should be. 1-test derivatives historically put me on my ass, and LGD I have heard the same, but those both may just be from not having a good base under them honestly. I can always abort the Andros at any point and switch to other compounds if need be. Low test+Tvar & low Sdrol or Mbol for example.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/04/18
Cube Wk4, Day2 - Heavy Deadlift

Stiffbar Deadlift, Hookgrip
135x5
225x3
315,385,435x1
475x4
+straps
475x4 @RPE 8

Ssb Goodmorning
152x10
202 2x10

GHR
2x15

Db Curls
20,30x15
35x12
40x10

The sinus funk doesn’t actually affect my strength, only my energy - 475x4 was maximal when preparing for that show about 6 weeks ago, and now doing it for 2x4 I still have a couple reps in the tank! Overslept & had to skip some accessories

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you gents!

I knew she was the one when she was able to do a proper bench handoff even when I was in the Slingshot. Good handlers are tough to find

If the lethargy doesn’t kill me, it should be. 1-test derivatives historically put me on my ass, and LGD I have heard the same, but those both may just be from not having a good base under them honestly. I can always abort the Andros at any point and switch to other compounds if need be. Low test+Tvar & low Sdrol or Mbol for example.
Yeah lethargy could definitely be an issue with that cycle. The Androsterone and Epi-Andro may also help with that. If you had Cardarine or some TD SR9009 that would probably correct the entire scenario with the added energy from that.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah lethargy could definitely be an issue with that cycle. The Androsterone and Epi-Andro may also help with that. If you had Cardarine or some TD SR9009 that would probably correct the entire scenario with the added energy from that.
I will never touch Cardarine, despite the positive lipid effects- the translated dose from what was beginning to promote cancer in rat studies to the human equivalent is only like ~60mg. That’s entirely too close to what humans need to supplement with for my comfort.

What happened when you were jabbing that SR9009? Didn’t you have some reason you had to discontinue?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I will never touch Cardarine, despite the positive lipid effects- the translated dose from what was beginning to promote cancer in rat studies to the human equivalent is only like ~60mg. That’s entirely too close to what humans need to supplement with for my comfort.

What happened when you were jabbing that SR9009? Didn’t you have some reason you had to discontinue?
Well there is a massive difference in the livers and rats / mice do not have the ability to process PPAR's like humans do. This is why there have never been any correlating findings for the cancer when it comes to humans. It isn't just the metabolism, but an enzyme that we have in an abundance and they do not. I actually posted a peer review on it somewhere on this forum.

The SR9009 just tore me up with PIP. It just was not worth using it for me personally. My entire quad sweep would be damn near crippled for a couple days after the shots...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well there is a massive difference in the livers and rats / mice do not have the ability to process PPAR's like humans do. This is why there have never been any correlating findings for the cancer when it comes to humans. It isn't just the metabolism, but an enzyme that we have in an abundance and they do not. I actually posted a peer review on it somewhere on this forum.

The SR9009 just tore me up with PIP. It just was not worth using it for me personally. My entire quad sweep would be damn near crippled for a couple days after the shots...
Lol I see why you recommended TD

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking like I’m going to get the opportunity to finish the upcoming winter bulk with Phera Plex! Pretty stoked

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Back from Long Beach, CA

View attachment 172012

Whoa....congratulations mate!!!