Dexaprine 3rd Party Test

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If anyone can access this full text I would appreciate it. It seems to technically meet label claims, although I'm not certain what PEA forms they found based on the abstract alone.

I'm also not sure if it was "Dexaprine" or "Dexaprine XR" that was sold in Europe. There were however several adverse events reported there in the last half of 2013 and several European countries were warning consumers to avoid its use.

A cocktail of synthetic stimulants found in a dietary supplement associated with serious adverse events.

AuthorsVenhuis B, et al. Show all Journal
Drug Test Anal. 2014 May 6. doi: 10.1002/dta.1664. [Epub ahead of print]

Affiliation
Abstract
Food supplements are regularly found to contain pharmacologically active substances. Recently, the food supplement Dexaprine was removed from the Dutch market because it was associated with severe adverse events. Reports to the Dutch Poisons Information Center (DPIC) showed that ingestion of as little as half a tablet caused several cases of nausea, agitation, tachycardia, and palpitations and even one case of cardiac arrest. The remaining tablets of four patients were sent in by different healthcare professionals. Analysis by ultra-performance liquid chromatography quadrupole time of flight mass-spectrometry (UPLC-QTOF-MS) confirmed the presence of synephrine, oxilofrine, deterenol, yohimbine, caffeine, and theophylline. Two more compounds were found which were tentatively identified as β-methyl-β-phenylethylamines. This incident is only the next in a series of similar incidents involving dietary supplements with (undeclared) active substances that are either unsafe or have no known safety profile. Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried but came up empty

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dexaprine has three different versions correct? OG, V 2.0 (which still went by Dexaprine) and XR. I used V1, but didn't enjoy V2 nearly as much. Pretty sure I still have an unopened bottle of it. Never used XR.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dexaprine has three different versions correct? OG, V 2.0 (which still went by Dexaprine) and XR. I used V1, but didn't enjoy V2 nearly as much. Pretty sure I still have an unopened bottle of it. Never used XR.
I'm not sure. Hard to keep up. This is the label currently on their website for XR which matches what this analysis found.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If anyone can access this full text I would appreciate it. It seems to technically meet label claims, although I'm not certain what PEA forms they found based on the abstract alone. I'm also not sure if it was "Dexaprine" or "Dexaprine XR" that was sold in Europe. There were however several adverse events reported there in the last half of 2013 and several European countries were warning consumers to avoid its use. A cocktail of synthetic stimulants found in a dietary supplement associated with serious adverse events. AuthorsVenhuis B, et al. Show all Journal Drug Test Anal. 2014 May 6. doi: 10.1002/dta.1664. [Epub ahead of print] Affiliation Abstract Food supplements are regularly found to contain pharmacologically active substances. Recently, the food supplement Dexaprine was removed from the Dutch market because it was associated with severe adverse events. Reports to the Dutch Poisons Information Center (DPIC) showed that ingestion of as little as half a tablet caused several cases of nausea, agitation, tachycardia, and palpitations and even one case of cardiac arrest. The remaining tablets of four patients were sent in by different healthcare professionals. Analysis by ultra-performance liquid chromatography quadrupole time of flight mass-spectrometry (UPLC-QTOF-MS) confirmed the presence of synephrine, oxilofrine, deterenol, yohimbine, caffeine, and theophylline. Two more compounds were found which were tentatively identified as ?-methyl-?-phenylethylamines. This incident is only the next in a series of similar incidents involving dietary supplements with (undeclared) active substances that are either unsafe or have no known safety profile. Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Just bought mine and have some left over as well.

Pea's are pretty damn cool. Especially with an Mao b inhibitor and a couple added goodies. For the purpose of going out

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If anyone can access this full text I would appreciate it. It seems to technically meet label claims, although I'm not certain what PEA forms they found based on the abstract alone.

I'm also not sure if it was "Dexaprine" or "Dexaprine XR" that was sold in Europe. There were however several adverse events reported there in the last half of 2013 and several European countries were warning consumers to avoid its use.

A cocktail of synthetic stimulants found in a dietary supplement associated with serious adverse events.

AuthorsVenhuis B, et al. Show all Journal
Drug Test Anal. 2014 May 6. doi: 10.1002/dta.1664. [Epub ahead of print]

Affiliation
Abstract
Food supplements are regularly found to contain pharmacologically active substances. Recently, the food supplement Dexaprine was removed from the Dutch market because it was associated with severe adverse events. Reports to the Dutch Poisons Information Center (DPIC) showed that ingestion of as little as half a tablet caused several cases of nausea, agitation, tachycardia, and palpitations and even one case of cardiac arrest. The remaining tablets of four patients were sent in by different healthcare professionals. Analysis by ultra-performance liquid chromatography quadrupole time of flight mass-spectrometry (UPLC-QTOF-MS) confirmed the presence of synephrine, oxilofrine, deterenol, yohimbine, caffeine, and theophylline. Two more compounds were found which were tentatively identified as β-methyl-β-phenylethylamines. This incident is only the next in a series of similar incidents involving dietary supplements with (undeclared) active substances that are either unsafe or have no known safety profile. Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Everything they listed is a constituent of natural extracts which we use. This witch hunt is going strong.

Reactions: mw1

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
not a clue sorry man
Speaks again to the validity of the "study" that they can't even list specifically what product they are testing.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Speaks again to the validity of the "study" that they can't even list specifically what product they are testing.
Do you have the full text? 98% of studies on specific supplements like this do not list the actual name of the supplement in the abstract. I'm surprised they even included "Dexaprine" in the abstract.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Do you have the full text? 98% of studies on specific supplements like this do not list the actual name of the supplement in the abstract. I'm surprised they even included "Dexaprine" in the abstract.
I do not. It's more alarmist propaganda. Everything they found was as listed on the label so it comes to question if whoever made this study has some sort of an agenda.

This incident is only the next in a series of similar incidents involving dietary supplements with (undeclared) active substances
Everything they found was declared... so...:bsflag:

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do not. It's more alarmist propaganda. Everything they found was as listed on the label so it comes to question if whoever made this study has some sort of an agenda.

Everything they found was declared... so...:bsflag:
Alarmist propaganda? Lol you cannot be serious. Do you know what a peer reviewed journal is?

How do you know if everything they found was declared if you don't even know which version of Dexaprine they tested?

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Correct. I still have some v1 and 3 bottles of v2 i bought on ebay 2 months ago at 20$ each lol...

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
I have eaten many bottles of each version. Its golden...at least the US stuff.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FYI - reading an abstract does not equal reading a study.

The point of the thread is to see if someone has access to the text so he can see if it is mentioned in thr study.

It's more alarmist propaganda.
A few people had bad reactions to a product. In an industry that is notorious for spiking products they figured they would test the pills and see if there was anything extra in it. They list what they would which if it is XR then there wasnt anything extra.

How is this alarmist propaganda?

Showing that a product meets label claims and isnt spiked (assuming it was xr) is alarmist propaganda?

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Alarmist propaganda? Lol you cannot be serious. Do you know what a peer reviewed journal is?

How do you know if everything they found was declared if you don't even know which version of Dexaprine they tested?
A few people had bad reactions to a product. In an industry that is notorious for spiking products they figured they would test the pills and see if there was anything extra in it. They list what they would which if it is XR then there wasnt anything extra.

How is this alarmist propaganda?

Showing that a product meets label claims and isnt spiked (assuming it was xr) is alarmist propaganda?
I was speaking in part due to the comment at the end:

This incident is only the next in a series of similar incidents involving dietary supplements with (undeclared) active substances
What undeclared active substances did they find? The propaganda is you're scaring the general public by spreading misinformation. There are 2 point of views from this abstract. You have the one that says everything found in their test was listed on the ingredient panel, and then you have the other stating undeclared active substances... so which is it?

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was speaking in part due to the comment at the end:

What undeclared active substances did they find? The propaganda is you're scaring the general public by spreading misinformation. There are 2 point of views from this abstract. You have the one that says everything found in their test was listed on the ingredient panel, and then you have the other stating undeclared active substances... so which is it?
They tested the product and indicated something in it was undeclared. There is nothing in the abstract that states everything they found was listed in the ingredient panel. They are spreading factual information based on their findings. Just bc the abstract doesn't list the undeclared ingredient doesn't mean there wasn't one in there.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
All I know about dexaprine XR is that that **** had me shaking worse than clenbuterol. Made me hot and jittery with chills. Thoroughly unpleasant.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I still have a bunch of the original. I'll pass it out at work and see what everybody has to say, haha.
I liked it when I tried it. :)

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
All I know about dexaprine XR is that that **** had me shaking worse than clenbuterol. Made me hot and jittery with chills. Thoroughly unpleasant.
if you didn't like this, you surely wouldn't like liquid clebutrx hardcore by VPX lulz

drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established
Just bought mine and have some left over as well.

Pea's are pretty damn cool. Especially with an Mao b inhibitor and a couple added goodies. For the purpose of going out
What exactly would you recommend?

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Could they be talking about the β-methyl-β-phenylethylamines when they say "undeclared".

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Same here! I had to bin the bottle - the worst stim I have ever taken. I'm not bashing iFroce, because I do use some of their other products, but this one felt dangerous.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Email the author

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I only say that because since the label only list Acacia and not what it is standardized for, that when they found the phenethylamines, that they would consider them "unlabeled".
I think this is exactly what we will come to find out. Maybe...

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I think this is exactly what we will come to find out. Maybe...
That would be my guess, especially considering all the hoopla over different forms of B-PEA's being structurally similar to amphetamine. Of course, we know that they don't act that way secondary to varied metabolism, but most won't dig that deep.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
I only say that because since the label only list Acacia and not what it is standardized for, that when they found the phenethylamines, that they would consider them "unlabeled".
And that's the issue we face. Are these authors familiar with DSHEA, in it's entirety, and what is allowed to be labelled.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
DSHEA is a USA law. Not the same as the European Commission regulations.
Very well then. Are the authors familiar with the European Commission regulations?

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
I briefly looked over the full study (4 pages).. their main gripe is that they want active's to be listed on the label.
They also claim unnaturally high levels of theophylline.. which doesn't really make sense...

That's like saying a 5g serving of creatine mono contains "unnaturally" high levels of creatine that you can't find in nature.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I briefly looked over the full study (4 pages).. their main gripe is that they want active's to be listed on the label.
They also claim unnaturally high levels of theophylline.. which doesn't really make sense...

That's like saying a 5g serving of creatine mono contains "unnaturally" high levels of creatine that you can't find in nature.
They may be saying that the theophylline content exceeds that which is naturally extractable from the plant.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
coop... that's why they use 2 whole plants per bottle man.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
They may be saying that the theophylline content exceeds that which is naturally extractable from the plant.
They are most definitely saying that. They also claim it is cheaper to use synthetic forms rather than naturally extracting said substances(in a negative connotation).

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I briefly looked over the full study (4 pages).. their main gripe is that they want active's to be listed on the label. They also claim unnaturally high levels of theophylline.. which doesn't really make sense...That's like saying a 5g serving of creatine mono contains "unnaturally" high levels of creatine that you can't find in nature.
mind sharing the FT?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Royd The Noyd, the author just got back to me with the text if you are still interested

AustBenny

AustBenny

Awards
Can't get this in Australia anymore :( We only had the powder version, not the pills - I think the pills had yohimbine which is banned here.

I can't post the link but article text from the newspaper:

One person has been hospitalised after consuming a sports drink with an amphetamine-like substance and illegal levels of caffeine.

The energy drink, Dexaprine XR Green Apple, has illegal levels of caffeine and an amphetamine-like substance, and on Thursday was recalled by the manufacturer.

One Australian has required hospitalisation after drinking Dexaprine XR Green Apple, which is sold in sports supplement stores in ACT, NSW, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia and online.

In a statement on Thursday, ACT Health said the product contained prohibited levels of caffeine, prescription-only substances and an amphetamine-like substance.

Advertisement
An ACT Health spokeswoman said one ACT business, with three outlets in Canberra, had been identified as a distributor, as well as an unknown number of online outlets.

"The health detection service inspected the ACT outlet and determined there was no product present in that outlet," she said.

"The business reports the stock of the product has not been received or sold."

She said the official national product recall had been issued by Food Standards Australia and NZ on May 6.

ACT Health said consumers should not drink the product and return it for a full refund at the place of purchase.

It is sold as a powder in a 120 gram plastic tub, with an expiry date of November 2018, and has been made by Kings Sports Industries Pty Ltd
Personally, I never had any problems with it and probably another case of a person using it stupidly. That said, I did have a bit of a gripe that the nutrition label says 1 scoop = 1 serve but in actual fact, 1 scoop = closer to 2 serves so it could be quite easy to unknowingly use more of the product than is intended.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do not. It's more alarmist propaganda. Everything they found was as listed on the label so it comes to question if whoever made this study has some sort of an agenda.Everything they found was declared... so...:bsflag:
Deterenol is on the label?