Douchebags at the gym...

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is the exact reason I am switching where I go to work out. I just started up HIT so rest times are supposed to be limited at best. Don't have time to deal with peak hour fitness people. Plus I am OCD about exercise order.
I forgot to mention, he cut in and got on his phone...

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I was at the gym today and I saw a guy ask an old man if he could cut in on the machine he was using. I really don't understand why people do this and why they just don't do other machines while they wait. I had a guy do this to me once and it irritated the crap out of me. Like seriously, you can't just wait a few more minutes?!?
Because people don't take just a few minutes. They lolligag and text and talk while doing 8 continuous sets. I once started a workout and a man was using a machine. 45 minutes later he was still there. No joke

JD261985

Banned
Awards
This is the exact reason I am switching where I go to work out. I just started up HIT so rest times are supposed to be limited at best. Don't have time to deal with peak hour fitness people. Plus I am OCD about exercise order.
I'm doing HIT too

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Because people don't take just a few minutes. They lolligag and text and talk while doing 8 continuous sets. I once started a workout and a man was using a machine. 45 minutes later he was still there. No joke
Yea, I was watching two couples share the leg press machine once and they were on it for an hour and a half. As much as I love going when it's busy, so I can stare at people. I hate waiting on machines.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Yea, I was watching two couples share the leg press machine once and they were on it for an hour and a half. As much as I love going when it's busy, so I can stare at people. I hate waiting on machines.
thats yet another reason why you should use weights, and not machines. Time to graduate, Jr.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thats yet another reason why you should use weights, and not machines. Time to graduate, Jr.
I use to use machines because I was lazy. Now I only use weights.... Well, except for the hip abductor machine! ;) thank goodness for compression shorts.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
I use to use machines because I was lazy. Now I only use weights.... Well, except for the hip abductor machine! ;) thank goodness for compression shorts.
we call that machine "the attention getter" because.....well you can figure it out

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea, I always get attention when I'm spreading 300lbs. :D

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Don't even get me started on the team of 4 who use the squat rack for an hour and a half not letting anyone else work in

smoker145

Don't even get me started on the team of 4 who use the squat rack for an hour and a half not letting anyone else work in
Working in on something like the squat is a pain. Unless you have the same general weight used and height, you'll be unracking weight and resetting pins everytime.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Working in on something like the squat is a pain. Unless you have the same general weight used and height, you'll be unracking weight and resetting pins everytime.
Ya it is generally a pain. Don't really like it training squats with someone else unless we are lifting together.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
I use the squat rack for an hour. Just me and a buddy. But you know, how else am I supposed to hit my squats, then front squats, then good mornings?

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No doubt! So today, some d bag decides to put a bench in the squat rack, pulls out his stupid workout sheet, n starts doing scull crushers n other $hit, so I go up to him n ask how many sets he has left, he looks at his paper n said 8 more, I waited 10 min, went up to him said excuse me!! Moved his damn bench to an empty spot, n said sorry buddy, I don't have time for this BS!! Ha, am I the d bag or is he?!?! Lol....

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No doubt! So today, some d bag decides to put a bench in the squat rack, pulls out his stupid workout sheet, n starts doing scull crushers n other $hit, so I go up to him n ask how many sets he has left, he looks at his paper n said 8 more, I waited 10 min, went up to him said excuse me!! Moved his damn bench to an empty spot, n said sorry buddy, I don't have time for this BS!! Ha, am I the d bag or is he?!?! Lol....
Not sure why he needed to do them there unless super heavy weight. (Side note the gym I am about to go to has benches with rails on it) I would just say you were a bit of a bitch but whatever haha.

smoker145

I wouldn't make fun of his workout sheet. It's good to write things down and at least he has a goal/ plan. It may be ****ty but he's working towards his goal

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did I hear some douche in here makin fun of a workout sheet? What's wrong with tracking progress and following a specific template for training? I mean nearly every pro does it.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
While I was setting up my deadlift, some douche asked if I wanted to compete with him in deadlifting, then he said that I'll beat him because his legs are weak. Lol was this flirting?!

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to worry, not making fun of workout sheets, have one from my coach too, she's an IFBB pro, just annoyed with this twig in a squat rack, doing scull crushers for way too damn long, lol, lol...

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I agree but its plain ****ing disrespectful to take it for an hour and a half. Should take a half hour maximum! Any longer and you're resting too long lol

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I use the squat rack for an hour. Just me and a buddy. But you know, how else am I supposed to hit my squats, then front squats, then good mornings?
What about other people in the gym? I don't get it...I'm surprised people don't get into fist fights over this shyt. Its basically saying that you don't give a **** about anyone else but yourself

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
What about other people in the gym? I don't get it...I'm surprised people don't get into fist fights over this shyt. Its basically saying that you don't give a **** about anyone else but yourself
I agree with this... Other's pay the say gym fee & deserve the same facilities...

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree but its plain ****ing disrespectful to take it for an hour and a half. Should take a half hour maximum! Any longer and you're resting too long lol
Not everyone has the same goals as you, strength training requires longer rest times for maximum intensity.

Anyway, if someone is actually using the rack and they got there before I did I have no right to boot them off of it. First come, first served.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
I'm going to take as long as I need. If they want to work in, I never mind, but my real work is done with a barbell. I don't hurry people along when they take an hour. I either work in or wait.

Sometimes I take 5 minute rests in between sets, I look at my phone or write down stuff in my log. It's what I need to do.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wrong

JD261985

Banned
Awards
No I'm definitely right about how disrespectful it is and if you sit there for an hour and someone tells a manager you bet your ass they will tell you to move along. You guys sound like major douchebags. Ironic to find you in the douchebag thread.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No I'm definitely right about how disrespectful it is and if you sit there for an hour and someone tells a manager you bet your ass they will tell you to move along. You guys sound like major douchebags. Ironic to find you in the douchebag thread.
I think we should all respect each other at the gym. I have never gone up to anyone and told them that their form was crap, or if I could cut in. Everyone critiques each other from afar and thats how it should be. Learn a few new things or just mind your own business. I don't go to the gym to make friends or not make friends. At the end of the day, worry about yourself and your progress...

Remember that at one point in time, you were new to the gym as well. Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle...

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dunno "P", he looks like a lean mean machine! Fit as ****!! ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 1
Admin Articles 2
Driven2lift General Chat 10
B5150 General Chat 182
mikeg313 General Chat 40