How many use agmatine for health benefits?

Monte Brogan

Monte Brogan

Awards
  • Established
The more I learn about agmatine, the more impressed I become. We all know about its merit in pre-workouts. But how many members here simply use it for health benefits on a daily basis?I'm thinking about adding it to my daily routine...Monte

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
1g pre bed gives me some great sleep

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
agamatine has a lot of benefits, i don't really get the crazy pumps like everyone else, but use it in bulk form for the other benefits it offers

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I get it from Hemavol for pre-workout, but I take it in bulk on a daily basis workout or not too many benefits not to.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
i take about 2 grams a day

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think its daily benefits exceed its preworkout benefits. More to come in a future coop's corner
I found an excellent 2014 review

I use 1g daily. 2-3G on workout days

Specifically for the spine

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards

Same here
With large meals taken with GDA and pre workout

Health benefits, workout pumps, GDA effects/synergy
And all day fullness/vascularity

Monte Brogan

Monte Brogan

Awards
  • Established
I think its daily benefits exceed its preworkout benefits. More to come in a future coop's corner
Cooper, looking forward to that! Based on the other replies in the thread there seems to be a good deal of interest in agmatine's other properties. I'm especially interested in potential neuroprotective properties.

Monte

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

That review will form a large basis of my article. It also unlocks potential synergies with other supplements (our forskolin-95 users will be pleased)

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
That review will form a large basis of my article. It also unlocks potential synergies with other supplements (our forskolin-95 users will be pleased)
Will you go into much detail on what doesn't go well with Agmatine?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interested in this.

Always been a big Agmatine fan, but I have never been one to use it pre-workout other than when it was already in a formula I have. Agmatine + Na-R-ALA upon waking/prior to carb meals is one of my most common usages over the years (started with MAN's Blueprint so long ago :eek:).

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I dose 500mgs upon waking and before larger carb meals.... I notice fuller muscles along with an extra vascular appearance. I notice a big difference when I dont use as mentioned above

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I remember reading some article about agmatine having a negative effect on the prostate but can't seem to find that article. Anyone remember this? Have a family history of prostate cancer and haven't used agmatine in a while because of this.

Estevato58

Estevato58

Awards
I believe you've spoke on it before, but I'm on my phone and can't remember... How about Yohimbine?
I just read last week that agmatine and yohimbine cancel each other out so to speak. I'll look online for that article and post it when I find it...

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't find the old posts by coop but he's talked about it being a non-issue before. If your worried about the fat loss canceling effect Josh addressed that before as we:

Attachments

Estevato58

Estevato58

Awards
Www.examine.com/supplements/agmatine (source)

It does not go well with L-arginine and l- citruline, yohimbine or DAA, lol. I haven't used agmatine since I read this. Agmatine activated the a2A receptor that yohimbine inhibits, and it doesn't go good w DAA due to reducing signaling via the NMDA receptors...

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agmatine user for health and cognitive benefits right here. I don't really notice any pump benefits and use PN to road map my limbs.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like it
Pre workout, before bed and with carb meals. Looking for some n-rala to stack it with to

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hope this article comes out before I run out of my AS agmatine caps or before I run out of forskolin. Lulz.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
I developed a product to help cancer patients recover from chemotherapy and help their bodies fight off cancer and I used a gram of agmatine sulfate in my formula not only because it modulates nitric oxide production through several different ways. It stimulates some type of nitric oxide synthesis while inhibiting others. It is essential to the proper function of the polyamine biosynthetic pathways and puts even more oxygen into the blood. This in turn causes vascular growth via smooth muscle cell overgrowth. Agmatine also helps with pain management, it's an antioxidant, stimulates insulin production, relieves anxiety, boosts immune system and shortens recovery time after surgery

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Www.examine.com/supplements/agmatine (source) It does not go well with L-arginine and l- citruline, yohimbine or DAA, lol. I haven't used agmatine since I read this. Agmatine activated the a2A receptor that yohimbine inhibits, and it doesn't go good w DAA due to reducing signaling via the NMDA receptors...
good info, hadn't heard some of this before, although I've take agmatine while on DAA and still had great results, but I typically only take it pre workout and sometimes before sex, and I would still remember sex after haha

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed for info :) I love agmatine, one of my go to supplements now.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'll be interested to hear Coop's thoughts on dosing and timing, well if they've changed over the last couple months. Given it's potential effects on cAMP, one would think the pre-workout context would still hold for the timing portion.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Www.examine.com/supplements/agmatine (source)

It does not go well with L-arginine and l- citruline, yohimbine or DAA, lol. I haven't used agmatine since I read this. Agmatine activated the a2A receptor that yohimbine inhibits, and it doesn't go good w DAA due to reducing signaling via the NMDA receptors...

For quite a long time and due to trial and error, I have dosed it daily with l- citruline and right now - with DAA as well. Works fantastic for me...no matter what the studies say...

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Should agmatine be cycled? If so how long?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn't worry to much on the daa/agmatine ect.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I wouldn't worry to much on the daa/agmatine ect.
Agreed.

This was discussed in depth before, by Coop as well. This was a good 6 months ago but I will try to find it

Estevato58

Estevato58

Awards
For quite a long time and due to trial and error, I have dosed it daily with l- citruline and right now - with DAA as well. Works fantastic for me...no matter what the studies say...
I'm using it w dpol and alphamine right now. Not all at the same time though. I take alphamine for fasted cardio, dpol w my first meal, and agmatine powder preworkout. I just bought caps today to dose w meals to try that out. I just happened to run by that article last week, lol...

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established

Hey man what does agmatine do for your spine? I have plenty of issues with mind and love agmatine so very interested. Thanks!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I developed a product to help cancer patients recover from chemotherapy and help their bodies fight off cancer and I used a gram of agmatine sulfate in my formula not only because it modulates nitric oxide production through several different ways. It stimulates some type of nitric oxide synthesis while inhibiting others. It is essential to the proper function of the polyamine biosynthetic pathways and puts even more oxygen into the blood. This in turn causes vascular growth via smooth muscle cell overgrowth. Agmatine also helps with pain management, it's an antioxidant, stimulates insulin production, relieves anxiety, boosts immune system and shortens recovery time after surgery
Agmatine would be a HORRIBLE choice for someone with cancer, since it stimulates cAMP production systemically and promotes angiogenesis of the tumor. Leave things like this to the professionals

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The studies don't say otherwise. Examine.com sucks at interpreting data

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Agmatine would be a HORRIBLE choice for someone with cancer, since it stimulates cAMP production systemically and promotes angiogenesis of the tumor. Leave things like this to the professionals
haha, I like the way you try and correct me on these things. Yes Agmatine can promote angiogenesis but it is crucial in helping with chemo recovery and I have multiple other ingredients causing proliferation and creating Polyphenols and P53 antigens. I love how you say "leave it to the professionals" lol, who's classified as a professional? I own two companies, one of which is producing this product. What are you a rep for a company so you feel very empowered? Lol. Considering both of my partners for this product are nationally recognized oncologists maybe you recognize them as professionals? Idk. Keep reading studies peasant

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Can't think of much honestly
this was obviously not correct Why don't u read on this and choke u apple http://www.nature.com/ki/journal/v56/n4/full/4491027a.html Or here how about a highlight for your pompous orange "Agmatine depletion of polyamines can inhibit cell growth15. The extent of this effect on proliferation may be limited to the cell's ability to incorporate agmatine. We hypothesize that agmatine may be selectively targeted to more rapidly proliferating cells, which would further support agmatine as a potential endogenous tumor suppressor. Defining an agmatine transport system is an important aspect of this hypothesis and is currently under investigation."

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Hurdle, Cooper I assure you meant no affront in his statement he was merely stating his point which did have merit. Can his points be up for debate? Absolutely that is how we grow here as a community and learn more.

Thank you for posting studies now this can hopefully become an intellectual discussion.

The insults and name calling are really unnecessary, Cyrus is a great guy and is a huge and helpful contributor here,

I know I'm speaking for all of us when I say we hope this can be a well mannered discussion from here out.

I am thankful again for the posted studies and your standpoint, when Cooper returns I'm sure he will read through them and say his thoughts.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hurdle, Cooper I assure you meant no affront in his statement he was merely stating his point which did have merit. Can his points be up for debate? Absolutely that is how we grow here as a community and learn more.

Thank you for posting studies now this can hopefully become an intellectual discussion.

The insults and name calling are really unnecessary, Cyrus is a great guy and is a huge and helpful contributor here,

I know I'm speaking for all of us when I say we hope this can be a well mannered discussion from here out.

I am thankful again for the posted studies and your standpoint, when Cooper returns I'm sure he will read through them and say his thoughts.
I'm guessing it's the "leave it to the professionals" comment that set Hurdle off :p