Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
enjoy your vacation...my motto is i do whatever makes me happy without feeling remorse about doing it.

but...we are all human and no set of rules is without exception.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
enjoy your vacation...my motto is i do whatever makes me happy without feeling remorse about doing it.

but...we are all human and no set of rules is without exception.
I been in Louisiana for 2 weeks. I am now back in Detroit. Just landed

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
List of known enemies to our cause, found in food:
-refined oils, all of them, including sunflower
-deep fried stuff
-bread, especially white bread
-most stuff with flower in it
-refined sugar
-sausages (full of everything you do not want in your body)
-ham (most cooked ham isn't even meat! Look it up)
-all commercial dressings
-all commercial stuff that comes out of bags, like mashed potatoes
-mayonnaise (use sparingly)
-ketchup (use sparingly)
-mustard (use sparingly)
-any crust, no matter what (KFC crust alike), full of refined oils and carcinogens
-sweet stuff, skittles and alike

List is longer, maybe its easier to list what's allowed:
-meat, any meat -unless deep fried
-fish and seafood (beware of shrimps and most farmed fish, full of chemicals)
-veggies, all
-fruits (well, you need fibers and vitamins, I eat 1-2 fruits a day)
-potatoes/all kinds (not fried in refined oil, dammit -and not freeze dried from a bag full with chemicals)
-rice
-pasta
-beans (very good choice)
-lentils (good)
-bacon (some)
-nuts, any nuts -but beware of calories
-seeds (like nuts)
-spices
-oats (NOT the commercial colored loopy-poopies!)

I sure missed a bunch, anyone?
I didn't see a double bacon jalapeño cheeseburger from whataburger on your list. So that means I'm G2G eating it right? ?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't see a double bacon jalapeño cheeseburger from whataburger on your list. So that means I'm G2G eating it right?
Perfectly FINE! You all go ahead with eating those -and "loopy-poopies cereals".

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Wake-Up(0640)
Supplements, and Shower

Breakfast(0800): 2 cups of coffee 1tsp of french vanilla creamer per cup

Airport Snack(1200): Smoothie King Peanut Power Plus

Dinner(1730): Dominos thin crust(Italian Sausage, black olives, mushrooms, onions, spinach: 4 slices

Diet will be better tomorrow when We have time to cook, and training will be done tomorrow

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well, besides losing my grandmother. Everything else was awesome

never good to lose a loved one....but reading what you posted about her it sounds like she had a great life with lots of love in it.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
never good to lose a loved one....but reading what you posted about her it sounds like she had a great life with lots of love in it.
Very much. We all know she was ready to go, we just weren't ready for her to go.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Don't know when I'm gonna use it, but it was under the tree for me when I got home.
20190105_193351.jpeg

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Perfectly FINE! You all go ahead with eating those -and "loopy-poopies cereals".
Lol, nah man I stay away from fast food unless I'm traveling on the road, which isn't too often. If I want a cheesebrger I go somewhere that has real beef and toppings. Fast food is what got me to 240 lbs of fat a few years back

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Another present. The Winter Soldier, I also got a Superman top(not pictured) will have to get that one later.
12712.gif
20190105_194421.jpeg

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I love mine and use it weekly
Do a warm up set than 3 heavy working sets with it on then 10 sets of ten. Also great with dumbbells
Awesome. Thanks. I will have to try it with a DB Chest day

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You’re gonna enjoy it - like turning on bench superpowers. I get a good 10% more power

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You’re gonna enjoy it - like turning on bench superpowers. I get a good 10% more power
Do a warm up set than 3 heavy working sets with it on then 10 sets of ten. Also great with dumbbells
Think I'm gonna like this thing from y'all responses. I will try it on my next bench day

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You must have been running with the right group... Most people who know the term elbow have done some dealing or been around people who do. It is probably pretty obvious but the Elbow was code based on the abbreviation for pound which is LB.
Never heard elbow before but then again we use grams and ounces in the Uk. Back in the day weed was sold as a ‘henry’ after Henry the eighth, an eight eighths being what ounces were split into for selling.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just to clarify, you mean 3 heavy (like over 100%) sets with the slingshot, then 10x10 without?

I’ve just started something similar and find a huge improvement in bench from an assisted overload first (heavy partials on squat or heavy rack pulls for deads don’t seem to be anywhere near as beneficial as bench for me).

My bench is very poor though so probably the lift with most room to get the benefit of an overload.....

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wake-Up(0640)
Supplements, and Shower

Breakfast(0800): 2 cups of coffee 1tsp of french vanilla creamer per cup

Airport Snack(1200): Smoothie King Peanut Power Plus

Dinner(1730): Dominos thin crust(Italian Sausage, black olives, mushrooms, onions, spinach: 4 slices

Diet will be better tomorrow when We have time to cook, and training will be done tomorrow
Good log as ever DC, the openness of your thread is what sparks the debate and people’s desire to help and assist you continue your already impressive journey.

I had to look up an oyster po boy, never heard of a po boy before but seemingly it’s 701 Cals, 24g protein, 81g carbs and 31g fat. For me personally (even on holiday) Id want a higher protein content for that number of calories, especially if my training had to be limited. To be honest I’d just want more for 700 Cals, both in quantity and micronutrients.

Your training is soot on and you run proper cycles so in my mind I think if your nutrition was absolutely dialled in (like proper spot on) for 6 months you would end up absolutely shredded (like Beast level shredded).

Not saying that should be your goal by the way, sh1t with what you’ve been through just being where you are now is an inspiration to me, but if that is where you wanted to get to them imo it’s dialling in that nutrition that’s the only gap.

Sorry to hear about your loss as well bro.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have 2 remarks

I am having Farm Fresh Sausage and Farm Fresh Eggs for breakfast this morning, it's great having a daughter that's a farmer I know what's in it and it's good!!

I am leaving on a Cruise in about a month and I am going to eat all the bad stuff I love !!!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have 2 remarks

I am having Farm Fresh Sausage and Farm Fresh Eggs for breakfast this morning, it's great having a daughter that's a farmer I know what's in it and it's good!!

I am leaving on a Cruise in about a month and I am going to eat all the bad stuff I love !!!
When talking sausages, I was not talking about your "sausage". ;)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Eggs.jpg

Breakfast this morning, Fresh Eggs, Fresh Sausage and some left over rice.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sunday is a non training day for me. So today is yard stuff all day.

Wake-Up(0750)
Supplements, and Shower

Breakfast(0850): 2 cups of Coffee 1tsp of coconut creamer per cup

Lunch(1243): Toast w/gravy & bacon

Dinner(1730): Venison Roast, Rice w/Gravy, Beans & Bacon
20190106_124308.jpeg
20190106_171933.jpeg

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You don't want my input, I know... anyways:

Dinner = excellent 10/10

Breakfast: x

Lunch: x

Edit: I mean its yummy, no doubt -but not good for bodybuilding.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Dinner = excellent 10/10

Input is fine, breakfast will always be coffee, I don't eat till no earlier than 1130(normally), sometimes it just dont workout that way. Lunch the toast was 1 piece of wheat bread, with homemade white gravy and bacon. We dont do much store bought here. Most of our meats either come from killing it i.e. venosin, or farmer i.e. bacon, all the gravy is homemade even the sauce for the beans is homemade. Just putting it out there. We only buy what we have to from the store. Everything else we kill, buy straight from the farm, or grow ourselves in the summer in our garden and then can for the winter.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Input is fine, breakfast will always be coffee, I don't eat till no earlier than 1130(normally), sometimes it just dont workout that way. Lunch the toast was 1 piece of wheat bread, with homemade white gravy and bacon. We dont do much store bought here. Most of our meats either come from killing it i.e. venosin, or farmer i.e. bacon, all the gravy is homemade even the sauce for the beans is homemade. Just putting it out there. We only buy what we have to from the store. Everything else we kill, buy straight from the farm, or grow ourselves in the summer in our garden and then can for the winter.
Coffee? Fine. Creamer? Nope. Toast? Nope. Bacon? hm. Gravy? hm.

Thing is, your total protein from those 3 "meals" is about: 70-90 gr , judging with my eye. I hope you know how much you need for a positive nitrogen balance.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Dinner = excellent 10/10

Edit: I mean its yummy, no doubt -but not good for bodybuilding.
Note, breakfast was a better choice than the leftover pizza I was gonna eat

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Note, breakfast was a better choice than the leftover pizza I was gonna eat
Without a doubt. :)

You will need at least 60% more protein only to maintain your current muscles.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Coffee? Fine. Creamer? Nope. Toast? Nope. Bacon? hm. Gravy? hm.

Thing is, your total protein from those 3 "meals" is about: 70-90 gr , judging with my eye. I hope you know how much you need for a positive nitrogen balance.
The coffee creamer I use nutrition label is attached. Recommend dose by label 1 serving is 15ml or 3.043 teaspoons. So that is what would equal the label breakdown. I use 1 teaspoon per cup. Which would still be under 1 reccommended dose for a single cup of coffee. I used to drink my coffee black, now I just put enough creamer in to change the color, and its mainly to knock down some of the acidity of the coffee due to stomach issues due to GERD

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Forgot to attach the label
Screenshot_20190106-181110_Chrome.jpeg

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Without a doubt. :)

You will need at least 60% more protein only to maintain your current muscles.
I do know I have to up my protein more. I know its been low lately.

Edit: you where spot on I looked it up protein today was only 90g

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do know I have to up my protein more. I know its been low lately.

Edit: you where spot on I looked it up protein today was only 90g
You need double of that to grow something...

My tip would be: Keep the creamer. Substitute the lunch for a real meal. Chose eggs or meat. The dinner looked great -but here I had doubled the beans and cut out the rice, using the rice (carbs) for lunch. That gives you energy for the rest of the day, sparing protein.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ah. Don't look what BEAST73 is eating, counting his proteins. He is a BEAST, remember? What he does works only for him, mark my words.
We mortals have to follow the rules and have enough protein to maintain or grow.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You need double of that to grow something...

My tip would be: Keep the creamer. Substitute the lunch for a real meal. Chose eggs or meat. The dinner looked great -but here I had doubled the beans and cut out the rice, using the rice (carbs) for lunch. That gives you energy for the rest of the day, sparing protein.
I like that, and normally when I work I eat leftovers from dinner, and then whatever the wife makes for dinner, and I eat right before I head to the gym. So tomorrow I will train probably early cause I'm off to go get a rental vehicle cause my truck is in the shop still. Even though I dropped it off before I went to Louisiana. Then Tuesday, I will eat different still and get back into my regular routine.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ah. Don't look what BEAST73 is eating, counting his proteins. He is a BEAST, remember? What he does works only for him, mark my words.
We mortals have to follow the rules and have enough protein to maintain or grow.
BEAST73 eats raw bear meat...that he killed with his hands

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like that, and normally when I work I eat leftovers from dinner, and then whatever the wife makes for dinner, and I eat right before I head to the gym. So tomorrow I will train probably early cause I'm off to go get a rental vehicle cause my truck is in the shop still. Even though I dropped it off before I went to Louisiana. Then Tuesday, I will eat different still and get back into my regular routine.
I have also trouble to get my macros daily. I sometimes scramble 12-20 eggs, when the fridge is full of "no-no's" -or even snack on 250gr of peanuts if nothing can be found.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have also trouble to get my macros daily. I sometimes scramble 12-20 eggs, when the fridge is full of "no-no's" -or even snack on 250gr of peanuts if nothing can be found.
Normally, its when I'm at home and not working is where my issues come in. When I go to work I do pretty good with them or atleast come close to it.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Normally, its when I'm at home and not working is where my issues come in. When I go to work I do pretty good with them or atleast come close to it.
As a last resort: Protein shakes. I don't use any supplement for a few month now, besides multi-b and fish oil. No Whey, BCAA, Creatine...nothing.
Can't say I got smaller :) .

Here what I ate today:
Breakfast: 2 cups of coffee with whole milk
Lunch: Leftover meat from yesterdays BBQ , Bean salad with boiled eggs in it. about 110gr protein total
Dinner: Chicken breast and brown rice 70gr protein, 1 yoghurt (2 cup size) 20 gr protein
150gr peanuts 35gr protein

235 gr protein. May have some slices of pineapple later.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think I missed it but how much oral tren are you running?

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think I missed it but how much oral tren are you running?
Aint yet. I have to get my bloodwork for TRT first. I'll be emailing my doc when I get back to work on Tuesday. And hopefully he has it set up for later this week since I use Entourage for TRT and the VA for bloodwork

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Bman1970 what's your week look like this week? I will be back at work on Tuesday. So only day I'm lifting early this week is Monday, and Saturday.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Finally jumped onto this thread....havent had time to catch up completely yet...just wanted to say hell yea cowboy! Looked at all those pics from the first post. You've made some incredible progress since that 2015 pic....I know you've done some great sh!t in 2018 - cant wait to see what crushing 2019 looks like for you! Subbbbbed

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Finally jumped onto this thread....havent had time to catch up completely yet...just wanted to say hell yea cowboy! Looked at all those pics from the first post. You've made some incredible progress since that 2015 pic....I know you've done some great sh!t in 2018 - cant wait to see what crushing 2019 looks like for you! Subbbbbed
Thank you brother and Welcome

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You're not going to get anywhere close to building muscle with the amount of protein you're taking in. Why take all the gear and eat like crap.

This had to be said.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DemntedCowboy Cycle Logs 183
DemntedCowboy Cycle Logs 475
Training Forum 6
Anabolics 26
Sir Foxx Anabolics 15