OnionKnight

Awards
i think he just ment hes surprised you wear a big ass shirt when you train

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh ha ha, good point, it was leg day, lol...it was a long tank, ha ha, had it on just for the d bags, lmao...

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just throwing it out there, u guys r great, love all the good gym stories,

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Yeah...those are the creepy dudes I was referring to. I just look and hope to not encounter the ever awkward "gym shorts boner"....I hate when that happens
you have a lot to learn my grasshopper. tuck it behind waistband lol

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Annoying wont STFU guy was at it again tonight. Was stepping up leg press and he decides to start talking. I was training with a woman. I don't engage him at all except to say "in my set." He proceeds to whine how he would at least greet someone. This guy is not my friend. Anytime we have talked I have left wondering why I ever said anything. Maybe he will get the hint. Oh well gone in 6 weeks or so anyway.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I work in a nursing home, n train, that's my life, no time for d bags in my life, it was only pics, get over it, Wrivest , lol....
Wearing a shirt that says stare all you want...dbag...posting nudes in public forum...dbag....grunting sexually while working out....dbag...training and work is your whole life...BORING plus extra d bag points...sorry but you're kind of a dbag

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Life is not boring, it's on season for me , focus on progress !!! That means work train n sleep!!!

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
got a nice story fresh from about 30 minutes ago for you guys

so im a slammer when i deadlift. im pulling deads at the end of my routine today. cranked out 405x2 as a heavy warmup to attempt 415x3-5 reps. after my 2 though, some douchebag trainer walks up from the front of the gym and tells me "i know its heavy, but can you try to lower the weight softer. the pates are steel, so theyll crack."

my first thought is "stfu and gtfo." but instead i say "sure thing." now if he was a respectable size, id have probly listened. but since some 20yo twig decided to come tell me to stop doing what ive been doing for about a year at that gym with no problems, i decided to go into my idgaf-gtfo-of-my-face mode. so i slammed down 4 more at 415, left the weighted barbell on the floor, and fukin left

whos the douchebag now?

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
got a nice story fresh from about 30 minutes ago for you guys so im a slammer when i deadlift. im pulling deads at the end of my routine today. cranked out 405x2 as a heavy warmup to attempt 415x3-5 reps. after my 2 though, some douchebag trainer walks up from the front of the gym and tells me "i know its heavy, but can you try to lower the weight softer. the pates are steel, so theyll crack." my first thought is "stfu and gtfo." but instead i say "sure thing." now if he was a respectable size, id have probly listened. but since some 20yo twig decided to come tell me to stop doing what ive been doing for about a year at that gym with no problems, i decided to go into my idgaf-gtfo-of-my-face mode. so i slammed down 4 more at 415, left the weighted barbell on the floor, and fukin left whos the douchebag now?

amen brotha who the fuk cares about steel weights slamming, unless your at planet fitness. he was prolly jealous i would have done the same thing (if i could dead lift 415) lol

smoker145

got a nice story fresh from about 30 minutes ago for you guys

so im a slammer when i deadlift. im pulling deads at the end of my routine today. cranked out 405x2 as a heavy warmup to attempt 415x3-5 reps. after my 2 though, some douchebag trainer walks up from the front of the gym and tells me "i know its heavy, but can you try to lower the weight softer. the pates are steel, so theyll crack."

my first thought is "stfu and gtfo." but instead i say "sure thing." now if he was a respectable size, id have probly listened. but since some 20yo twig decided to come tell me to stop doing what ive been doing for about a year at that gym with no problems, i decided to go into my idgaf-gtfo-of-my-face mode. so i slammed down 4 more at 415, left the weighted barbell on the floor, and fukin left

whos the douchebag now?
You are lol. I woulda slammed em too but not sure about leaving the weight on. Doubt he'd have to take it off, someone else probably would.

**** happens

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
you're the douche bro. it heavily depends on the gym atmosphere if you can slam or not. if you're gonna slam least youcan do is put a yoga mat or some **** under each side...

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
If you are alone in a gym, slam away. If it's a 1, maybe 2 time thing...sure. But I feel that if you can't put it down, you shouldn't pick it up.

smoker145

If you are alone in a gym, slam away. If it's a 1, maybe 2 time thing...sure. But I feel that if you can't put it down, you shouldn't pick it up.
Well you don't want to get hurt trying not to make a noise. But unnecessary slamming I agree

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's no eccentric to a DL. I've yet to find a way to put 500#+ down without slamming somewhat. If you watch some big DL'ers lift, none of them slowly lower the weight, more commonly they drop it, or slam. Comes with the territory IMO.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
I guess I was just picturing the typical douche just dropping the weight from the top and yelling like a clown...but yes, I agree DLing is rather loud regardless

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I guess I was just picturing the typical douche just dropping the weight from the top and yelling like a clown...but yes, I agree DLing is rather loud regardless
Definitely man. There's a fine line between being obnoxious and being efficacious.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
I'm still trying to understand how you crack steal?

I had a problem like that at a previous gym, the owner came up to me and said it would break the floor. So I just picked my stuff up asked him for a refund because his facility lacked the necessary construction for me to train properly and left.

No offense but temper tantrum never solve anything, and that guy was probably to big of a dick to Deload the weights anyways. So you just made some innocent bystanders clean up you mess.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lowering a heavy deadlift slowly is asking for an injury.

Hands should remain in contact with the bar though, controlled drop.

Estevato58

Estevato58

Awards
I'm still trying to understand how you crack steal?

I had a problem like that at a previous gym, the owner came up to me and said it would break the floor. So I just picked my stuff up asked him for a refund because his facility lacked the necessary construction for me to train properly and left.
I've seen broken steel plates. If you abuse the living hell out if them they'll break, but it was one of those older ones without the fancy outer coating/shell. As far as breaking the floor, lol yea if its ceramic tile! Dropping weights in the floor doesn't break the floor! It breaks the weights!! What did that guy do when u asked for a refund?

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was the stinky db at the gym today. Switched to a different bag for a gym bag and forgot to put my stick of deodorant in the new bag. After 8 or more hrs of working with big timbers, I usually need a touchup on the deodorant in the locker room.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've seen broken steel plates. If you abuse the living hell out if them they'll break, but it was one of those older ones without the fancy outer coating/shell. As far as breaking the floor, lol yea if its ceramic tile! Dropping weights in the floor doesn't break the floor! It breaks the weights!! What did that guy do when u asked for a refund?
Dropping steel weights on the floor (most likely concrete) will break the floor. It's just a really heavy hammer. There should be some heavy rubber mats on the floor to keep that from happening though.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
Lowering a heavy deadlift slowly is asking for an injury.

Hands should remain in contact with the bar though, controlled drop.
yea i control the drop. but i dont even come close to "lowering it slowly." i guess i kind of miss worded my post. no i dont drop the weight fromthe top and scream like an ass. but does make a lot of noise coming down.

to those of you not understanding, try lowering 400+ lbs gently. good luck

yes i was the douche in my scenario. that was the point

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yea i control the drop. but i dont even come close to "lowering it slowly." i guess i kind of miss worded my post. no i dont drop the weight fromthe top and scream like an ass. but does make a lot of noise coming down.
I assumed you did, my controlled drop comments were more targeted towards the posters who talked about:
A. Dropping it entirely
or
B. Lowering it.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
One time I was training at the gym on post finishing up with cable crossovers and this dude came up and asked if he could work in normally no problem, but this guy looked and smelled like he just got out of the field and came to the gym without showering I politely told him to remain at good distance from me and to go take a shower. Normally wouldn't trip about a little stink but I know some of you military guys know the odor that comes with being in the field for a week+ and not being able to shower, yeah well that was this guy. This is in fact what prompted me to get a private gym membership which is a real shame because Burba gym on fort hood is one of if not the best equipped gym I've ever been in hell Johnny friggin Jackson used to train there. So thanks smelly dbag

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I HAVE A STORY FOR YOU ****ERS. So I was getting in the ****ing zone deadlifting, 315->385 then i tossed 405 on there. Listened to my usual motivational speech (Greg plitt) before attempting it and said **** it threw an extra 20lbs on there so were at 425 now. never gone this heavy so it was on. Got it up one, two, threeeeeeeeee then my grip was slipping so i had to slam it (OMFG SLAMMING WTS?! WHAT A DBAG MOVE *****PHAGGOTSLOLZ). Didnt care, i was to excited and threw off my lifting belt and started smiling.

Dude comes up to me "Didnt you see the steroid warning in the bathroom?". Clearly he was rustled he couldnt DL as much. Then I ripped my pants off, ****ed some bitches and then.... GOT SOME MONEY. Dat lyfestyle ya dig?

hokiebird

hokiebird

Awards
I was doing seated dumbbell shoulder presses and had the misfortune of forgetting to charge my iPod, so I was left vulnerable to the sounds of wild douchebags. This cocky guy sits down beside me and starts curling. Shortly after, his phone starts vibrating with what appeared to be an alarm, but he picked it up and acted like he was answering the phone. He then proceeded to go into an over the top routine acting like he was some big shot executive and someone was calling him about "a big deal". It was obvious that there were no sounds coming from the other end. I think that he realized that he wasn't pulling it off very believably, and started getting nervous. Eventually he yelled "If you can't get it done, then I don't need you working for me! I'll just hire someone who can handle the pressure!" He then got up and stormed back to the locker room leaving his 25 lb dumbbell on the floor...

Estevato58

Estevato58

Awards
This isn't related to lifting, but I remember when I had room mates and our group of friends would all go eat together, we all got into this habit of leaving the table to answer our cell phones. Whenever I would go eat with my dad and I got a phone call I would do it then too, lol. Ppl used to think we were trying to "act shady" or like we had some "business" going on, but we just saw it as being polite in public.

On that note I hate talking on the phone in the gym, period. My family already knows that if they call and I'm working out ill call back later. But I use my iPhone to listen to music while I work out and surf the net, watch movies and what not when I'm on the treadmill. But I hate when my music stops and the phone starts ringing in the middle of the set...

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
To the guy "trying to find his max bench" on the smith machine, stop, just stop. And you sound like a tool when you are trying to hit on the poor ladies at the gym by asking them to "give you a quick spot" while you "try to push all that weight".
I do not kid this guy asked three different ladies for a spot.

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
To the guy "trying to find his max bench" on the smith machine, stop, just stop. And you sound like a tool when you are trying to hit on the poor ladies at the gym by asking them to "give you a quick spot" while you "try to push all that weight".
I do not kid this guy asked three different ladies for a spot.
Did any of them spot him?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Did any of them spot him?
He went two for three but the two that did would have hurt them selves had they actually had to do something.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I set my 500+ deadlifts down gently. Not silently.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The kinda buff guy, teaching his out of shape friend, all the wrong things....

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was using a bench to do my DB pullovers and got done with a set, stood up and went to go set the DB back on the rack. The rack was only 10 feet away. I turn around after grabbing another weight DB and this dude is adjusting the bench I was on! Wasn't even away from it for 15 seconds! There were even 2 other benches free. It's almost like that was his "lucky" bench. I had a good sweat streak on that bench so I just laughed as he laid down in it before he noticed. I finished up on one of the free benches that was closer to the rack. I wasn't pissed by it (because there were open benches) but it really made me shake my head!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was at the gym today and I saw a guy ask an old man if he could cut in on the machine he was using. I really don't understand why people do this and why they just don't do other machines while they wait. I had a guy do this to me once and it irritated the crap out of me. Like seriously, you can't just wait a few more minutes?!?

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nothing wrong with cutting in, a specially if u have 45 min to pump out 4 sets/ 6 exercises , or if u in a hurry, n some douche bag is done one set n just sitting there, taking a 3 min break in between sets,

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was at the gym today and I saw a guy ask an old man if he could cut in on the machine he was using. I really don't understand why people do this and why they just don't do other machines while they wait. I had a guy do this to me once and it irritated the crap out of me. Like seriously, you can't just wait a few more minutes?!?
This is the exact reason I am switching where I go to work out. I just started up HIT so rest times are supposed to be limited at best. Don't have time to deal with peak hour fitness people. Plus I am OCD about exercise order.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 1
Admin Articles 2
Driven2lift General Chat 10
B5150 General Chat 182
mikeg313 General Chat 40