Douchebags at the gym...

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
People who occupy multiple pieces of important equipment (leg press etc.) for their stupid circuit workouts they think are more important than other people's workouts are annoying as f*ck.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
People who occupy multiple pieces of important equipment (leg press etc.) for their stupid circuit workouts they think are more important than other people's workouts are annoying as f*ck.
Agreed this does annoy me. If I'm going to superset or anything I make sure I have everything in my confined little space. Like cable rows supersetted with face pulls. Requires no walking or changing equipment can just get it done right then and there without pissing others off. If you have to walk from one side of the gym to the next don't do it. People could easily make modifications that make it easier for everyone

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I no longer have this problem. My new gym has 4 leg press machines. There was probably only 15 people when I trained after work today and I supersetted like crazy! :D

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
I no longer have this problem. My new gym has 4 leg press machines. There was probably only 15 people when I trained after work today and I supersetted like crazy! :D
I was wondering if you were going to respond to that post :aargh4: :rofl:

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
who doesn't

But not as a barbwire tat lol
I'm sure my tats would be considered sh*tty 10 years from now, too. Maybe they're sh*tty now... ? haha

Bigdumogre

Bigdumogre

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My job has a fully stocked gym so it's always empty and use it throughout the day

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
My job has a fully stocked gym so it's always empty and use it throughout the day
You gotta kick your own butt for not putting your weights away then :ntome:

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Those fellas that cause a fukkin earthquake during deadlifts, even if they're just warming up with 135, 225, or even if they're struggling with barely more than their own body weight....

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Those fellas that cause a fukkin earthquake during deadlifts, even if they're just warming up with 135, 225, or even if they're struggling with barely more than their own body weight....
them.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Called a dead lift, not a tap n go lift.
Eh. I can understand if you're pulling twice your body weight or more. If you're just learning how to deadlift or not strong at it, I think practicing strict form and good control of the weights would be a better option.
I by no means set 425 pounds down lightly in between each rep, but I also don't act like I'm throwing it to the ground each time either. Control.

AustBenny

AustBenny

Awards
Remember, it may be just as hard for someone to control 225 as it is for you or I to control 400+

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Remember, it may be just as hard for someone to control 225 as it is for you or I to control 400+
This is true but that was my point. That individual would probably be better off doing full controlled reps instead of dropping it/slamming it straight to the ground from the top of the rep.

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
There are dudes at my gym who will slam their bars to the ground when they only have like 65 on the bar... They're doing cleans and dropping the weight every time like it weighs 300+ pounds. Then they rub chalk all over their body like it'll help them clean 95 for 15 reps. My personal favorite is the fact that they'll wear running shoes into the gym, get to the platform and change into oly shoes, and proceed to stretch and foam roll for an hour and THEN get to their workout.... Which will consist of 10 sets or so of 15 cleans under 135 pounds, a snatch here and there, and all the screaming and yelling to go with it. "SAAAAIIIIII!!! BBBWWWAAAHHHH. KOOOOOOOOHHHHH....TTTSSSSS!" It's like a language they speak to each other. I'm gonna call up Rosetta Stone and inform them, maybe they'll study the language and add it to their program so those of us who are interested can understand their struggles in their final reps.

Audioph1x

Audioph1x

Awards
  • Established
This is true. Guess it depends on BW tho.. if I see a 120lb dude dropping 315 I mean I get it. But I've seen a 230+ low bf dude dropping 365 at the top. Not a controlled drop. It was a fully let go and he's already turned around before the weight hits the floor kinda drop.

Audioph1x

Audioph1x

Awards
  • Established
The fcuking old fat guy at the gym sitting on the leg curl machine staring at the 20 something female on the treadmill. Dude grab a wet wipe to clean up all the drool. He was probably a registered sex offender too..

AustBenny

AustBenny

Awards
This is true. Guess it depends on BW tho.. if I see a 120lb dude dropping 315 I mean I get it. But I've seen a 230+ low bf dude dropping 365 at the top. Not a controlled drop. It was a fully let go and he's already turned around before the weight hits the floor kinda drop.
You only see that at Crossfit gyms lol.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was talking to a guy who bragged about deadlifting over 1000 lbs. Being a girl, I found his IG. He was doing rack pulls... Above his knees... And it wasn't 1000 lbs.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I was talking to a guy who bragged about deadlifting over 1000 lbs. Being a girl, I found his IG. He was doing rack pulls... Above his knees... And it wasn't 1000 lbs.
LOL

hide83

Awards
In my experience anyone who brags about how much they can lift can't actually lift it. It's one thing if you're asked but to just some out and brag about it is super douchey.

hide83

Awards
There's a dude at my gym who brings his laptop and does workout videos in the middle of the free weight section of the gym. Do that at home dude- that's what they're for. I want to punch him so bad.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Crappy spin teachers. They piss me off. When I take a class I hate when the teacher sucks.

AustBenny

AustBenny

Awards
Whaaaa? A rack pull is not the same as a deadlift? I think some guys at my gym might be upset to hear that lol

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whaaaa? A rack pull is not the same as a deadlift? I think some guys at my gym might be upset to hear that lol
Haha, I know. I was like.... This muthereffer! I knew his a** was lying! Especially since he's all upper and no legs. ??

AustBenny

AustBenny

Awards
Haha, I know. I was like.... This muthereffer! I knew his a** was lying! Especially since he's all upper and no legs. ����
Lol, the funniest thing about the whole situation is when you consider that world record deadlifts are in the area of 1000lb - I mean, if you're gonna brag at least keep it within some sort of realm of reality lol.

Deadilfting while high on crack is dangerous to your health and safety and the health and safety of others.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, the funniest thing about the whole situation is when you consider that world record deadlifts are in the area of 1000lb - I mean, if you're gonna brag at least keep it within some sort of realm of reality lol.

Deadilfting while high on crack is dangerous to your health and safety and the health and safety of others.
Lol, he probably thought I didn't know anything. He supposedly was a trainer (planet fitness) and did Muay Thai for years. He also travelled to train big time MMA fighters. ? Said that what he takes is so small that he's still natural. I just listened to his bs but never believed him.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh how do you even get caught talking to a guy like that?
Haha, through a friend. At first I was like hmmm... He seems pretty interesting then the bs just kept piling on top of each other.

AustBenny

AustBenny

Awards
Haha, through a friend. At first I was like hmmm... He seems pretty interesting then the bs just kept piling on top of each other.
Oh you mean "Oh, I'd fuk this guy until he opened his mouth" lol

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh you mean "Oh, I'd fuk this guy until he opened his mouth" lol
Haha, nah... I was trolling him most of the time. ?

"Oh, wow! You gained 50 lbs of muscles in less than a year and you're all natty?!" Amaziiiiiing! ??

AustBenny

AustBenny

Awards
Holy smokes - that's hard to believe even for someone on gear lol.

AustBenny

AustBenny

Awards
But then I guess when you deadlift 1000lb and train top MMA fighters, anything is possible *rolls eyes*

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Lol, he probably thought I didn't know anything. He supposedly was a trainer (planet fitness) and did Muay Thai for years. He also travelled to train big time MMA fighters. ? Said that what he takes is so small that he's still natural. I just listened to his bs but never believed him.
"What he takes is so small that he's still natty...." ....does he know that if you take anything, you are no longer natty? Lol doesn't matter "how much" you take lol fukkin idiot

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"What he takes is so small that he's still natty...." ....does he know that if you take anything, you are no longer natty? Lol doesn't matter "how much" you take lol fukkin idiot
That's what I tried to say but nope... And he would train like 4-6 hours a day.
1hour of cardio
1-2 hours lifting
1 more hour of cardio
Sometimes 2x a day.

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's what I tried to say but nope... And he would train like 4-6 hours a day.
1hour of cardio
1-2 hours lifting
1 more hour of cardio
Sometimes 2x a day.
Someone once said to me "I inject s few CC's of test but I'm still natural. I was like "what?" Lol

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This chick has been deadlifting for the last hour and a half. Texting, lifting, and snapping pics. ?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This chick has been deadlifting for the last hour and a half. Texting, lifting, and snapping pics. ?