DW Off-Season 2012-2013

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Btw I've got some interesting blood panels to share, more blood work to come because I have stump'd my doctor :lol:
In for Versa 1 putting you at 2100 ;)

Depending on how astronomical your results are I may buy <taps fingers on desk>

- Valdez

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My cholesterol levels were low (good) and my liver was good but I was in ketosis. My doctor can't understand how I am in ketosis and have good cholesterol, blood pressure and a good functioning liver.

With a little more discussion of my diet he ordered more bloods to get a thyroid reading, more liver, more cholesterol and fasting blood glucose. (Some fancy things I dont care about too :lol;)

I'm getting those done next week. So you guys know I'm eating 300gr/carbs on my workout days around my workout. This week I added AP/P-slin protocol around my workout. (Sorry, I don't think I noted this)

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Interesting bro. I don't get liver enzymes at all. Sept of 2011 my liver enzymes came back normal, then last spring they were slightly elevated. The highest one being in the low 70s. Nothing really changed except I had been cutting for like 8 weeks ( carb cycling), and worked out the day before. Haven't had them done again since but I'm do for a physical this summer so well see. Don't drink much only thing I did was dip cope for 17 years but all the research I've done I can't find anywhere that shows elevated enzyme levels linked to tobacco use. :confused:

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If i remember right when i was looking into low carb diet plans i read somewhere that Low carb high protein diets can effect liver enzymes if fats aren't high enough.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
If i remember right when i was looking into low carb diet plans i read somewhere that Low carb high protein diets can effect liver enzymes if fats aren't high enough.
Yea I think I read that too. My coach has my fats around 50-70g /day right now but I think they were lower at that time. Thanks big Dan. Check out my log in the supp section bro just started my contest prep I'm a ways out but it should be fun love to have all my boys in there can't link it on my phone I'm a dummy. Sorry for the hijack DW.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout was ok, stressful day at work so I don't know if that was part of it or what. I think I'll keep shoulders with chest. It really helps loosen my shoulders up. With 10 years of tens of thousands of making my arm move unnaturally as hard as I can, you can see why it can be difficult (I'm talking about throwing a baseball)

Woke up with some abs showing today. This is awesome news. I know I said I wanted to "bulk" but after thinking a recomp is always welcome, especially with a bit of a "free-er" diet.

I'll know more from measurements Saturday morning but things look like they're going in the right direction.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Workout was ok, stressful day at work so I don't know if that was part of it or what. I think I'll keep shoulders with chest. It really helps loosen my shoulders up. With 10 years of tens of thousands of making my arm move unnaturally as hard as I can, you can see why it can be difficult (I'm talking about throwing a baseball)

Woke up with some abs showing today. This is awesome news. I know I said I wanted to "bulk" but after thinking a recomp is always welcome, especially with a bit of a "free-er" diet.

I'll know more from measurements Saturday morning but things look like they're going in the right direction.
Solid. Good to hear bud. What position u play? I played a little college ball myself. Just curious.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid. Good to hear bud. What position u play? I played a little college ball myself. Just curious.
Mainly C/3B/RF. team injuries made me a 2B & 1B for bouts as well. Never was a standout at any 1 position, just serviceable at most. Plus I switch hit so it made me pretty versatile.

Wish I could have just been a DH, stupid teammates had to go get hurt tho, lol

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Mainly C/3B/RF. team injuries made me a 2B & 1B for bouts as well. Never was a standout at any 1 position, just serviceable at most. Plus I switch hit so it made me pretty versatile.

Wish I could have just been a DH, stupid teammates had to go get hurt tho, lol
Sweet, I caught my whole life. Until JC ball I had an idiot of a coach who tried to change my whole throwing motion in one fall. Needless to say I went throwing a consistent 1.8-1.9 to throwing well over 2. And threw my arm out. Finished up playing 1st and DH.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Getting ready to try out my first mountain dog session..I have a feeling it's gonna be an intense shoulder day. Thanks for the info bros

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Getting ready to try out my first mountain dog session..I have a feeling it's gonna be an intense shoulder day. Thanks for the info bros
Nice. You might want to start lighter than you'd think with the db swings (standing and incline).

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice. You might want to start lighter than you'd think with the db swings (standing and incline).
Not to hi jack DW but does this look about right?

Incline bench
3 sets

Heavy lat raises- partial reps head back 4 sets if 35

Rear peck decks
4x35

Rear delt inclin bench
Heavy set of 60
Grab half the weight and do 30
Drop in half do 10

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to hi jack DW but does this look about right?

Incline bench
3 sets

Heavy lat raises- partial reps head back 4 sets if 35

Rear peck decks
4x35

Rear delt inclin bench
Heavy set of 60
Grab half the weight and do 30
Drop in half do 10
Looks pretty good. I'm keeping chest and shoulders separate as well. Phase 1 shoulders is a recommended 6-8 sets (not counting incline bench), so I kept the reverse peck deck to 3. It doesn't seem like much, but all those reps are brutal and my rear delts are responding great to it. Let us know how it goes.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks pretty good. I'm keeping chest and shoulders separate as well. Phase 1 shoulders is a recommended 6-8 sets (not counting incline bench), so I kept the reverse peck deck to 3. It doesn't seem like much, but all those reps are brutal and my rear delts are responding great to it. Let us know how it goes.
I thought I'd live splitting them but I'm going to keep them together. Plus it lets me eat more carbs in the hours after lol

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought I'd live splitting them but I'm going to keep them together. Plus it lets me eat more carbs in the hours after lol
Haha. Combining them sounds like a great time, but I'm having a hard enough time taking 2 days off as is. I use chest and shoulder days for abs, calves, and maybe cardio. I can't stand doing ab work or cardio, so the shortened routine gives me a little extra motivation...not much though lol.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha. Combining them sounds like a great time, but I'm having a hard enough time taking 2 days off as is. I use chest and shoulder days for abs, calves, and maybe cardio. I can't stand doing ab work or cardio, so the shortened routine gives me a little extra motivation...not much though lol.
Ugh abs, how I hate thee.

I strayed doing mainly heavy rope crunches and I can drastically tell a difference in my mid-set ion already

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ugh abs, how I hate thee.

I strayed doing mainly heavy rope crunches and I can drastically tell a difference in my mid-set ion already
I've been sticking to the heavy work too. I find it a lot more bearable that way.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BTW, I seem to be responding great to the training. I'm pretty confident that I've added some size, especially to my arms and shoulders.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BTW, I seem to be responding great to the training. I'm pretty confident that I've added some size, especially to my arms and shoulders.
I need to add some 3D size to me arms. It's helped me bring up everything as a whole. Strictly hammer, pin-wheel,CG & reverse curls maybe used for my "bi" work for an 8 weeks training cycle.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow...I'm through incline bench and 3 sets of side raises and I'm hurting lol humbling to say the least

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Loved it! Talk about a serious shoulder pump. I'm pretty excited for leg day. The only thing I noticed is on a couple sets my tri's wore out faster than my shoulders. I've never noticed that before but I've never done that much volume. And I forgot to grab my straps for incline raises. Like I said extremely humbling. Nothing like doing incline lat raises with 5lb DB's. again thanks guy. Reps coming your way

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome to hear man. Make sure you have a light meal before legs. A heavy meal may fight back
I'll second that.
I believe it. I had a PB English muffin and protein shake before my PWO when I went in today a d by about rep 50 of the incline raises it all wanted to make a 2nd appearance. Been a long time since I actually looked for trash cans in case I had to get sick in the gym lol.

Weight is up about 2lbs from last weight in. No significant increases to BF% or my waist.

Ill update with a picture tomorrow
Good stuff DW.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Finished legs....barley. Upped the volume with lunges, no abs. Wanna vomit gonna lay in the fetal position for a while.....
Sounds like it went well. How many sets are you up to at this point?

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
That's how my leg day went yesterday. And my OH press today actually.

Its a good hurt lol.
Hey bud sorry but I think I had like 4 links sent to me and I deleted them all except the one that didn't work. Can u send me that link one more time? Sorry bro

Thanks

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like it went well. How many sets are you up to at this point?
Lets see.....

5 sets curls
3sets leg press
3 sets hacks
3 sets smith squat
4 sets stiff reads
2 sets lunges

20 sets, curls, hacks & smith squats having the last set me some type of drop set....I got a bit light headed just re thinking that.

Went out for some beers & pizza with two former co-workers (leaving company for same reasons I am) to watch the 49ers game. It was a good time, we split a large chicken BBQ pizza and I had 3 tall Racer 5 IPA's.

Solid post workout carb up ;-) woke up looking a little water but still pretty good (high sodium + dehydration from beer)

Legs are surprisingly feeling pretty good. We'll see as the day goes on how that progresses

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't know how you got through that leg session brotha. I just finished up 14 sets for my last day of phase 1 and don't think I could've done another rep. I tip my hat to you DW...20 sets must be one heck of a mental/physical battle.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know how you got through that leg session brotha. I just finished up 14 sets for my last day of phase 1 and don't think I could've done another rep. I tip my hat to you DW...20 sets must be one heck of a mental/physical battle.
Haha thanks man, soreness has crept up on me today. Slept like a baby last night and will presumably do so this evening. Had another killer workout! High high high volume! Btw I need to take a selfie in the bathroom at the gym, I look like I'm 8% bodyfat and have abs relaxed lol in the mean time we'll go status quo for selfies at the apartment haha today's workout.....

Pec Fly Machine
130x20
135x16
140x13
150x9

Incline DB press (stretch & squeeze)
80x8
85x8
90x8

Smith Decline Bench
120x25
130x20
150x15
200x8 (huge jump stupid)
*drop 100xfailure
*drop 50x25 (wide grip)

Flat BB bench (2 sec in the hole)
155x6 (way too light)
175x6
185x6
185x6

Over & Back Press
85x12
85x12
90x12
90x12

High Rear Delt D-Handle thingy lol
20x25
20x25
30x25
30x23

Heavy Lateral Swings
30x25
35x25
40x25

6-Ways
3setsx10lbsx10reps

As you can see, little watery today.

image-474101490.jpg

Regular

Weight is 196ish

Edit:it was regular

Attachments

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking like a beast DW. You ever hop back on V-1?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking like a beast DW. You ever hop back on V-1?
Thanks & Monday my friend....shall be glorious!

I've got a two week base of prime/TestPowder. I'm starting to get increased acne so it looks like full steam ahead.

With the addition of Versa-1 (taking hyper T2 also) I'm going to up calories....like a lot. Maybe to the 4,000-4,500 mark.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like a recipe for success.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lookin huge DW

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^^^def looking big bud. You're going to kill it in 2014
lookin huge DW
Thanks guys. Gonna grow more now that I'm un-employed! This was meal 2 of the day.

2 omega-3 eggs
1 medium avocado
2 chicken sausages (spicy jalapeño)
45gr protein/40gr fat/ <5gr carbs

It was delicious. I saw breezy killin the chicken sausage so I bought a ton. Tastes great! Also got some turkey sausage, breakfasts are going to be huge from now on. I'm sleeping closer to 10hrs and my appetite is unreal, reason it was broken into 2 meals is I had almost zero food!

Pretty pump'd because I bought an entire weeks worth of food for $50! Caught a killer sale on the chicken sausage, $2.59/pack! Each link is 15gr protein/5gr fat/1gr carbs 6 links per pack.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice haul hoss! Spicy jalapeno is the best. Did you get them from Trader Joes?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice haul hoss! Spicy jalapeno is the best. Did you get them from Trader Joes?
Yes sir! Those weren't the deal sausages though :-( but I got 2 packes of the trader joes. Caught my eye and ill get more, i buy my omega eggs from there.

I bought a bunch from WinCo (large retail chain out here). They had the killer sale. Spinach Feta is that flavor, I'll try those 2maro morning