Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6 liters is already 1.5 gallons. That’s not a wild amount for a highly muscular man who sweats a fair amount…but what’s the 7th liter, the extra 2 pints, accomplishing that 1.5 gallons isn’t already? Especially when you’re not used to 5 liters total fluid apparently?

More water after a point just means you have to turn over more electrolytes and pee more often. It does suppress appetite & inhibit digestion, if you are hungry.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ha yeah it was awesome, my wife said lets see what we learn in Guadalajara this week and bring new ideas to my next batch on Sunday. I think I'll get in the habit of making my own salsa from here on out during sundays meal prep anyways. I admittedly forgot lime and cilantro last time! so it can only get better from here....

oh no, like lost it lost it for good? I'd be so bummed if I lost my gym bag, there's sooo much gear in there
Well, lost enough I couldn't find it this morning after the gym. I am afraid I left it at the gym yesterday and no one turned it into lost and found so it is probably gone. Had a set of metal barbell collars, my versa grips, some resistance bands for warm ups, and the dongle to get into the other gym, which I think I have to pay $25 to replace... Thank goodness I had my earbuds and stuff in my pocket normally I have those in the bag. I am going to look again tonight, but I feel like I did a pretty thorough job of looking this morning.

6 liters is already 1.5 gallons. That’s not a wild amount for a highly muscular man who sweats a fair amount…but what’s the 7th liter, the extra 2 pints, accomplishing that 1.5 gallons isn’t already? Especially when you’re not used to 5 liters total fluid apparently?

More water after a point just means you have to turn over more electrolytes and pee more often. It does suppress appetite & inhibit digestion, if you are hungry.
Yeah, that is more water than I have really ever drank intentionally on a regular basis. I am normally somewhere around a gallon of water then whatever other fluids. He has me replacing sodium all day with it too. So we shall see. Maybe he is doing it to lower appetite but honestly if that is the only reason it is being a wasted effort. I am not that hungry anyway. I will give this a shot this week to see how it pans out but if I am constantly in the restroom and am not seeing some other benefit I will discuss bringing that down to 5-6 liters.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well, lost enough I couldn't find it this morning after the gym. I am afraid I left it at the gym yesterday and no one turned it into lost and found so it is probably gone. Had a set of metal barbell collars, my versa grips, some resistance bands for warm ups, and the dongle to get into the other gym, which I think I have to pay $25 to replace... Thank goodness I had my earbuds and stuff in my pocket normally I have those in the bag. I am going to look again tonight, but I feel like I did a pretty thorough job of looking this morning.
that sucks dude, I hope it shows up. when I lost my inzer it wasn't in the lost and found and a couple days later I went ahead and asked again...just incase... and magically it was there lol. maybe you will get lucky.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
that sucks dude, I hope it shows up. when I lost my inzer it wasn't in the lost and found and a couple days later I went ahead and asked again...just incase... and magically it was there lol. maybe you will get lucky.
Yeah that is what the guy at the desk said. I sure do hope I don't stumble across someone using my versa grips... My dog chewed off one of the corners of the leather on one of them so I will be able to tell they are mine. I can see me bitch slapping someone over any backtalk about giving them back... Well maybe just take them to the front and report them. LOL

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah that is what the guy at the desk said. I sure do hope I don't stumble across someone using my versa grips... My dog chewed off one of the corners of the leather on one of them so I will be able to tell they are mine. I can see me bitch slapping someone over any backtalk about giving them back... Well maybe just take them to the front and report them. LOL
I prefer the “scorched earth” methodology or even The Writ of Hammurabi, but to each there own…

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I prefer the “scorched earth” methodology or even The Writ of Hammurabi, but to each there own…
Haha, I am trying to teach myself to be a good boy and manage my aggression while on cycle. I promised my wife long ago I won't be a total ass on gear and that I would stop or back off if I couldn't control myself. I learned the first part to curbing it is to not allow myself to say the aggressive things when not angry so maybe I will cause myself to pause and think about it if I am angry about something.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Haha, I am trying to teach myself to be a good boy and manage my aggression while on cycle. I promised my wife long ago I won't be a total ass on gear and that I would stop or back off if I couldn't control myself. I learned the first part to curbing it is to not allow myself to say the aggressive things when not angry so maybe I will cause myself to pause and think about it if I am angry about something.
With age comes a certain level of maturity and ability to control those things. When I was younger I was just waiting to unleash on someone. As you get older you realize you have more to lose and your perspective on things changes.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I noticed a trend over the years, when I wasn’t lifting I had a shorter fuse. I need the weights as a release of aggression. Healthy body=healthy mind. But being only 5’6” people think I am just gonna roll over and throw up the white flag. At that point it comes down to the size of the fight in the dog. When Dwayne Johnson(or anyone that size) flips out, people get out of his way. When I do it, “oh look, the little guy is mad, isn’t that cute”. Lol
And to Stacks1 point, there is a lot more to lose now than there was 20 yrs ago. People shouldn’t treat you well out of fear, it should be out of respect.
Sucks that some buzzard picked up your gym bag. Karma

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
People often do lack basic respect or empathy for others.

I TRY to give that to others even when they don’t earn it. Given freely, not like they owe me something. The hard part is understanding you’ll rarely get that back, but that is part of being a better person. And when I treat others better, I feel better overall. So it’s for me, ultimately, selfishly, in a roundabout way.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
With age comes a certain level of maturity and ability to control those things. When I was younger I was just waiting to unleash on someone. As you get older you realize you have more to lose and your perspective on things changes.
Facts!
I noticed a trend over the years, when I wasn’t lifting I had a shorter fuse. I need the weights as a release of aggression. Healthy body=healthy mind. But being only 5’6” people think I am just gonna roll over and throw up the white flag. At that point it comes down to the size of the fight in the dog. When Dwayne Johnson(or anyone that size) flips out, people get out of his way. When I do it, “oh look, the little guy is mad, isn’t that cute”. Lol
And to Stacks1 point, there is a lot more to lose now than there was 20 yrs ago. People shouldn’t treat you well out of fear, it should be out of respect.
Sucks that some buzzard picked up your gym bag. Karma
Yeah, I am only 5'8 so I am imposing to some and others seem to want to test me or themselves automatically when they see me.
People often do lack basic respect or empathy for others.

I TRY to give that to others even when they don’t earn it. Given freely, not like they owe me something. The hard part is understanding you’ll rarely get that back, but that is part of being a better person. And when I treat others better, I feel better overall. So it’s for me, ultimately, selfishly, in a roundabout way.
Yeah, I am with you on this. I actually enjoy being nice to people, and often try to look for an amicable way out of most things. One of the main reasons I stay in my current position instead of working my way up is that I enjoy helping people face to face. Most other things in IT are not people facing.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/1/23 - Fasted Weight 200.1

Cable Lat Pull down 130*13, 11, 10, 8- These were really pumping up my lats.

HS supported row 115ps*11, 10, 8 - Great contraction and stretch here.

1 Arm Cable rear delt 20*15 x 3 sets - These bad boys really get the rear delts burning!

All I had time for - I will be doing Cardio, medial delts, and arms during my lunch hour break here shortly.

Struggling with a decision. We are hiring a new person to replace my friend who passed away up here. He had the early shift, and now I have the chance to take that shift. This would get me off of work between 3-3:30 every day. Which would be the ideal time to workout. It would also allow me to sleep an hour later which would be awesome for many reasons.

Now for the rub, it means the wife will have to drive into downtown by herself 4 days a week without getting in the HOV lane. So it adds about 30-45 minutes to her day. While i realize that is inconvenient to her I have been dropping her off at work at 7:45 daily for 6 years and then drive 4 blocks to my job and wait until 8:30 to start my day. So I have been doing the same thing for her regarding working longer hours just to make her life easier.

She agreed for me to do it, but did voice her feelings that the situation sucks. So, right now I feel bad about making things less convenient for her and better for me. I am just so accustomed to taking care of her first. So the thing is, should I be over here feeling bad about wanting to do this for myself considering what I have been doing without complaint since I gave up the early shift 15 years ago to make life easier on her. Like I said 99.9% of the time I don't really care too much and a happy wife is more important to me than most things so I just typically do for her. However, especially with me preparing to compete next year I feel working out early afternoon is going to be more fruitful for my sessions and everything. Plus the extra hour of sleep is huge.

Thoughts and opinions guys and gals? @love2liftkat asking you personally to weigh in on this one as well.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Cable Lat Pull down 130*13, 11, 10, 8-
These were really pumping up my lats.

1 Arm Cable rear delt 20*15 x 3 sets - These bad boys really get the rear delts burning!

All I had time for - I will be doing Cardio, medial delts, and arms during my lunch hour break here shortly.

Struggling with a decision. We are hiring a new person to replace my friend who passed away up here. He had the early shift, and now I have the chance to take that shift. This would get me off of work between 3-3:30 every day. Which would be the ideal time to workout. It would also allow me to sleep an hour later which would be awesome for many reasons.

Now for the rub, it means the wife will have to drive into downtown by herself 4 days a week without getting in the HOV lane. So it adds about 30-45 minutes to her day. While i realize that is inconvenient to her I have been dropping her off at work at 7:45 daily for 6 years and then drive 4 blocks to my job and wait until 8:30 to start my day. So I have been doing the same thing for her regarding working longer hours just to make her life easier.

She agreed for me to do it, but did voice her feelings that the situation sucks. So, right now I feel bad about making things less convenient for her and better for me. I am just so accustomed to taking care of her first. So the thing is, should I be over here feeling bad about wanting to do this for myself considering what I have been doing without complaint since I gave up the early shift 15 years ago to make life easier on her. Like I said 99.9% of the time I don't really care too much and a happy wife is more important to me than most things so I just typically do for her. However, especially with me preparing to compete next year I feel working out early afternoon is going to be more fruitful for my sessions and everything. Plus the extra hour of sleep is huge.

Thoughts and opinions guys and gals? @love2liftkat asking you personally to weigh in on this one as well.
that's a tough one personally I would still drive my wife but thats just me on the other hand does she know how important this show is to you I was gonna say tell her after the show you can go back to driving her but if you're changing shifts permanently i don't know if you can do that. Om off work at 245 eveymru day (4:15 -2:45 ) and I'm here to tell you it's the best shift ever ( on top of it ring Monday through Friday)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
that's a tough one personally I would still drive my wife but thats just me on the other hand does she know how important this show is to you I was gonna say tell her after the show you can go back to driving her but if you're changing shifts permanently i don't know if you can do that. Om off work at 245 eveymru day (4:15 -2:45 ) and I'm here to tell you it's the best shift ever ( on top of it ring Monday through Friday)
Yeah, it would be a permanent change, or presented as one if I want to have the shift. I might be able to swap back after, but honestly once she has adjusted, I don't know that there would be a need.

The early shift is absolutely the best shift, I used to work it and gave it up for her when she started working downtown. However, now it just makes sense to me that with our current situation and with this probably being my only chance to get back on this shift I feel like I should do it now. Waking up at 3:45AM to go to the gym when I don't often get to sleep before 10:30 is wearing me down. Going to bed hasn't been any easier, except for at least once a week I am dying and wanting to pass out before 8:00 PM . The there is the fact that our rides in and out, are also part of our quality time together even if we aren't talking.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Cable Lat Pull down 130*13, 11, 10, 8-
These were really pumping up my lats.

Maybe you could word it like this……
I really appreciate you being understanding and agreeing for me to take the earlier shift. With the training I have to do for the competition and our already busy schedule this allows me to sleep an extra hour and train at a more ideal time. This competition was probably my last hurrah and as you know important for me, but if you think it’s too much on you, you know I’ve always tried to put you first and would never want to upset you.
…….you know something along those lines, with a big old I love you and kiss with a steak dinner (of course you have to eat chicken and rice).

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Maybe you could word it like this……
I really appreciate you being understanding and agreeing for me to take the earlier shift. With the training I have to do for the competition and our already busy schedule this allows me to sleep an extra hour and train at a more ideal time. This competition was probably my last hurrah and as you know important for me, but if you think it’s too much on you, you know I’ve always tried to put you first and would never want to upset you.
…….you know something along those lines, with a big old I love you and kiss with a steak dinner (of course you have to eat chicken and rice).
Great Minds! I was planning to leave her a nice card saying something like this, thanking her with some flowers for when she wakes up the first day she has to drive in alone. I think things will be fine as long as I don't take it personally when she complains about the new situation. I mean it is totally understandable that she would think it sucks. I would think it sucks if I were her being used to being chauffeured, and also having to get up 30 minutes earlier to go to work and possibly get home 15-30 minutes later. So, I can't allow myself to take it personally and get upset when she complains about it while getting used to driving in again.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great Minds! I was planning to leave her a nice card saying something like this, thanking her with some flowers for when she wakes up the first day she has to drive in alone. I think things will be fine as long as I don't take it personally when she complains about the new situation. I mean it is totally understandable that she would think it sucks. I would think it sucks if I were her being used to being chauffeured, and also having to get up 30 minutes earlier to go to work and possibly get home 15-30 minutes later. So, I can't allow myself to take it personally and get upset when she complains about it while getting used to driving in again.
Oh yeah flowers and a card always makes my wife feel good, and then if I take her somewhere like Red Lobster then that’s bonus points right there.😎

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah flowers and a card always makes my wife feel good, and then if I take her somewhere like Red Lobster then that’s bonus points right there.😎
Yeah, will have to figure out somewhere to take her for dinner too.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That is a tricky one, I would say if it’s your chance to get the early shift back then it’s probably worth it. If that’s something you both can be on the same page about and support.

the early morning getting up for the gym does take it’s toll after a while.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Good stuff here.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah, it would be a permanent change, or presented as one if I want to have the shift. I might be able to swap back after, but honestly once she has adjusted, I don't know that there would be a need.

The early shift is absolutely the best shift, I used to work it and gave it up for her when she started working downtown. However, now it just makes sense to me that with our current situation and with this probably being my only chance to get back on this shift I feel like I should do it now. Waking up at 3:45AM to go to the gym when I don't often get to sleep before 10:30 is wearing me down. Going to bed hasn't been any easier, except for at least once a week I am dying and wanting to pass out before 8:00 PM . The there is the fact that our rides in and out, are also part of our quality time together even if we aren't talking.
Tough decision! You're getting 5 hours sleep per night? If this were me, that would be the deciding factor, but my wife and I both have an understanding and agree sleep is the best for life extension, youthfulness, health, etc and why she is 2 years older then me but looks 10 years younger lol.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That is a tricky one, I would say if it’s your chance to get the early shift back then it’s probably worth it. If that’s something you both can be on the same page about and support.

the early morning getting up for the gym does take it’s toll after a while.
Yeah, for sure, especially when you can't really get yourself to sleep until 10:00 or later most nights.
Good stuff here.
Thanks, I have always made sure she knows she is the priority over that stuff. I chose her for life and adore her so she should not suffer me being an ass when it is avoidable. Now during prep... She already knows things can get dicey in the push, but that I will do my best and of course accept her feedback on my behavior.
Tough decision! You're getting 5 hours sleep per night? If this were me, that would be the deciding factor, but my wife and I both have an understanding and agree sleep is the best for life extension, youthfulness, health, etc and why she is 2 years older then me but looks 10 years younger lol.
Yeah, but I typically run really well on 6, it is when it is less than 5 that the fatigue starts adding up quickly.
Those cheesy biscuits!
Oh Damn! I am not a big Red Lobster person, as a matter of fact it isn't all that often we go out for seafood since the wife isn't a diehard lover of it and I just typically don't spend my money on lobster when I am getting seafood. I like it but not as much as the price likes itself. However, those biscuits have a fond spot in my heart!

Speaking of, apparently the "it just sucks" wasn't as hard as it read in text, and it wasn't bothering her when we went home. She was in a good mood and didn't even bring it up. She will still get the flowers and a card just to make sure she knows I appreciate her supporting the change even though it doesn't benefit her.

===============================================================================

11/1/23 - Arms / Shoulder Evening session

Curls 30x3 sets rpe1

Skullcrusher 60x 3 sets rpe1

DB Hammer Curls 20x20, 15, 12

Rope triceps extensions 100x12, 10, 6

Arsenal Lateral raises 60x12, 10, 9

BB Upright Row 45x18, 14

I had one helluva a pump by the end of this bad boy.

Macros for the day - I was very annoyed with myself this morning when my wife went to microwave something and then pulls out a plate of sweet potato slices with cinnamon and splenda on them from my post workout meal last night. UGH!!! So annoyed being that far off my macros after taking the time to weigh everything out all day. Oh well, it is gone and done now. LOL

==============================================================================

11/2/23 - Fasted Weight 200.9 - Weight seems to be stabilizing being just under 2700 calories a day except for yesterday. We shall see how it goes moving forward. I definitely do not look any less lean.

Push / Shoulders - 4-2-1-1 Tempo, 1-2RIR on everything but the DB Swings which were to form failure

Arsenal Incline Press 45x12, 10, 8, 7

Arsenal Pec Fly 100*14, 12, 9

Body Masters shoulder presses - 120*12, 11, 10

Dips - 12, 10, 5

DB OH Triceps Extensions 45*11, 8, 7

DB Lateral Swings 20*17, 14, 13

DB Rear Delt Swing - 20*20, 18, 17

Great session, I had a helluva pump this morning, was looking good in the mirror.

I will be doing my 25 minutes of cardio, and then a couple biceps exercises during my lunch break.

I am not sure if I mentioned but I found a way to make the Cream Of Rice and Blueberry off the chain. I just add 2 packets of lemons juice crystals to the bowl and it makes it nice and tart. Like you are eating some kind of dessert cereal. I am sure a couple squirts of lemon juice would do the trick too but we have those at work for when people make tea.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sorry I just saw this…I think you’re thinking all of the right things-Acknowledging her feelings and showing her love while still not denying yourself this opportunity. She will get used to the changes and who knows, it might even be better for you both in the long run. Marriage is give and take and you’ve been giving and taking care of her. It’s okay for you to take care of yourself too! Being able to get off and train early as well as being rested will only make the rest of the time y’all get together better!

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sorry I just saw this…I think you’re thinking all of the right things-Acknowledging her feelings and showing her love while still not denying yourself this opportunity. She will get used to the changes and who knows, it might even be better for you both in the long run. Marriage is give and take and you’ve been giving and taking care of her. It’s okay for you to take care of yourself too! Being able to get off and train early as well as being rested will only make the rest of the time y’all get together better!
Kat if you could convince my wife to not buy junk food that only I eat while I’m on a cut that would be great!!!…lol🤪

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Kat, it's always good to get a woman's perspective.
Kat if you could convince my wife to not buy junk food that only I eat while I’m on a cut that would be great!!!…lol🤪
LMAO! The Ol' Sabotage! We have been discussing that on the board lately.

I am very lucky my wife is completely supportive in this for me. She learned how valuable a form of therapy this is for me when I was not training or anything for a while. So she thinks it is as important as me taking medicine, and is my biggest supporter for any of my goals, and reminds me when I go to stray of the path that I have a goal.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I am very lucky my wife is completely supportive in this for me. She learned how valuable a form of therapy this is for me when I was not training or anything for a while. So she thinks it is as important as me taking medicine, and is my biggest supporter for any of my goals, and reminds me when I go to stray of the path that I have a goal.
It makes you feel good when you have a friend, that’s a woman, that gives you a woman’s perspective and confirmation that you’re taking the appropriate action, and making the right decision in how you want to accomplish something for yourself, but still make your wife feel loved, and you absolutely don’t want to upset or hurt her in the process in any way. After all as men, for the most part, we try to give good relationship advice to our brothers, but in the end we still wonder will this help. It’s like my wife and I have discussed, many times, after almost 30 years of marriage, it takes effort and understanding to learn and speak each other’s love language. It’s like the title of that book…..
Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.

Too funny…I just pictured opening the cabinet and it being filled with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, M&Ms, Paydays, Cookies, Jolly Ranchers (But Jolly Ranchers are ok, right)😜

Last edited:
PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So, we had touched upon this topic in another thread. I had a great chat w my better half a couple months ago and the junk that only I binge eat stopped coming into the house. We had also been going shopping together and I was keeping it clean as to what went into cart.
Last Saturday while I was at work groceries were bought w out me being there. DISCLAIMER: My wife doesn’t like peanut butter cookies.
There are 2 tubs of Ben and Jerry’s strawberry cheesecake, 2 bags of Shaw’s PB cookies, and she made PB Cookies but in an 8x8 pan so they were squares. I ate all of that in the last 5 days. Yes, there was no gun held to my head to eat. It was my choice. But I binge eat. I sleep eat. I see it like this, she is a non drinker, I’m in recovery and she brings home a bottle of Tito’s. I don’t get why she wants me to be sucking my gut in to fit in a 36” waist pant? 2 weeks ago I could pull same size off w out unbuttoning. One of her friends made a comment to her about my weight loss and working out etc. I was not there when this was said. But I was informed of this last Friday, the day b4 Peanut Butter Escobar dropped off 3 kilos of Pb crack. There is clearly a fly in the ointment here…
Any suggestions?
Sorry, rant over

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
In way late, but caught up and following.

Good luck brother

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It makes you feel good when you have a friend, that’s a woman, that gives you a woman’s perspective and confirmation that you’re taking the appropriate action, and making the right decision in how you want to accomplish something for yourself, but still make your wife feel loved, and you absolutely don’t want to upset or hurt her in the process in any way. After all as men, for the most part, we try to give good relationship advice to our brothers, but in the end we still wonder will this help. It’s like my wife and I have discussed, many times, after almost 30 years of marriage, it takes effort and understanding to learn and speak each other’s love language. It’s like the title of that book…..

Too funny…I just pictured opening the cabinet and it being filled with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, M&Ms, Paydays, Cookies, Jolly Ranchers (But Jolly Ranchers are ok, right)😜
Agreed, finding and speaking the love language together is the key to how it all works.
So, we had touched upon this topic in another thread. I had a great chat w my better half a couple months ago and the junk that only I binge eat stopped coming into the house. We had also been going shopping together and I was keeping it clean as to what went into cart.
Last Saturday while I was at work groceries were bought w out me being there. DISCLAIMER: My wife doesn’t like peanut butter cookies.
There are 2 tubs of Ben and Jerry’s strawberry cheesecake, 2 bags of Shaw’s PB cookies, and she made PB Cookies but in an 8x8 pan so they were squares. I ate all of that in the last 5 days. Yes, there was no gun held to my head to eat. It was my choice. But I binge eat. I sleep eat. I see it like this, she is a non drinker, I’m in recovery and she brings home a bottle of Tito’s. I don’t get why she wants me to be sucking my gut in to fit in a 36” waist pant? 2 weeks ago I could pull same size off w out unbuttoning. One of her friends made a comment to her about my weight loss and working out etc. I was not there when this was said. But I was informed of this last Friday, the day b4 Peanut Butter Escobar dropped off 3 kilos of Pb crack. There is clearly a fly in the ointment here…
Any suggestions?
Sorry, rant over
Yes absolutely I have a suggestion, and I have done this back before my wife became so supportive of my efforts. It has been a journey to learn and navigate through these things. However, my wife used to buy things for me when I was on a diet to sabotage it and a lot of the time it was subconscious. The better I got in shape the more insecure she got, the more insecure she got the more she would bring things in to tempt me or try to talk me into a cheat meal. It finally came to a point after several discussions that I just told her. Well I have asked you not to buy these things for me several times. So, from now on, when you do, don't be upset when I throw them directly in the trash. Then I stuck to my word. After a couple times of me tossing things and just responding to her anger about it with I told you I was dieting and I would throw this stuff away if you bought it for me. I never escalated or argued about it just matter of factly responded. I just weathered the storm and she stopped. However you have to want it enough to be that assertive and willing to weather the storm because there will be a storm.

In way late, but caught up and following.

Good luck brother
Welcome Sir!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any suggestions?
Sorry, rant over
I mean I didn’t want to say it, but I think Kleen hit it on the head, she may not want you in shape, because she doesn’t want any hot babes checking out her man.
By the way the “Peanut Butter Escobar dropped off 3 kilos of Pb crack” is hilarious.😂

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I guess it shows she still cares enough to want me and to want me to be fat so no one can snatch me up. Lol
I saw this on a Tosh.0 skit a while back so I’m paraphrasing…

My wife views me as the last of Leonidas’ Mighty 300 and I am surrounded by Persian Whores. Lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I guess it shows she still cares enough to want me and to want me to be fat so no one can snatch me up. Lol
I saw this on a Tosh.0 skit a while back so I’m paraphrasing…

My wife views me as the last of Leonidas’ Mighty 300 and I am surrounded by Persian Whores. Lol
LOL

11/3/23 - Fasting Weight - 201.1 - Seems like we have started going in the other direction here. I don't look any less lean in the mirror so who knows. The 197.4 was definitely a low swing had been averaging 200 but now it is climbing so we might be right around maintenance now.

Legs - Tempo 4-2-1-1 - Perceived Effort 2-0RIR

Bike - 5 minutes

Pendulum Squats - 90*10, 9, 8, 9 -
Whew these were serious work!!!

Vertical Leg Press - 90*17, 16, 15 - These lit up my glute-ham tie ins as well as adductors.

GHR - 13, 8, 6 - These are just brutal and effective.

Leg Press Calf Raises - 190*15, 10, 10 - Nice burn and pump on these.

Legs were full and swole at the end of this one. Workout felt good!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
All caught up!
I agree, sometimes it makes sense to put yourself “first”, she may have added extra time to her day, but you also did something similar and more inconvenient for a very long time.

try to make up for it in other ways? My wife and I are in couples therapy, I really struggle with showing intimacy and my recent anxiety has made it way worse. We (I) decided I will allow a second “cheat” meal a week, so we can have a standing date night. I can get steak and potatoes almost anywhere, and small dinner dates are important to her. It’s just a small step to get me into the habit of being more affectionate.

She also prefers me a little fluffier, so this recent diet was hard on her because she does not lose weight easily at all. I’m trying to get her into a good endocrinologist because she really has tried and tracked calories for months and it’s so slow and she stalls so quickly. So her seeing me get “lean” was not her favorite thing ever lol

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
LOL

11/3/23 - Fasting Weight - 201.1 - Seems like we have started going in the other direction here. I don't look any less lean in the mirror so who knows. The 197.4 was definitely a low swing had been averaging 200 but now it is climbing so we might be right around maintenance now.

Legs - Tempo 4-2-1-1 - Perceived Effort 2-0RIR

Bike - 5 minutes

Pendulum Squats - 90*10, 9, 8, 9 -
Whew these were serious work!!!

Vertical Leg Press - 90*17, 16, 15 - These lit up my glute-ham tie ins as well as adductors.

GHR - 13, 8, 6 - These are just brutal and effective.

Leg Press Calf Raises - 190*15, 10, 10 - Nice burn and pump on these.

Legs were full and swole at the end of this one. Workout felt good!
I am a little behind, did you get your plan from your coach?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
🤣

You guys really do have an amazing relationship! I think the way you communicate is a huge part of that!

Too funny…I just pictured opening the cabinet and it being filled with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, M&Ms, Paydays, Cookies, Jolly Ranchers (But Jolly Ranchers are ok, right)
So true! I think not acknowledging the differences and trying to approach it best for the other person is big reason for many of the biggest struggles of relationships. Coming from a woman- having your feelings simply validated is HUGE! That’s often why women have “bitch fest” lol

Any suggestions?
Sorry, rant over
Like Chris said, a lot of time is unconscious. Depending on her love language, it very well could be just a way of thinking about you buying things she knows you love and not really thinking about it making things harder on you. Best thing to do is kindly remind her how hard it is for you and that you need her to hold you accountable- enforcing the restrictions you’ve set out for yourself.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Research suggests that the mechanism that leads to hypertrophy is something called mechanical tension and that muscles experience the most mechanical tension in the 4-5 reps closest to failure (when muscular contraction involuntarily slows).

And because the effective reps research strongly suggests in any given set there can only be 4-5 effective reps for hypertrophy, then there’s no reason to push much higher than, say, 8 reps in a set because doing more than that leads to calcium ion buildup which interferes with muscular contractions.

The total volume is because once you start to experience fatigue (both global and local), you have a harder time achieving effective reps because you can’t actually recruit the fibers maximally. That and you start to butt up against maximal recoverable volume thresholds.
Chris Beardsley and Paul Carter?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes absolutely I have a suggestion, and I have done this back before my wife became so supportive of my efforts. It has been a journey to learn and navigate through these things. However, my wife used to buy things for me when I was on a diet to sabotage it and a lot of the time it was subconscious. The better I got in shape the more insecure she got, the more insecure she got the more she would bring things in to tempt me or try to talk me into a cheat meal. It finally came to a point after several discussions that I just told her. Well I have asked you not to buy these things for me several times. So, from now on, when you do, don't be upset when I throw them directly in the trash. Then I stuck to my word. After a couple times of me tossing things and just responding to her anger about it with I told you I was dieting and I would throw this stuff away if you bought it for me. I never escalated or argued about it just matter of factly responded. I just weathered the storm and she stopped. However you have to want it enough to be that assertive and willing to weather the storm because there will be a storm.
We're almost to this point, but the purchases in our house are under the guise of "its for the kids", who are also getting a little fluffy.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
All caught up!
I agree, sometimes it makes sense to put yourself “first”, she may have added extra time to her day, but you also did something similar and more inconvenient for a very long time.

try to make up for it in other ways? My wife and I are in couples therapy, I really struggle with showing intimacy and my recent anxiety has made it way worse. We (I) decided I will allow a second “cheat” meal a week, so we can have a standing date night. I can get steak and potatoes almost anywhere, and small dinner dates are important to her. It’s just a small step to get me into the habit of being more affectionate.

She also prefers me a little fluffier, so this recent diet was hard on her because she does not lose weight easily at all. I’m trying to get her into a good endocrinologist because she really has tried and tracked calories for months and it’s so slow and she stalls so quickly. So her seeing me get “lean” was not her favorite thing ever lol
We are also both “dieting” and it is harder for her to drop and she stalls way quicker than I do. Good to know I’m not alone

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
🤣

You guys really do have an amazing relationship! I think the way you communicate is a huge part of that!

So true! I think not acknowledging the differences and trying to approach it best for the other person is big reason for many of the biggest struggles of relationships. Coming from a woman- having your feelings simply validated is HUGE! That’s often why women have “bitch fest” lol

Like Chris said, a lot of time is unconscious. Depending on her love language, it very well could be just a way of thinking about you buying things she knows you love and not really thinking about it making things harder on you. Best thing to do is kindly remind her how hard it is for you and that you need her to hold you accountable- enforcing the restrictions you’ve set out for yourself.
I often shoot from the hip and speak a bit forward. Sometimes my “suggestions” come across as demands. I def need to work on the manner in which I convey things to her. She has also told me she doesn’t like me skinny. I use to play hockey and she misses my “hockey butt”. All I heard was do more squats and RDL’s. Lol
Having the pov and opinion of the opposite sex is paramount. Thanks for getting back to me. You were one of the first threads I followed on here. “Watch Kat get lean on Ostarine” if I recall. Glad to see you are still here and active.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am a little behind, did you get your plan from your coach?
No, I am getting it this weekend.
All caught up!

Yeah, I extremely affectionate and dote over her. I make sure she knows she is truly adored by me. However I am sure coming home and seeing things already starting to be taken care of will be a plus for her too
🤣

Thanks on the bolded and I agree. We communicate very well. I think it is the most important thing in any relationships. Communication and showing genuine appreciation for the little things often taken for granted.
We're almost to this point, but the purchases in our house are under the guise of "its for the kids", who are also getting a little fluffy.
Oh don't get me on that one. LOL
We are also both “dieting” and it is harder for her to drop and she stalls way quicker than I do. Good to know I’m not alone
No, it is typical that women lose fat less quickly than men. They have much less muscle mass to burn energy with for one part. Also you have to factor in percentages lost not pounds to compare. Here is some easy math to illustrate, a 100lb woman losing 3lb is 3% of her body fat, and a 200lb male losing 3lbs has only 1.5% So when they see the scale moving faster for us it isn't exactly that they are not burning fat at a similar rate, but you have to consider the total mass and muscle mass for that matter for how fast someone is can burn fat. Plus we have androgens helping, and lower estrogen which also helps.
I often shoot from the hip and speak a bit forward. Sometimes my “suggestions” come across as demands. I def need to work on the manner in which I convey things to her. She has also told me she doesn’t like me skinny. I use to play hockey and she misses my “hockey butt”. All I heard was do more squats and RDL’s. Lol
Having the pov and opinion of the opposite sex is paramount. Thanks for getting back to me. You were one of the first threads I followed on here. “Watch Kat get lean on Ostarine” if I recall. Glad to see you are still here and active.
I remember that log!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, I am getting it this weekend.
Yeah, I extremely affectionate and dote over her. I make sure she knows she is truly adored by me. However I am sure coming home and seeing things already starting to be taken care of will be a plus for her too

Thanks on the bolded and I agree. We communicate very well. I think it is the most important thing in any relationships. Communication and showing genuine appreciation for the little things often taken for granted.
Oh don't get me on that one. LOL
No, it is typical that women lose fat less quickly than men. They have much less muscle mass to burn energy with for one part. Also you have to factor in percentages lost not pounds to compare. Here is some easy math to illustrate, a 100lb woman losing 3lb is 3% of her body fat, and a 200lb male losing 3lbs has only 1.5% So when they see the scale moving faster for us it isn't exactly that they are not burning fat at a similar rate, but you have to consider the total mass and muscle mass for that matter for how fast someone is can burn fat. Plus we have androgens helping, and lower estrogen which also helps.

I remember that log!
I saw Pat say something about a medical issue, but I’ve been too slammed with work to follow up on it. Has he been communicating with you well at least? And do you know how he’s doing?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I saw Pat say something about a medical issue, but I’ve been too slammed with work to follow up on it. Has he been communicating with you well at least? And do you know how he’s doing?
No, I didn't know he was having a medical issue. I don't really get on social media much. I just actually hit him back up with my sets for the week and mentioned getting my program this weekend.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You probably said somewhere, I’m not familiar with the community.. who’s your coach? I found a few “Pats” lol
Understand if you want it kept secret!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You probably said somewhere, I’m not familiar with the community.. who’s your coach? I found a few “Pats” lol
Understand if you want it kept secret!
A guy I recommended in Texas. Name is Patrick Davis and his IG handle is @theillestpd. I know a few of his athletes and they all have nothing but great things to say about him.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
A guy I recommended in Texas. Name is Patrick Davis and his IG handle is @theillestpd. I know a few of his athletes and they all have nothing but great things to say about him.
Just checked him out, definitely has some killer looking athletes! Will certainly have Kleen looking insane (as if he doesn't already)

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just checked him out, definitely has some killer looking athletes! Will certainly have Kleen looking insane (as if he doesn't already)
I’m not even considering competing (ever), and I may hire him after a month or two here in this new job. Just need to see if my work schedule will actually let me commit to the level he expects of his athletes.