Found hair in my protein tub

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
So I mixed my night time protein meal, and as I scooped I noticed a tiny hair with some protein attached to it. Should I throw the tub away? I don't want to catch anything and I got it for very cheap so I don't care about tossin it.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Me too , I drank the shake too tired to care but ill probably toss it tomorow

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I'd toss that out real quick. I don't even give it a second thought.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
technically...hair is a protein
They must have missed one in the processing :lmao:

Still can't get over the whole hair/protein thing :poke: (Another reason why I ordered RPGBCAA this time DOES NOT CONTAIN HUMAN HAIR. lol

I'm the same with Natty, I would be way to grossed out and tossed it.

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
some cheap suppliers make bcaa from animal hair right? thats what I have heard.. eww : \

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
NO dont throw any of it. Infact eat the hair! ive herd rumours of a lucky few getting a Jay Cutler pube and getting Huge once consumed!! lol :D

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
So I mixed my night time protein meal, and as I scooped I noticed a tiny hair with some protein attached to it. Should I throw the tub away? I don't want to catch anything and I got it for very cheap so I don't care about tossin it.
could have been a lot worse -your lucky it wasnt a rabbit

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
if you eat at restaurants or fast food i guarantee you've already eaten a few hairs in your lifetime. id keep it, but thats just me. i think the FDA allows a few hairs in food or something like that.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would have thrown it away. It is different eating a hair or two without knowing. Drinking/Eating any hair while knowing is just nasty.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
if you eat at restaurants or fast food i guarantee you've already eaten a few hairs in your lifetime. id keep it, but thats just me. i think the FDA allows a few hairs in food or something like that.
if you get an hair in your mouth , you usually can tell straightaway , it has a different texture to food

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
if you get an hair in your mouth , you usually can tell straightaway , it has a different texture to food
eh, depends. i dont think if ur eating a huge burger you can tell most of the time. and maybe the hair was his that fell in the last time he opened the protein jar

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
^^^agreed, I find hair in my food at expensive restaurants all the time. Pull it out and carry on.

MrDeadlift

Awards
some cheap suppliers make bcaa from animal hair right? thats what I have heard.. eww : \
Actually some BCAA manufacturers (mainly those in China) use Duck feathers as a popular choice to synthesize BCAAs. I have heard of human hair but I am not 100% sure even though Keratin (skin/hari) is a main ingredient in the mfg process of creating Leucine.

But RAW hair in protein, that is nasty, I would throw the entire tub and call the manufacturer right away for a refund or a new tub.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Pull out and carry on, I like that lol...

Jasen come on, you run some crazy cycles and youre gonna toss a little bit of protein cuz of a hair?? LOL come on! lol

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Actually some BCAA manufacturers (mainly those in China) use Duck feathers as a popular choice to synthesize BCAAs. I have heard of human hair but I am not 100% sure even though Keratin (skin/hari) is a main ingredient in the mfg process of creating Leucine.

But RAW hair in protein, that is nasty, I would throw the entire tub and call the manufacturer right away for a refund or a new tub.
as long as its been washed and condtioned i wouldnt worry.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
^^^agreed, I find hair in my food at expensive restaurants all the time. Pull it out and carry on.
Happend to me - found a long strand in my apple pie, removed it and finished the pie - it was too good tasting not to.

PS at leat it wasn't a band-aid, I've heard of people getting these in their salads ewww

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pull out and carry on, I like that lol...

Jasen come on, you run some crazy cycles and youre gonna toss a little bit of protein cuz of a hair?? LOL come on! lol
Haha! This makes sense though;)

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
fck it. drink up