Greek Yogurt hmmmm

kain1012

Awards
Im starting to think greek yogurt is better and cheaper then most RTD protein drinks. I could be wrong but when I look and see 17 grams over 140 calories it has me wondering man this is going to be a nice source for only 1$. It's also a great way take minimal calories when cutting and still meet your daily protein intake.

Thoughts?

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love this stuff. I'm gonna try to make my own since I'm a cheap ass

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
2 cups of milk equal the same amount of protein and you'll get more for your money. It's more of a luxury then it is economical. I tried some fat free plain from dannon the other day and it was horrible. If I try some again I'm gonna get some with a high fat content.

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
I thought all greek yogurt was fat free.

ETA: Apparently not.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Plain chobani and a half cup of choc protein, 270cal, 32g protein, roughly 2g carbs, and only fat depends on the protein ur using

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Greek yogurt + banana or vanilla protein + almond or cashew pieces(and cinnamon if you like)

or if you can spare the fruit

Greek yogurt + banana or vanilla protein + cut up apple + cinnamon

Delicious....

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
i just started eating it myself, usually just 1/day though. The Dannon one sucks, Wal-mart sells one in a think container called "Athenos" now this on the other hand is the shiznit!

kain1012

Awards
hmm 2 cups of milk same protein?

Nice recipes guys , im going to try to mix it with choco protein

And I have tried like 5 different brands

Chobani is best one so far-
Athenos - sucks not enough stuff on the side
fa ge is ok
Yoplait is decent
Dannon is god awful

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
Some brands are disgusting while others are amazing and addicting. Greek Yogurt is pretty awesome usually though.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
***E is the best tasting Greek out there. I've been eating it for months.

sapentia

sapentia

Awards
I eat a 16oz. plain Greek yogurt with some added stevia everyday as an afternoon snack. It gives me 46g protein, 18g carbs, and 0g fat. It is expensive though.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im starting to think greek yogurt is better and cheaper then most RTD protein drinks.
Its pretty handy since the little singles do get sold in plenty of grocery stores and some convenience stores. I do eat it at home, but when i'm out and feeling hungry it is one of the choices I turn to if theres no other healthy food choices around so i'm glad more places sell it now.

outkastjoe

Awards
Just don't get yours where this lady got her yogurt from!
thesmokinggun.com/documents/revolting/shopper-ingested-semen-tainted-yogurt-sample

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
Hmm -- I'll take Fat Free Cottage Cheese for the economical/bang for your buck factor. I just had a cup of it, which comes out to 28g protein, 8g carbs, and 160 calories. And it's super cheap for the big container.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm -- I'll take Fat Free Cottage Cheese for the economical/bang for your buck factor. I just had a cup of it, which comes out to 28g protein, 8g carbs, and 160 calories. And it's super cheap for the big container.
Yup, super cheap at sam's club!

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
***E 1% with a scoop of protein is insanely good.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
It's (f)age. I found out they make some called TOTAL with whole fat. They didn't have it at my local walmart so I gotta check out somewhere else. I'm excited to try that.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Just came back from the store and got a small (F)age container for $1.79 It's the total with about 20grams of fat in it. Will post back later on taste.

Pezz

Awards
I like it. However I can't hardly stand plain, so I choose vanilla flavor.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1 cup of plain fat free (f)age yogurt mixed with a small scoop of xtend or BC+EAA is delicious!

Also for the price, if you look online you can buy Greek yogurt in somewhat bulk, like get yourself six 35oz containers for around 50 bucks

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
The (F)age total was pretty good but not something I'm dying to try again. After I ate it I thought it would probably taste pretty good with some chocolate covered almonds in there. If I see a good price on a big canister i'll probably try it again but i'll definetely mix something with it.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
It's delicious 120 calories; 12g CHO; 17g PRO.

We just need to stop talking about it before everyone realizes it's awesome and either the price goes up or it's never in stock!! -- kind of like Daisy 2% Cottage Cheese (in this area at least).

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The (F)age total was pretty good but not something I'm dying to try again. After I ate it I thought it would probably taste pretty good with some chocolate covered almonds in there. If I see a good price on a big canister i'll probably try it again but i'll definetely mix something with it.
i was also interested in (f)age but at the local store, it's actually a few dollars more expensive than chobani, chobani was $5.50 roughly for the 33.5 oz tub i believe and (f)age was roughly $8 for 35 or 36oz

WorkingClass

WorkingClass

Awards
It's delicious 120 calories; 12g CHO; 17g PRO.

We just need to stop talking about it before everyone realizes it's awesome and either the price goes up or it's never in stock!! -- kind of like Daisy 2% Cottage Cheese (in this area at least).
Too late for that here bro! Chobani(my fav) is ALWAYS sold out by mid day! Sucks since I work nights. I have to go in after work early in the week and buy the **** out of it or I'm sol. Goes great as added protein for my "morning" snack: 6oz tuna w/ a bit of mayo, 2 slices Whole wheat bread and a Chobani. Sometimes a shake too if I had a ****ty breakfast.

kain1012

Awards
Chobani is by fat the tastiest greek yogurt

pineapple is king!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
macedog24 Nutrition / Health 2
MistrJay Recipes 11
JudoJosh Recipes 6
Nutrition / Health 1
toddgranit Recipes 15