Injectable L carnitine best carb for insulin activity / timing?

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys.

Starting injectable L-Car this week.

Knowing that insulin is required to shuttle the L car properly, what is the best source of carbs to do so quickly. I’m assuming juices / dextrose? What have you found works for you?

Also, what is your timing for injection on both workout days / rest days. I’m assuming no pre workout injection for evening workouts?

Thanks!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I workout at 6pm and inject carnitine around 5pm and have no issues.

I believe taking with carbs only helps make the saturation period faster.. once saturated, dosage can drop and combing with carbs isn’t as important - I think. I notice no difference with or without carbs.

When I started I took 800mg Preworkout with 50g carbs from Gatorade powder. Now I just pin 400-500mg pre workout with no carbs unless my meal timing lines up that way.

@Hyde is very knowledgeable about this - hate to always lean on him but he will give you the most clear and concise answer.

Brianmc83

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I workout at 6pm and inject carnitine around 5pm and have no issues.

I believe taking with carbs only helps make the saturation period faster.. once saturated, dosage can drop and combing with carbs isn’t as important - I think. I notice no difference with or without carbs.

When I started I took 800mg Preworkout with 50g carbs from Gatorade powder. Now I just pin 400-500mg pre workout with no carbs unless my meal timing lines up that way.

@Hyde is very knowledgeable about this - hate to always lean on him but he will give you the most clear and concise answer.
What kind of results are you getting? Was thinking about adding this in but not sure about pinning daily. Also do you do subq or IM injections have been hearing conflicting things.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What kind of results are you getting? Was thinking about adding this in but not sure about pinning daily. Also do you do subq or IM injections have been hearing conflicting things.
I do daily IM injections. 1ml a day, I make my own injectable carnitine at 500mg/ml.

Nothing crazy results wise - I hired a coach this cut so it’s hard to tell what carnitine has done specifically. I can contribute additional vascularity and pumps but that’s the only thing I can pin point to carnitine itself. But there is good evidence to support fat loss and androgen receptor density, it seems like a no brainer to me to use it with how cheap it is to make yourself.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Sub q with carn is a bad idea
Hey guys.

Starting injectable L-Car this week.

Knowing that insulin is required to shuttle the L car properly, what is the best source of carbs to do so quickly. I’m assuming juices / dextrose? What have you found works for you?

Also, what is your timing for injection on both workout days / rest days. I’m assuming no pre workout injection for evening workouts?

Thanks!
Bro you are overthinking the crap out of this lol. You need a small insulin spike. You can put a tsp of sugar in your coffee, drink a protein shake, eat breakfast. Take 1-2iu of insulin, not all of them togther, pick one. You literaly just need a couple grams of carbs. And even if you take it without carbs it'll still work it'll just take longer. Wake up and eat breakfast, hop in the shower, pin your carn and hit the gym 30-45min later.

If your skipping breakfast then shower, pin, have a coffee with a tsp of sugar and hit the gym 30-45min later.

You could also skip carbs and do eaas or whey is it will cause a insulin spike.

You can also save it for post workout with a larger amount of carbs and protein and use it to help wirh recovery.

I got someone doing this right now because they are doing fasted morning cardio with yohimbine and caffine. Then later when they lift they use the carn with there post workout meal. Once you have pinned it a couple days in a row and your kinda "saturated" I'm not sure if that's a good choice of words, Well, once you get to there, you don't even really need to worry about the carbs as much. If you're eating like a BB or athlete 4-6x a day then you probably always have some carbs in your system after meal 1 anyways

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I do daily IM injections. 1ml a day, I make my own injectable carnitine at 500mg/ml.

Nothing crazy results wise - I hired a coach this cut so it’s hard to tell what carnitine has done specifically. But there is good evidence to support fat loss and androgen receptor density, it seems like a no brainer to me to use it with how cheap it is to make yourself.
Its a no brainer, speeds up fatloss, improves bodycomp, makes your gear work better and its good for your brain, your heart and your dong.

Its pretty great when it comes to natural supplements.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Sub q with carn is a bad idea

Bro you are overthinking the crap out of this lol. You need a small insulin spike. You can put a tsp of sugar in your coffee, drink a protein shake, eat breakfast. Take 1-2iu of insulin, not all of them togther, pick one. You literaly just need a couple grams of carbs. And even if you take it without carbs it'll still work it'll just take longer. Wake up and eat breakfast, hop in the shower, pin your carn and hit the gym 30-45min later.

If your skipping breakfast then shower, pin, have a coffee with a tsp of sugar and hit the gym 30-45min later.

You could also skip carbs and do eaas or whey is it will cause a insulin spike.

You can also save it for post workout with a larger amount of carbs and protein and use it to help wirh recovery.

I got someone doing this right now because they are doing fasted morning cardio with yohimbine and caffine. Then later when they lift they use the carn with there post workout meal. Once you have pinned it a couple days in a row and your kinda "saturated" I'm not sure if that's a good choice of words, Well, once you get to there, you don't even really need to worry about the carbs as much. If you're eating like a BB or athlete 4-6x a day then you probably always have some carbs in your system after meal 1 anyways
So it loads into your muscles and has a long half life / stays there long term as long as ur pinning every day I’m assuming?

So timing isn’t really the most important. Kinda like creatine?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Biggest drawback is high frequency injections. Im more and more setteling in on the 500mg 5x week on training days. I feel like that is the best of both worlds
So it loads into your muscles and has a long half life / stays there long term as long as ur pinning every day I’m assuming?

So timing isn’t really the most important. Kinda like creatine?
I don't have an answer for that, again, You're overthinking the crap out of it, if I said yes or no, it wouldn't change anything about how you use it. Its a vitamin, You can store certain amount of it and you can use a certain amount of it. I don't know what those amounts are. All your different Bodily functions in daily requirements use x amount and you want carnatine stores topped off. You need to take it daily or almost daily In order to get the benefits we're looking for. Guys it's just a amino acid, It's just a vitamin. Can you imagine if someone would start a thread of the best ways to take vitamin b or c? Just take it everyday or almost everyday

Reactions: SBH
drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Biggest drawback is high frequency injections. Im more and more setteling in on the 500mg 5x week on training days. I feel like that

I don't have an answer for that, again, You're overthinking the crap out of it, if I said yes or no, it wouldn't change anything about how you use it. Its a vitamin, You can store certain amount of it and you can use a certain amount of it. I don't know what those amounts are. All your different Bodily functions in daily requirements use x amount and you want carnatine stores topped off. You need to take it daily or almost daily In order to get the benefits we're looking for. Guys it's just a amino acid, It's just a vitamin. Can you imagine if someone would start a thread of the best ways to take vitamin b or c? Just take it everyday or almost everyday
Haha ya makes sense. However if it’s as good as everyone says it is with really noticeable results it would make sense to know how to use it as optimally as possible so ur not pissing ur $ down the trash.

Appreciate the info as always brother. You’ve been super helpful

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I think because this is injected ppl want to treat it like a steroid instead of a natural supplement
Haha ya makes sense. However if it’s as good as everyone says it is with really noticeable results it would make sense to know how to use it as optimally as possible so ur not pissing ur $ down the trash.

Appreciate the info as always brother. You’ve been super helpful
The most important part is taking it everyday or almost everyday 200-2000mg seems to be the common range. 500-600 very common and you wqnt a small insulin spike Everything else is micro managing for a extra Unnoticeable 0.001%.

Kinda like hgh. You have 50 million people tell you the best way to use it. But every single trainer/ped guy will agree that the only thing that really matters is you take your daily total dose, am or pm, all at once or split up. The difference is minimal at best.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You still need to keep your expectations realistic, Three quarters of the benefits this supplement provides you are not visually noticeable. The things you will notice are its ability to improve your exercise compassity. Sweat more, grind out more sets and reps.

If you pin 500mg before the gym and your not sweating more then normal and feel like you can pump out 1.5 to double your normal volume then maybe question the source

Brianmc83

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Not sure if we are allowed to talk sources but if so any thoughts on amino asylum?

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if we are allowed to talk sources but if so any thoughts on amino asylum?
Sources for legal supplaments are allowed.

I’ve heard they’re decent lots of people use their LCAR. I’m sure others will chime in

Th3k1d93

Awards
I know this is a couple months old, but for what it's worth it's piss cheap and stupid easy to just brew your own. I wouldn't pay anyone the markup they're asking just to push an amino acid through a .22 wheel filter with saline.

I'm not overly obsessed with the gym and certainly not body building, but i use it daily just for the overall health benefits along with a massive stack of other stuff i take for longevity/cognition.