Evening pre-workout that won't screw with my sleep 2-3 hours l8r?

G

Gator762

Awards
With work and family life, I can't workout until later in the evening. That also means I must go to be 2-3 hours after I start.

I think I've been consuming way too much caffeine, I'm waking up dead tired despite having 7-8 hours sleep. I've been falling into the cycle of needing it to get through the day, and for any chance of getting a workout in. But I'm drinking 700mg+ a day, and a lot past 3PM, so it's probably messing with my sleep. I'm going to try to cut that back to 200-300 mg.

Right now I'm taking Anadraulic State GT, but my tolerance to caffeine must be high, because if I only take 1 or 2 scoops of that I feel like I can go to bed afterward. I weigh 170.

Nicolas

Nicolas

Awards
I used to use BodyForge by Neogenix when I worked out late at night.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
I will reccomend HEMAVOL, being its stim free and the pump i get off of it is awesome..

Focus XT Stim Free seems to get good reviews

.They are different..One is nootropics and the other is for pumps,so find which will fit u best.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
A non-stim is a good choice..

If you are needing a burst of energy then I suggest...

quaker-oatmeal-quick-oats.jpg

The quick oats will give you a quick energy boost.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I would reccomend Hemavol and maybe Caffiene Free Focus XT. Whatever the case it seems you need to cycle off stims for a bit. Drinkin these before you lift, although not stimmed, could likely give the same psychological effect letting your body know its time to perk up and that some clanging and banging is soon to follow

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Stimulant-free Focus XT. Plus, it may enhance GH release and give you vivid dreams if you take it near bed :D

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hemavol IMO.. hands down one of the best non-stim pre-workouts available with tons of great solid reviews. Vasodilates plus increases plasma volumes, can't get much better.

Mike

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Hemavol IMO.. hands down one of the best non-stim pre-workouts available with tons of great solid reviews. Vasodilates plus increases plasma volumes, can't get much better.

Mike
^this, took the words right out of my mouth

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Already some good suggestions going on in here, so I'll just toss out a couple I like as well.

Protocol, Ultima, Hemavol and Clout are all great and what I typically use at different times.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Already some good suggestions going on in here, so I'll just toss out a couple I like as well.

Protocol, Ultima, Hemavol and Clout are all great and what I typically use at different times.
Clout is another I forgot. Awesome stuff I need to run it again it has been awhile

T

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
well since youre gonna have to avoid stims, its gonna be almost pointless to even take one. if you want a pump still, just buy bulk agmatine and eat some carbs with it an hour before working out. no need to spend money on these stim free preworkouts since a pump is all youre really looking for

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well since youre gonna have to avoid stims, its gonna be almost pointless to even take one. if you want a pump still, just buy bulk agmatine and eat some carbs with it an hour before working out. no need to spend money on these stim free preworkouts since a pump is all youre really looking for
Many of the stim free products now provide actual performance benefits beyond just a pump. Definitely not pointless.

T

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
Many of the stim free products now provide actual performance benefits beyond just a pump. Definitely not pointless.
are you refering to the combination of citruline malate, agmatine, creatine, beta alanine, and bcaas that all stim frees have in common? 2 of which are for pumps, 2 of which are useless unless saturated, and one is useless unless training fasted, which he wouldnt be doing at night.

3utcher

3utcher

Awards

This.
Also too much vaso without stims = tired and huge decrease in performance.

With work and family life, I can't workout until later in the evening. That also means I must go to be 2-3 hours after I start.

I think I've been consuming way too much caffeine, I'm waking up dead tired despite having 7-8 hours sleep. I've been falling into the cycle of needing it to get through the day, and for any chance of getting a workout in. But I'm drinking 700mg+ a day, and a lot past 3PM, so it's probably messing with my sleep. I'm going to try to cut that back to 200-300 mg.

Right now I'm taking Anadraulic State GT, but my tolerance to caffeine must be high, because if I only take 1 or 2 scoops of that I feel like I can go to bed afterward. I weigh 170.
+700mg of caffeine ED ? A bit too much heh ?

T

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
op when ou sleep, is it hot or cold in your room? you might want to question the quality if sleep youre getting since you wake up tired. sleeping cold is better than hot btw

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
are you refering to the combination of citruline malate, agmatine, creatine, beta alanine, and bcaas that all stim frees have in common? 2 of which are for pumps, 2 of which are useless unless saturated, and one is useless unless training fasted, which he wouldnt be doing at night.
lolI need explanations on how "BCAA are useless unless training fasted".Because a guy said so on his own website ?You think having elevated creatine content in the muscle but below "saturation" is useless ?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Citrulline Malate and Agmatine provide benefits beyond "pumps". I also didn't mention any BCAA product. Maybe these products aren't for you but there are plenty of other ingredients in the products I mentioned and others mentioned that do more than just provide pumps.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Volatile by Fahrenheit nutrition would be an option as well. Stim content is only like a cup of coffee so it shouldn't mess with your sleep at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I would def get a non-stim preworkout product.

Some options are White BLOOD (v1 or v2), Ragnarok stim free, etc.
Or you could make your own from bulk ingredients

C

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
AX Ultra Reps
Omega Ultima
iForce Hemavol
MAN Clout/BodyOctane
SNS Focus XT - Stim Free

I think any of those would be a great option for a good preworkout that won't mess with your sleeping patterns.

P

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
As many people have mentioned, Hemavol! And it tastes almost too good to be true!

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Definitely pick up some Caffeine-Free Focus XT. The fruit punch flavoring is delicious.

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely pick up some Caffeine-Free Focus XT. The fruit punch flavoring is delicious.
Next on my list to try, but prolly not the stim free version :D

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Caff free focus xt from sms.
who's sms?

I will reccomend HEMAVOL, being its stim free and the pump i get off of it is awesome..

Focus XT Stim Free seems to get good reviews

.They are different..One is nootropics and the other is for pumps,so find which will fit u best.
yep, both great products.

A non-stim is a good choice..

If you are needing a burst of energy then I suggest...

View attachment 66613

The quick oats will give you a quick energy boost.
Bruce, it's different with you because you mix yours with vodka instead of water.

OP, give caffeine free Focus XT, Hemavol, or caffeine free Ragnorok a try. I have tried all of them and like them in their own way. I thought White Blood was terrible though.

G

Gator762

Awards
Thanks for all the replies guys. Sorry for the apparent hit and run, work got real busy and free time on the web almost non existent.

Looks like I need to try Focus XT for sure, and Hemavol or caffeine free Ragnorok too. Checked out the product descriptions and they all look good. So far I have cut back to 200-300 mg for 4 or 5 days now, with very little after 2 PM (cup of green tea). Not doing too badly, and my sleep does seem to be improved. Off to NP soon!

TheFugitive

TheFugitive

Awards
OP I was averaging about 600mg a day for quite sometime. I cut down to 300mg and have noticed better sleep patterns.

D

dlucks

Awards
  • Established
jack3d micro, take it around 8 or 9 and i still sleep fine

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Caffeine free focus xt and some agmatine will do the job nicely

Black Mo

Black Mo

Awards
Volatile by Fahrenheit Nutrition. I workout between 6 and 7 pm. I got away from using PWO except on the weekends because they would keep me up until the wee hours until I discovered Volatile. It tastes great, gives energy and focus with 2 types of creatine. Best of all I'm able to get a normal night of sleep which is usually falling asleep around 11.

Good Luck

G

Gator762

Awards
Great info guys. Ordering some Focus XT caffeine free and Hemavol along with some other stuff very soon.

I'm glad I finally tried cutting back on the caffeine. I thought I was practically immune to it, the idea that it would be messing up my sleep didn't compute. I think in the past few weeks I have had more dreams than I have had in the past 5 years. That's gotta mean something!

G

Gator762

Awards
Sign up for a free sample of Ultra Reps and give that a try. I can go to sleep right after working out if I need to.

noob can't post links
Awesome deal, thanks! Mine should be in soon. Will the price be coming down? Not to sound too cheap, but hell I'm a cheap bastard. It's about $1.50 per serving. I almost hope I don't love it. :)

P

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Hemavol + Caffeine Free Focus-XT = :party:

D

diezel

Awards
  • Established
Even though it's not a preworkout I've used Test Powder prior to training later in the day and really liked it.

B

boogyman

Awards
Another option might be White Flood. I've been using it around 5-6pm and going to sleep around 10 with no issues. It has some stim, but not much.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Stimless:

-Caffeine Free Focus-XT
-Hemavol
-Ultima
-Clout
-Body Octane

Stack any of the above for a great Stim free Pre-workout, specially with Caffeine Free Focus-XT , it is the closest to stim-free energy you can get.

power205

power205

NLA Performance Athlete
Awards
I train at 8pm and used to use jack3d - and i never could sleep.. Now i use the Supp - D. I am able to train hard still and able to sleep in R.E.M.

Jon M.
National and World Champion Powerlifter
Team P & I

NLA Performance: The Choice of Champions
www.nlaperformance.com
facebook.com/nlaperformance.com

P

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Stimless:

-Caffeine Free Focus-XT
-Hemavol
-Ultima
-Clout
-Body Octane

Stack any of the above for a great Stim free Pre-workout, specially with Caffeine Free Focus-XT , it is the closest to stim-free energy you can get.
Pretty much bang on. Any combination of the above is essentially the best in the industry.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Pretty much bang on. Any combination of the above is essentially the best in the industry.
been stacking hemavol with body octane again recently....and remembered why i love this combination so much :D

G

Gator762

Awards
Started the Hemavol Monday... Loved it! It was cardio, but I felt more energized and hit it harder. Was able to sleep later, but I did feel beat yesterday. Can't wait to see how tonight goes.