First Injectable: TestE kicked with Superdrol

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 6 229 (+9)

Well i'm +9 this morning so this much is staying. I ate a bit less yesterday and did an extra cardio session and my weight is still this high. I'm impressed.

Haha, I'm the same I add/lose weight ridiculously easy. I've put on 7lbs in the past 5 days, not on anything (but to be fair I am much lighter than usual).

Have you considered adding in 4 weeks of winstrol at the end (last 2 weeks of test, and during the 2 weeks you're waiting for the ester to clear) to dry things up?
I've considered throwing something in at the end. Winny is damn expensive though, lol, and i don't like the idea of everyday injects. And if i were to do it oral i'd do 100mg ed.

I was considering throwing in a 19-nor "tren" compound for the last 4 weeks to give them a try. It's a lot easier for me because i won't have to stab myself everyday for a month... i don't even have enough extra syringes for that.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Liking the cycle so far man! You are going to blow up on this one. How much cardio are you doing a week? Keep up th hard work and it will pay off!

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Well i'm +9 this morning so this much is staying. I ate a bit less yesterday and did an extra cardio session and my weight is still this high. I'm impressed.

I've considered throwing something in at the end. Winny is damn expensive though, lol, and i don't like the idea of everyday injects. And if i were to do it oral i'd do 100mg ed.

I was considering throwing in a 19-nor "tren" compound for the last 4 weeks to give them a try. It's a lot easier for me because i won't have to stab myself everyday for a month... i don't even have enough extra syringes for that.

Have you used winny before? 50mg ED may do the job of just hardening and drying.

If not what about Trenadrol? Its not a 19-nor (well, no one actually knows except Kilosports!), but seems to have similar, but stronger results.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have you used winny before? 50mg ED may do the job of just hardening and drying.

If not what about Trenadrol? Its not a 19-nor (well, no one actually knows except Kilosports!), but seems to have similar, but stronger results.

You know not that many people use it but i found 5 tabs of MMV2 gave me similar results to 50mg of winny a day

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
You know not that many people use it but i found 5 tabs of MMV2 gave me similar results to 50mg of winny a day
Hell yeah that would be the perfect thing to run at the end of your cycle. A nice dose of mmv2 that stuff is great!:thumbsup:

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Liking the cycle so far man! You are going to blow up on this one. How much cardio are you doing a week? Keep up th hard work and it will pay off!
I'll be doing cardio about 3x a week 30-40 minutes variable intensity

I'm disinclined to run Trenadrol, i have almost 2 bottles of it. I started using it once and went 9 days at 90mg and felt nothing out of it. Nothing but suppression and feeling kind of crappy. I stopped.

I'm kinda disheartened about all the oral stuff, at this rate i doubt the 19-nors or the MMV2 will do anything at all for me. But while we're at it, what the hell is MMV2? As in what kind of steroid structure is it? I really know nothing about it at all.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 6 postworkout

Went well in the gym. I was wearing a small shirt, just a Large, and those always fit tight. I really felt like i was looking big in it though.

I worked back. My favorite lift was dumbell rows. I got the 130 pounder for 10. I would have done more if they had heavier dumbells. I did pulldowns and t-bars but nothing was special. I developed a terrific pump. I threw in triceps and got 135 for 6 on skullcrushers. Finished up with more tri's and finally a shrug machine (traps are part of the back workout for me). Shrug machine with 4 plates per side and 15 reps for a couple sets.

i would say mild strength increases, in the form of having extra resources in my muscles that allow me to squeeze out an extra rep. No more. Coming soon!

I'll do some research on MMV2.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
mmv2 is Stanlone or something like that I think you can look it up on pub med.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 7 231 (+11)

More of a mid-day weigh in than a morning weigh in. I'm not lifting today, i'm gonna hit my abs and then do some cardio but i'll probably do it tonight sometime.

If you guys haven't figured it out yet, my body likes to gain weight. It's been too happy with all these carbs around; i spent the last few months on low carbs.

edit: i mentioned earlier that libido felt up. I want to confirm this... more random erections, greater erection strength than normal. Must be the Superdrol. I respond so well to this stuff. But out of all the little orals i've run, nothing has put a serious dent in my libido, nor in any pct either. Never had a problem.

WeightShift

WeightShift

Awards
  • Established
What kind of ab work do you do (outside of compounds)?

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 8 229 (+9)

Well fellas i'm only at +9 today but i feel good about it cuz i looked solid in the mirror, not as bloated as the last few days.

Today also marks the beginning of 20mg of Superdrol a day so i'm happy about that.

I just did my 3rd injection into my quad. I'm going to hit legs today in a bit, i'm going to forum-cruise and pound a preworkout shake first though.

What kind of ab work do you do (outside of compounds)?
my ab work is a circuit running through the usual ab variations like leg raises, oblique raises etc.

WeightShift

WeightShift

Awards
  • Established
Doing a quad shot and then squatting isn't inhibiting at all?

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Doing a quad shot and then squatting isn't inhibiting at all?
I read to work the muscle group injected into. I read that this helps to disperse the oil better, and to help alleviate the soreness. Although at this time my quad feels fine, no soreness, i can't really tell i injected into it. I doubt it will inhibit my squatting.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Finally subbin' here, nice log. Just wanted to quickly spmething out based on your last post: If you were real low-carb prior to the cycle, and then re-introduced carbs right as the cycle started, a good portion of the weight you gained is likely because of glycogen replenishment. So I just want to clarify -

Did you just get off the low-carb diet as the cycle started? Or were you already "full carbing" prior to starting it?

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Finally subbin' here, nice log. Just wanted to quickly spmething out based on your last post: If you were real low-carb prior to the cycle, and then re-introduced carbs right as the cycle started, a good portion of the weight you gained is likely because of glycogen replenishment. So I just want to clarify -

Did you just get off the low-carb diet as the cycle started? Or were you already "full carbing" prior to starting it?
Basically i have been low-carbing for the last few months. In the week before the cycle, i introduced carbs into my diet in moderate amounts. As the cycle began, i increased carboyhydrate intake to be about equal to my protein intake. So yes much of my quick gains has surely been glycogen, 'specially since this is Superdrol.

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You look good for 3 years of training. I think 10-12% bodyfat is realistic by looking at the pics. Most guys hold fat on their lower back so its hard to say without back shots.
You will respond well to this cycle. If you do not exhibit sides by week 5 then I would up the test dose a little instead of adding something else.
Primming before the cycle was smart. Your body is ready for growth with the extra carbs/cals.
Don't get injured. Keep form strict. Once the strength kicks in it is tempting to over train and get sloppy with form. Injury is likely when getting sloppy with new weights.
You have a great base to build from.

Good luck man!

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
I read to work the muscle group injected into. I read that this helps to disperse the oil better, and to help alleviate the soreness. Although at this time my quad feels fine, no soreness, i can't really tell i injected into it. I doubt it will inhibit my squatting.
Working out right after helps alot. imo . I would try and do that every time if you can. It seems like you haven't had any problems with inject site pain yet but it can be crippling. Good luck it looks like you are starting out with a bang!

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 8 postworkout

Workout
Lifting went really well today. I would be downing more food, but the leg workouts can be grueling; i am just trying to keep my preworkout shake down, hehe.

I lifted legs. I took squats to 345x5. I don't do a ton of weight on squats, but I keep my form better than most I see. I aim for parallel as the upper limit of my depth. However I avoid ATG squats as those tend to give me pain in my knees and lower back, my skeletal structure just doens't like it.

I took hack squats to 395x5. I took calve raises (machine) to 4 and a half plates per side for 15 reps. I did a lot of isolation exercises for hamstring and quads, supersetting 1 legged extensions and 1 legged hamstring curls. This was where the onset of needing to vomit developed.

Also because I didn't do abs yesterday I hit them today with cable crunches, obliques, normal crunches.

Thoughts: I looked big, once again filling out my shirt nicely. Must be the extra glycogen storage :). I don't feel my strength is up a lot, but it's kind of like how creatine is supposed to work: i feel there's a little extra energy there and I can push myself further on each set. Maybe you could define it like having more strength but it's not like my squats are way up or anything, though i'm happy to get 345x5 without a spotter.

You look good for 3 years of training. I think 10-12% bodyfat is realistic by looking at the pics. Most guys hold fat on their lower back so its hard to say without back shots.
You will respond well to this cycle. If you do not exhibit sides by week 5 then I would up the test dose a little instead of adding something else.
Primming before the cycle was smart. Your body is ready for growth with the extra carbs/cals.
Don't get injured. Keep form strict. Once the strength kicks in it is tempting to over train and get sloppy with form. Injury is likely when getting sloppy with new weights.
You have a great base to build from.

Good luck man!
Yo Heavy thanks for checking in here. Yes I will try to get more pictures up at some point. I was thinking little updates every 2 weeks. I'm just all shy about being more bloated-looking than pre-cycle. Carbs help me put on weight but certainly contribute to my bloat. I feel that upping my carbs results in me being very thirsty, and the combination of carbs + water = tons of bloat.

I was thinking, if my vials are accurate at 10mL and my injections continue to be accurate, I should have 6mL of test leftover. This could grant me 6 weeks of the cycle at 900mg ew. I know in your posts you say gains on test-only can become stagnant by week 9. I have been thinking to inject the extra mL of test weeks 7-12. This results in the following cycle outline:
1-4 Superdrol 10/20/20/30
1-6 Test E 600mg ew
7-12 Test E 900mg ew
For 7-12 i would just pin 300mg MWF. What are your thoughts on this?

I am addicted to heavy weight, but trust me i'm deathly afraid of injury. I am probably more scared of an injury that prevents me from lifting weights than I am of just about anything else short of losing my johnson. Heh. I will try to stay safe.

Working out right after helps alot. imo . I would try and do that every time if you can. It seems like you haven't had any problems with inject site pain yet but it can be crippling. Good luck it looks like you are starting out with a bang!
Yea so far I have been working the target muscle group on the same day as the inject. So far no pain, i did get a tiny bit of soreness in my delts but i have not noticed my quad shot at all. The crippling shots are more caused by winny, and the BA content of prop ya? My test seems pretty smooth to me.

Cheers all.

Finally got my appetite back on, check this out:
(1/3 lb ground turkey + 1/2 cup oats + 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil) -> Panfry and stir together real good
= delicious

And then some salsa for a kick. It tastes so damn good.
Approx. 50g protein, 35g carbs, 30g fat. All from pretty decent sources.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Thats sh1t looks good as hell. I will have to try that one day. Do you cook the oats at all other than pan frying? Also about the bloat and water. The more water you drink the less water you will hold. So you might just need to up your water intake or add armidex that helps. I would just say fukk it though the extra water will help you get strionger. Just embrace the bloat(as long as it doesn't get too bad) and let it help you. it will leave in pct anyway!

WeightShift

WeightShift

Awards
  • Established
Weirdest combo of foods! The salsa especially. It looks damn good though.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thats sh1t looks good as hell. I will have to try that one day. Do you cook the oats at all other than pan frying? Also about the bloat and water. The more water you drink the less water you will hold. So you might just need to up your water intake or add armidex that helps. I would just say fukk it though the extra water will help you get strionger. Just embrace the bloat(as long as it doesn't get too bad) and let it help you. it will leave in pct anyway!
Usually i just throw oats in my protein shakes. But i love to eat ground turkey in various ways and last night tried this method to combine them. I'm pretty happy with it. A tiny bit more fat than i'd like to go for in my meals but lean ground turkey meat and extra virgin olive oil are fine sources of fat imo.

That's interesting about the water weight. It may be that I need to increase my water intake, but there are points when i am so full of food and water that i could not drink more or i'd be stretching my stomach a lot and looking very bloated, the roid gut look.

I know it's best in the long run to accept the bloat and maximize the gains for this cycle, as I have a cutting cycle planned next anyway. it's just a little disheartening to see. I can deal with it though, I do love to see my strength #s rise ;).

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
i love tren for cutting and strength. nothing surpasses it at all!

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I should have 6mL of test leftover.[/B] This could grant me 6 weeks of the cycle at 900mg ew. I know in your posts you say gains on test-only can become stagnant by week 9. I have been thinking to inject the extra mL of test weeks 7-12. This results in the following cycle outline:
1-4 Superdrol 10/20/20/30
1-6 Test E 600mg ew
7-12 Test E 900mg ew
For 7-12 i would just pin 300mg MWF. What are your thoughts on this?

I am addicted to heavy weight, but trust me i'm deathly afraid of injury. I am probably more scared of an injury that prevents me from lifting weights than I am of just about anything else short of losing my johnson. Heh. I will try to stay safe.
When you draw meds you lose a little in the bubble of the syringe so you may only get 9 to 9.5ml out of each vial, just fyi.

Upping the dose at week 7 or 8 by 200-300mg will be good. I always up my dose on short cycles and the gains keep coming.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 9 230 (+10) & Postworkout summary

I popped 10mg SD about 90 minutes b4 the gym

Today was chest + biceps again, and it was awesome

Took bench up like last time, but instead of failing on the 6th rep of 295, i got 295x6 and proceeded to do 315x6.
Last time: 295x5
This time: 315x6

Took standing dumbell curls up to 75 pounders for 5. I had to swing a little, they're heavy. Incline dumbell curls, could do the 50 pounders for 8 and the 60 pounders for 5. Finished up with reverse grip forearm curls, last set was with the 95 pounder EZ curl bar for an "ez" 12 reps.
Incline bench was just like bench, it just felt way lighter. Did 225x6 then 235x6 and then 245x6 and then 255x4.
Last time: 225x5
This time: 255x4

I tried to do dumbell flys and could do a set but my forearms were so pumped it was really too hard to grip the weight properly... lol.

This is how SD is supposed to work. I'm happy. I look big, all my muscles have that really swole look to them like i'm on something. I also got a ****ing awesome pump in my biceps, forearms, and kinda in my shoulder/pec area.

And it's only day 9 :)

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 10 233 (+13)

I'm loaded up on a lot of food. Today i'm pretty sore so SD hasn't hit concentrated levels yet, when it does, soreness will cease to exist. My legs in particular are sore. My injection site on the left quad is pretty sore, i can feel it now, but it isn't sore enough to bother me or anything.

I'll do cardio today, try to burn off some of the extra food i've been putting down. I'll update later.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Congrats on that set break, bro! 315x6, wooo!
I know. I'm going to be wicked strong by the end of the cycle. At this point i'm nearly as strong as I've ever been which includes my tubby days. So after another week it's going to be PR's for the rest of the cycle. I'll be careful not to go too heavy especially on squats and bench. It's important that i increase my reps as much as I increase my weight. I am going to stay away from sets of bench that are under 5 reps if i can help it.

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
be real careful doing such heavy curls with low reps.. specially those heavy inclines.. saw 3 times someone tear there bicep tendon.. litteraly curl up into there arm and there arm turn instantly purple and black.. not very pleasent looking.. happened to my football coach in our high school gym.. he def is not on roids but is gigantic.. was once ranked 7th in the world for powerlifting.. the guy reps 225x50 no problem.. he did 315 for 30 once

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm fairly used to doing curls heavy. Never had any pain in my biceps from it. 5 reps isn't that low, not like i'm doing singles or triples. But yea as I get stronger I will try to expand my reps

ok i'm popping my 2nd Superdrol pill and hitting cardio in a few minutes

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
congrats on poppin your cherry bro...we can all stop calling you "hymen" behind your back now:rofl:
good loggin so far too, keep it up...i just ate your turkey and oats....not bad bro...next time try some fat free ranch and relish...sounds gross but is just as good

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've never tried fat free ranch, 'course the reason i've avoided ranch like the plague is the fat content so i'll have to try it. I've been favoring mustard as a condiment for it's 0 calorie status :).

Anyway i got back from cardio, i did 45 minutes. It was a breeze because I popped the last of some EC earlier. Doesn't seem to affect me much but helps me get through cardio. Cardio is so boring by the way, sometimes i get off and i can't believe 45 minutes has gone by and all i've done is attempt to hold off the fat gains.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I popped 10mg SD about 90 minutes b4 the gym

Today was chest + biceps again, and it was awesome

Took bench up like last time, but instead of failing on the 6th rep of 295, i got 295x6 and proceeded to do 315x6.
Last time: 295x5
This time: 315x6

Took standing dumbell curls up to 75 pounders for 5. I had to swing a little, they're heavy. Incline dumbell curls, could do the 50 pounders for 8 and the 60 pounders for 5. Finished up with reverse grip forearm curls, last set was with the 95 pounder EZ curl bar for an "ez" 12 reps.
Incline bench was just like bench, it just felt way lighter. Did 225x6 then 235x6 and then 245x6 and then 255x4.
Last time: 225x5
This time: 255x4

I tried to do dumbell flys and could do a set but my forearms were so pumped it was really too hard to grip the weight properly... lol.

This is how SD is supposed to work. I'm happy. I look big, all my muscles have that really swole look to them like i'm on something. I also got a ****ing awesome pump in my biceps, forearms, and kinda in my shoulder/pec area.

And it's only day 9 :)

Damn you and your super affinity for s-drol I am barely staying ahead of you percentage/weight on Flat Bench and you just passed me on DB curls. lol I need to kick it up a notch. Sounds great must me nice to jump 20lbs in one week. I've been doing a steady 10lbs per week on my Flat BP.

Keep up the good work

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 11 235 (+15)

I AM FEELING IT

I'm pumped. My arms feel full, all my muscles feel tight and solid. If i flex any muscle BOOM it springs up. Just moving around in awkward positions or holding a muscle static too long will start to induce a pump and a kind of sore feeling.

I feel the pump the most in my arms. They look big and full, delts look rounded and chest looks swole. My layer of bodyfat looks full as well it's hiding a lot of definition...

I am +15 pounds and honestly pretty impressed... SD worked great last time but didn't even work this good. But last time, I ran the SD as the latter part of an Epi->SD bridge so I had already been eating "bulking" style for a month, whereas right now I have more or less come from a low carb environment, "primed" as they say.

I'm really not even eating that much. Yesterday I didn't have much over 3,000 calories. You don't have to eat much on SD to gain weight, it's powerful stuff. Eating over 4K calories resulted in that early jump in my cycle when i went from +4 to +10. My body tends to retain weight as it is, and on SD my weight just starts shooting up. It's really phenomenal, i love this stuff. Reminds me of all those threads where people can't gain weight on Superdrol. I can eat maintenance and put on weight, and when i eat to bulk, well you see the weight flies on. Gaining weight on SD is so damned easy you have to be on a restrictive diet not to gain weight.

Anyway i'm about to hit the gym then i'll come back and update.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 11 post workout

ROARRR

What can I say i felt like a monster in the gym. I was in there a long time, just didn't get tired, threw set after set at myself and tore up my shoulders. I threw some ab sets in there too, but found it difficult to work my abs because they would just keep going. On cable crunches I had to set the machine to 130! A bit more than usual.

I was filling out my shirt a lot. I really feel like it's hard for me to pass as a natural. It's unusual that I look big to myself, normally i see myself and despite what people say i still don't think i look big but that's changing.

Military press, did 135 for 8, 155 for 8, 175 for 8, 195 for 5. I'm bad at military press and I gave up on it long ago, although i shouldn't have. I've had shoulder issues in the past but they're working fine right now.
I did 6 sets of abs, spread out through the shoulder sets to give myself more recovery time.
I hit shoulders on the military "hammer strength" style machine but it didn't have a hammer grip, it was a normal horizontal grip. I had 80 pounds per side and did sets of 8.
I did shrugs with 4 and a half plates per side, sets of 15.
I did upright rows with 135, sets of 8-10.
Did rear delt flys with the 30 pounder dumbells, sets of 15-20.

Got a pretty intense upper body pump.

I just can't wait for my lifting days now, they're going so well it's amazing. I feel SD has hit much more concentrated levels now that i've spent a few days at 20mg. I feel so ON, i have so much confidence in the gym, i have to stop myself from swaggering too much, it's silly almost... can't believe people say they take SD and aren't noticing much... I feel amazing.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 12 236 (+16)

Yo. Gaining more weight here. I popped 10mg SD a couple hours ago, had to take my friend to the airport. Now i'm about to pin my right quad and get some more food in me before hitting the gym.

Feel very good today, hard and full, definitely ON. This stuff kicks in pretty fast and hard, SD has a pretty low half life like 6 hours iirc. If i have any complaints it's that i've been getting random erections that I cannot stop. They're marking it hard on me, pun intended, cuz i'll have to get up and realize I can't be seen with this throbbing erection pitching a tent in my pants.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
This log makes me want to try SD, but the toxicity...

Unreal, I can't remember if you mentioned it, but did you ever get blood work post-SD cycle before?

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nope. I know i should, but it's really a money issue. With all orals really, liver enzymes will be elevated, HDL will be too low and LDL will be too high, you give it some time and it goes back to normal unless you have some real genetic susceptibilities.

It's fun stuff. I know i didn't get bloodwork, but I feel the toxicity is overstated. The liver can take quite a lot, elevated enzymes just mean it's working. Some people call it rat poison and say it makes them feel lethargic, no appetite, shitty. That sounds like anadrol to me, heh, from my experience real SD doesn't have much sides and makes me feel great.

In other news i just pinned my right quad. Injected normally, after i pulled it out i got a gush of blood for about 2 seconds that dripped down my leg. It looks like i went through a vein that's pretty near the skin. I guess it's hard to inject without going through a vein, or maybe it's just my quads they've got little veins all over.

WeightShift

WeightShift

Awards
  • Established
If i have any complaints it's that i've been getting random erections that I cannot stop. They're marking it hard on me, pun intended, cuz i'll have to get up and realize I can't be seen with this throbbing erection pitching a tent in my pants.
Time to bust out the duct tape :lol:

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 12 Postworkout

I feel good and pumped. I could have done better in the gym though, i don't love back exercises and without a spotter there isn't much I can do for triceps.

I did dumbell rows, the 130 pounder for sets of 10.
Did the iso lat pulldown machine (looks like a hammer strength pulldown so you load plates on each side) 140 for 10, 180 for 10, 270 for 6, 230 for 10.
On my skullcrushers I only ended up with 125 for 6. I ended up having to change my grip to something wider to avoid elbow pain.
T-bar rows, more pulldowns and pushdowns for triceps. I hate counting the weight on machines because they're all different so it doesn't really matter what I say, 200 on my machine probably isn't the same as 200 on your machine.

No part of the workout was bad I just wasn't satisfied with the exercises. I avoided bent over rows because I know that'll induce some crazy back pumps. I started getting back pumps from doing the dumbell rows. They went away about 5 minutes after the last set.

Anyone know some good tricep exercises I can do without a spotter? i'm limited to awkward skullcrushers and cable pushdowns, I hate it.
Frenchpress doesn't work by myself, it's hard to get 100+ pound dumbells behind my head, and then the DBs are so long and wide that my ROM is shot.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Anyone know some good tricep exercises I can do without a spotter? i'm limited to awkward skullcrushers and cable pushdowns, I hate it.
Frenchpress doesn't work by myself, it's hard to get 100+ pound dumbells behind my head, and then the DBs are so long and wide that my ROM is shot.
Yes sir, I have fairly bad elbow tendonitis/bursitis; whatever it is, it severely limits what I can do without injuring my elbow. It's actually so bad I usually can't do more than a set or 2 of pushdowns, and I can't do skullcrushers at all. So, yeah, I know a few tricep exercises. My first suggestion is obvious (at least to me), but:

1) Close-grip bench. (If you can't get a spot, just don't go near failure, but the king of tricep builders IMO)

The rest of these are great and spotter- and elbow-pain free (for the most part), so they're Dragon13-approved! :thumbsup:

2) Weighted dips. Focus on keeping your elbows in and your body upright, not pitched forward. These 2 adjustments will keep the focus on the tris and off the pecs.

3) JM press. I never go too heavy on these b/c of the elbows, so no spotter needed. Hard to describe, best way to do it is to watch this (I can't post links yet): Google "JM press", links 1 & 2 have the same video. Starts describing exercise around 5-minute mark.

4) Neutral-grip DB presses (can vary between flat, incline and decline). Simply a press where you grip the DB neutrally, i.e. with your palms facing your body. You can also vary how close/far away from your body the pressing arc is to hit different heads of the tri. I love these, and for lighter sets I throw in the wrinkle of pressing with 1 arm at a time. Second only to close-grip for tris IMO.

5) Kneeling tricep extension (aka Scott Press). Again, easier to look here: Google "larry scott tricep press" and click first link.

These oughtta work for a while.

WeightShift

WeightShift

Awards
  • Established
How about CGBP on a Smith? I usually just deduct the weight of the bar and count just the plates I throw on.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 13 237 (+17)

First off, thanks to dragon for posting those tricep exercises. I think i'm going to start doing weighted dips and maybe close grip benching on the smith press. Weighted dips is a good one I have done them before but forgot about them recently :trout:

Anyway it's day 13. I don't know how I keep gaining more weight but i do. I've been feeling very on, even at night or first thing in the morning i've got a pump going in my muscles.

Up close I can tell I am bloated up pretty bad, but from a distance i just look BIG. The way I see this is the bloated environment is what helps your muscles to gain mass, the extra water acts to help transport nutrients, and thanks to a pretty full stomach my muscles are always bathing in tons of excess nutrients. I feel like I now have a fully anabolic environment established and I can start putting on the quality LBM now. The goal is to level off the weight gain as it approaches 250 and start to solidify it as much as I can. If I can get there fast enough I'll dedicate the last few weeks of test to recomping at 250. I just don't see the need for me to pass 250 at this point.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
First off, thanks to dragon for posting those tricep exercises. I think i'm going to start doing weighted dips and maybe close grip benching on the smith press. Weighted dips is a good one I have done them before but forgot about them recently :trout:

Anyway it's day 13. I don't know how I keep gaining more weight but i do. I've been feeling very on, even at night or first thing in the morning i've got a pump going in my muscles.

Up close I can tell I am bloated up pretty bad, but from a distance i just look BIG. The way I see this is the bloated environment is what helps your muscles to gain mass, the extra water acts to help transport nutrients, and thanks to a pretty full stomach my muscles are always bathing in tons of excess nutrients. I feel like I now have a fully anabolic environment established and I can start putting on the quality LBM now. The goal is to level off the weight gain as it approaches 250 and start to solidify it as much as I can. If I can get there fast enough I'll dedicate the last few weeks of test to recomping at 250. I just don't see the need for me to pass 250 at this point.
I would say that regular barbell close grips are better. imo

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
I would say that regular barbell close grips are better. imo
Agreed, avoid the Smith machine at all costs. That goes for every exercise, not just C-GB. Any benching on the Smith will not allow the slight natural arc a good bench groove will have. You will get much better results from free weights.

WeightShift

WeightShift

Awards
  • Established
Yea, I generally agree to stay away from the Smith, but when you don't have a spotter, I'm not fond of my triceps giving out on me with a couple 45s above me.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
unreal post some pics, 17lbs in 2 weeks is nuts

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 13 postworkout

All you can tell right now is that i've got a nice layer of bloat

It's not a fair comparison though, in my first pictures i had overhead lighting, and in this I have the flash flattening me.

Anyway with legs today I got hit with backpumps, which isn't good. I didnt' get backpumps this bad the first time I ran SD. One thing to consider is that since my MethylDrolXT couldn't last the whole cycle, i am dosing 20mg @ 10mg Methyl Drol + 10mg Methyl Vol.

squats, up to 315x10. Last time I ended on 345x5 so i have to say they're a little up, even though i was a set short.
Hack squats: up to 365x6 and then down using sets of 10 reps that created a monstrous pump in my quads and lower back.
calve raises: up to 415 pounds doing sets of 15 reps, then went back and did 315 for 25 or so.
By this point my legs were so pumped (yet tired) and i had enough of the back pumps that I finsihed up just supersetting leg extensions and hamstring curl machines, doing intense sets of 10-15 reps. On the extensions i tried to squeeze hard at the top of the rep. After these it was hard to walk out of there.

As for back pumps i need to order some taurine. Didn't think it would be a problem this time. It seems as if SD is affecting me harder than it did last time, which is surprising because it hit me hard last time. Of course i attribute some of my weight gain to rebounding carb stores from priming.

I'll try to get some better pictures, taken in the exact same manner as the first, to compare to. Give me a couple weeks. Then you can see what SD does.

Last edited:
UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 14 236 (+16)

Glad i'm not up any higher in weight i don't know what my body can take. I've been feeling kind of tired and perpetually full. I've been raking in almost 4K calories a day and honestly this seems like too much, I am going to clean it down to 3500 for the next few days and see how my weightgain is affected.

Couple of things, my back feels tender, might be from the combination of squatting and back pumps, anyway i'll have to go a little easy. My right quad, where I last injected, hurts very sharply now. I can deal with it of course, but the first 3 shots had no pain, but this is sharp, it's like a localized soreness that stings.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
My right quad, where I last injected, hurts very sharply now. I can deal with it of course, but the first 3 shots had no pain, but this is sharp, it's like a localized soreness that stings.

do i need to call the wambulance? hahaha. keep up the hard work unreal. mdrol made me lethargic as f uck, i couldnt wait to get off it. and i gained maybe 2-3 pounds in 2 weeks which wasnt too impressive. nuts shrank in 4-5 days and i was tired all the time with a slight loss of appetite

i guess my body just doesnt like it.