DC's New Year, New Life 2019

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I didnt go very high yet. Only 185 on incline, I wanted to know the feel of it first before I go full bore.
Yeah for sure, it’ll take a few sessions but I think you’ll find it better suited to flat bench for sure.

Literally you can normally work up to a 3 rep max without it, add 20lbs and put the slingshot on and hit another 3 reps

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah for sure, it’ll take a few sessions but I think you’ll find it better suited to flat bench for sure.

Literally you can normally work up to a 3 rep max without it, add 20lbs and put the slingshot on and hit another 3 reps
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that next bench day

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think DC goal is to lose as much body fat as possible before he starts his AAS,and so far his plan is working for him. It might not work for me or you but it’s working for him. Everyone is not built the same,and some people have to hack into their Genetics to reach their goals,by using the proper diet and supplements.
Not trying to be the bad guy here, and in no way disparaging DC, but this is not hacking his genetics to reach his goals. Please don't try to make it more than it is and give people without experience or knowledge that idea. There is no hack here, he is eating in a deficit and losing weight because he is in a deficit. From the looks of it he is averaging 1500 calories a day so of course he is going to lose weight. That is it, that is not a hack, and has nothing to do with the food choices being better for his genetics. To be quite honest, 100g of whey isolate, and 1100 calories of twinkies or donuts would produce similar results.

This so far have been a lifestyle / convenience diet, which will get him there but is less efficient than a more targeted approach. That is great and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it at all. However lets not try to give the impression there is something special going on here with his diet. There is not and those without enough experience to keep calories lower while eating these food choices are going to get confused by this and find themselves having a hard time reaching their goals. DC is having success with this, as his 4lb loss shows, but all of us including him know that there is a better more efficient approach. However he is okay with that, and keeping things on the chill side which is still going to get him leaner just a little slower.

Watching to see the improvements as he reigns the diet in and starts getting in more adequate protein levels. He has the deficit, and the fasting part down, a little more protein and some form of fruit or veggie for the micronutrients would be great additions.
Wobmarvel also had some nice suggestions for very convenient dieting that I have used many times. As a matter of fact add 2 cups of fresh spinach to your shakes and blend them, no difference in taste but a very quick hit of greens, also pretty good tossing in a cup of frozen berries. Between the two and especially if you do it for both shakes will go a long way toward micronutrients being improved.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Everyone has their own experience and opinions when it comes to life and exercising.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Wake-Up(0415)
Shower and Supplements

Breakfast(0443): 2 cups of Coffee w/ 1tsp of creamer each cup

Lunch(1130): Left Over Crawfish Fettuccine

Dinner(1730): Venison Nachos

Warm-Up(Elliptical) 10minsx1.6 miles

All sets 60" Rest except for RP

Shoulder Press(Machine): 70x18,18,18,18,18 90x12,12,12 RP 110x8,5,3

DB Shrugs: 60x15,15,15,15,15

Side Cable Raise(B/L): 10x15,15,15,15

External Rotation(B/L): 10x10,10

Internal Rotation(B/L): 10x10,10

Rear Delt Low Cross Cable: 10x10,10,10
20190108_174927.jpeg

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Forgot to add in my walking while at work today
Screenshot_20190108-201012_Accupedo.jpeg

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your dinner was a snack? What good is it going to do. It definitely is low calorie. But, yet again, it’s not covering all bases for your macros. Specially protein.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your dinner was a snack? What good is it going to do. It definitely is low calorie. But, yet again, it’s not covering all bases for your macros. Specially protein.
Probably 400-500cal

Chips, sour cream (3-4 HEAVY dollops) assuming it’s full fat cheese and meat. Won’t count the black olives lol

Chips typically have 7g fat per serving, sour cream (guessing 50g serving on his plate- 20g fat), cheese 7-9g (most yellow cheeses per 28g~ shredded /slice) then I’m not sure of the fat content in the venison.

At minimum 34g fat without the meat.

34*9= 300cal alone from the fat.

He’s hitting his calories for the meal but yes DC is probably falling short on protein.

But, seeing those nachos make me think of stadium nachos, those dudes are loaded, delicious and a rip off lol but delicious

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wake-Up(0415)
Shower and Supplements

Breakfast(0443): 2 cups of Coffee w/ 1tsp of creamer each cup

Lunch(1130): Left Over Crawfish Fettuccine

Dinner(1730): Venison Nachos

Warm-Up(Elliptical) 10minsx1.6 miles

All sets 60" Rest except for RP

Shoulder Press(Machine): 70x18,18,18,18,18 90x12,12,12 RP 110x8,5,3

DB Shrugs: 60x15,15,15,15,15

Side Cable Raise(B/L): 10x15,15,15,15

External Rotation(B/L): 10x10,10

Internal Rotation(B/L): 10x10,10

Rear Delt Low Cross Cable: 10x10,10,10View attachment 177651
Good seeing you do the rotator cuff stuff! About the food, well...

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Probably 400-500cal

Chips, sour cream (3-4 HEAVY dollops) assuming it’s full fat cheese and meat. Won’t count the black olives lol

Chips typically have 7g fat per serving, sour cream (guessing 50g serving on his plate- 20g fat), cheese 7-9g (most yellow cheeses per 28g~ shredded /slice) then I’m not sure of the fat content in the venison.

He’s hitting his calories for the meal but yes DC is probably falling short on protein.

But, seeing those nachos make me think of stadium nachos, those dudes are loaded, delicious and a rip off lol but delicious
His food always looks yummy! I know why that is.... its forbidden! :)

He may be trolling us.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Probably 400-500cal

Here is your nutrition on the Venison, Chips, Black Olives, Sour Cream, and Cheese in that order. Just so you have the information. I'm not debating or being negative
Screenshot_20190108-210219_Chrome.jpeg
Screenshot_20190108-210326_Chrome.jpeg
Screenshot_20190108-210430_Chrome.jpeg
Screenshot_20190108-210513_Chrome.jpeg
20190108_210557.jpeg

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
His food always looks yummy! I know why that is.... its forbidden! :)

He may be trolling us.
I'm not ironhands posting pics of fake natties. I post pics, I post foods, I post scale weights. I got a new body caliper ordered and will post that when I get it in, and I will try to get the wife to tape me, so y'all have tape measurements as well.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
With all this diet talk.....

Something tells me DC knows where he can tighten down if he wants... but hes found a plan that allows him to enjoy his food, live much closer to a normal life, and continually make awesome progress....any truth to that?

I've tried the 100% hardcore route and the easier flowing route that I suspect DC is fine tuning. Especially with a family to take care of, the latter wins by miles. No disrespect meant if I'm a little off on this...

I think most of us are trying to be the best "us" possible and not stretching to be the best physique in the world. Like what your doing DC - learned quite a bit this past year hanging in your log.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Something tells me DC knows where he can tighten down if he wants... but hes found a plan that allows him to enjoy his food, live much closer to a normal life, and continually make awesome progress....any truth to that?

I've tried the 100% hardcore route and the easier flowing route that I suspect DC is fine tuning. Especially with a family to take care of, the latter wins by miles. No disrespect meant if I'm a little off on this...

I think most of us are trying to be the best "us" possible and not stretching to be the best physique in the world. Like what your doing DC - learned quite a bit this past year hanging in your log.
Only better things to come brother as long as you stay in. You are spot on with the diet. And I am trying to be the best that I can be while still recovering from all my injuries of over 10 years in the military and 3 combat tours that got me in a bad spot in the first place. I ain't trying to stand next to Ronnie Coleman or Chris Bumstead, or even Branch Warren. That aint my goal.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not ironhands posting pics of fake natties. I post pics, I post foods, I post scale weights. I got a new body caliper ordered and will post that when I get it in, and I will try to get the wife to tape me, so y'all have tape measurements as well.
Okay, okay. I give up. Its apparently a definition thing. Ground Venison and Olives is the only real food I see in this pic.
By staying under maintenance cals, you will lose weight. If that is all that matters, well done! For losing fat and keeping as much lean mass as possible, this food is not good at all, unless everything I learned about nutrition is wrong -in that case I need a moment alone...
To hit myself in the face.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I get it. Flexible dieting is the only dieting for me, especially having a wife and three year old. I’ve competed twice in bodybuilding, one full PL meet and three push pulls so, I’ve had full hardcore dieting and lax dieting for all competitions. Flexible dieting best suites my life, I’m not attacking him or his food choices.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Okay, okay. I give up. Its apparently a definition thing. Ground Venison and Olives is the only real food I see in this pic.
By staying under maintenance cals, you will lose weight. If that is all that matters, well done! For losing fat and keeping as much lean mass as possible, this food is not good at all, unless everything I learned about nutrition is wrong -in that case I need a moment alone...
To hit myself in the face.

I'm not doubting you or putting your recommendations down. Where, did you learn your nutrition from? It has good points. I learned mine in school, and while it is not all practical in the real world. It still works.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I get it. Flexible dieting is the only dieting for me, especially having a wife and three year old. I’ve competed twice in bodybuilding, one full PL meet and three push pulls so, I’ve had full hardcore dieting and lax dieting for all competitions. Flexible dieting best suites my life, I’m not attacking him or his food choices.
I have a wife, an 8 yr old, and 3 adult children that we still help out. And with my 8 yr old in Karate, Gymnastics, Horseback Riding, and Bowling. Some meals are fend for yourself, or quickly made so someone can get a hot meal, even though no ones home during the week.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Took a bit time for me to comprehend whats going on here, now I got it.

Apparently, we have 2 groups here on AM.
Group 1 considers "processed stuff" to be food. Protein requirements, to keep lean muscles mass, are low -or less important.
Group 2 believes eating "clean" is the way to go. Crap food (may be delicious but considered crap by group 2) is to avoid, while keeping protein high.

I really believed all are in the second group, including me.

I'm sorry, DemntedCowboy , I did not know.

No sarcasm this time, I had no idea.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not doubting you or putting your recommendations down. Where, did you learn your nutrition from? It has good points. I learned mine in school, and while it is not all practical in the real world. It still works.
Got it now. Maybe I'm way to deep into this bodybuilding stuff, LOL. I follow nutrition recommendations of the pros to the letter. I totally forgot that others take it less serious. Sorry again DC.

Its also a cultural thing, I guess. As a German I almost never eat out. We cook everything and its mainly traditional dishes with veggies, potatoes and meat on the plate. I swear I had nachos maybe 2 times in my life, maybe 3. Same for anything considered "fast food", not my thing -and I thought it to be the culprit for today's obesity, especially in US.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Got it now. Maybe I'm way to deep into this bodybuilding stuff, LOL. I follow nutrition recommendations of the pros to the letter. I totally forgot that others take it less serious. Sorry again DC.
Nothing to be sorry about HGP, we all have different goals in this life. Mine is to heal and to get back into better shape than I was while on Active duty. And use my background and knowledge from my Sports Nutrition years in College and working with the New Orleans Saints, and time as an Infantryman in the Army, and my current re-certification in updated Sports Nutrition to better myself. I wanna look good, but I ain't trying to stand on stage either.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing to be sorry about HGP, we all have different goals in this life. Mine is to heal and to get back into better shape than I was while on Active duty. And use my background and knowledge from my Sports Nutrition years in College and working with the New Orleans Saints, and time as an Infantryman in the Army, and my current re-certification in updated Sports Nutrition to better myself. I wanna look good, but I ain't trying to stand on stage either.
I see now, I take "moving iron around" way to serious, but I also don't wanna be on stage. Have to do a bit of soul searching, I guess.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Really wasnt insinuating anything there. As simple as it sounds I had this revelation just this past year....all the talk on the subject just kept hammering the idea into my head. Wife was a little slower to help out at home this year as she was knocked up with our 5th child...that's what caused me to change thinking. Quality of life changed more than I expected when I wasnt so crazy about every calorie. And although it's not the same as going 100% I was a little surprised at the progress I could make eating more flexible choices...but being very smart about it. Judging your pics Tyga I would have guessed you were pretty perfect with that food intake!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Its also a cultural thing, I guess. As a German I almost never eat out. We cook everything and its mainly traditional dishes with veggies, potatoes and meat on the plate. I swear I had nachos maybe 2 times in my life, maybe 3. Same for anything considered "fast food", not my thing -and I thought it to be the culprit for today's obesity, especially in US.
I'm German and Scottish, raised by a Cajun Family in South Louisiana. I told my wife many of times, had I not met her I would still live in Bavaria. I love their food. Especially, Leberkäse, Bauernbrot, Nürnberger Bratwurst, Spätzle, Schattenmorellen, and Sobe ohne Kochen

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm German and Scottish, raised by a Cajun Family in South Louisiana. I told my wife many of times, had I not met her I would still live in Bavaria. I love their food. Especially, Leberkäse, Bauernbrot, Nürnberger Bratwurst, Spätzle, Schattenmorellen, and Sobe ohne Kochen
Lived in a little town called Kempten, about half hour north of the Disney castle (Neuschwanstein) in South Bavaria for a year in 2013-2014... Had I stayed at the company longer term I had EU blue card and would have learnt German to stay and been a citizen. Miss the currywurst (curry sausage) and mit pommes (fries)with Weisbier (Hefeweisen).

Fun fact ask for pepperoni pizza... Get a pizza covered in peperoncini peppers. For a wood fired slice of goodness you want to ask for Salami pizza.

Also fun to cross an empty side street a without a walk signal and have every local German give you dirty looks as they stand there.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here is your nutrition on the Venison, Chips, Black Olives, Sour Cream, and Cheese in that order. Just so you have the information. I'm not debating or being negativeView attachment 177659View attachment 177660View attachment 177661View attachment 177662View attachment 177663
I must say I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. If that's the servings your having your getting 700cals or so 70 gms protein 30 gms carbs and 35 gms fat (quick maths in my head may be slightly out). The protein is from a great source too.

Eat this three times a day and your laughing. The source of carbs is not the cleanest but like I said before your body won't care. I have used pringles to bump up carbs in the past and it has no different effect on body composition than plain oats. There is a difference in how full they make me feel and additives will make you want to eat more so I would use them more on a bulk and oats on a cut but if you can control the calorie intake your good to go.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Took a bit time for me to comprehend whats going on here, now I got it.

Apparently, we have 2 groups here on AM.
Group 1 considers "processed stuff" to be food. Protein requirements, to keep lean muscles mass, are low -or less important.
Group 2 believes eating "clean" is the way to go. Crap food (may be delicious but considered crap by group 2) is to avoid, while keeping protein high.

I really believed all are in the second group, including me.

I'm sorry, DemntedCowboy , I did not know.

No sarcasm this time, I had no idea.
I'm from group 3, I think some processed stuff is food but also aim to reach protein requirements from real food and supplements.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Did the Gladiators of Roman time meet their daily Macros?

Do the massive and shredded prisoners meet their daily Macros?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lived in Rosenheim the first 6 years of my life (was born on a base). Loved the culture, especially when we came back to the US and I learned what culture shock is . Completely different worlds in every regard, even with being so young and spending so much time around a US base it was evident. I vividly remember seeing my first drunk guy at a fest. Just on the dirt on his side and walking in place, like clock hands.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Classic strawman. However, i do like a good discussion :)

Gladiator? So, around the Roman empire.. the food choices were VASTLY different (ex; zero to no saturated fats besides the little meat the romans did ingest). Diets consisted mainly of barley, beans, some hunted meat and fruits. They had a carb heavy lifestyle, which; YOU believe genetic "hacking" so, yes in the context they did hit their macros.

Have you been to jail or prison? They get all the rest they want (ie, sleep) and three meals plus anything they want to buy off their books. Not to mention *most* inmates trade whatever they have for whatever they want. Plus, they get 3hrs of yard time... so, again.. yes if they're dedicated (which i would assume being locked up and putting your effort in being the biggest in prison as a alpha appearance) then being "jacked/ripped" is at their disposal.

Macro's/micro's are easily reached btw, within any diet as long as you don't put yourself in a box of eating one definite way with the same fruits/vegetables/meats.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Prison, I haven’t. Family and Friends, Yes.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
life is short enjoy it...

if it makes you happy to diet strict and look in the mirror with pride and admiration for your physique then do it...

if enjoying foods that are appealing to you while accepting that you will not look like that dude in the magazine then go for it...

if you stay strict the majority of the time and occasionally indulge then I think you are close to having the best of both worlds...this is where i'm at-as short as life is I don't want to deprive myself of things I enjoy even if only occassionaly.

i'm on vacation this week and the other day I took my granddaughter to ihop and had begian waffles with all the toppings-since then I've been doing extra cardio and cutting back on carbs-no weight has been gained and I have no regrets, had a wonderful time with my oldest grandchild.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
btw-speaking of food, anyone tried the 'test tube' plant based hamburger, curious about nutritional value compared to real meat, but I've heard it tastes very close to beef hamburgers..

google 'test tube' meat

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
btw-speaking of food, anyone tried the 'test tube' plant based hamburger, curious about nutritional value compared to real meat, but I've heard it tastes very close to beef hamburgers..

google 'test tube' meat
First I hear of it. Lol

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
I believe processed foods are less than optimal for overall health. That said, my current diet has some processed foods, usually for convenience sake.

I spent a life working my ass off (80-120 hours a week) to make more money to be a better breadwinner for my family. Life takes over when you have kids. The focus was on giving them the opportunities I didn’t have as a youth. Eventually, my body started to literally fall apart. I maxed at 290 lbs. During this time my diet was primarily comprised of eating out at fine restaurants and fast food joints, with chips and Guinness or wine for evening snack. Waaayyyyy too much refined sugar and processed foods.

Now, I prepare almost all of my meals and eat primarily whole foods.

Here is an article on why a diet consisting of primarily processed foods are less healthy than “whole foods”.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318630.php

I am not here to judge DC or anyone else. But I do want to share my experience and perspective.

In short, I saw myself as sacrificing my health for my family for 30 years by overworking, eating a diet heavy on processed foods, and not exercising at all. It was a warped sense of responsibility. How can my family be healthy if I don’t model it?

Somehow, most things are working out for me now. I feel like the luckiest person on the planet.

I suspect many here at AM can relate in some way to my experience.

Stay safe! Stay strong!

Reactions: Nac
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

google 'test tube' meat
I feel like that google search may turn up some undesirable images

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thebigt

This is where people differ. I am the same as you, if my daughter wants to have ice cream together or wants to feed me muffins, I’m going to eat them. My child’s ability to build memories and happiness with me will take precedence over diet for a meal lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thebigt

This is where people differ. I am the same as you, if my daughter wants to have ice cream together or wants to feed me muffins, I’m going to eat them. My child’s ability to build memories and happiness with me will take precedence over diet for a meal lol
amen, brother!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I feel like that google search may turn up some undesirable images
ZZ TOP? tube steak boogie, lol.

seriously, they are making test tube, plant based meat...I haven't tried it but I've heard it's available at arby's and carls jr-hardee's, probably a lot of places in cali.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Would be great to have pics from the past -now googling gladiator nutrition. :)
I highly doubt that gladiators looked like in movies.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe processed foods are less than optimal for overall health. That said, my current diet has some processed foods, usually for convenience sake.

I spent a life working my ass off (80-120 hours a week) to make more money to be a better breadwinner for my family. Life takes over when you have kids. The focus was on giving them the opportunities I didn’t have as a youth. Eventually, my body started to literally fall apart. I maxed at 290 lbs. During this time my diet was primarily comprised of eating out at fine restaurants and fast food joints, with chips and Guinness or wine for evening snack. Waaayyyyy too much refined sugar and processed foods.

Now, I prepare almost all of my meals and eat primarily whole foods.

Here is an article on why a diet consisting of primarily processed foods are less healthy than “whole foods”.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318630.php

I am not here to judge DC or anyone else. But I do want to share my experience and perspective.

In short, I saw myself as sacrificing my health for my family for 30 years by overworking, eating a diet heavy on processed foods, and not exercising at all. It was a warped sense of responsibility. How can my family be healthy if I don’t model it?

Somehow, most things are working out for me now. I feel like the luckiest person on the planet.

I suspect many here at AM can relate in some way to my experience.

Stay safe! Stay strong!
Same here.
Welcome to group 2. :)

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Same here.
Welcome to group 2. :)
Where possible I’m in group 2, processed food or supplements is used for convenience.

I try to get carbs from decent sources (I.e avoiding the white bread, nachos etc) only.

But

For me it’s because I don’t have the self control to moderate junk food intake. Quick digesting carbs just make me hungrier than before I ate so I’d personally exceed calorie intake (as I did for many years). It’s the same reason I don’t drink.

Abstinence in the main is the easiest and most sustainable way for me to eat. Ultimately you can lose weight eating anything, with enough protein any nutrition works, it’s just whether or not people can moderate (I know many recreational drug users who can get on it once a month or every 2-3 months and then not touch anything inbetween, for me it was daily or nothing).

horses for courses and whatever works best for you is the best plan.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Would be great to have pics from the past -now googling gladiator nutrition. :)
I highly doubt that gladiators looked like in movies.
You would be correct in that assumption!

Gladiators were fed primarily stews of whole grains like barley, oats, beans & lentils - and they were generally fed at a surplus if possible. Between keeping up with extensive daily training, trying to be strong, as well as wanting a layer of blubber to protect organs from minor wounds it just made sense. Contrary to movie portrayal, fights to the death were rather rare, and what could be a mortal wound for a man with abs can be relegated to a flashy flesh wound for show on a man with 20+% bf.

Plus, slave owners ain’t tryna break the bank feeding a school of gladiators a bunch of meat - they’re for making money, after all.

The thing people forget is that being in a surplus is massively anabolic, especially a carb-heavy one. You only need about a gram per kilo of bodyweight to grow on a surplus. If you’re eating 4,000 calories of whole grains and lentils in stock, you’re blowing past that number.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You would be correct in that assumption!

Gladiators were fed primarily stews of whole grains like barley, oats, beans & lentils - and they were generally fed at a surplus if possible. Between keeping up with extensive daily training, trying to be strong, as well as wanting a layer of blubber to protect organs from minor wounds it just made sense. Contrary to movie portrayal, fights to the death were rather rare, and what could be a mortal wound for a man with abs can be relegated to a flashy flesh wound for show on a man with 20+% bf.

Plus, slave owners ain’t tryna break the bank feeding a school of gladiators a bunch of meat - they’re for making money, after all.

The thing people forget is that being in a surplus is massively anabolic, especially a carb-heavy one. You only need about a gram per kilo of bodyweight to grow on a surplus. If you’re eating 4,000 calories of whole grains and lentils in stock, you’re blowing past that number.
As seen on sculptures, they had tiny dicks. Its logical. A enormous schlong would be easily injured in a fight. :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
As seen on sculptures, they had tiny dicks. Its logical. A enormous schlong would be easily injured in a fight. :)
:duel: definitely be something to aim at. lol....I think that would slow a guy down quite a bit to lose his schlong….just sayin

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't have past the selection phase for gladiator. "Even though his BF% is good, he has enough fat, his schlong is too long to fight."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DemntedCowboy Cycle Logs 183
DemntedCowboy Cycle Logs 475
Training Forum 6
Anabolics 26
Sir Foxx Anabolics 15