44 2x5
134x5
220x3
264,296,319,347x1
374,401x1 yellow ss PR
330 4x3 volume pr

Pec minor stretch
Eccentric curls

Pretty happy with how fast 347 moved, & the 401. This was the session I needed to have so I can go after 400 raw in a couple weeks.

Looking forward to my next ART session later today.
It’s pretty cool seeing someone at this level steadily putting in PRs. It just goes to show when you do it the right way you will have continuous improvement and reach your goals.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s pretty cool seeing someone at this level steadily putting in PRs. It just goes to show when you do it the right way you will have continuous improvement and reach your goals.
You know, I was thinking about this…someone just casually following this thread recently might be inclined to think this is what it’s like usually. They wouldn’t have seen the last time I weighed this much was 12 months ago, the 40lb cut since then before regaining the weight, all the hypertrophy/volume/weak point training that was carried out to reinforce & improve my base so that finally now, heading back to the top of the pyramid, new heights can be reached.

It’s been a year in the making, and it feels damn good to finally see some ROI!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You know, I was thinking about this…someone just casually following this thread recently might be inclined to think this is what it’s like usually. They wouldn’t have seen the last time I weighed this much was 12 months ago, the 40lb cut since then before regaining the weight, all the hypertrophy/volume/weak point training that was carried out to reinforce & improve my base so that finally now, heading back to the top of the pyramid, new heights can be reached.

It’s been a year in the making, and it feels damn good to finally see some ROI!
And we all know a foundation of rock is way stronger than a foundation of sand…..It just takes more patience, time, and effort to drill down into the core of that stone, but we are all witnesses to your year of hard work and the rewards it brings. To be honest the challenges I’ve seen you, Kleen and Rocket battle through has been motivation for me and the injuries I’ve battled myself old and new this year to keep pushing through.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
And we all know a foundation of rock is way stronger than a foundation of sand…..It just takes more patience, time, and effort to drill down into the core of that stone, but we are all witnesses to your year of hard work and the rewards it brings. To be honest the challenges I’ve seen you, Kleen and Rocket battle through has been motivation for me and the injuries I’ve battled myself old and new this year to keep pushing through.
That’s a great compliment; thank you sir.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/6/23
BW 261.6

3 min cycle

Split Squat
BW 2x10

KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlift

Squat, Texas squatbar
55 2x5
165,275,339x3
+belt
407 5x3

Reverse Hyper
360x20
450 3x15

Lying Leg Curl
90 2x12

Just touching the squat bar in prep for testing in a couple weeks. This would decidedly be a deload session, after deadlifts felt so heavy last Sunday and since I will be maxing out this Sunday. Squats moved well.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde watching you navigate your training is always a lesson in fluidity! Your understanding of your programming, and intent towards your goals at all times is just a great thing for all of us to see. You set a great example here by doing the damn work systematically to get the job done, and your pivots are always still in line with the main focus of improving yourself to reach your end goal.
@gphagan1 Thanks for including me on this, that is a very nice compliment to be included with these fine gentlemen that I see as great leaders on this board!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde watching you navigate your training is always a lesson in fluidity! Your understanding of your programming, and intent towards your goals at all times is just a great thing for all of us to see. You set a great example here by doing the damn work systematically to get the job done, and your pivots are always still in line with the main focus of improving yourself to reach your end goal.

@gphagan1 Thanks for including me on this, that is a very nice compliment to be included with these fine gentlemen that I see as great leaders on this board!!!
It’s not perfect/maximized training, by a long shot, and I won’t pretend that there aren’t plenty of times where I could have done more or better somehow - but this is what it is.

Like for example last night, it was wife’s turn for gymnastics with son this week, so I started training earlier. New kid at the barbell club, very strong, wants help on his deadlift. So I sunk time into helping him, but I still needed to be home by 8:30 for my son’s bedtime to tuck him in - because I said I would be to him. It was 8pm before I knew it, so I didn’t do as much accessory as I would have liked.

But the #1 thing to me was not missing that moment with my son, and also the goal of tonight was to practice/maintain qualities while not impacting my max deadlift coming up. I got to tuck my son in, and I am actually plenty sore today & had good squat practice, so mission accomplished.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s not perfect/maximized training, by a long shot, and I won’t pretend that there aren’t plenty of times where I could have done more or better somehow - but this is what it is.

Like for example last night, it was wife’s turn for gymnastics with son this week, so I started training earlier. New kid at the barbell club, very strong, wants help on his deadlift. So I sunk time into helping him, but I still needed to be home by 8:30 for my son’s bedtime to tuck him in - because I said I would be to him. It was 8pm before I knew it, so I didn’t do as much accessory as I would have liked.

But the #1 thing to me was not missing that moment with my son, and also the goal of tonight was to practice/maintain qualities while not impacting my max deadlift coming up. I got to tuck my son in, and I am actually plenty sore today & had good squat practice, so mission accomplished.
You kept the proper thing in the right order, your family and son first, and even though helping that kid took time away, that good deed will return good back to you. And I bet you didn’t lose any ground whatsoever.😇

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You kept the proper thing in the right order, your family and son first, and even though helping that kid took time away, that good deed will return good back to you. And I bet you didn’t lose any ground whatsoever.😇
Agreed! Family First, and mentoring the up and coming crop of muscle ambassadors is always a good use of time. Sounds like you got in exactly what you needed and having a lil less of a recovery hole to dig out of isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/8/23

Miniband Pullaparts
4x25
Cable Tri Pressdown
50 2x25
Miniband Rows
2x15

Band Rotators & Dislocations

Dynamic Bench
45x10
+doubled micros
45,95x5
155 5x5

Floorpress
45,135,185,225x8
255,275,295,315x6 PR

DB Rolling Tri Ext
25,35,45x21

Pec Minor Stretch
DB Eccentric Curls

NG Wide Lat Pulldown
80 2x12 slowwww tempo/squeeze

ART yesterday was 4th session; getting some ROM back in my elbow and things are feeling better again. Took the renewed opportunity to practice my bench technique touching today (where I would recently get pain & do weird things like flare to avoid the flexion). PR strength on Floorpress lets me know things are heading in the right direction! Any lat, tricep & bicep work is being spent with extreme intent to train the most ROM/tightest flexion reasonable to restore some comfort/ability there.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
9/8/23

Miniband Pullaparts
4x25
Cable Tri Pressdown
50 2x25
Miniband Rows
2x15

Dynamic Bench
45x10
+doubled micros
45,95x5
155 5x5

Floorpress
45,135,185,225x8
255,275,295,315x6 PR

DB Rolling Tri Ext
25,35,45x21

Pec Minor Stretch
DB Eccentric Curls

NG Wide Lat Pulldown

ART yesterday was 4th session; getting some ROM back in my elbow and things are feeling better again. Took the renewed opportunity to practice my bench technique touching today (where I would recently get pain & do weird things like flare to avoid the flexion). PR strength on Floorpress lets me know things are heading in the right direction! Any lat, tricep & bicep work is being spent with extreme intent to train the most ROM/tightest flexion reasonable to restore some comfort/ability there.
Sounds like ART is really working great for you and quickly. My chiropractor does it, but only if you request it. I need to commit to doing it more often and consistent.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like ART is really working great for you and quickly. My chiropractor does it, but only if you request it. I need to commit to doing it more often and consistent.
My chiro tried to do some myofascial release on me once, he was just way to ginger with it. I was thinking c'mon man dig or don't bother.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My chiro tried to do some myofascial release on me once, he was just way to ginger with it. I was thinking c'mon man dig or don't bother.
Exactly, you got to get deep, especially on us older guys and all our scar tissue.😎

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It has been so beneficial that I would pay out of pocket if my insurance doesn’t cover it. And I don’t know that it will yet, but I can tell this is worth it.

Nice PRs mate!!!
Thanks, Benny!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/9/23 - End of Week 17 of Blast

BW 262.8

BP 133/83, pulse 53 (before my morning dose of 80mg telmisartan)

Gear this week is now blasted up to 600 test e, 550 mast e, 120 dhb - this is split over 2 shots each filled entirely to 3cc. I took 25mg Anadrol specifically preWO Tuesday.

Added L-Carnitine back in this week as well. Getting 100mg preWO in a blend with Choline, and taking 300 on off days. This is specifically for the AR scrubbing, to make my gear unbind faster and “work better” per mg.

Tonight I will be adding 50mg Anadrol/day for 12-14 days (until I have tested all my max lifts). Then I will take a week break from it, before finishing the meet prep with 9-10 days on it. I am not looking forward to the battle eating will become, but I did not come this far only to fall short at the 5 yard line on my benchpress.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
9/8/23

Miniband Pullaparts
4x25
Cable Tri Pressdown
50 2x25
Miniband Rows
2x15

Dynamic Bench
45x10
+doubled micros
45,95x5
155 5x5

Floorpress
45,135,185,225x8
255,275,295,315x6 PR

DB Rolling Tri Ext
25,35,45x21

Pec Minor Stretch
DB Eccentric Curls

NG Wide Lat Pulldown

Awesome work and nice PR on the floor press! Glad to see you getting ROM back. Always impressed with your knowledge and training, glad you log it’s a pleasure to be following along!!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
9/9/23 - End of Week 17 of Blast

BW 262.8

BP 133/83, pulse 53 (before my morning dose of 80mg telmisartan)

Gear this week is now blasted up to 600 test e, 550 mast e, 120 dhb - this is split over 2 shots each filled entirely to 3cc. I took 25mg Anadrol specifically preWO Tuesday.

Added L-Carnitine back in this week as well. Getting 100mg preWO in a blend with Choline, and taking 300 on off days. This is specifically for the AR scrubbing, to make my gear unbind faster and “work better” per mg.

Tonight I will be adding 50mg Anadrol/day for 12-14 days (until I have tested all my max lifts). Then I will take a week break from it, before finishing the meet prep with 9-10 days on it. I am not looking forward to the battle eating will become, but I did not come this far only to fall short at the 5 yard line on my benchpress.
Awesome, dialing in the rocket fuel now …game time.💪🏆

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/10/23
BW 262.6 yesterday

5 min walk
Jigsaw lower body
Split Squats
KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlifts

Deadlift, Kabuki bar
155x3,2,1
265x2
375x1
+belt
440,485,529,573,600x1

4” Blockpulls
407,440,485x5

GHR

IMG_8592.JPG

Sometimes, you have to tell the universe where you belong.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
9/10/23
BW 262.6 yesterday

5 min walk
Jigsaw lower body
Split Squats
KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlifts

Deadlift, Kabuki bar
155x3,2,1
265x2
375x1
+belt
440,485,529,573,600x1

4” Blockpulls
407,440,485x5

GHR

View attachment 235857

flintinatux

Awards
  • First Up Vote
9/10/23
BW 262.6 yesterday

5 min walk
Jigsaw lower body
Split Squats
KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlifts

Deadlift, Kabuki bar
155x3,2,1
265x2
375x1
+belt
440,485,529,573,600x1

4” Blockpulls
407,440,485x5

GHR

View attachment 235857

That deadlift is killer. Well done! 💯

Are those your knee sleeves just pulled down over your shins?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks everybody! It was a good mental victory. I haven’t pulled 600+ since Sept 11 of last year & it felt great.

That deadlift is killer. Well done!

Are those your knee sleeves just pulled down over your shins?
Yep, some old Rehbands I use for general knee warmth & shinguards for deadlift training. I wear them for all of my pulls except on the platform at comp. Then I just wear red deadlift socks. I only need to make 3 pulls then, so the red hides any blood pretty well if I cut myself.

Nice, 600 lbs pull after all that.
That’s just the pre-flight checklist to clear me for takeoff! I believe if you don’t have time to warm up, you don’t have time to train.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Jeebus, your thighs are looking MASSIVE!!!! Great pull!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
IDK if you're getting enough credit for where the weight is going. As hard as you have worked to GAIN weight/size, you can tell in that picture it's going to the right places. I mean relatively speaking, you're looking crazy lean for how much you've gained this year so far, IMO

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
9/12/23

Miniband Pullaparts 4x25
Cable Tri Pressdown 40,40,50x25
HS CSR 45 3x15

Bench, Texas powerbar & calibrated plates
45 3x5
155x5
198,220,242x3
275,308,341x1
308x7

HS CSR
90 4x15 varying grips

Pec minor stretch
Eccentric curls

This was a deload session in preparation for working up to a max next week. Day 3 of Anadrol, and boy I hope it does some magic soon.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
9/12/23

Miniband Pullaparts 4x25
Cable Tri Pressdown 40,40,50x25
HS CSR 45 3x15

Bench, Texas powerbar & calibrated plates
45 3x5
155x5
198,220,242x3
275,308,341x1
308x7

HS CSR
90 4x15 varying grips

Pec minor stretch
Eccentric curls

This was a deload session in preparation for working up to a max next week. Day 3 of Anadrol, and boy I hope it does some magic soon.
Yeah Anadrol can zap the appetite pretty quick. Hopefully you’re able to keep your calories up.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah Anadrol can zap the appetite pretty quick. Hopefully you’re able to keep your calories up.
Appetite has been so-so at best for a long time already, but no heartburn issues so far and appetite hasn’t gotten worse yet *knock on wood*.

ART went great today; things just seem to keep improving very slightly and I’m very happy with it all. I’ll go back Friday after second bench day, and again Monday afternoon to prepare for Tuesday’s testing.

Donating a pint this Thursday. As red as I’m getting on deadlifts, I’ve definitely got surplus blood volume. This should reduce my bp slightly and give someone in need a good healing boost.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did some gripper work; I closed the #3 genie for a set of 3 per hand today (worked up to a single last week).

Rode out to a farm with the wife & some neighbors to lift & weigh a bunch of big rocks, looking for some for my wife to train with. She has a natural stone loading medley at America’s Strongest Woman in November. We came home with a 127, a 143lber, and one shaped like a shield that’s a bit heavier but should be under 200. We decided to leave the 212 we found when we discovered the shield, but we had already blown our scale out before we got to weigh the shield

We moved some stuff down to the basement for the old couple as payment for the stones! They were very kind & sent us with a bunch of fresh apples too.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Did some gripper work; I closed the #3 genie for a set of 3 per hand today (worked up to a single last week).

Rode out to a farm with the wife & some neighbors to lift & weigh a bunch of big rocks, looking for some for my wife to train with. She has a natural stone loading medley at America’s Strongest Woman in November. We came home with a 127, a 143lber, and one shaped like a shield that’s a bit heavier but should be under 200. We decided to leave the 212 we found when we discovered the shield, but we had already blown our scale out before we got to weigh the shield

We moved some stuff down to the basement for the old couple as payment for the stones! They were very kind & sent us with a bunch of fresh apples too.
Sounds like a great time on the farm and got some heavy stones!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

That’s awesome…..me and my wife go to the beach to collect shells, you and your wife go to the country to collect 200 lbs rocks. I think your adventure sounds more interesting.😎

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very cool. How did you even hear they had big rocks out there?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very cool. How did you even hear they had big rocks out there?
Some retired neighbors down the street were asking my wife about her next comp. They mentioned they got all their landscaping stones from friends with a farm that had dug them up from their fields over the years. So they offered to take us out there. It was a great deal; stones these size often sell for $1-200 a boulder from landscaping supply.

I think the older couples got a good kick out of watching us lift them! They’ve never seen anything like that.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some retired neighbors down the street were asking my wife about her next comp. They mentioned they got all their landscaping stones from friends with a farm that had dug them up from their fields over the years. So they offered to take us out there. It was a great deal; stones these size often sell for $1-200 a boulder from landscaping supply.

I think the older couples got a good kick out of watching us lift them! They’ve never seen anything like that.
That gave them something to tell the family at the next get together.😎

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Talk about a win win for both parties. Yeah I am sure they did.
That gave them something to tell the family at the next get together.😎
Right, this huge guy and one of the most built women I have ever seen came down and picked up our boulders and took them away for fun!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You may have said this, do you know about how many calories you’re eating each day?