Douchebags at the gym...

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I always wonder about the mindset of people that feel the need to brag loud enough for strangers to hear them. I wonder if they think that these strangers will go on to tell the tale of the time that they were fortunate enough to share the same gym space as the Man-Beast that could "squat 405 if he hadn't injured his leg in an epic street fight"
Oh good lord...at my gym it's the 18 yr old talking in the phone as loud as he can saying "yea bro my friends bringing the Lamborghini to the car show and my other friend is picking me up in the Ferrari." I swear he repeated this at least 6 times in front of 10 different people. People do this **** all the time where I live and it's always the people who haven't earned anything but have been given everything. It makes me laugh but I mean it is what it is

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thats OK, I think most normal people can tell a difference between slamming weight down because its legit heavy and you been lifting it properly, to slamming it to get attention AND the weight was too heavy in the first place (ego lift).

We don't have planet fitness here and I am glad to be honest. Barney the dinosaur purple colour scheme looks obnoxious haha!
You mean like the guys who are doing curls and let the ****ing ez bar drop as soon as they're done. Some lame ass older dude..he was on gear I'm sorry but he was and he just drops the weight from waist height and everyone kept turning to look at him. A lot of the juicers do the **** all of you guys talk about at my gym. They do it more than the average joe who doesn't know what they're doing. Screaming, slamming weights, leaving weights on the bar, curling in the squat rack, flirting and talking on the phone. I see more juiced up guys dong this **** than anyone else

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
I got the "tsssp" guy the other night.

Had the gym all to myself, all tv's off, not a mouse squeaking it was so quiet. Then a newbie walked in & proceeded to "tsssp" every single damn rep. Cables, hammer curls, you name it, every freakin rep for the next hour. I was ready to start throwing dumbells at him :chairshot:

Of course, he couldn't hear it. He had his earphones in.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've seen 16, 17 and 18 at my gym.

And the "mermaid" was a guy :(

The girl that uses the assisted pull up like that has a killer ass tho so...I dunno. I'm not complaining. It's right at eating level....err eye level I mean.
I see more people using the assisted pull up for that than actual pull ups!

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I've seen 16, 17 and 18 at my gym.

And the "mermaid" was a guy :(

The girl that uses the assisted pull up like that has a killer ass tho so...I dunno. I'm not complaining. It's right at eating level....err eye level I mean.
We've got a chic that does glute exercises on the pull up machine also. I'm not one to get in people's business, so I just keep watching.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The one who does it the most at my gym has a great heine so must be doing something right :)

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
So I walk into the gym today and there is a new guy,I estimate him about 5ft8,165lbs (not lean,not fat about 15%bf)..So he has skin tight pair of pants,wifey (that reads "BLOOD,SWEAT,BLOOD),Levi's shoes and AMG hat.He looks 17-19.He is busy doing (steuggling) with dumbell presses and with each rep makes that Subaru downshifting PPSSSHH!! Sound,when he is done he SLAMS down the two 35lbs dumbells and starts flexing..He does this with every.single.exercise..He bumped into me 2 times,because as he walks he keeps flexing his 15 inch pythins in the mirrors.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I joined LA fitness for the classes and the pool, I swim often in the summer so I finally joined a gym with a pool.... My rant is when I am in the middle of my 80 laps I'm doing with my waterproof radio attached to my googles and some older person decides to come in my lane and begin doing water aerobics!!! Really??!!! They need signs or designated lanes for the water aerobics and than for people like me who swim hard and for a long period of time.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Last night a guy had knee wraps and elbow wraps on. What did he do?! Lat pull downs. Haha

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
>Walked into my local gym
>Guy on the treadmill walking while doing curls with ez bar
>Manager tells him to "quit doing what you're doing" over the loudspeaker
>Guy nods and starts doing overhead presses with the ez bar instead while still on the treadmill....
>I shake my head

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
>Guy nods and starts doing overhead presses with the ez bar instead while still on the treadmill....
>I shake my head
Hahaha!! I would piss myself!,best trollin ever haha

JG93

JG93

Awards
>I shake my head

You've seen it all...
That...

Lol

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great smartass response right there.

BillyBatson

BillyBatson

Awards
So I walk into the gym today and there is a new guy,I estimate him about 5ft8,165lbs (not lean,not fat about 15%bf)..So he has skin tight pair of pants,wifey (that reads "BLOOD,SWEAT,BLOOD),Levi's shoes and AMG hat.He looks 17-19.He is busy doing (steuggling) with dumbell presses and with each rep makes that Subaru downshifting PPSSSHH!! Sound,when he is done he SLAMS down the two 35lbs dumbells and starts flexing..He does this with every.single.exercise..He bumped into me 2 times,because as he walks he keeps flexing his 15 inch pythins in the mirrors.
Next time, when he "bumps into you" . . . . "accidentally" knock his over-inflated ego ass to the ground. :lmao:

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I thought about it XD

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This freakin a**hole!!!

He sees me super setting but he wants to use the damn machines I'm using. As soon as I walk away to work on another machine, he gets on it (3 different machines).

I thought you were training legs, now you want to train back, too, because you see me doing it? It's like he's following me around the damn gym.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
This freakin a**hole!!!

He sees me super setting but he wants to use the damn machines I'm using. As soon as I walk away to work on another machine, he gets on it (3 different machines).

I thought you were training legs, now you want to train back, too, because you see me doing it? It's like he's following me around the damn gym.
I'd follow you around

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
No one follows me. Well not true I get the older people who see me swimming laps in the pool and all of a sudden just got plop in my lane causing me to stop so they can say, are you almost done? No I'm not you will know I won't be in the damn water anymore.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This freakin a**hole!!!

Quite possibly trying to get your attention in a good way and ends up getting it in a bad way lol

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quite possibly trying to get your attention in a good way and ends up getting it in a bad way lol
It completely irked me. I just couldn't believe it especially since my gym bag and shaker was right next to the machines. I hope I don't see him tonight....

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
It completely irked me. I just couldn't believe it especially since my gym bag and shaker was right next to the machines. I hope I don't see him tonight....
Why not keep stuff in locker/cubby storage?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just tell him that you want to meet him in the sauna in a few minutes and then don't show up...see how long he waits

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like keeping my stuff with me. Always have. Chalk, straps, wraps, towel..
Because people are ****ing thieves and know how to pick those locks easily. Happens at my gym all the time. I keep all my stuff close to me at all times

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Because people are ****ing thieves and know how to pick those locks easily. Happens at my gym all the time. I keep all my stuff close to me at all times
I'm always amazed at how many people keep their stuff in lockers with no lock at all.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm always amazed at how many people keep their stuff in lockers with no lock at all.
Too trusting of others I suppose. Maybe they expect the best in people and not the worst. At my gym I have had 2 phones stolen from me....TWO! Lol. The other day the police were at my gym because someone's Cartier watch had been stolen. This happens way too often at my gym

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dated a guy who left his wallet and keys just sitting in the corner while we trained throughout the gym.

I asked, "wth are you doing?!" His reply, "It's just money, if they want to take it then take it."

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I dated a guy who left his wallet and keys just sitting in the corner while we trained throughout the gym.

I asked, "wth are you doing?!" His reply, "It's just money, if they want to take it then take it."
Lmao! I wanna meet that guy

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Nothing gets stolen from our gym.a Guy once left his wallet there for 2 days,no one even touched it :)

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
Is it silly to ask why people don't leave valuables in their car?

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is it silly to ask why people don't leave valuables in their car?
Oh I do that with some stuff....but I'm the lucky guy who had a brick thrown through his car window at LA fitness at 10 pm while some jag off attempted to find valuables that weren't in my car at the time..during this period there were a string of parking lot LA fitness robberies in my area with car windows being shattered and thieves trying to find stuff. I never park in the back parking lot anymore

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
Nothing gets stolen from our gym.a Guy once left his wallet there for 2 days,no one even touched it :)
Either he is one guy everyone knows you DO NOT F*CK WITH, or you got some cool peeps at your gym. Mine is pretty cool too, no outright blatant thievery.

Don't these gyms with the locker raids have cameras? Or are they hooded up? Damn, that's brash, wouldn't you just like to drop plates on their fingers & toes if you caught them in the act?! :hammer:

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
Well now that sucks. I park under the best lit spot. Fn thieves...:angryfire:

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Either he is one guy everyone knows you DO NOT F*CK WITH, or you got some cool peeps at your gym. Mine is pretty cool too, no outright blatant thievery.

Don't these gyms with the locker raids have cameras? Or are they hooded up? Damn, that's brash, wouldn't you just like to drop plates on their fingers & toes if you caught them in the act?! :hammer:
I've asked my gym before they keep NO CAMERAS inside....they didn't have a reason as to why they don't either. This is an LA fitness too

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
I've asked my gym before they keep NO CAMERAS inside....they didn't have a reason as to why they don't either. This is an LA fitness too
I bet if gym equipment started walking they'd have cameras in there pretty fast! I guess you're stuck with lumping your stuff around with you.

I drive my 70 Challenger in sometimes, often at night. I leave it windows down & unlocked cos no way in hell anyone is going to dare to try & steal it here. They can't start it without the isolator key anyway as I removed the ignition barrel :) And i'd hear it if they did get it going - sounds like WW3 (i'm sure my neighbours Love it...).
It does mean that I have to lug around 2 sets of keys, wallet & phone in addition to the usual stuff though...small price to pay for getting the adrenaline going before a workout! :dance:

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
No everyone is just very chilled out there

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
This guy is walking around the gym with the friggen sani spray bottle, what the !!!! Happened to you in your life that's you fear germs that much. Dady put the bad touch on brother in your bed?

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I also belong to a LA fitness in little RI and things get stolen all the time. No issue is still the pool. Older people keep jumping into my lanes when I am swimming laps. I'm pretty intense, goggles, waterproof MP3 player so I can't hear them but damn when I stop short cause I almost run into there legs to ask, " you done". Irritates me to say the least.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
My gym has this one douche canoe who has to use chalk for EVERYTHING. Pushdowns, dumbbell curls, abs, decline bench EVERYTHING

And he never cleans it up. He has a stupid dolphin barbwire tattoo and I just want to punch him and his kid in the face daily. I call him pirate because he has the smallest legs Ive ever seen on a man and a big old gut. When he benches he bounces the weight off of his sternum and grunts like he's taking a dump.

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
My gym has this one douche canoe who has to use chalk for EVERYTHING. Pushdowns, dumbbell curls, abs, decline bench EVERYTHING

And he never cleans it up. He has a stupid dolphin barbwire tattoo and I just want to punch him and his kid in the face daily. I call him pirate because he has the smallest legs Ive ever seen on a man and a big old gut. When he benches he bounces the weight off of his sternum and grunts like he's taking a dump.
That guy sounds white trash as hell lol.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
That guy sounds white trash as hell lol.
You have NO idea. It looks like he got one part of the dolphin barbwire tat when he was younger, then decided to be cooler to get the other part. They are different designs and different colors

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But I love dolphins...