77,110x12
143,165x10
187x8

Reverse Pec Deck
100x15
120,140x12

EZBar Curls
30 2x12 slow

My son came home from school acting normally, then probably 90 minutes before this session he rapidly developed a 101-102 fever - lots of RSV & some Influenza A going around his school. When we forced some ibuprofen on him he immediately threw up, so that made it a mental battle to leave to train. He was in good hands resting with my wife, but my mind was heavy & she really had to urge me to leave.

I’m glad I did - sometimes you have to accept that worrying can’t change anything, so the best thing for me to be able to care for him tomorrow is to try to keep up my self care. Went to the commercial gym, put on my earbuds & dug into the work (while I don’t yet have this flu I might end up with).

Wife kept me updated: his fever was hanging 100-101 with no ibuprofen and he went to bed well. Hopefully his fever will break overnight and I can keep him well hydrated tomorrow.
Poor little guy, hopefully his fever breaks and he gets to feeling better pretty quickly. That’s still the worst part of the flu, is when you get a high fever and just feel beat up. Hopefully he’ll be able to drink and stay hydrated. And you’re right, worrying doesn’t change a thing, and working out gives you that boost and stress release.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Most of the time I wear very old Rehband 7mm neoprene sleeves. When I get close to a meet I switch to tighter more aggressive style of neoprene that was the new thing a few years back. I have never tried the really hardcore ones all the kids today seem to have - those are $130, very difficult to get on, and apparently wear out after a couple training cycles.
I'm definitely not up on training equipment, but looking at stuff at the Arnold like the SBD table, the stiffness of some of those knee/elbow sleeves is kinda crazy to me. Some felt so thick I couldn't imagine it having any give!

My son came home from school acting normally, then probably 90 minutes before this session he rapidly developed a 101-102 fever - lots of RSV & some Influenza A going around his school. When we forced some ibuprofen on him he immediately threw up, so that made it a mental battle to leave to train. He was in good hands resting with my wife, but my mind was heavy & she really had to urge me to leave.

I’m glad I did - sometimes you have to accept that worrying can’t change anything, so the best thing for me to be able to care for him tomorrow is to try to keep up my self care. Went to the commercial gym, put on my earbuds & dug into the work (while I don’t yet have this flu I might end up with).

Wife kept me updated: his fever was hanging 100-101 with no ibuprofen and he went to bed well. Hopefully his fever will break overnight and I can keep him well hydrated tomorrow.
Hope you and the boy start to feel better soon. Definitely stuff circulating right now. My son is also dealing with something - he's got a non-stop cough that woke him up last night. Glad you got a WO in though. I debated doing mine this AM, but also decided to stick with it.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Most of the time I wear very old Rehband 7mm neoprene sleeves. When I get close to a meet I switch to tighter more aggressive style of neoprene that was the new thing a few years back. I have never tried the really hardcore ones all the kids today seem to have - those are $130, very difficult to get on, and apparently wear out after a couple training cycles.
it always cracks me up whenever the discussion comes up and I think about how long these things last

I was looking at these on Elites site and they are on sale, I don’t know how much of a difference 5mm- 7mm feels.

These that are 5mm can you wear them the whole time at the gym or is it to uncomfortable?
having had 2 or 3 pairs I highly recommend (as you're already doing) Rehbands (obviously) and the 7mm. I honestly think 5mm are a waste of money, personally. they don't last as long. the 7mms stay where they are supposed to be. I usually take mine off when my session is complete but have been known to leave them on even during cardio and a few times after a session really smoked me I even drove home in them and took them off at home.

I don't wash mine as often as I probably should be damn these things have lasted YEARS. Mine are from AT LEAST before 2016. I don't really remember "why" I got them, but I never squat without them now. I deadlift with them 99% of the time unless it's a super light day and I'm rushed.

hopefully little dude recovers fast!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys. No fever this morning. He feels pretty bad and getting an ear infection from it, but staying well hydrated and no vomiting (even with milk).

And you’re right, worrying doesn’t change a thing, and working out gives you that boost and stress release.
It made a huge difference for me, mentally. You have to focus under the weight; there’s no room for anything else to occupy space in your head in those moments.

I'm definitely not up on training equipment, but looking at stuff at the Arnold like the SBD table, the stiffness of some of those knee/elbow sleeves is kinda crazy to me. Some felt so thick I couldn't imagine it having any give!

Hope you and the boy start to feel better soon. Definitely stuff circulating right now. My son is also dealing with something - he's got a non-stop cough that woke him up last night. Glad you got a WO in though. I debated doing mine this AM, but also decided to stick with it.
Those sleeves by all reports seem good for 20lbs or so for most. Maybe more. I’ll probably get some at some point for a comp, but it’s hard to pull the trigger!

Good job getting it in. My logic was, I might end up with this flu, so it’s extra important not to miss sessions yet in case I am forced onto the bench.

We all walk a line w ebb and flow of getting it done in the gym and for our loved ones. You sound like an amazing dad. Anyone can be a sperm donor, not everyone can be a true father. Hope your little guy feels better.
I always wanted to be a dad when I was little. Then later in my early 20s I really wasn’t sure I wanted kids at all - I was beginning to understand how much they changed things for people. But by the time my wife decided she really wanted another, to do it all over again, I had come back around. I was old enough to realize the entire reason children are so rewarding & valuable, is because of the effort they take to raise well.

Lifting weights has taught me the only things in life that will truly feel valuable are what you have to work hard for.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I got mine years ago on craigslist, and looking in my area still shows a lot of options on there. I did qualify for one via my Dr but it was cheaper to buy it myself then use insurance at the time lol.
Thanks! I’ll give it a look

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
3/13/24
BW 252.2

Bench
45,45,135,205x5
275,325x1
260x8,8,8,7,9

Smith Low Incline
+90x18,19,20

Dips
BW 3x15

NG Midgrip Lat Pulldowns
77,110x12
143,165x10
187x8

Reverse Pec Deck
100x15
120,140x12

EZBar Curls
30 2x12 slow

The Petri dish is ripe this time of year. Our kid had a few quick 24 hr bugs but nothing stuck. Hopefully the same for yours.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sleep study went very poorly - laid on my back for 3 hours trying to fall asleep unsuccessfully, but after my son woke up in the middle of the night I threw in the towel and rolled onto my stomach. Supposed to try to get 6 hours of sleep, so I canceled my gym alarm then. Still took another hour to fall asleep probably, woke up a bunch of times to reposition, rose at 7am when my wife’s alarm went off.

Going to in-laws tonight to stay over before an early drive tomorrow to Indy for my wife to do an amateur comp to try to get a USS Nationals invite. Also, my son is home again today since he’s still technically contagious, so I can’t lift in the garage on lunch. So my only window to train this morning became a bit of a take-it-or-leave-it joke!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3/15/24
BW 251.6

Deadlift, stiffbar
45,135,225x5
315,365x1
+belt
415,455,475x1
+straps
405x6

CS Tbar Row
45,90x12
135x15

Did this in 40 minutes today. Had planned to pull 495 today, but my body said 475 was the limit - even 405 after felt like a million pounds. Which was kind of mind-blowing, but you can’t be in a deficit, overly busy with life, have a cold, get horrible sleep, no warmup, no rest between sets and really expect much, can you? So from that lens, and considering it was this or nothing, I’m glad I went in. I also had to bring my belt in a notch, and it was still not competition tight.

I even remember thanking God as I chalked my hands & turned the metal up for this opportunity to get after it - today was still a good day!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sleep study went very poorly - laid on my back for 3 hours trying to fall asleep unsuccessfully, but after my son woke up in the middle of the night I threw in the towel and rolled onto my stomach. Supposed to try to get 6 hours of sleep, so I canceled my gym alarm then. Still took another hour to fall asleep probably, woke up a bunch of times to reposition, rose at 7am when my wife’s alarm went off.

Going to in-laws tonight to stay over before an early drive tomorrow to Indy for my wife to do an amateur comp to try to get a USS Nationals invite. Also, my son is home again today since he’s still technically contagious, so I can’t lift in the garage on lunch. So my only window to train this morning became a bit of a take-it-or-leave-it joke!
I had to do a sleep study a few years back, but that Doctor brought me into their facility where they had bedrooms and everything setup really well, but the same thing happened to me…. I could not get to sleep. I figured it was the added pressure of trying to get in enough sleep for the test and I stayed up all night. So when they rescheduled, I only slept a couple of hours the night before and then at the study, the next night, I slept like a baby.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Love me some edibles, but there are plenty of studies showing cannabis inhibits REM. I like them for training some days lol
Watched a video of Dorian Yates saying he uses a sativa concentrate b4 he goes cycling. Says he gets into a zone and focused etc. He was VERY convincing in his argument. I drank 2 dark roast coffees, took 3-5 rips off my sativa cartridge, and hopped on the treadmill. I did not have a “Yates” like experience. It was the longest, most grueling 30 min I had ever done.
example 2,986 of how we are all different and respond differently to things.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Watched a video of Dorian Yates saying he uses a sativa concentrate b4 he goes cycling. Says he gets into a zone and focused etc. He was VERY convincing in his argument. I drank 2 dark roast coffees, took 3-5 rips off my sativa cartridge, and hopped on the treadmill. I did not have a “Yates” like experience. It was the longest, most grueling 30 min I had ever done.
example 2,986 of how we are all different and respond differently to things.
🤣

Yates and Panora both are fans of the THC for reps method. It works well for me on rep days, I would never do it for real heavy days though.

I’ll bet if you went for a bike ride it would be better than that torture device.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
🤣

Yates and Panora both are fans of the THC for reps method. It works well for me on rep days, I would never do it for real heavy days though.

I’ll bet if you went for a bike ride it would be better than that torture device.
I love sativa on my Harley but that’s a diff bike ride
But I agree, hamster wheel sux

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I had to do a sleep study a few years back, but that Doctor brought me into their facility where they had bedrooms and everything setup really well, but the same thing happened to me…. I could not get to sleep. I figured it was the added pressure of trying to get in enough sleep for the test and I stayed up all night. So when they rescheduled, I only slept a couple of hours the night before and then at the study, the next night, I slept like a baby.
Very glad I preemptively sacrificed the training time in the morning to help log more time. Got my results back already, and they were successfully able to diagnose me with Moderate Obsructive Sleep Apnea.

AHI was 18.7, as in I suffered total or significant blockage of air for at least 10 seconds/incident an average of EIGHTEEN times per hour.

2-year script for an APAP is in hand, and because Gem Sleep lets you apply the $189 home study fee towards a starter bundle, I got a new Luna G3 APAP, full face mask, hose, 3 months of filters/pads for 898 - so $1,087 total cost, done entirely out of pocket for a 2-year script & machine/mask w/ 2-year warranty.

Only took 1 week from ordering the study to diagnosis, script, and ordering my gear. Can’t beat that!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Very glad I preemptively sacrificed the training time in the morning to help log more time. Got my results back already, and they were successfully able to diagnose me with Moderate Obsructive Sleep Apnea.

AHI was 18.7, as in I suffered total or significant blockage of air for at least 10 seconds/incident an average of EIGHTEEN times per hour.

2-year script for an APAP is in hand, and because Gem Sleep lets you apply the $189 home study fee towards a starter bundle, I got a new Luna G3 APAP, full face mask, hose, 3 months of filters/pads for 898 - so $1,087 total cost, done entirely out of pocket for a 2-year script & machine/mask w/ 2-year warranty.

Only took 1 week from ordering the study to diagnosis, script, and ordering my gear. Can’t beat that!
18 times a hour and they say that is moderate ? Man I bet that is going to change your life for the better big time! Glad you got it done and price wise doesn’t seem to crazy in the grand scheme of things.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
18 times a hour and they say that is moderate ? Man I bet that is going to change your life for the better big time! Glad you got it done and price wise doesn’t seem to crazy in the grand scheme of things.
Yeah and this was on my stomach, on a cruise with smaller neck & shoulders & face - as good as my score could possibly get at this bodyfat. If I fall asleep on my back I snore like a grizzly.

I’m very excited to begin the transition. I know it will be tough as I am naturally claustrophobic, but I also know how incredibly rested I felt weighing just 230lbs while taking 2iu GH before bed. And my blood thickness was well in range on twice the gear. I’m just too small at that weight to do what I want to do. So I’m doing this to square my competitive goals with my responsibility to stay alive to my son.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Went to in-laws Friday night to stay the night with my sons. The wife & I left before dawn Saturday to finish the drive to Lafayette, IN so she could do a local strongman show to earn an invite to USS Nationals as an amateur middleweight. She knows a lot of people going to that, and the events are pretty core strongman things overall she’d like to get back to training.

There was nobody else in her class so it was a shoe-in victory, but it made for a great fun training day and we focused on getting good work in. She pulled a single at 295 double-overhand without straps, ran a fast light yoke/farmers walk medley, did a 3-log press ladder knocking out 10 reps on the last 120lb log, carried a 175 sandbag for 200ft, and loaded a 120lb stone over bar back and forth for over TEN MINUTES. I capped her at 10 minutes of playing around. The stones were far too light for the women for a last-man-standing stoneoff.

Every single show we go to, multiple people will be surprised I’m not weighing in or when they realize I’m not lifting. So if that ever stops happening, I will know I need to quit lifting or try harder

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Went to in-laws Friday night to stay the night with my sons. The wife & I left before dawn Saturday to finish the drive to Lafayette, IN so she could do a local strongman show to earn an invite to USS Nationals as an amateur middleweight. She knows a lot of people going to that, and the events are pretty core strongman things overall she’d like to get back to training.

There was nobody else in her class so it was a shoe-in victory, but it made for a great fun training day and we focused on getting good work in. She pulled a single at 295 double-overhand without straps, ran a fast light yoke/farmers walk medley, did a 3-log press ladder knocking out 10 reps on the last 120lb log, carried a 175 sandbag for 200ft, and loaded a 120lb stone over bar back and forth for over TEN MINUTES. I capped her at 10 minutes of playing around. The stones were far too light for the women for a last-man-standing stoneoff.

Every single show we go to, multiple people will be surprised I’m not weighing in or when they realize I’m not lifting. So if that ever stops happening, I will know I need to quit lifting or try harder
Sounds like she had some fun and got an invite for the Nationals. I bet a lot of them think you compete in Strongman contests when you go with your wife. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the coaches would try to talk you into it…..trying to convince you to come on over to the wild side.😎

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like she had some fun and got an invite for the Nationals. I bet a lot of them think you compete in Strongman contests when you go with your wife. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the coaches would try to talk you into it…..trying to convince you to come on over to the wild side.
They always do, especially when they learn you have experience already. I helped a few guys yesterday, some very new and another very experienced. He showed me a cool trick as well, these Vicks inhaler sticks you shove up your nose in place of ammonia to help hype up. Ammonia is definitely superior, but it really aggravates sinuses - these are kind of a free pass & still help open you up.

I always try to pan for gold & tidbits at every comp I go to.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Sounds like it was a good time! She was really getting after it!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad she had fun, and you all got what you went for.

I can totally see why they would be surprised, you are built like a strongman especially those crazy delts!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3/18/24

Banded Angels, Pullaparts, Snatches
KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlifts
BW Squat

Squat, powerbar
45,155x5
265x3
353x1
+belt
419,463x1

Frontsquat
155x3
200x8,5 *disc slipped here*

Beltsquat March
90x2 minutes

Lots of shoulder mobility

Widegrip Lat Pulldown
80x12
120 3x15

Standing Band Leg Curl
Light 3x20/leg

Band TKE
Light 1x50/leg

HS Wide NG CSR
90 3x20

Band GM
Avg 1x25

Plan was to hit a nice very easy single on squat quickly, then do the real work on Frontsquat volume for several sets of 8. Left knee was hurting at the top of all the fronts, so I was going slow, keeping tension on the muscle, not locking out hard. But I believe I must have sat further back on some reps to protect the knee & likely butt-winked with the extra depth. Felt a distinct pop & shooting pain and dumped the bar.

I find it extra hard to stomach that I was injured when the plan was very intentionally so mild & the weight was so very light for me, but you get what you get. I’m honestly not even that frustrated, besides the tremendous amount of pain and disfunction I’m in.

Been using ibuprofen, curcumin, heat, lots of stretching/mobility work & 400lb reverse hypers to try to keep pulling my hips straight as they get locked up. It’s pulling my torso down over to the right hand side instead of being able to stand straight.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. Hate it when my body makes an audible sound followed by pain and or discomfort. I wish you a speedy recovery

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ah man, sorry to hear that! And yeah, I feel you on it happening on a (relatively) lighter load. You always at least want it to be a good story

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Felt a distinct pop & shooting pain and dumped the bar.

I find it extra hard to stomach that I was injured when the plan was very intentionally so mild & the weight was so very light for me, but you get what you get. I’m honestly not even that frustrated, besides the tremendous amount of pain and disfunction I’m in.

Been using ibuprofen, curcumin, heat, lots of stretching/mobility work & 400lb reverse hypers to try to keep pulling my hips straight as they get locked up. It’s pulling my torso down over to the right hand side instead of being able to stand straight.
was it a familiar injury that you think have had to rebuild before or something new? if anyone can asses, rebuild and get through it, it's you.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ah man, sorry to hear that! And yeah, I feel you on it happening on a (relatively) lighter load. You always at least want it to be a good story
Right?! Or at least to feel like I “was asking for it” on some level. A red and a green plate on the power bar is technically 199.x lbs - not even actually 200! I just moved a little funny to help protect my knee and POW

Got an appointment with my ART guy tomorrow evening, so he can give me any tricks he has.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
A red and a green plate on the power bar is technically 199.x lbs - not even actually 200! I just moved a little funny to help protect my knee and POW
sometimes it's just life, right? I had a buddy busting his butt back in the xfit days. he was never a competitive beast, but he definitely built himself into a bigger beast than he was. maybe a 315lb deadlift for instance. months of hard work and personal improvement. tweaked his back pulling a 5lb rock out of the garden and laid him up for a long time.

of course, one type of person might persevere and find a solution through that quicker another might use the sore back as a reason not to lift anymore.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
was it a familiar injury that you think have had to rebuild before or something new? if anyone can asses, rebuild and get through it, it's you.
Yeah I have, I have herniated my back multiple times over the years. Initially from deadlifting with a poor brace many years ago, moving through flexion during the lift. But also had some aggravations later on occasionally with frontsquats.

It’s funny to me I did 520 just 6 weeks ago, yet it only took 200lbs on an odd day to lay me low. But I have definitely heard of many lifters getting taken out with bending over to pick up a sock or get their kid out of the car as well. So life does happen.

I tore my bicep moving a tv. Not a cool story
Some of those TVs were no joke back in the day, though:

IMG_9277.JPG

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Jeez dude I hope you are feeling better soon!

Has it got you laid up?

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh man that sucks, especially considering you were being cautious. Hopefully it’s not too bad and you’ll be able to work it out.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hope it heals up quick. I think sometimes people think these injuries are going to happen in some giant blaze of glory, but I see them a lot in the more random instances. Like when it’s time to go things just go.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
But I have definitely heard of many lifters getting taken out with bending over to pick up a sock or get their kid out of the car as well.
Hope it heals up quick. I think sometimes people think these injuries are going to happen in some giant blaze of glory, but I see them a lot in the more random instances. Like when it’s time to go things just go.
for sure. buddy of mine from our old pre AM forum was a beast of a lifter and popped a hernia through his lower ab after tying his shoes on the ground when he went to stand up and cough/sneezed at the same time. (he pushed it back and and doc said don't worry about it until it does it again, lol) Hope yours recovers quick!!

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Plan was to hit a nice very easy single on squat quickly, then do the real work on Frontsquat volume for several sets of 8. Left knee was hurting at the top of all the fronts, so I was going slow, keeping tension on the muscle, not locking out hard. But I believe I must have sat further back on some reps to protect the knee & likely butt-winked with the extra depth. Felt a distinct pop & shooting pain and dumped the bar.

Damn, that sucks Hyde. I hope you heal up quick... Its so odd, that I went 40+ years of training with no real injury (of course the shoulders always been a bit f***ked) but otherwise have always been fine.

Now the last couple of years its one after the other. (Age and wear and tear maybe).

Hopefully yours isnt too major and you recover quickly. Always a risk with lifting...
(Or doing anything physical).

Like others here have mentioned, one time I sneezed so hard I threw out my lower-back for a week. 😕:rolleyes:

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Jeez dude I hope you are feeling better soon!

Has it got you laid up?
Just a bit. Sunday night I absolutely could not sleep on my mattress in any position & had to sleep on the floor, which I’ve never had to do for a back injury. Moving anywhere was brutal.

Lots of mobility work, ibuprofen, digging into my low back muscles, moving around & standing yesterday helped a lot. Slept comfortably last night & can get in/out of bed and car okay now with focus.

Went to the barbell club this morning to do some belt squat marches, more mobility, my shoulder rehab. Did a few sit-ups on the GHD. Planning on a bit of training tomorrow night, maybe a light feet-up bench. Trying to stay active to keep things from getting too tight.

Damn, that sucks Hyde. I hope you heal up quick... Its so odd, that I went 40+ years of training with no real injury (of course the shoulders always been a bit f***ked) but otherwise have always been fine.

Now the last couple of years its one after the other. (Age and wear and tear maybe).
I have always been pretty injury-prone. When I say I have a list, I mean I have a LIST of nicks & dings I’ve experienced over the last decade to navigate. Fortunately though, I’ve only needed a couple elbow surgeries; everything else has been resolvable with time and/or rehab. There’s nothing you can do about it, except try to get back on the path.

“We didn't come this far
Just to turn around
We didn't come this far
Just to run away”

-All the Heavy Lifting, Mastodon

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Went to the barbell club this morning to do some belt squat marches, more mobility, my shoulder rehab. Did a few sit-ups on the GHD. Planning on a bit of training tomorrow night, maybe a light feet-up bench. Trying to stay active to keep things from getting too tight.
I'm pumped to watch your rehab because I know you can and I know you know how to listen to your body. you know when to push it and you know when to cool it. You can't say that about a lot of people who will either go too hard or too soft.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ART doc, who is also originally a chiro, determined my L4/L5 was out of place. He thinks I likely rotated my hip to the right slightly to protect my left knee at the bottom of the front squats. The combination of slight rotation with tight enough low back muscles under load was enough to pop things out of place.

Anyway, he adjusted me and audibly popped it back into place - immediately fixed the major list to the right I had. Gave me a couple rehab exercises to hammer and a stretch to help keep me straight, plus guidance on what he does/doesn’t want me doing the next week for rehab and training. Lots of movement, bloodflow, mobility and no spinal loading, as expected.

Very glad I have this guy in my corner!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ART doc, who is also originally a chiro, determined my L4/L5 was out of place. He thinks I likely rotated my hip to the right slightly to protect my left knee at the bottom of the front squats. The combination of slight rotation with tight enough low back muscles under load was enough to pop things out of place.

Anyway, he adjusted me and audibly popped it back into place - immediately fixed the major list to the right I had. Gave me a couple rehab exercises to hammer and a stretch to help keep me straight, plus guidance on what he does/doesn’t want me doing the next week for rehab and training. Lots of movement, bloodflow, mobility and no spinal loading, as expected.

Sounds like he knows his stuff….I’ve always appreciated a good chiropractor, that knows what they’re doing. They really are a lifesaver on many occasions.

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Great news!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Glad he was able to get after it and k ow what he is doing, sounds like you are on the recovery path!