DanTman's CUTTING log...starting 11/13/05

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 25

Tri workout was great.....i was draggin ass beforehand and didnt really want to do it but when i started it felt awesome......

diet was 100% today.

i started the new diet today....its a little easier, way quicker too and its not all too much of a change.

thats it really

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 26

Leg day went good. It sucked but it was good.

Felt kinda sick/weird after squats and had to sit down for a few minutes.....felt fine....came back again during SLDL's then went away again, it was weird.

added 10 lbs to squats just for fun so that made things a little harder, still got the reps needed, my form was pretty sloppy today which i wasnt happy about.

diet was 100%.....

dont know if this is related to the vitamins or food i am taking/eating at night but i have been having some trippy kick ass dreams, the ones that are very vivid and last all night and end when u wake up( usually when the good stuff is about to happen). This isnt bad, i like it.

well i just ate my last meal,

im going to f*cking bed:yawn:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its the zinc :)

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
i knew it, i remember reading about ZMA and sleep/dreams.......I get DEEP sleep now...it just hard to get up in the morning.

to give u a hint of how vivid these dreams are.......k i had a dream that i was pissing all night....a very very long piss that wouldnt end....ill let u guess what happened when i woke up, YEP! something i didnt even do when i was a little kid. If u didnt figure it out, i wet the bed......a good bit.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 27

Bi's and shoulders went great, really felt the reps toards the end of sets....

Diet was 100%

cardio was fine as always

today was overall 100%

update tomorrow. despite the shitty wednesay i had i think i might pull off 2 lbs, we will see.

cant wait to see what i dream about tonight, its really cool.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i knew it, i remember reading about ZMA and sleep/dreams.......I get DEEP sleep now...it just hard to get up in the morning.

to give u a hint of how vivid these dreams are.......k i had a dream that i was pissing all night....a very very long piss that wouldnt end....ill let u guess what happened when i woke up, YEP! something i didnt even do when i was a little kid. If u didnt figure it out, i wet the bed......a good bit.
I've done that before. I dreamed a got up and went to the toilet. Seconds later I woke up and I wasn't at the toilet. Hasn't happened in a long time though.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
damnit, im such an idiot.

i woke up and went right to cardio, totally forgot to weigh in and take measurements.....i weighed and mesured after cardio but that wouldnt be to accurate.

i will have to update tomorrow

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 28

day off, felt good.....forgot to update as posted earlier.

didnt have a cheat today because of wednesdays disaster, BUT i did subsitute a bagel for brown rice, and i cooked some mushrooms and onions and threw them on top......damn it was a fine meal, ill eat that next time instead of chinease.

nothing has come up really.....i have 4 weeks of experience with this program under my belt so now its time to really buckle down and imrove even more diet/training wise.

i definaltey dont really feel like im cutting yet, i feel harder and a little bigger......arms have most certanly gotten bigger...hmmm guess im not used to sound nutrition.

well im going to sleep, hopefully i dont piss myself agin....this has happened twice now......but atleast im not alone ;)

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 29

chest workout was nothing but amazing, all the weights are up and didnt have to lower weight as much set to set, it seems that every workout gets better and better.

diet was good today, not 100% because i had to combine some of meal 2 to meal 3 beause of an error on my part, and my cafeteria had no skim left but other than that it was 100%

update weight

thats 3 some odd pounds over 4 weeks.....but my waist is down and some measuments are up so that means there was a little muscle gain in that period, its not going to last so when it does bottom out a little the weight should just melt off.

it feels like recomp a little

well see what this week brings.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 30

Back workout kicked ass.

Diet was about 95 % because mty last meal wasnt enough....i was supposed to have two but only had one....someone ate the other one:nutkick:

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 31

day off from weights, just had some cardio to do...which was fine

Diet was 100%

BED!

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 32

Today was alright, had the day of of school because of the icy rain which is cool because it was finals day and tomorrow is the last day before winter break...the people up north would laugh at us, here a little sleet wreaks havoc to the area....police everywhere, trees falling down, no power, key holes on your car frozen shut as well as doors, windows frozen so u cant see when u drive, people freaking out, the whole nine.

and you guys get like 50 feet of snow but its no prob.

ran out of protein isolate and had to use some dymatize elite whey( only once) and it has 3 grams of fat in 2 scoops as well as some carbs, other than that diet was 100%

weights sucked today, i had to give up the basement to my dad for important reasons...ill try to hit them tomorrow on leg day which might be a treat....im always good at never missing a workout so i felt kinda let down , but **** happens.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 33

Leg day......bobo- they need to lock u up somewhere, u crazy ass bastard.

all the other days...chest, tri's, bi's ect are really not that bad but back and legs just make me want to fall down and not get up for a few days.....the funny thing is , is that its not all too intense its just ...idk.

but yeah leg day was good, squats felt a bit heavier than usual.Form was sloppy fist set but got better after a while... i was putting way to much lower back into it.

finished the workout early today because we got let out of school early so i said what the hell i mine as well get it over with now so i dont have to 'look foward' to it all night......im glad i did, nw i can just chil the rest of the night, plus i have the next few weeks off for winter/christmas break so that kicks ass.

diet has been and will remain 100% today

NOTE

I am FOR SURE losing fat, i woke up this morning and was prety floored on how much of a difference there really is. I know that the love handles and abs are the last to come off but they are getting smaller i know it because im more V-shaped, i was happy as hell this morning........also my pants are starting to sag, very noticable difference also, i cant belive it all just hit me today.

Questions-

I am a little confused about the weight for squats.

1. Do i go up or down in weight with each set?

2. How heavy should i be going? I could do heavy ass 12 reps, but i remember u saying thats not good when cutting...so what kind of weight is appropriate.

3. My soreness is going away, i really havent had any this week....is this a problem....do i need to up the weight, or is this normal?

thats all.

midget

Board Supporter
Awards
From what I understand:

1. Nope (unless its specifically says 'Dropset')

2. If it says 4 sets, 12 reps, use a the same weight for each set. This weight should be just light enough for you to finish the 4th set.

3. Up the weight if you can complete #2. No sorness? Lucky you :)

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys, ill try upping the weight further this week to see if i can get sore. It sure feels like ill be sore during the workout but i wake up the next day and just feel tight and alittle sore.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 34

Training was 100%

Diet was 100%

i wore a t-shirt today and it was one that i guess fit really good( tight around chest and arms) and my mom freaked out saying how i look massive now....she even took pics because she was 'amazed'.......it isprobably just that i havent worn a shirt like that in a while, who knows lol.

The food is getting to be so damn delicious it feels like i am dirty bulking, no joke....think cinnamon roles WITH ICING , a chinease tasting dish, garlic bread, and some other goodies. ALL of this is made with stuff on this diet, im just getting good at it.......these cinnamon roles are so amazing, they might be a cheat meal from now on, just...it wont be a cheat meal.

im going to sleep.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 35

weight update- 217.2( down from 218.8)

i weighed in a day early so i am missing out on a good few ounces.

no taining today besides cardio, which went fine as always.

weight loss is happening, im going to miss weight gain and waist loss :(

the weeks are flying by

yep

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys, ill try upping the weight further this week to see if i can get sore. It sure feels like ill be sore during the workout but i wake up the next day and just feel tight and alittle sore.
Don't worry about the soreness. It doesn't have any bearing on the success/failure of the workout. (I read a post from Bobo about this somewhere-one of the long threads. 'MattALRI's 15 Rules to weight training' I think). Everyone's different. Some bodyparts get sore, some don't. Just concentrate on working the muscle in each set and how it feels at that particular time. You don't want to sacrifice form for the sake of soreness:).

Bobo actually started a thread, describing a post w.o mix that 'practically eliminated DOMS'. I keep meaning to make a list of the aa's but I keep forgetting.

My NEW favorite pre workout mix

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 36

NOOOOO, i think im getting sick.

i woke up this morning with a mild sore throat...thought oh crap this really isnt the time for this to happen, first of all because its the holidays and second of all i am progresseing pretty nicely.

I went ahead and tried to workout without overdoing it because i hate the feeling of missing a workout, so i did and was actually feeling a bit better......i went to take a swig of water and it really felt like it was kicking in........stopped the workout and took some vit C and meds right away...ill be damned if i get sick, im doing everything in my power not to. I took some nyquil for a good nights sleep and im sucking on sugar free halls constantly, hopefully tomorrow ill wake up and be fine and if i am i will finish the chest workout with tri's on thursday scince CG and RG bench press will hit the chest quite niclely.

any advice on getting rid of this before it comes in fullblown would be appreciated.

i have taken 4g of vitamin c, drank tons of water, taken some meds, halls, and thats about it....its still here but not too bad.

on the brightside, diet was good .

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Vitamin C, zinc and rest. Hope you get better!

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
eh, i woke up and its still here. I dont feel 'sick' though, its just coming along slowly.

can i still lift today? or would that not be a wise idea?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Depends on how you feel. If you feel a bit weak in any way then rest.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 37

Starting to get some other symptoms....

I didnt really feel 'bad' today just bland.....i didnt feel weak either so i went ahead and lifted weights, i took it easy so i wouldnt overdo it.
Ill just have to stick this one out

diet was 100%, i always look foward to chicken now....which is good.

im going to take some more vitamin c and gonna get some more rest, tomorrow is off from weights so im going to sleep alot and try to get rid of this damn thing.

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Go and sit in a steam room (not a sauna!) for a while. That might help with the throat and a few other symptoms. Don't forget your bottle of water though:) !

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
^ i use to shove towels under my bathroom door and turn shower water on its hottest to loose wieght for wrestling( back when i was a lean 152;)), i might have to try that tomorrow.

minus the saran wrap or trash bags, god i was an idiot. Then i'd wake up at 5 and do it over after some trash bag sprints....looking back idk how i did all that....i didnt eat either.

it was all fun though

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 38

day off from weights, got ALOT of rest.

Diet was almost perfect but i forgot to eat two thnigs today( not meals, just accesories)

i still did the cardio today because thats not physicaly demanding and shouldnt make me more sick, il never miss cardio:)

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 39

Woke up today and sore throat and everything was gone, i felt good!

did tri's and some chest today and that went good, as well as cardio.

diet was 100%

back on track:woohoo:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:clap2:

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 40

Did legs right after i woke up today....idk how the hell i was going to get myself under that damn bar but i did and im glad i did. If only i could wake really early every morning and get lifting done then.....i dont think i could mustar up the energy/motivation to do it that early, i have a hard time getting up and eating at that time.

well im about to go out to dinner, i really have no choice but to go. Im not going to have anyting bad, im thinking a chicken salad or chicken and vegies or something of that sort. Hell ill even take that damn 1/2 bagel with me:trout:

i must be honest though, i HAVE sampled a few christmas goods today, like a crumb worth just to se what i have in store for me on the 25th.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm so far it looking damn good. I must not go overboard though, ill try hard not to. My family knows f'in everyone so we get loads of good stuff , its makes dieting pretty hard:nutkick: 1 more day, just 1 more day

King Nothing

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
haha, I've been doin some samplin too, just takin little pieces and crumbs. haha. My buddy came into town last night that I havn't seen in a few months and invited me to Taco Cabana. I wasn't gonna get anything cuz of the diet but his gf bought a few baskets of chips and a huge bowl of queso. I didn't want her to feel bad so I did some sampling, lol, "sampling" and it was good.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
"sampling"

lol, actually ive been pretty good with this diet, only during cheat meals have i had anything remotley close to an acual cheat meal. I havent even though about that, damn this diet kicks ass! I have failed miserably in the past, where a sample would turn into a bit which would turn into a "just a sliver" then a whole piece, then a whole thing into a whole gluttony fest.

anyway, dinner was fine tonight....chicken breast sauteed mushrooms and a side salad. :)

King Nothing

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah same here, just last night was one of those times when you have to get off. It wasn't worth it for me to make someone feel bad so I could maintain a diet

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 41

diet was off today, i couldnt cook anything because everything in my kitchen was being used, so i had to drink a good bit of protein today.

Ill TRY as hard as i can to keep the cheats clean tomorrow, i am in no way going to indulge and go all out, im going to keep it sane and do my cardio and hopefully get away with little to no damage.

merry chrismas eve, even though its 12:10

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Im doing good so far, actually i dont even have an appetite so this should be easy!

just a little bit of junk food and ill be good.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 42

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 oneonewon

todays diet will abviously be a little off, i have the day off from weights but a little cardio to do.

cheats will not be all out today, i dont even really have an appetite for it...earlier in th week i couldnt wait but when the day finally comes its like , meh no big deal. They food doesnt look as good when u know u can eat it:wtf:

I GOT A PRE PAID 6 MONTHS MEMBERSHIP TO GOLD'S GYM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo: :dance: :djparty: :box: :head:

thats f'ing awesome, now i could do the routine to the T.

sorry for all the colors but thought i'd livin up the post a bit cause its xmas

Enjoy The Holidays All ;)

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 43

wow, workouts are so much faster and smoother at a gym, damn it was awesome and the workout got done in record time. Im going to like this.

diet was 100%

I plan on not having a cheat meal for a long time, even on new years, im going to see how long i can go cheat free......im a big talker ;)

gained some water weight after yesterday, obviously and not too much. waist seems to be coming down a bit.

I did weigh in on a different scale so it might have F'ed it up but oh well.

cant wait to hit the gym again tomorrow.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 44

remember that thing i said about me not getting sore anymore? that was a false alarm, im getting very sore again......could be the new equipment im using.

anyway, i hammered my back today....its so much fun when u have endless weights and machies to use....soooooooooooooooo much better than my home gym. Better and faster workouts:twisted:

Diet was 100% today

that is all

King Nothing

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Which Gold's are you going to? Any chance it's in Texas?
-Chris

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 45

no gym today :(

just did some cardio, thats all.

got tri's tomorrow and im looking foward to it.

diet was 100%

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
yeah i have wednesdays off.

i have never been to texas in my life, lol.

King Nothing

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've only left Texas twice. Once to Louisiana when I was little and once two years ago to Orlando. I might end up visiting Maine soon though since my GF is about to move there in 2 weeks

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 46

hit tri's at the gym today, which again is much better than home, this week has been the best workout wise that ive had thus far.

diet was 100% , i have a feeling that this week is going to be good update wise, i wont let new years ruin this...thats right no cheats.

leg day tomorrow, yeah lucky me, but atleast i have some machines to work with.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 47

Early update today.

Leg day, it was great workout but as always it sucked. Hell, i even use to think leg extensios were fun, hmm, think again. However, i do like leg press ALOT. It was my first time using some of these things, hack squats were going good but at the end of my secnd set i got this sharp pain in the pelvic region....a bit lower than my abs and on the right side so i couldnt do the next set( yes a tried to) other than that everything got done. Squats felt lighter today with the same weight as usual.

i felt really naseuos in the middle of the workout but this is usual. Today was the first time i actually had trouble finishing my post workout meal. Im so glad its over and tomorrow i got bi's which will be fun.

moral of the story.....TGIF my ASS:rofl:

-GOOD NEWS-

-I looked leaner than ever in the mirror this morning, im so pissed that i havent taken pics. I could see those two bones again, i think they are hip bones but i can see them again!

- I was reffered to as big by a gold's employee.

- my waist update will be exciting this week! its down a good bit.

- im getting some vascularuty at times

- everything is going swimingly