Fat loss insan1ty with Sup3r-11 and Ignit3

Rand0m

Awards
  • Established
Personally I think metabolism will inevitably adapt in a long deficit. At least when you're close to getting "lean". I've done various diets throughout the years with positive results but slow and steady has always worked the best for me in terms of sustainability (muscle, strength, psychologically, metabolism, etc…). And by slow and steady I mean a decent loss rate but at the highest intake possible for as long as possible until stalling. But I haven't been over 15% BF in 4 years so it's going to be quite a different experience. I'm a big eater too and like someone else mentioned, intermittent fasting was a strategy that actually helped quite a bit. Even though I no longer fast (been a year), hunger is something I have an easier time with mentally compared to before. Anyway, subbed to support your journey. Keep it up and stay strong!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How is your fiber intake? If you wanna know one of my diet/appetite/health friends often not talked about Ill tell you.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Personally I think metabolism will inevitably adapt in a long deficit. At least when you're close to getting "lean". I've done various diets throughout the years with positive results but slow and steady has always worked the best for me in terms of sustainability (muscle, strength, psychologically, metabolism, etc…). And by slow and steady I mean a decent loss rate but at the highest intake possible for as long as possible until stalling. But I haven't been over 15% BF in 4 years so it's going to be quite a different experience. I'm a big eater too and like someone else mentioned, intermittent fasting was a strategy that actually helped quite a bit. Even though I no longer fast (been a year), hunger is something I have an easier time with mentally compared to before. Anyway, subbed to support your journey. Keep it up and stay strong!
Welcome aboard! Thanks for sharing your experience. You may be right. We will see how much it has an effect maybe?

How is your fiber intake? If you wanna know one of my diet/appetite/health friends often not talked about Ill tell you.
Fiber intake is less than it "should" be. I'm eating about 3-4 servings of Broccoli/day and I probably should be eating more like 6. I'm in for any ideas you have man. Like I said, I may seem stubborn and like I'm not listening or doing things, but I will have all these ideas kicking around in my head and then when I need them, I will change as I need to.

Thanks again for all of the support for all that are following along!

Today's Weigh in:

Bodyweight: 199.5
Tanita Bodyfat %: 29%
Waist: 42.75"

Not a huge change. I had some cravings last night, but held off. I am hoping over the next couple days I get some change in the scale that is a little more dramatic than what I'm seeing.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome aboard! Thanks for sharing your experience. You may be right. We will see how much it has an effect maybe?

Fiber intake is less than it "should" be. I'm eating about 3-4 servings of Broccoli/day and I probably should be eating more like 6. I'm in for any ideas you have man. Like I said, I may seem stubborn and like I'm not listening or doing things, but I will have all these ideas kicking around in my head and then when I need them, I will change as I need to.

Thanks again for all of the support for all that are following along!

Today's Weigh in:

Bodyweight: 199.5

Not a huge change. I had some cravings last night, but held off. I am hoping over the next couple days I get some change in the scale that is a little more dramatic than what I'm seeing.
I use bulk whole psyllium husks (yerba prima.) A couple of rounded tablespoons 15+ minutes before a meal helps you feel fuller and help your digestion as well, its good for you. Its my special staple over the years especially when cutting and dealing with hunger issues. It also keeps you regular.

Get whole husks, not powder. Powder is hard to drink as it thickens fast. Always have extra water on hand in case any get stuck. Start with only 1 tablespoon a couple times a day to get used to it. Sometimes Ill go as high as 3-4 tablespoons. Mix fast and chug before it gets too thick.

Anyways, you dont have to do this just thought I drop a personal favorite of mine.

Keep it up!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I use bulk whole psyllium husks (yerba prima.) A couple of rounded tablespoons 15+ minutes before a meal helps you feel fuller and help your digestion as well, its good for you. Its my special staple over the years especially when cutting and dealing with hunger issues. It also keeps you regular.

Get whole husks, not powder. Powder is hard to drink as it thickens fast. Always have extra water on hand in case any get stuck. Start with only 1 tablespoon a couple times a day to get used to it. Sometimes Ill go as high as 3-4 tablespoons. Mix fast and chug before it gets too thick.

Anyways, you dont have to do this just thought I drop a personal favorite of mine.

Keep it up!
Actually, that is something I've done before. I should be doing that, so I am going to see if I can grab some husks. Thanks!

Reactions: ax1
hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Keep it up!
I bought the bulk powder and mixed one heaped table spoon with my protein shake. The shake turned solid. LOL

Reactions: ax1
HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
NOW he does. But he never should have let it get to this :)
I like my protein shake steeped for 2-3 days, LOL!

(I guess everyone here knows the smell)

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So, today I ate a little more. Total intake included 2 scoops of Isomorph, 5 oz of chicken, 1 bag of beef jerky, 9 oz of tilapia and a bag of broccoli. Total intake of about 1,050 calories and 190 grams of protein.

This afternoon. I was feeling really ....I don't know....unmotivated. I just couldn't get things accomplished. I was tired but didn't want to sleep. It felt a little like depression without being sad. I decided to run to home depot to grab some things and while I was there I decided I needed to cheat a bit. I grabbed the bag of jerky, which was 270 calories, and once I ate that I felt a ton better.

I expect that tomorrow or Thursday I should have a decent drop of at least 2 pounds....Maybe even more. It just happens like that in my experience.

Also, I've been drinking a lot today. Maybe an extra half gallon over my normal intake, which is already fairly high .

I am not noticing much from the T3. Wondering if it has degraded being liquid....Maybe I need to up the dose more. Maybe I should just stay put for now. We will see how the next week goes I guess.

Hastur

Awards
So, today I ate a little more. Total intake included 2 scoops of Isomorph, 5 oz of chicken, 1 bag of beef jerky, 9 oz of tilapia and a bag of broccoli. Total intake of about 1,050 calories and 190 grams of protein.

This afternoon. I was feeling really ....I don't know....unmotivated. I just couldn't get things accomplished. I was tired but didn't want to sleep. It felt a little like depression without being sad. I decided to run to home depot to grab some things and while I was there I decided I needed to cheat a bit. I grabbed the bag of jerky, which was 270 calories, and once I ate that I felt a ton better.

I expect that tomorrow or Thursday I should have a decent drop of at least 2 pounds....Maybe even more. It just happens like that in my experience.

Also, I've been drinking a lot today. Maybe an extra half gallon over my normal intake, which is already fairly high .

I am not noticing much from the T3. Wondering if it has degraded being liquid....Maybe I need to up the dose more. Maybe I should just stay put for now. We will see how the next week goes I guess.
Running on low calories for extended periods of time will cause lethargy, this is inevitable. No matter how many supplements or compounds are taken, sometimes your body just needs calories. I know personally on Keto running a major deficit I felt sluggish frequently even on ECA and other stimulants. Only perking up around meals. And you're at 1000cals, I couldn't even do cardio on that little. I could barely lift at 1700 on Keto. I don't know by what measure you are holding the T3 to, but if you are expecting rapid weight loss or energy, you won't get it from T3 alone, it does work but the only thing that really gives daily results in the mirror in this short of a time frame is Tren and DNP. You started this log, what, 2 weeks ago? Give yourself more time!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Running on low calories for extended periods of time will cause lethargy, this is inevitable. No matter how many supplements or compounds are taken, sometimes your body just needs calories. I know personally on Keto running a major deficit I felt sluggish frequently even on ECA and other stimulants. Only perking up around meals. And you're at 1000cals, I couldn't even do cardio on that little. I could barely lift at 1700 on Keto. I don't know by what measure you are holding the T3 to, but if you are expecting rapid weight loss or energy, you won't get it from T3 alone, it does work but the only thing that really gives daily results in the mirror in this short of a time frame is Tren and DNP. You started this log, what, 2 weeks ago? Give yourself more time!
Hey man, thanks. Yeah, I am not expecting miracles from the T3 but I was on this diet for 4 months last year and I was losing 0.5 pounds per day. It wasn't necessarily every day but when it wasn't, it would bud up and in 4-5 days I'd drop 2-3 pounds suddenly. For some reason, I touched 199 last week, actually gained weight and now I am just getting back to 199 this morning. Without the T3 I would have lost weight in my experience. I am starting to wonder see if the T3 is starting to cause some kind of water retention ...I know this is abnormal.al, but I see some references to the possibility when I search. The mirror and visual observations seem to reflect some progress, and my pants are a little bit looser...I can go a notch tighter on my belt, etc.

I was hoping others could see that sometimes you won't lose weight for a week and then suddenly it comes off. I see so many people talking about stalling on diets and they just need to give it time. But this just shows that even with that knowledge I still need you to remind me because it can still be frustrating. Just gotta give it time and keep going.

I took a full scoop of Revivarant G last night...I was OUT. My gf got out of the shower and woke me up this morning, saying, "Are you ever going to get up?" And I asked why she didn't wake me, she said she thought I was awake because I picked my head up and looked at her when she got out if bed. I even remember. I am a little dizzy, but that is subsiding fast.

Today's weigh :

Bodyweight: 199 pounds
Tania Bodyfat %: 29%
Waist: 42.5+ (less than 42.75...not quite sure if I am pulling the tape too tight to get to the 42.5...it's probably in between).

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How do you measure your waist? Do you measure it squeezed every time or let it all out? Just curious. I do mine squeezed for years 1st thing in the morning around the belly button.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How do you measure your waist? Do you measure it squeezed every time or let it all out? Just curious. I do mine squeezed for years 1st thing in the morning around the belly button.
Relaxed. I let it all hang out...I try to get the worst possible measurement.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So, today has been a bit of a mess. It's been one of those days where I've been running all day, but I'm getting NOTHING done. Plus, I had a fender bender in a parking lot as I was pulling into a spot and a guy opened his door into the front corner of my car. It's been good.

At 5 PM I had eaten NOTHING but black coffee all day (plus some Orange Triad and Fish oil) Obviously that's not the goal, but it's actually weird, if I don't START eating, I don't get hungry and I wind up missing calories.

When I got home I had 2 scoops of Select in Water and a protein granola bar, which isn't on the diet but I was about to workout and I figured I would need some help. Total of about 420 calories for all of that. Then I went to workout and I just don't have it in me so I will do that tomorrow night.

Given the day and my lack of eating, etc. - I'm thinking of having a cheat meal. Part of me really doesn't want to because I expect I'm about to lose some weight here (I weighed myself earlier today and I was 199 pounds during the day) - but part of me is really feeling the need. I'm thinking of getting some BBQ chicken wings and 4 mozzarella cheese sticks from a local place. It's chicken at least :)

I haven't totally made up my mind...but I am leaning toward that.

Rand0m

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you need it. At least a proper refeed. Just don't go nuts and it probably won't make a dent, especially since you ate only 420 calories today?!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Given the day and my lack of eating, etc. - I'm thinking of having a cheat meal. Part of me really doesn't want to because I expect I'm about to lose some weight here (I weighed myself earlier today and I was 199 pounds during the day) - but part of me is really feeling the need. I'm thinking of getting some BBQ chicken wings and 4 mozzarella cheese sticks from a local place. It's chicken at least :)

I haven't totally made up my mind...but I am leaning toward that.
Personally in my own philosophy I make cheat meal's focus on just eating more food rather than eating junk food I shouldnt be eating. Have bigger portion or have an extra healthy meal. Try that first and see if it satisfies you. Dont go waaaay overboard on your caloric goals and simply go right back to business the next day.

It helps my psychology to not cheat with junk food too, I dont need to bring back habitual attachments Ive had in the past then Im struggling more with what my head wants rather than what my body needs.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Personally in my own philosophy I make cheat meal's focus on just eating more food rather than eating junk food I shouldnt be eating. Have bigger portion or have an extra healthy meal. Try that first and see if it satisfies you. Dont go waaaay overboard on your caloric goals and simply go right back to business the next day.

It helps my psychology to not cheat with junk food too, I dont need to bring back habitual attachments Ive had in the past then Im struggling more with what my head wants rather than what my body needs.
That last sentence is a huge part of this. I was so tired yesterday and eating out is so easy and ...it is almost a way to just unwind. Which isn't a real healthy approach.

I had 6 wings, which I estimate to be about 8-10 oz of chicken. With the sauce and batter (Whatever this place uses, it is very light batter, these are basically chunks of chicken) and 4 mozzarella cheese sticks. I can't imagine the entire meal being more than 1500 calories, so it shouldn't be a huge set back. I didn't have a snack or anything.

I kind of feel like I was just beginning to "suffer" yesterday and I caved. I probably should have stuck to it a bit harder, but life happens and we all have our weaknesses. In the long run, it shouldn't have a dramatic impact.

This morning my weigh in was exactly the same as yesterday.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I eat out all the time with my wife. Many restaurants have salads these days, Ive learned to love them. Usually Ill get a cobb type salad, something with grilled chicken, and it will have some bacon and cheese. No dressing and just let the bacon and cheese flavor your greens. It should be around 500 calories or so. If no salad Ill get a burger with no bun and look for steamed veggies if possible or eat a small steak. Whats best about the salad is you can take your time to eat it rather than eating a few pieces of steak in a minute and you hit your macros. Eating slowly give your brain time to trigger that you ate.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Today was busy. I didn't have much time to eat again. It is weird because I am actually just not hungry and not thinking about it. In the late afternoon I grabbed a bag of jerky that had about 230 calories and about 35 grams of protein. When I got home I had 2 scoops of Isomorph in water with some Now brand Psyllium Husks. For dinner I had 6 oz of chicken and some cauliflower. Totals for the day are about 870 calories and about 140 grams of protein.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was busy. I didn't have much time to eat again. It is weird because I am actually just not hungry and not thinking about it. In the late afternoon I grabbed a bag of jerky that had about 230 calories and about 35 grams of protein. When I got home I had 2 scoops of Isomorph in water with some Now brand Psyllium Husks. For dinner I had 6 oz of chicken and some cauliflower. Totals for the day are about 870 calories and about 140 grams of protein.
Sounds good, a lot of protein for such a small amount of food.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sounds good, a lot of protein for such a small amount of food.
Yeah, that is the idea of the diet...pretty much just protein and a huge caloric deficit.

Today's weigh in:

Weight: 199 pounds
Bodyfat %: 29%
Waist: 43"

This is just strange, since I'm eating so little, the weight HAS to start coming off soon. I've seen this happen before, but not for quite this long. I've been stuck at 199/201 for over a week now. This is pretty frustrating, but I just have to keep plugging and be patient.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just some other thoughts on this run so far.

I've been taking 1 pump (2 ml) of Sup3r-11 in the morning after I get out of the shower, and then a second dose late in the day. I've been applying to my neck, traps, shoulders, chest and letting it dry, then following with some hand sanitizer 5-20 minutes later depending on how long I can wait. This may not be necessary, but it's just an extra step that I don't think can hurt.

I've been taking Sup3r-11 for 25 days now (including today) and I still have a small amount in the bottle. I may run out at 26-27 days. I may have been under dosing some days and over-dosing other days, because a while back I realized I would reach a sticking point sometimes and if I pushed just a little further, it would explode and I'd get a good amount more. Either way, 27 days in my experience with a pump isn't too far off. It's actually going to be the closest to 30 I have seen from a pump (and I'm just estimating, it may be closer).

Still, I thought I would bring the A game for the next 8 weeks and I dumped my next 2 bottles into a tupperware container, added 24 ml of DMSO and 24 ml of 91% rubbing alcohol, and warmed in a heat bath. The particles that are visible in the original solution are pretty much gone after this, and they seem to be staying in suspension after a couple days. Once I run out of the current bottle, I will be dosing with an oral syringe from this new solution.

As far as feelings or sides, or anything of that nature, I'm not noticing anything like that from the Sup3r-11, at least not directly. I have noticed that I'm a little less stressed, maybe a little more confident, and over the past week I've noticed I've been sleeping REALLY well. I'm talking, out cold.

Normally, on this type of diet and with T3, I would expect the weight to be coming off faster and my strength to be dropping more quickly. What I find interesting is that when I started this, I was having serious trouble squatting every other day. My legs were cramping and I wasn't recovering at all. Since starting the Sup3r-11 and T3, I've been hitting every other day for a little over a week without any issues at all. My strength is down a little, but not at all what I would expect from such a setup. For the most part, I've remained the same I would say. I have some workouts where I am a little stronger in some things and a little weaker in other things and then the next workout it reverses and overall it just kind of hovers around the same area. Just the glycogen depletion alone should account for some strength loss. I'm just not seeing it.

I'm certainly low on energy, which is understandable.

Really the only things I'm taking for fat loss at the moment are Brite, Sup3r-11 and T3. I find it unlikely the T3 or Brite would preserve strength so I have to attribute this to the Sup3r-11. There could be some increased protein synthesis from the T3, but since we are talking about a compound that is notorious for "wasting" muscle..I wouldn't expect it.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would up on fats, it should stimulate fat loss.
IMHO your body is burning the eaten protein as its first source.

Rand0m

Awards
  • Established
That is the goal.
Would be an impressive feat. I lasted 2 weeks on it. Although I was pretty lean at the time and didn't need to go much longer, I don't think I could have if I wanted to.

Very low fats in a PSMF diet

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree, although the idea is just to create the largest deficit possible. The protein. I am taking in is probably being burned, but the hope is that it prevents protein loss from muscle and organ tissue. I love the idea of adding fats, especially mct/coconut oils and omega 3s...but I limit my fat intake on this diet to 6 grams of fish oil and whatever is unavoidable.

Would be an impressive feat. I lasted 2 weeks on it. Although I was pretty lean at the time and didn't need to go much longer, I don't think I could have if I wanted to.

Very low fats in a PSMF diet
I ran it for 16 weeks last year...but at an even higher body fat %. It definitely gets harder at lower percentages. The cheat meals are necessary from a mental standpoint, especially since I really like junk food. But once you get into the swing and on a schedule, it isn't bad.

This diet works for me because it removes a lot of decisions and is strict enough that I don't turn an inch into a foot.

Today I've had 3 scoops of Isomorph, 4 tablespoons of psyllium husks, 6 oz of chicken and a bag of steamed broccoli. About 760 calories and about 140 grams of protein.

I was going to workout but I got through my first set of squats and had no energy left. I didn't push it. I just wasn't feeling it. Beginning to wonder if 5 x 5 just isn't good for me on this diet. I may switch it up.

Rand0m

Awards
  • Established
I agree, although the idea is just to create the largest deficit possible. The protein. I am taking in is probably being burned, but the hope is that it prevents protein loss from muscle and organ tissue. I love the idea of adding fats, especially mct/coconut oils and omega 3s...but I limit my fat intake on this diet to 6 grams of fish oil and whatever is unavoidable.

I ran it for 16 weeks last year...but at an even higher body fat %. It definitely gets harder at lower percentages. The cheat meals are necessary from a mental standpoint, especially since I really like junk food. But once you get into the swing and on a schedule, it isn't bad.

This diet works for me because it removes a lot of decisions and is strict enough that I don't turn an inch into a foot.

Today I've had 3 scoops of Isomorph, 4 tablespoons of psyllium husks, 6 oz of chicken and a bag of steamed broccoli. About 760 calories and about 140 grams of protein.

I was going to workout but I got through my first set of squats and had no energy left. I didn't push it. I just wasn't feeling it. Beginning to wonder if 5 x 5 just isn't good for me on this diet. I may switch it up.
I was running greyskull LP (3x5+) at the time. My energy was sapped very early on the diet and my workouts were terrible by the end. If I did it again I'd do a similar training scheme but maybe do reverse pyramid on the main lifts to keep my strength up. But I won't because it was brutal for me lol.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good looking stack!
Thanks. Right now it is just Sup3r-11, Brite, T3. We will see what happens.

I was running greyskull LP (3x5+) at the time. My energy was sapped very early on the diet and my workouts were terrible by the end. If I did it again I'd do a similar training scheme but maybe do reverse pyramid on the main lifts to keep my strength up. But I won't because it was brutal for me lol.
Yeah, this diet can be really tough. For me, it just fits my mental makeup. But 5x5 is really draining me. Last year I did more of Mentzer/Yates type workout and it went fairly well. I may swap back.

Today's weigh in:
Bodyweight: 197 pounds
Tanita Bodyfat %: 29℅

The weight looks like it's starting to drop again. Let's hope this continues

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks. Right now it is just Sup3r-11, Brite, T3. We will see what happens.

Yeah, this diet can be really tough. For me, it just fits my mental makeup. But 5x5 is really draining me. Last year I did more of Mentzer/Yates type workout and it went fairly well. I may swap back.

Today's weigh in:
Tanita Bodyfat %: 29℅

The weight looks like it's starting to drop again. Let's hope this continues
Yes! Weight is dropping!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes! Weight is dropping!
Yeah, about time. It seems like I touched 199 maybe 10+ days ago, then rebounded and took forever to get past the 199 mark. I hope it starts happening soon ...just have to be patient and have some trust maybe.

I just took a shower and applied my second dose of Sup3r-11 after my workout. I've decided to go back to my old way of working out. When I started 5X5 I liked the idea, but squatting every other day in a caloric deficit has some issues that I think are foolish to continue trying to overcome. My legs finally stopped cramping and now I feel like I'm developing an over use strain in my right quadriceps. I think the setup will work, but I need to be more dedicated to gaining strength and eating for recovery then I can be right now. I felt kind of guilty abandoning it, I don't like changing directions before I see things through. I always imagined I would get to a point where I was gaining and the gains would stop and then I would switch...that didn't happen with this round of Stronglifts.

So, my old workouts were based on Mentzer's theories and used a "bro split" and I'm sure people who are wondering what the heck I'm doing in all this are going to think I'm even more nuts now, but here is tonight's workout.

Chest & Biceps (the show muscles)
Incline Dumbbell Flyes -
1 X 8 X 95 pounds warm-up
1 X 8 X 125 pounds working set.
The working set was carried to complete failure, I lowered the last rep slowly and attempted 9 but couldn't get any tension to get movement, I failed.

Bench Presses -
1 drop set.
2 reps X 200
1 X 185
3 X 165

Each drop was carried to complete failure.

Dips:
1 X 5 X Bodyweight (carried to failure)

Barbell Curls:
1 X 8 X 45 pounds (warm-up)
1 X 8 X 75 - carried to complete failure. Tried for 9, but it wasn't happening. I was in quite a bit of pain and probably should have maybe done some cheat reps, but my intensity isn't up to where it used to be.

Cable Curls:
1 Drop Set
10 reps X 30
3 X 25
4 X 20
2 X 15

These had my arms screaming, and actually I was breathing pretty heavy too. Each drop was carried to failure, although with such light weights I always feel like maybe there was 1 more left. Again, as I get my intensity back up there, maybe I will push extra just from that.

I was surprised, because the 5X5 routine has much more volume, but I was getting a really good pump tonight and I almost NEVER get a good pump. It was actually one of the best pumps I can ever remember and it was really low volume. Actually, the volume is so low I am sure some of you may question if it will do anything, but I am pretty dead right now.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Low session volume can be compensated for by increased frequency...did u say u bro splitting tho

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
LOL - yes, I'm doing chest/biceps, legs, rest, shoulders/triceps, back, rest, rest. It's just 1X per week and that part of the reason I went to the 5X5.

The plan is to get the intensity very high though. This is what I've used in the past and I've looked at a bunch of other layouts/routines, but if you have any suggestions, it's not too late for me to try something new if I like it. My thinking here is just that I need more recovery time due to the deficit. I doubt I will gain any strength, but I'm just trying to hold onto as much as I can.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Some guys treat training to failure as some kind of evil, counter productive tactic...as a Mentzer guy Im assuming youd find such thinking fearmongering bs. If so, good.

I dunno man, my general philosophy is to train as often as you can tolerate; train with as much frequency as each bodypart will allow.

You will likely overreach before you overtrain (you probably familiar with this, I recall you contributing to the overtraining topic of week thread).

IMO, if you gonna go the low session volume route, increase bout frequency to maintain (strength/muscle/progression)...or you will begin to detrain (which unfortunately has similiar symptoms to atrophy/overtraining ie loss of strength, muscle etc).

So, you end up looking at your gross weekly volume as somewhat equivalent whether you train with high session volume (but low bout frequency) or low session volume (but high bout frequency).

How often you can train bodypart X will of course depend on lots of personal variables; finding an optimal balance will require experimentation, and will obviously change as personal variables change.

raul87

raul87

Awards
  • Established
Your bench volume looks low to me and isn't it better to do the dropset at the end as to not effect your working sets? Also I'm curious on your db flyes not to sound like a douche but I can bench much more than you and no way in hell can I do legit flyes at the weight you're doing. Good job on getting the scale to go down more I just weighed and no weight change but it is barely my 6th day haha so I got a ways to go.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Some guys treat training to failure as some kind of evil, counter productive tactic...as a Mentzer guy Im assuming youd find such thinking fearmongering bs. If so, good.

I dunno man, my general philosophy is to train as often as you can tolerate; train with as much frequency as each bodypart will allow.

You will likely overreach before you overtrain (you probably familiar with this, I recall you contributing to the overtraining topic of week thread).

IMO, if you gonna go the low session volume route, increase bout frequency to maintain (strength/muscle/progression)...or you will begin to detrain (which unfortunately has similiar symptoms to atrophy/overtraining ie loss of strength, muscle etc).

So, you end up looking at your gross weekly volume as somewhat equivalent whether you train with high session volume (but low bout frequency) or low session volume (but high bout frequency).

How often you can train bodypart X will of course depend on lots of personal variables; finding an optimal balance will require experimentation, and will obviously change as personal variables change.
My philosophy is actually somewhat similar ...but my goal is to improve every workout. Stimulate - recover - grow. The more often you can do that cycle, the faster you grow. But in this case I am trying to allow for growth between every workout Maybe I can build in double workouts and do total body in 2 apologetics a week.

Your bench volume looks low to me and isn't it better to do the dropset at the end as to not effect your working sets? Also I'm curious on your db flyes not to sound like a douche but I can bench much more than you and no way in hell can I do legit flyes at the weight you're doing. Good job on getting the scale to go down more I just weighed and no weight change but it is barely my 6th day haha so I got a ways to go.
I just did 1 set to failure on bench. It was a drop set. I did 2 reps at 200, dropped the weight to 185 with no rest and did 1 rep, dropped to 165 with no rest and did 3 reps. That was it.

And your flyers question is valid. I have Olympic dumbbell handles that together weight 25 pounds. 2-25 pointed plates on one of these is 62.5 pounds and that's what I used, I was just using the total weight for both db's because it was easier. I was just using 62.5 pound dumbbells.

Sorry for not being more clear. My system may not be the way most people record.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm gonna go right ahead and say that if you need a diet tailored to help lean you out and keep performance up I can help you out there.
Hastur has me beat for andro knowledge but I can help you get the best bang for your buck diet approach to lean you down which will make all these products super effective,

PM for details and send me your email and i'll help you out. Olympus Labs reigns!!!!!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm gonna go right ahead and say that if you need a diet tailored to help lean you out and keep performance up I can help you out there.

Hastur has me beat for andro knowledge but I can help you get the best bang for your buck diet approach to lean you down which will make all these products super effective,

PM for details and send me your email and i'll help you out. Olympus Labs reigns!!!!!
Hey man, thank you for the offer! I may just take you up on that. I love talking about this stuff and trying to learn. I'm a slow learner and slow to change my ways. If you can put up with that, I appreciate your input! Hastur is definitely one of a kind and very willing to help and I appreciate all he has done for me.

Today's weigh in:
Waist: 42.5" (maybe a little less....almost thought 42.25" but then I double checked...)

I applied 1 pump of Sup3r-11 when I got out of the shower this morning and it's still coming out of the bottle. Today is day #27 and the pump is starting to putter a little, but it's still coming. Maybe I'll get 28 days or even 29 days. This is ironic for me because normally with all the transdermal that come with a pump, I'm the one complaining that it only last me 21 days or something.

Also, I'm starting to think the psyllium husk recommendation from Ax1 may make a bigger difference than expected. Obviously with such a low level of food intake, bowel movements became less frequent, and this could obviously hinder weight loss. Not to go into too much detail, but the psyllium husks have improved this greatly and I expect it will help the weight loss pick up. It is interesting that I was stuck around 199 for so long and within a couple days of adding that in I was down to 197.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Alright, sorry for the late update on this. Today's weigh in was uneventful - exactly the same as yesterday, no movement.

Last night I was going to do a leg workout. Part of the reason I decided to switch from the 5X5 routine was that as much as I actually liked squatting all the time, my hip and the front of my right thigh were starting to hurt and feel strained. I normally like to start my 4-day cycle on either legs or back because I don't like to start off with my "show muscle" and I want to get the real work out of the way first, but given this situation I did chest & bi's 2 nights ago and then tried to go back last night and do squats during a leg workout.

Well, I set everything up, went to do a warm up set of squats, did my first rep, and threw in the towel. Something is just not right with my hip and I need to let it heal a little. Maybe in a week it will be better. I'm going to try to continue with the other workouts, but it isn't wise for me to push this I don't think. I'm all for working through injuries, but not working toward injuries.

Today, so far, I've had 2 scoops of Isomorph and that's about it. It's strange that I'm just not hungry. I will have some chicken in a little while and then some fish for dinner I think. And some broccoli.

I've been mixing psyllium husks in with my protein shakes, and put a little too much in this morning. It was no longer a shake, but more like a pudding. Actually, more like a crème of wheat. I haven't decided if it was gross, or has the potential for a low calorie, high protein treat....it was certainly a strange texture.

Also, I tried to use my first bottle of Sup3r-11 this morning and the pump failed, and I opened it up and dumped the contents onto my shoulders and barely anything came out. So it looks like it lasted me 27 days and like I said - that's not bad for a pump. I added 2.4 ml of my Sup3r-11 mixture in an oral syringe to what I already used so I got a little extra this morning. I'm sure it will make all the difference!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I told you that psyllium may turn solid if mixed with your shake, LMAO.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I told you that psyllium may turn solid if mixed with your shake, LMAO.
You and Ax said the POWDER. This is whole husks as were recommended. I follow SOME instruction.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You and Ax said the POWDER. This is whole husks as were recommended. I follow SOME instruction.
I did not subscribe to see you following instructions, you are our test pilot for unusual approaches, remember?
Now, next time use double the amount of husks and see if the protein shake turns into a protein bar.
LOL

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I did not subscribe to see you following instructions, you are our test pilot for unusual approaches, remember?
Now, next time use double the amount of husks and see if the protein shake turns into a protein bar.
LOL
LOL - funny you should mention this, I was kind of thinking that....like maybe I could make a quest bar out of it somehow, haha.

And "test pilot" doesn't mean I want to become a "crash test dummy"

So, today was just a light day - 3 scoops of protein powder and I'm about to have some Salmon and veggies. I'm just not hungry but trying to get my protein in. Last night it was hard getting to sleep - things just kept racing through my mind and I kept waking up and laying there thinking. Today I was pretty tired and run down.

Since I kind of skipped the workout last night, I decided to go ahead and do my back tonight. I already know what everyone is going to say here, "Just 4 sets!?" ....flame on. I know this approach is unpopular too and I am much less advanced than others on this forum, so I do listen - but this is what I did last year on the PSMF and it worked, so I'm going to try it again. The low volume matches the low calories :)

Anyway, here's the workout:

Deadlifts:
1 X 8 X 225 warm-up
Then a drop set as follows:
3 X 405 (carried failure)
1 X 375 (carried failure)
2 X 345 (carried failure)
5 X 315 (carried failure)

Pull Ups:
3 reps X Bodyweight + 25 pounds

I couldn't get the 4th rep so, without rest/superset fashion, I stepped up on a bench and proceeded to do negatives, where I got above the bar, stepped off the bench and lowered myself slowly.

Negative Pull Ups
8 reps X Bodyweight + 25 pounds - this wasn't quite to failure, but I was pretty damned winded.

Bent-Over Rows:
1 set X 4 reps X 175 (carried failure)

Under Handed Pull Downs - drop set:
7 X 135 (carried failure)
1 X 120 (carried failure)
2 X 105 (carried failure)

And that's it. Quick, but not so easy. I was actually sweating buckets.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, in a huge deficit doing weighted pull-ups. Your approach doing less- but heavier sets, should technically work as well as more -and lighter weights to preserve muscles.
Personally, I would go for more volume with moderate weights, to have sort of an cardio effect too. Interesting to see how all this turns out!

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow, in a huge deficit doing weighted pull-ups. Your approach doing less- but heavier sets, should technically work as well as more -and lighter weights to preserve muscles.
Personally, I would go for more volume with moderate weights, to have sort of an cardio effect too. Interesting to see how all this turns out!
Keep the heavy approach and just shorten up your rest periods if you want cardio benefits.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Keep the heavy approach and just shorten up your rest periods if you want cardio benefits.
So, doing drop sets with heavy weights on deadlifts will get your heart pumping and your lungs gasping for air, believe me. This type of training is a real strain cardiovascularly. It's more like tabata training than LISS. Keeping the rest periods shorter is part of the key. I rest just long enough to be sure I can give my all again on every set. Maybe 2 minutes on average...more on things like deads, less on things like barbell curls.

Today's weigh in, again, no change:

Bodyweight :197.5 (this actually went UP!??)
Tanita Bodyfat%: 29%
Waist: 42.5"

My stomach is getting kind of weird and saggy/hanging. It's hard to see when I'm standing up, but if I bend over a little or lay in certain positions it's kind of strange looking. Lyle Macdonald has mentioned this and I've experienced it before. It's like you have marbles under your skin and I believe it goes along with the water retention that seems to occur during fat loss. My body is definitely changing, it just isn't overly obvious from a visual perspective I don't think.

So far it's been 29 days and I've lost about 15 pounds. This is around where I am normally with a PSMF - but it seems like it's been very slow the last 2 weeks. I expected a bit more adding in the T3 and the Sup3r-11. I think the Sup3r-11 may actually be helping me retain muscle really well - but I also think my T3 may be bunk. Liquid T3 doesn't always stay stable.