Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You may have said this, do you know about how many calories you’re eating each day?
I believe my average is ~5k. Plenty of times at 5500, but I know there’s been a lot too where I only manage something like 4600 when we’re doing a lot of family stuff and I can’t calculate or plan as well. Those days I just make sure to drink as much soda as possible whenever it’s available - I can pad 6-800 calories with that & often salvage the day.

Or some things I don’t measure. I fill a huge glass with orange juice or whole milk, and after my meal I fill it halfway again if I have room. When I have something like ice cream or chips before bed I just try to eat until I start to get just a little sick.

The main thing is, you have to eat something when it’s time, even though you are not hungry & tired of eating. Macros are for fine tuning, but calorie balance is king. Priority #1 is just keeping logs on the fire.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You're obviously building some serious muscle mass with the weight gain. Do you have any theories long term on how much you will hold if and when you decide to cut again? Like if you were 218 last comp, do you think you'd land at 225+ with the same BF%?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
"All of them!"
I’m not even below below 2,200 calories and it seems as if I was just complaining about trying to get in 3200 but now that I’ve been in a deficit for several weeks, I could scarf down 4,000+ the next 7 days and still be hungry. I can’t imagine 5,000-5,500 for more than a day or two. It’s very impressive and just shows the dedication.

it’s crazy how much your appetite will change throughout the course of a bulk or cutting phase.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You're obviously building some serious muscle mass with the weight gain. Do you have any theories long term on how much you will hold if and when you decide to cut again? Like if you were 218 last comp, do you think you'd land at 225+ with the same BF%?
Probably a few lbs heavier, because it’s been another year of consistent training with blasting & cruising. But the things to consider are total androgen & volume exposure over the year. I didn’t reach new peak bodyweights, my total androgen usage is probably similar, so it’s going to come down to how much work I did and any net benefits from better use of tertiary enhancers like HGH & L-Carnitine, and nutrition manipulation.

A pro bodybuilder pushing double the drugs as me, with dialed nutrition, while busting his chops to put on size specifically has a phenomenal year if he could add 10lbs of stageweight.

I’m not even below below 2,200 calories and it seems as if I was just complaining about trying to get in 3200 but now that I’ve been in a deficit for several weeks, I could scarf down 4,000+ the next 7 days and still be hungry. I can’t imagine 5,000-5,500 for more than a day or two. It’s very impressive and just shows the dedication.

it’s crazy how much your appetite will change throughout the course of a bulk or cutting phase.
Yes it is - the body craves homeostasis, so when you need to cut, you become insatiable, and when you are trying to grow you barely appreciate anything you eat.

Sometimes I sit down to a meal occasionally and I do enjoy it - I try to appreciate those moments, because I remember what I would give for them when I am 3 days into a fast. But I still have to keep focused and get it down before I hit the wall. I have been eating a lot of pasta lately, with whole milk and white bread/bagels on the side.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, honestly I feel like it would be harder to force feed than to restrict calories. I mean I can deal with being a little fatigued, and hungry, but having my food try to come back up on me, or be hard to get down just sounds way worse. I have never really had to try to eat a lot to gain weight though. Then again, I have never pushed myself like you are with food either.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, honestly I feel like it would be harder to force feed than to restrict calories. I mean I can deal with being a little fatigued, and hungry, but having my food try to come back up on me, or be hard to get down just sounds way worse. I have never really had to try to eat a lot to gain weight though. Then again, I have never pushed myself like you are with food either.
seems like the answer is always right in the middle. walking around at 16% with mediocre speed or lifts or athletic ability is a great way to be the top 5% of society but getting down sub 8% bf or getting up with that 600+lb deadlift.... those are elite accomplishments with elite work required

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did not train last night. My son’s gymnastics class got moved to Wednesdays & it was my turn to take him. By the time I got him home and fed it was 7:45pm already, and I was exhausted - just not ready to put 500lbs on my back.

Just got back from donating a pint.

Hemoglobin was 18.6, so this should be a nice little boost. That should put hematocrit around 55, for reference (HCT often ~3x HGB). Pretty happy with that considering my last drop was 9.5 months ago, and I’ve been on moderately elevated testosterone the lion’s share of that time without using any IP6. But now that test was doubled and Anadrol added, it was especially important to make room for the downstream blood upregulation to come. And just keep things safer right now with everything pushed so high (bodyweight, dosages, lifting intensity).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/14/23
BW 264.2

Split Squat
BW 2x10

KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlift

Squat, Texas squatbar
55 2x5
165,275x3
385x2
+belt & sleeves
441,495,529x2
551x1
385 2x5

Reverse Hyper
360,450,500,540x15 PR

Tonight felt really good. 551 definitely feels like an opener, maybe a little less - like I could rep it. Next week I’ll be maxing out so I wanted to touch ~90% to prepare.

Felt a lot more endurance/faster recovery between sets having donated today. All that bull crap about not lifting when you donate is tailored to gen pop, who A. Can’t stand the thought of being uncomfortable when “working out” & B. Aren’t overloaded with blood prior!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
All that bull crap about not lifting when you donate is tailored to gen pop, who A. Can’t stand the thought of being uncomfortable when “working out”
reminds me of the 'perceived exertion' discussion I had brought up before. gen pop doesn't really know how to differentiate between productive discomfort and injury.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/15/23

Bird Dogs
Hip Stretch

Circuit:
Miniband Pullaparts 4x25
Cable Tri Pressdown 40,50,50x25
HS CSR 45 2x25

Dynamic Bench
45 3x5
+doubled microbands
45x5
+30 chain
45x5
155 5x5

Floorpress
45,135,225x5
275,305,325,335x3 PR

Elbow definitely has more mobility again since starting ART, and 335x3 was easy - saving the storm for maxing out bench this coming Tuesday.

Had ART about 90 minutes after this and it’s crazy how things just seem to get a bit better every single time. My shoulders are staying looser/less bound, elbow can get into greater ROM of pain-free flexion again, and he loosened up some pec tissue at the sternum to relieve pain/tightness on the outside of my right pec. Feeling good!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Killing it as usual! Gotta love when the PR's just keep rolling in!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/17/23

CSR
KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlift
Split Squats

Deadlift, Kabuki deadlift bar
154,264x3
374x1
+belt
418 5x1 EMOM
485x1

Lat Pulldown
5 light slow easy sets

HS CSR
90 4x12, varying grips

Light Hammercurls

Bit of deadlift practice and pump. Feeling thick as a brick!

IMG_8603.JPG

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Probably a few lbs heavier, because it’s been another year of consistent training with blasting & cruising. But the things to consider are total androgen & volume exposure over the year. I didn’t reach new peak bodyweights, my total androgen usage is probably similar, so it’s going to come down to how much work I did and any net benefits from better use of tertiary enhancers like HGH & L-Carnitine, and nutrition manipulation.

A pro bodybuilder pushing double the drugs as me, with dialed nutrition, while busting his chops to put on size specifically has a phenomenal year if he could add 10lbs of stageweight.

Yes it is - the body craves homeostasis, so when you need to cut, you become insatiable, and when you are trying to grow you barely appreciate anything you eat.

Sometimes I sit down to a meal occasionally and I do enjoy it - I try to appreciate those moments, because I remember what I would give for them when I am 3 days into a fast. But I still have to keep focused and get it down before I hit the wall. I have been eating a lot of pasta lately, with whole milk and white bread/bagels on the side.
Nothing more true than the last part..I'm almost 2 weeks outta the cut and I'm already tired of "off plan" meals bit it's time to grow again and food is priority #1

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
9/17/23

CSR
KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlift
Split Squats

154,264x3
374x1
+belt
418 5x1 EMOM
485x1

Lat Pulldown
5 light slow easy sets

HS CSR
90 4x12, varying grips

Light Hammercurls

Bit of deadlift practice and pump. Feeling thick as a brick!

View attachment 235998
Looking thick and strong…..and looks like this time everything is really dialed in with no big setbacks. Seems like everything is getting loosened up with ART lately and has been the perfect timing, and PRs are always confirmation that everything is working.💪

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking thick with those damn cannonball delts, and tree trunk legs!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My stepdaughter asked us last week if we would write her a program to start lifting again (she competed in powerlifting in her very early teenage years). She mainly wants to improve her health and the size of her ass, but she understands she has her mother’s natural strength & will need to build that foundation back up to get a squat booty again.

Got her on a Greyskull Linear Periodization plan, A-B-A full body rotating workouts every time & training 3x/wk or eod. So she can establish a base of strength while we get her form dialed in safely in the garage.

So far she’s done both sessions (squat, bench, inverted rows, rdls / lunges, strictpress, deadlift, bb rows) successfully and everything already looks really solid, besides some over-extension causing buttwink on her squat.

I hope she stays with it! She has a lot of potential. She squat 143, benched 77, & pulled 187lbs when she was 12 years old at 114lbs (she’s currently 119lbs).

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My stepdaughter asked us last week if we would write her a program to start lifting again (she competed in powerlifting in her very early teenage years). She mainly wants to improve her health and the size of her ass, but she understands she has her mother’s natural strength & will need to build that foundation back up to get a squat booty again.

Got her on a Greyskull Linear Periodization plan, A-B-A full body rotating workouts every time & training 3x/wk or eod. So she can establish a base of strength while we get her form dialed in safely in the garage.

So far she’s done both sessions (squat, bench, inverted rows, rdls / lunges, strictpress, deadlift, bb rows) successfully and everything already looks really solid, besides some over-extension causing buttwink on her squat.

I hope she stays with it! She has a lot of potential. She squat 143, benched 77, & pulled 187lbs when she was 12 years old at 114lbs (she’s currently 119lbs).
Awesome, and impressive numbers for a 12 year old for sure.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/19/23
BW 265.0 yesterday

Hip Stretches

Band Pullaparts, Tris, Rows, Flyes, Dislocations

Bench, Ohio powerbar
44 2x5
154x3
220,275,314,352,380x1
401 MISS

380 moved well, & I’m glad I went for 401 - when it stalled out 3/4 of the way up, I didn’t even really understand what was happening. When I brought it down initially I thought I had pulled it too far to the left & screwed myself, so I panicked & flared my elbows right off the chest instead of keeping them tucked. This left me with no leverage to drive through to lockout when my chest drive finally ran out:

IMG_8623.JPG

I am bummed I wasn’t able to complete the lift, but I do believe 402 is on the table for the comp. Plan is to take 380 on my second and 402 for my third if I feel strong that day.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Both of those would be a competition PR right?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ve done 391 in comp. So 380 would just help make a decent total and let me gauge how much power I have left.
Oh got ya. I knew it was getting close to 400 but forgot exactly how much. Well here's to hoping for that 402!!!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
at 119 I'd be impressed but at 114 that 12yr old girl could haul a dude out of a burning building. even in xfit I knew competitive girls squatting in the 200s but couldn't pull to save their lives.

When I brought it down initially I thought I had pulled it too far to the left & screwed myself, so I panicked & flared my elbows right off the chest instead of keeping them tucked. This left me with no leverage to drive through to lockout when my chest drive finally ran out:
knowing you, I have zero doubt you'll get it if it sounds like it was just a form/technical issue. You aren't going to take another shot at 400+ before comp at this point are you?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
knowing you, I have zero doubt you'll get it if it sounds like it was just a form/technical issue. You aren't going to take another shot at 400+ before comp at this point are you?
No, I don’t think so. I need to max out on Squat Friday morning, so that’s going to use up all the rest of my recovery for this week, and I don’t think maxing out less than 2 weeks from the comp would be productive.

I know where I’m at. I know I should not attempt 408 at the meet, and 380 was easy.

You got 402lbs at the meet. Knowing were your form broke a little and why you missed it will be correctable at the meet.
Yeah I feel good about it. I still have a few bench sessions to polish technique up.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Does over-reaching on bench cook you for deadlift?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Does over-reaching on bench cook you for deadlift?
It did not for me. They take the bar so quickly if any reverse in direction, so the struggle doesn't last too long, and doesn't wear the back out, or did not for me on my failed attempt. I was strong as a bull for my pulls.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It did not for me. They take the bar so quickly if any reverse in direction, so the struggle doesn't last too long, and doesn't wear the back out, or did not for me on my failed attempt. I was strong as a bull for my pulls.
Yeah I feel that. I shot so far past my old PR on deadlifts at a meet. And a couple people told me I made it look easy. I don’t know what it is, but yeah, strong as all heck on deads, even after failing bench.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No, I don’t think so. I need to max out on Squat Friday morning, so that’s going to use up all the rest of my recovery for this week, and I don’t think maxing out less than 2 weeks from the comp would be productive.

I know where I’m at. I know I should not attempt 408 at the meet, and 380 was easy.

Yeah I feel good about it. I still have a few bench sessions to polish technique up.
That’s probably a smart move not maxing out anymore on bench before the competition. Your in a good place, knowing you can hit 380 then go for 402….you’ve got this. Knowing what went wrong on your miss is half the battle. Having to correct technique is way better than just not having the strength. It still looks like you will beat your best on all your lifts and total, and that 402 bench is icing on the cake.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/22/23
BW 266.0 yesterday

Jigsaw lower body
Split Squat
KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlift

Squat, Texas squatbar
55 2x5
165,275x3
385x1
+belt & sleeves
451,518,570,606,622x1 PR

264x3
374x2
+belt
440,485,529x1

Biggest squat of my life; today was a great day. 622 was faster & easier than 606, too. It was not the limit, not at all. Should have taken at least 633, but we were already well past the goal & this was the first time I’ve ever done 600+ twice in one day. This sets me up to take 644 for a 3rd attempt.

Woke up yesterday hacking yellow mucus and it was even worse today, so to be so strong even while sick bodes well for the meet.

IMG_8635.JPG

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
9/22/23
BW 266.0 yesterday

Jigsaw lower body
Split Squat
KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlift

Squat, Texas squatbar
55 2x5
165,275x3
385x1
+belt & sleeves
451,518,570,606,622x1 PR

264x3
374x2
+belt
440,485,529x1

Biggest squat of my life; today was a great day. 622 was faster & easier than 606, too. It was not the limit, not at all. Should have taken at least 633, but we were already well past the goal & this was the first time I’ve ever done 600+ twice in one day. This sets me up to take 644 for a 3rd attempt.

Woke up yesterday hacking yellow mucus and it was even worse today, so to be so strong even while sick bodes well for the meet.

View attachment 236147
Wow, now that’s a heavy leg day…..A 622 squat after a 606, something tells me this is going to be a good meet, especially if you hit, no, when you hit 644…..Beastmode 💪💪💪🏆

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Love hearing about that lifetime PR and after another 600+ squat already. Exciting stuff. Hope the snotty situation clears up quickly, but I know you have bronkaid for those rough days.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
9/22/23
BW 266.0 yesterday

Jigsaw lower body
Split Squat
KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlift

Squat, Texas squatbar
55 2x5
165,275x3
385x1
+belt & sleeves
451,518,570,606,622x1 PR

264x3
374x2
+belt
440,485,529x1

View attachment 236147
Congratulations man!
On the road to 700!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/24/23

Miniband Pullaparts 4x25
Tri Pressdown 3x25
Flies
Dislocations

Dynamic Bench, Ohio powerbar
44x5
+doubled minis
44,88x5
154 5x5

Wide NG Lat Pulldown
60,100x20
120,140x15
140x10

EZBar Tr Extension
+50x15,10,10

EZBar Curls
Empty 2x12 tempo

DB Shoulder Press
20 2x12

Blowing a ton of snot, but it felt good to some great bench practice in. Everything else was very focused hypertrophy, trying to get quality movement with superior elbow flexion & rebuild that end ROM function as much as possible. Practicing better movement, essentially.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hopefully all the blowing of snot means you are starting to clear up.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wish that were true for me. I’ve been spitting up funk for a month with no end in sight.
Yeah after a couple weeks, it’s time to pull the antibiotics card for me. Unless you had a virus confirmed by physician of course. My stepdaughter already tested negative for COVID here.

I’ve got a Zpack I’m sitting on I’ll drop next week if there’s been no change with all the yellow, but I won’t do that lightly - I’ll be on orals again that week heading into the meet, so antibiotics with those is asking for gut destruction.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah after a couple weeks, it’s time to pull the antibiotics card for me. Unless you had a virus confirmed by physician of course. My stepdaughter already tested negative for COVID here.

I’ve got a Zpack I’m sitting on I’ll drop next week if there’s been no change with all the yellow, but I won’t do that lightly - I’ll be on orals again that week heading into the meet, so antibiotics with those is asking for gut destruction.
I ain’t got no insurance. If I’m still in the funk a month from now when I start work, I’ll get some medication for sure.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
May have asked this before, but what's the difference between the Texas vs Ohio bar?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
May have asked this before, but what's the difference between the Texas vs Ohio bar?
Normally nothing, but the Ohio power bar they use in competition is often the IPF-approved 20kg/44lb variant instead of the normal 45lb - and that 1lb is shaved from the width of the collars, making them much thinner. So just like calibrated plates are thinner & bring the weight closer to you, so too does the kg version of the OPB.

Just nice to train with the most specific gear you can when you are practicing very close. But you still have to be ready for whatever ultimately. Sometimes the person bringing X equipment doesn’t show up at the last minute.