Classic Kleen - The Road To Competition Fall 2024

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Those ab cramps you can get during a set or shortly after, is one of the most debilitating symptoms I have ever experienced.
Yea those are brutal I always get them from the hammer strength ab machine that's a chair that yiu can squeeze down and also bring your legs up

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Man there was one time i got full body cramp all at once, literally had my girlfriend go wake up my parents. I couldn’t move, abs, thighs, calves, all cramped and got worse if I tried to sit up or lay down.

literally thought I was dying, my mom shoved a muscle relaxer, Xanax, and banana down my throat then I slept like a baby an hour later lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ahhh, not sure I can relate. usually everything hurts but I'm like... I can rally. no pain for the next 45 seconds.
then it hurts again.

sometimes 1 minute 20 seconds even.
LMAO!!!
Those ab cramps you can get during a set or shortly after, is one of the most debilitating symptoms I have ever experienced.
Oh yeah, those are brutal but pretty cool to look at when lean. Looks like the scene from Alien where it is popping out of the guys stomach.
Yea those are brutal I always get them from the hammer strength ab machine that's a chair that yiu can squeeze down and also bring your legs up
Yeah those will do it for sure.
Here's a pic of my "bloodsport" belt
That's pretty badass.
Man there was one time i got full body cramp all at once, literally had my girlfriend go wake up my parents. I couldn’t move, abs, thighs, calves, all cramped and got worse if I tried to sit up or lay down.

literally thought I was dying, my mom shoved a muscle relaxer, Xanax, and banana down my throat then I slept like a baby an hour later lol
DAMN!!!! That sounds horrible man.

=================================================================================

11/9/23 - Fasted Weight 200.8

Shoulders & Triceps (Thurs)

Thursday, Nov 09, 2023 at 4:39am

Shoulder Press (Machine Plates) - Arsenal Converging Shoulder Press

Notes
Set 1 2 partials, set 2 4 partials total failure. Goal was 15 need to drop weight.

Set 1: 55 lbs x 10

Set 2: 45 lbs x 9

Standing Lateral Raise
Notes
"10 = 1 partial 20 = 4 partials."

Set 1: 30 lbs x 20

Set 2: 40 lbs x 15

Set 3: 50 lbs x 10

Set 4: 30 lbs x 20

Incline DB Rear Delt Flyes
Notes
"Set 2 1 partial, set 3 4 partials"

Set 1: 15 lbs x 20

Set 2: 15 lbs x 20

Set 3: 15 lbs x 20

Upright Row
Notes
"Set 2 too heavy 4 partials, set 3 3 partials, set 4 5 partials start with 55 on last 3 next time."

Set 1: 95 lbs x 15

Set 2: 75 lbs x 15

Set 3: 55 lbs x 15

Set 4: 55 lbs x 15

Cross Cable Tricep Extension

Notes
"Set 2 3 partials, set 3=5 partials"

Set 1: 40 lbs x 15

Set 3: 40 lbs x 15 - These not only lit up my triceps but my upper back / rear delt area was really activated from the isometric contraction required to keep my arms out at a 45 degree angle. .

PowerTec Dip Attachment - I had to drive home real quick to do these in my garage. No dip machine at current gym and this one kicks ass!
Notes "Set 1 0rir, set 2 needed rp and still couldn't get reps with reasonable partials."

Set 1: 180 lbs x 20

Set 2: 180 lbs x 18

If you want to see what the Hevy app looks like and some of what it captures per workout check out the link below.

https://hevy.com/workout/VfxhauW7ahZ

Summary - Great session, still learning the workout. I think I might change the recording around a bit to show actual reps hit before losing much ROM, then only make a note if I can't meet prescribed reps on the partials. I think it will give me a little more accurate tracking through the app capturing full ROM reps or very close to full ROM reps in the app.

Having the set time really helped out with this one. It kept my pace up, and allowed for me to finish in time to drive home and do the last triceps movement. So that is good. I am not sure if volume will go up from here set and rep wise or if we will just progress via weights and getting less and less partials needed to hit the reps assigned. I do know we will be staying at the weights until I can pretty much hit the rep targets with good form on all sets before going up, or that is my impression from they way the program is written.

Also, I will be accepting the PR's the program tracks as PR's because most of this is new style of execution, and secondly I am simply not as strong as I used to be and the only thing that really matters is progress from where I am now. :)

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Damn that's gnarly bro

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LMAO!!!
Oh yeah, those are brutal but pretty cool to look at when lean. Looks like the scene from Alien where it is popping out of the guys stomach.
Yeah those will do it for sure.
That's pretty badass.
DAMN!!!! That sounds horrible man.

=================================================================================

11/9/23 - Fasted Weight 200.8

Shoulders & Triceps (Thurs)

Thursday, Nov 09, 2023 at 4:39am

Shoulder Press (Machine Plates) - Arsenal Converging Shoulder Press

Notes
Set 1 2 partials, set 2 4 partials total failure. Goal was 15 need to drop weight.

Set 1: 55 lbs x 10

Set 2: 45 lbs x 9

Standing Lateral Raise
Notes
"10 = 1 partial 20 = 4 partials."

Set 1: 30 lbs x 20

Set 3: 50 lbs x 10

Set 4: 30 lbs x 20

Incline DB Rear Delt Flyes
Notes
"Set 2 1 partial, set 3 4 partials"

Set 1: 15 lbs x 20

Set 2: 15 lbs x 20

Set 3: 15 lbs x 20

Upright Row
Notes
"Set 2 too heavy 4 partials, set 3 3 partials, set 4 5 partials start with 55 on last 3 next time."

Set 1: 95 lbs x 15

Set 3: 55 lbs x 15

Set 4: 55 lbs x 15

Cross Cable Tricep Extension

Notes
"Set 2 3 partials, set 3=5 partials"

Set 1: 40 lbs x 15

Set 3: 40 lbs x 15 - These not only lit up my triceps but my upper back / rear delt area was really activated from the isometric contraction required to keep my arms out at a 45 degree angle. .

PowerTec Dip Attachment - I had to drive home real quick to do these in my garage. No dip machine at current gym and this one kicks ass!
Notes "Set 1 0rir, set 2 needed rp and still couldn't get reps with reasonable partials."

Set 1: 180 lbs x 20

Set 2: 180 lbs x 18

If you want to see what the Hevy app looks like and some of what it captures per workout check out the link below.

https://hevy.com/workout/VfxhauW7ahZ

Summary - Great session, still learning the workout. I think I might change the recording around a bit to show actual reps hit before losing much ROM, then only make a note if I can't meet prescribed reps on the partials. I think it will give me a little more accurate tracking through the app capturing full ROM reps or very close to full ROM reps in the app.

Having the set time really helped out with this one. It kept my pace up, and allowed for me to finish in time to drive home and do the last triceps movement. So that is good. I am not sure if volume will go up from here set and rep wise or if we will just progress via weights and getting less and less partials needed to hit the reps assigned. I do know we will be staying at the weights until I can pretty much hit the rep targets with good form on all sets before going up, or that is my impression from they way the program is written.

Also, I will be accepting the PR's the program tracks as PR's because most of this is new style of execution, and secondly I am simply not as strong as I used to be and the only thing that really matters is progress from where I am now. :)
That’s a good session…..looks like a good hypertrophy bodybuilding style workout. And I wouldn’t expect with that new style of execution, like you said, for your strength to be where it used to be, but I bet as you progress your body is going to respond to it really well. Touching on the Ab cramps, yeah those probably are the most brutal, and when your ab muscles cramp up and start moving it always reminded me of the movie Alien too, like you said.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s a good session…..looks like a good hypertrophy bodybuilding style workout. And I wouldn’t expect with that new style of execution, like you said, for your strength to be where it used to be, but I bet as you progress your body is going to respond to it really well. Touching on the Ab cramps, yeah those probably are the most brutal, and when your ab muscles cramp up and start moving it always reminded me of the movie Alien too, like you said.
Yeah ab cramps are brutal but I have actually had a calf cramp so bad once the muscles split apart in them and made a deep divot that almost went to the bone. I couldn't get my ankle to bend even trying to put all of my weight on it. Just basically fell when I tried to get off the spin bike. The instructor stopped the class to try and help me it was so bad. had two people help me out of the spin room and sit me on a bench so I could try to get it relax which took like 15 minutes before i could stand back up without it cramping again. I have never seen a calf do anything like that before. It was so intense I thought the muscle was going to rip itself.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also, yes I agree, this will definitely bring on some growth. I overshot on some of the movements but will get the hang of it all pretty quickly. This one was probably a little higher on the intensity scale than intended but it sure was fun. I was grunting, growling and giving it my all during the sets and grinning like a fool in between because I love pushing this hard. However now I know when to go to partials with the effort so I don't ever lose form and risk injury.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yea that'll do it for sure.
Yeah, it for sure had something to do with it. I wouldn't be surprised if I had knocked back a 25mg old school mini thin or two before that spinning class too. It was around the time that you could get it at any convenience store for $4.95 a bottle. It was the true unabashed version. I remember abusing that stuff. One time me and 4 of my buddies decided we were going to see someone 20 miles away the next day. Our car broke down that night so we decided to walk there because we are all going somewhere together in the morning. We thought it would be a good idea to take 4 of them each to have energy for the walk. Somewhere along the way my balls started aching so bad it felt like someone had just kicked me in the nuts. That ache lasted almost the rest of the night. I was tugging on them and squeezing them, anything to get it to let up just a little.
UGH.... I abused ephedrine, and then ephedrine abused me!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ve heard of some masters lifters resetting their PRs every 5 years…40, 45, 50. It gets a little silly trying to compare yourself to numbers done 10+ years ago when all of your recoverability was easier. Especially if you were heavier then and won’t ever be now again.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ve heard of some masters lifters resetting their PRs every 5 years…40, 45, 50. It gets a little silly trying to compare yourself to numbers done 10+ years ago when all of your recoverability was easier. Especially if you were heavier then and won’t ever be now again.
Yeah, since I stopped pushing the strength training all of my previous PR's are useless to me now. Honestly even now i don't care too much about the weight I am using. It's more about the feel and the effort.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The PR you’re after is going to be a physique development achievement.
Precisely, The PR is hopefully a contest winning physique, if not them at least my best physique ever. After having looked at a lot of the winners over the last 2 years in these shows I feel I have a pretty good chance in both the 35 and over and the over 50. Of course as always, it just depends on who shows up that day. I have a relatively classic frame, the classic leg sweep and v-taper, long lats, and even with no waist, I have a pretty good X frame because I have narrow hips.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/9/23 Macros - I missed some fats here. I am going to go buy a bottle to take some olive oil to work with me since he wants it peppered in throughout the day.

11/10/23 - Fasted Weight 198.8 - I have hit this a couple times recently. I am thinking we are right around maintenance.

Back & Hamstrings (Friday)

Friday, Nov 10, 2023

Seated Leg Curl (Machine)

"3 partials to 20 on set 4"

Set 1: 70 lbs x 20
Set 3: 85 lbs x 10
Set 4: 55 lbs x 17

Rack Pull

"Erectors kind of cramped, strained at 3rir directions said neutral spine mine didn't agree and needed more of an arch.

Set 1: 365 lbs x 7 - This set bit me, both sides of my erectors in the same spot just tweaked almost like a cramp and both sides are still tight right now. I will be doing some stretching of the area today to keep blood flow up. Will probably also opt for the recumbent bike for my cardio today. Let that loosen things up a bit.

Arsenal Wide Grip Pronated Chest Supported Row - This is the rowing bench they have the puts you over at 90 degrees. Pretty awesome contraption. Bar weight is not added here because I have no idea how much that specific bar that goes with it weighs but it isn't light.
"Start at 40 next time"

Set 1: 30 lbs x 8
Set 2: 30 lbs x 8
Set 3: 40 lbs x 8
- 40 was very challenging and would have gotten me to failure if I started with it.

Bent Over Row (Dumbbell)
"4 partials on last set to get to 20"

Set 1: 45 lbs x 20
Set 2: 45 lbs x 16 -
These were brutal, but did the trick.

Pullover (Machine) - 3 attempt Rest Pause - goal was 12 max I got 19, so I need to go up.

Set 1: 115 lbs x 12
RP Set 2: 115 lbs x 4
RP Set 3: 115 lbs x 3
- I was cooked after these.

@hevyapp

https://hevy.com/workout/cfae27bc-184a-4bfc-9549-4baa3abfcff7

===============================================================================

My back is still tight from the rack pull. I have issues with rack pulls. He said to start with the bar a couple inches above the knees but my arms are so long that left me with like 3 inches of ROM which felt useless. I went down to the next rung which was exactly at the top of my kneecap and that was a bit better but me trying to figure out how he wanted my back positioned instead of bracing in my normal position caused it to pull or round or something. I am just going to let it ride today without any anti-inflammatories to see if it can heal up on it's own. I don't want to shortcut the healing process stopping inflammation too early.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
whether or not you're planning on ever having size or strength PR's again, and regardless of competition, you've built a shredded beach ready physique that isn't gonna get F'd with by the average street mugger IMO. that's something you're still going to be able to carry for a while.

being strong is great, but being built in a way that is useful to society and intimidating to would be assailants is life goals.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
whether or not you're planning on ever having size or strength PR's again, and regardless of competition, you've built a shredded beach ready physique that isn't gonna get F'd with by the average street mugger IMO. that's something you're still going to be able to carry for a while.

being strong is great, but being built in a way that is useful to society and intimidating to would be assailants is life goals.
Thanks man, some steep compliments there. I can't wait to see how far this goes. First getting down to where I have no hanging fat is going to be very impressive looking. Then to rebound back up after, I am pretty excited about it.

Yeah, remember my strangler story from one of my last trips. I feel like homeboy would have tried something if he didn't see me as a potential danger to him. Definitely don't present as prey!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, remember my strangler story from one of my last trips. I feel like homeboy would have tried something if he didn't see me as a potential danger to him. Definitely don't present as prey!
I was 100% thinking about that!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks man, some steep compliments there. I can't wait to see how far this goes. First getting down to where I have no hanging fat is going to be very impressive looking. Then to rebound back up after, I am pretty excited about it.

That was one of the creepiest encounters I still remember it.

wanted to add for your back, to help out, some of the horse liniment that you can get at most farm/ranch stores. Think I remember you talking about using it before if I remember right.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That was one of the creepiest encounters I still remember it.

wanted to add for your back, to help out, some of the horse liniment that you can get at most farm/ranch stores. Think I remember you talking about using it before if I remember right.
Good looking out!

================================================================================

11/11/23 - Fasted Weight 197.6 - Alright 2nd week in and at some weight basically. Coach cut some calories so we can start the actual cutting! Here goes the ride boys and girls.

My back is still very tender, not like injured tender, but unhappy tender. I was still able to get in a great workout this afternoon and am really enjoying the program.

Arms (Saturday)
Saturday, Nov 11, 2023 at 11:04am

SA Triceps Rope Extension - 20, 15, 10, 20 - complete reps only listed sets completed with partials.
Set 1: 40 lbs x 17
Set 3: 50 lbs x 9
Set 4: 30 lbs x 18

Triceps Kickback (Dumbbell) 3x12 - complete reps only listed sets completed with partials.
Set 1: 15 lbs x 12
Set 2: 15 lbs x 11
Set 3: 15 lbs x 10

EZ Bar Skullcrusher - 15, 12, 8 - complete reps only listed sets completed with partials.
Set 1: 55 lbs x 15
Set 2: 55 lbs x 10
Set 3: 55 lbs x 7

Diamond Push Up - Each set to complete failure
Set 1: 10 reps
Set 2: 7 reps
Set 3: 5 reps

Single Arm Preacher Curl - 3x10 - last set +2 partials
Set 1: 25 lbs x 10
Set 2: 25 lbs x 10
Set 3: 25 lbs x 6

EZ Bar Biceps Curl
"Set 1 too much 2 partials for 12 total, set 2 +1 partial, set 3 +1 partial start at 40 next time."
Set 1: 50 lbs x 10
Set 2: 40 lbs x 12

This was a hell of a session. I had a massive pump and was looking beefy!

Here are a couple shots from my check in this morning to give an idea of where I am at. I am tightening up, I can tell by the loose skin getting more wrinkles as things tighten up. Even with a couple weeks of hair growth I feel there is a noticeable difference from me at the same weight 2 weeks ago.

As mentioned coach cut some calories this week so we should start seeing some more obvious changes as we go since I am already decently lean.

I am donating blood this week in Rocket's honor then going to order my labs for the following week once everything has had a chance to stabilize so I can give them to my coach. Right now he said we stick to this dose until we have blood work and know I am healthy enough to move forward. I respect that, and I am sure the dose I am on now is still working just fine right now. :) Is there any place out there cheaper or faster than Private MD Labs?

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good looking out!

================================================================================

11/11/23 - Fasted Weight 197.6 - Alright 2nd week in and at some weight basically. Coach cut some calories so we can start the actual cutting! Here goes the ride boys and girls.

My back is still very tender, not like injured tender, but unhappy tender. I was still able to get in a great workout this afternoon and am really enjoying the program.

Arms (Saturday)

SA Triceps Rope Extension - 20, 15, 10, 20 - complete reps only listed sets completed with partials.

Triceps Kickback (Dumbbell) 3x12 - complete reps only listed sets completed with partials.

EZ Bar Skullcrusher - 15, 12, 8 - complete reps only listed sets completed with partials.

EZ Bar Biceps Curl
"Set 1 too much 2 partials for 12 total, set 2 +1 partial, set 3 +1 partial start at 40 next time."

Here are a couple shots from my check in this morning to give an idea of where I am at. I am tightening up, I can tell by the loose skin getting more wrinkles as things tighten up. Even with a couple weeks of hair growth I feel there is a noticeable difference from me at the same weight 2 weeks ago.

View attachment 237625View attachment 237626

As mentioned coach cut some calories this week so we should start seeing some more obvious changes as we go since I am already decently lean.

I am donating blood this week in Rocket's honor then going to order my labs for the following week once everything has had a chance to stabilize so I can give them to my coach. Right now he said we stick to this dose until we have blood work and know I am healthy enough to move forward. I respect that, and I am sure the dose I am on now is still working just fine right now. :) Is there any place out there cheaper or faster than Private MD Labs?
Wicked session man! Looking tight and massive on the progress pictures!

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good looking out!

Arms (Saturday)

EZ Bar Biceps Curl

View attachment 237625 View attachment 237626

Lookin good! Hard work is paying off. You are def getting back what you are putting in!!!
I was gonna ask what you do for bloods. I have heard of a few “finger prick from home” companies. My daughter just got a bill from Quest for over 700 for blood work. There was a typo on her insurance info thus the bill. But wow 7 beans for blood work???

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wicked session man! Looking tight and massive on the progress pictures!
Thank you Sir!
Lookin good! Hard work is paying off. You are def getting back what you are putting in!!!
I was gonna ask what you do for bloods. I have heard of a few “finger prick from home” companies. My daughter just got a bill from Quest for over 700 for blood work. There was a typo on her insurance info thus the bill. But wow 7 beans for blood work???
Appreciate it, and yeah it is crazy. Honestly since I haven't been on any appreciable amount of gear, or pushed it in years I just typically do blood work twice a year at my Dr's for my TRT. This year I will have to schedule that in between cycles. So this is really the first time I am looking to pay privately. For what I need I am looking at $143. I need a CBC, CMP, Lipids, and Estradiol. The women's light hormone panel covers everything but the lipids and also includes testosterone not that I need to know what that is right now. I know my test is good it is from the pharmacy. ;) For some reason it is much cheaper for the women's even though it tests the same things...

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I lost my primary care who was awesome. He listened and talked to you, not at you. He’s cool w my 1 or 2 joints after work as the booze was waaaayyyy worse for me. He lost his lic due to Covid social distancing protocol. When you would see him, he would treat you like you were the only patient he had that day. You didn’t ever see him check the time. He was a one-man show, small waiting room, and patients would get backed up sometimes. Some ”Karen” tossed a grenade at his career over social distancing. Go figure.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking better from the last pics truly. Good luck on things to come!

Ulta Labs tends to be a bit cheaper for me, and they have a very broad ala cart selection. You can probably get the first 3 in some kind of all in one, then add estradiol. Or for sure CBC+CMP and add one of the lipid tests & estradiol.

Will be cheaper too with one of their daily codes (sign up for email, 15-20% off code always but rotates almost daily).

ULTAVET right now for 20% off through the weekend I believe.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I lost my primary care who was awesome. He listened and talked to you, not at you. He’s cool w my 1 or 2 joints after work as the booze was waaaayyyy worse for me. He lost his lic due to Covid social distancing protocol. When you would see him, he would treat you like you were the only patient he had that day. You didn’t ever see him check the time. He was a one-man show, small waiting room, and patients would get backed up sometimes. Some ”Karen” tossed a grenade at his career over social distancing. Go figure.
Yeah those are nice. Mine is pretty easy going and I have been with her since she took over the office I was visiting like 15-20 years ago. I don't talk to her about my gear or weed use. I don't need that getting back to the insurance company.
Looking better from the last pics truly. Good luck on things to come!

Ulta Labs tends to be a bit cheaper for me, and they have a very broad ala cart selection. You can probably get the first 3 in some kind of all in one, then add estradiol. Or for sure CBC+CMP and add one of the lipid tests & estradiol.

Will be cheaper too with one of their daily codes (sign up for email, 15-20% off code always but rotates almost daily).

ULTAVET right now for 20% off through the weekend I believe.
Thanks! I am very happy with the current shape I am seeing and we are working hard on the lateral head of the triceps to get that pop on the outer arm in some of my other movements. My shoulder seem to really be shaping up as the fat comes off. I have a surprising amount in between my delt and my triceps. I guess that is part of the holding back fat longer than front as well. I think there will be some big changes just from losing that fat as well. I have been asked a few times rewcently how I got my rear delts so big so that is a great sign!!!

Cool I will check that out my coach just sent me everything he wants with a link to another site as well. So, I can compare exactly and find the best price.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The wheels are legit bro!!!! Definitely gonna be a string point come show time. Does your coach let you do thr stepmill for cardio or does he keep you away from it so you don't lose size? I never understood that myself but people a lot smarter than me swear the stepmill will destroy leg size.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The wheels are legit bro!!!! Definitely gonna be a string point come show time. Does your coach let you do thr stepmill for cardio or does he keep you away from it so you don't lose size? I never understood that myself but people a lot smarter than me swear the stepmill will destroy leg size.
To me it's just too much to recover from compared to incline walking or a treadmill. The fact it feels like such a workout during the session tells you it is depleting the crap out of your legs. No muscular growth there just harder to recover from so I don't see it as beneficial to me. My legs are always exhausted after the stairmill, and lose size and fullness quickly on lower calories. So, I imagine for me it might not be the best idea. He just has me doing it on a treadmill right now, but probably going to see if we can move it to an elliptical, it just feels better on my body.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Good looking out!

Arms (Saturday)

EZ Bar Biceps Curl

View attachment 237625View attachment 237626

Everyone used to tell me "just wait till you're 40".
Then I turned 40, hit a bunch of PRs and now they say "just wait until you're 50"

well **** man, if this is 50 I can't wait! looking great!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/12/23 Macros - As you can see we cut out about 300 calories from each day. Basically removed them via about 60 grams of rice and my 4 oz sweet potato with dinner. Fats a touch lower. Curious to see where this takes me.

11/13/23 - Fasted Weight 202.1 - Crazy how the fluctuations work. Up to 202 but on less calories... I did have to eat the bulk of my food during the afternoon. I expect it is mostly just food still working through my system.

Chest & Biceps (Monday) - Nov 13, 2023 at 4:37am

Incline Chest Press (Machine) 2 sets @ 6 and 8 to failure
Set 1: 82.5 lbs x 7
- failed on attempt @8 - Go up
Set 2: 72.5 lbs x 6 - failed on attempt @7 - Try 5-7.5 lbs less

Iso-Lateral Chest Press (Machine) - 3 x 10, 3rd set has double drop set
Set 1: 70 lbs x 10
- 70 was a little too heavy, will start with 65 next week.
Set 2: 65 lbs x 10
Set 3: 65 lbs x 8 drop
Set 4: 55 lbs x 4 drop
Set 5: 45 lbs x 3

Bench Press (Cable) 3 x 15
Set 1: 30 lbs x 15
Set 3: 40 lbs x 10 + 5 partials.

Chest Fly (Machine) 3 sets of 21's
Set 1: 80 lbs x 21
Set 2: 80 lbs x 21
Set 3: 80 lbs x 20 + 1 partial -
Chest Pump was absolutely ridiculous this morning. Side chest pose was looking pretty impressive.

Spider Curl (Dumbbell) 3 x 15
Set 1: 20 lbs x 15
Set 2: 20 lbs x 15
Set 3: 20 lbs x 12 + 3 partials -
The contractions on this bring the burn baby!

Bicep Curl (Dumbbell) 3 x 15
Set 1: 15 lbs x 15
Set 2: 15 lbs x 15
Set 3: 15 lbs x 12 + 3 partials -
I initially started doing these as alternating DB Curls then had to adjust.

There is one thing I know for sure on this program. I am not leaving anything on the table. All cards are played by the end of the session. I was looking jacked when I left the gym biceps pumped, check, chest = swoll, triceps looking beefy just a nice pump!

Hevy App - One thing I am a little annoyed with on this app is sometimes my notes don't carry over. They should be at the top of the movement telling me how he wants things performed but it seems hit or miss. I am going to look. Also the weights used for the week before should have populated for me but they did not. If these issues are bugs then I will be looking for a new up here shortly. Going to look around online to see if I have a setting wrong first before I scrap it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Everyone used to tell me "just wait till you're 40".
Then I turned 40, hit a bunch of PRs and now they say "just wait until you're 50"

well **** man, if this is 50 I can't wait! looking great!
Thanks! Honestly though, they are right just not in the way they think. To them they are breaking down from doing nothing... You use it you lose it. Not sending a signal you need the body to be strong it is very efficient. Not moving much or needing much repair, okay lets spend less resources on collagen production. Knees, big belly causes back aches and when they do actually do something it breaks them for days or makes the sore for days.

Me, I had to stop training for strength and change my focus to aesthetics and hypertrophy. The strength training isn't so great for my joints any more, However yeah things changed when I hit around 35 a bit, and again around 45 for sure. Just a little longer recovery or connective tissue being more of an issue. You make adjustments and choose to focus your attention on the things you can still do. Point in case being it doesn't have to stop, and you don't have to stop getting better but how you go about achieving those goals will have to be adjusted, and other goals may have to be changed all together, but you can still always find something to improve. At least until this age and judging from Rocket's example it didn't stop by 64 either.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
11/12/23 Macros - As you can see we cut out about 300 calories from each day. Basically removed them via about 60 grams of rice and my 4 oz sweet potato with dinner. Fats a touch lower. Curious to see where this takes me.
View attachment 237638

11/13/23 - Fasted Weight 202.1 - Crazy how the fluctuations work. Up to 202 but on less calories... I did have to eat the bulk of my food during the afternoon. I expect it is mostly just food still working through my system.

Chest & Biceps (Monday) - Nov 13, 2023 at 4:37am

Incline Chest Press (Machine) 2 sets @ 6 and 8 to failure
Set 1: 82.5 lbs x 7
- failed on attempt @8 - Go up
Set 2: 72.5 lbs x 6 - failed on attempt @7 - Try 5-7.5 lbs less

Iso-Lateral Chest Press (Machine) - 3 x 10, 3rd set has double drop set
Set 1: 70 lbs x 10
- 70 was a little too heavy, will start with 65 next week.
Set 2: 65 lbs x 10
Set 3: 65 lbs x 8 drop
Set 4: 55 lbs x 4 drop
Set 5: 45 lbs x 3

Bench Press (Cable) 3 x 15
Set 1: 30 lbs x 15
Set 3: 40 lbs x 10 + 5 partials.

Chest Fly (Machine) 3 sets of 21's
Set 1: 80 lbs x 21
Set 2: 80 lbs x 21
Set 3: 80 lbs x 20 + 1 partial -
Chest Pump was absolutely ridiculous this morning. Side chest pose was looking pretty impressive.

Spider Curl (Dumbbell) 3 x 15
Set 1: 20 lbs x 15
Set 2: 20 lbs x 15
Set 3: 20 lbs x 12 + 3 partials -
The contractions on this bring the burn baby!

Bicep Curl (Dumbbell) 3 x 15
Set 1: 15 lbs x 15
Set 2: 15 lbs x 15
Set 3: 15 lbs x 12 + 3 partials -
I initially started doing these as alternating DB Curls then had to adjust.

There is one thing I know for sure on this program. I am not leaving anything on the table. All cards are played by the end of the session. I was looking jacked when I left the gym biceps pumped, check, chest = swoll, triceps looking beefy just a nice pump!

Hevy App - One thing I am a little annoyed with on this app is sometimes my notes don't carry over. They should be at the top of the movement telling me how he wants things performed but it seems hit or miss. I am going to look. Also the weights used for the week before should have populated for me but they did not. If these issues are bugs then I will be looking for a new up here shortly. Going to look around online to see if I have a setting wrong first before I scrap it.
Did you try creating your own custom template on the RP app? Just curious I have never tried it but didn’t know if you could tune it to work for your new training.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did you try creating your own custom template on the RP app? Just curious I have never tried it but didn’t know if you could tune it to work for your new training.
I could have I am sure but I can't justify spending the cost on that monthly if I am not following the programming style or methodology of their programs right now. I was on the 24.99 a month special but that is a lot if not using it for what it is actually designed for like you are. Plus it also does not carry over some of the things the way one would expect. It just shows you what it wants you to do, not what you did previously. Which is great but for the way this program runs I need to know last weeks numbers.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
no joke, and 65 would have been a helluva a year for the old boy if he didn't draw such as shitty lottery ticket this year. He was YOKED
No doubt!

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Renaissance Periodization?

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Damn 4:37am training session!? That's before work I'm guessing? Do you get up at 230 and have a meal then go back to sleep until 4 or do you train fasted?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I could have I am sure but I can't justify spending the cost on that monthly if I am not following the programming style or methodology of their programs right now. I was on the 24.99 a month special
I am with you there. I have tried some apps then sorta walked away and kept some of what I learned, trashed some. $25 is a lot less than a coach, but you get a lot less. These days you can nickel and dime yourself very fast with all these "cheap" monthly subscriptions. I have to occasionally log into my amazon or google acct to double check what all I'm be charged every month in case there is a random $2.99 charge in there I forgot about that needs cancelled.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I use there hypertrophy workout app, Kleen did for a while until he started his new program and the app will not work for his application.
It's not that it won't work but that it is an actual coaching app that dictates load based on an algorithm that my coach is not using. It is basically more machine than I need right now. Kind of like renting a steam roller to flatten a coke can. It will do the job but it could have been done just as well much cheaper. However, I do recommend reading their RP Hypertrophy book, after using the app things in it will click a lot more so you understand what is going on behind the scenes then sooner or later you can just run your own RP type meso just using the same criteria.
Damn 4:37am training session!? That's before work I'm guessing? Do you get up at 230 and have a meal then go back to sleep until 4 or do you train fasted?
Yep before work. I don't want to make my family sacrifice seeing me just because I want to do a bodybuilding show. So I started training in the morning about 6 weeks ago I think.

Before my coach I was just getting up at 4:00Am taking my preworkout before doing anything else then make my periworkout drink which was 1 scoop Country Time Lemonade, 36g dextrose, and a scoop of whey.

Now I get up at 3:45AM, have my preworkout, and my coach has me eat 150g fresh banana, then I put 150g of frozen pineapple in the nutribullet with 2 scoops of isolate and drink that as fast as I can. Finish getting dressed, brush teeth, drive 10 minutes to the gym and get going. At first I felt a little full in the gym but after the first week I am fine. An occasional burp, but I get about 30 minutes from the time I finish my preworkout feeding but with the pineapple being blended and banana being as soft as it is the digestion process goes very easily.

I am with you there. I have tried some apps then sorta walked away and kept some of what I learned, trashed some. $25 is a lot less than a coach, but you get a lot less. These days you can nickel and dime yourself very fast with all these "cheap" monthly subscriptions. I have to occasionally log into my amazon or google acct to double check what all I'm be charged every month in case there is a random $2.99 charge in there I forgot about that needs cancelled.
Yeah, and one of the big things I liked about it was that it showed my notes, and had a spot for last weeks weights. Now I did find that somehow my first training session didn't get saved so that function may actually be working as expected. Tomorrow we will see if it shows last weeks numbers. I do have a workout recorded for that. However the other is the description of the workout which I really enjoy and want to have right there at the working set so I can refresh my mind just before the exercise. If this one isn't the one I will give Strong a try since @PFlowReborn swears by it.

PFlowReborn

PFlowReborn

Awards
It's not that it won't work but that it is an actual coaching app that dictates load based on an algorithm that my coach is not using. It is basically more machine than I need right now. Kind of like renting a steam roller to flatten a coke can. It will do the job but it could have been done just as well much cheaper. However, I do recommend reading their RP Hypertrophy book, after using the app things in it will click a lot more so you understand what is going on behind the scenes then sooner or later you can just run your own RP type meso just using the same criteria.
Yep before work. I don't want to make my family sacrifice seeing me just because I want to do a bodybuilding show. So I started training in the morning about 6 weeks ago I think.

Before my coach I was just getting up at 4:00Am taking my preworkout before doing anything else then make my periworkout drink which was 1 scoop Country Time Lemonade, 36g dextrose, and a scoop of whey.

Now I get up at 3:45AM, have my preworkout, and my coach has me eat 150g fresh banana, then I put 150g of frozen pineapple in the nutribullet with 2 scoops of isolate and drink that as fast as I can. Finish getting dressed, brush teeth, drive 10 minutes to the gym and get going. At first I felt a little full in the gym but after the first week I am fine. An occasional burp, but I get about 30 minutes from the time I finish my preworkout feeding but with the pineapple being blended and banana being as soft as it is the digestion process goes very easily.

Yeah, and one of the big things I liked about it was that it showed my notes, and had a spot for last weeks weights. Now I did find that somehow my first training session didn't get saved so that function may actually be working as expected. Tomorrow we will see if it shows last weeks numbers. I do have a workout recorded for that. However the other is the description of the workout which I really enjoy and want to have right there at the working set so I can refresh my mind just before the exercise. If this one isn't the one I will give Strong a try since @PFlowReborn swears by it.
Just FYi, Strong app in Pro mode is mere $30/year or $5/mo. So just skip a pizza or a couple Starbucks runs and get the year and yeah I just have Music + Strong app on a wall mounted android device right next to tonal in paid off, no subscription mode..

That's an easy trade as I mainly need the music and a fast way to log working out, which Tonal did for me for the first year or more I had it in subscription mode.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just FYi, Strong app in Pro mode is mere $30/year or $5/mo. So just skip a pizza or a couple Starbucks runs and get the year and yeah I just have Music + Strong app on a wall mounted android device right next to tonal in paid off, no subscription mode..

That's an easy trade as I mainly need the music and a fast way to log working out, which Tonal did for me for the first year or more I had it in subscription mode.
Skipping pizza? No thank you! ;)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Yeah, my previous weights showed up today which was cool. Still doesn't show the original notes during the session which is annoying.
Skipping pizza? No thank you! ;)
Haha, aren't we already doing that?

11/13/23 Ending macros - I was a little low on fat last night and forgot to add a few grams to my final meal. Needed a little more carbs too. Will be better today but still a win.

11/14/23 - Fasted Weight 200.6

Legs - (Tuesday) - Nov 14, 2023 at 4:41am

Pendulum Squat (Machine) -
Replaced back squats with these to allow lower back to recover more.
Set 1: 70 lbs x 12
Set 2: 70 lbs x 12
Set 3: 70 lbs x 10 -
I had to push myself up with my hands on my knees for the 11th rep.

Leg Press (Machine) - Last week 380
Set 1: 400 lbs x 12 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 2: 400 lbs x 12 @ 9 rpe
Set 3: 420 lbs x 11 @ 10 rpe
- I had to push myself up with my hands on my knees for the 12th rep.

Walking Lunge (Dumbbell) - Last week 20
Set 1: 25 lbs x 8 @ 9 rpe
Set 2: 25 lbs x 8 @ 9.5-10 rpe -
These had me struggling.

Back Extension (Hyperextension) Replaced RDL's with these to allow lower back to recover more.
Set 1: 15 reps @ 9 rpe
Set 2: 12 reps @ 10 rpe
Set 3: 8 reps @ Fail
- I couldn't get all the way extended on last rep but was enough to call it a rep.

Lying Leg Curl (Machine)
Set 1: 45 lbs x 20 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 2: 60 lbs x 15 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 3: 60 lbs x 10 @ 10 rpe
Set 4: 45 lbs x 16 @ Fail + 4 partials
- Oh yeah, these were burning. Good Stuff!

Calf Press (Machine)
Set 1: 200 lbs x 30 @ 7.5 rpe
Set 2: 200 lbs x 30 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 3: 200 lbs x 23 @ Fail
- I had to RP to get last 7 on this one, and do a couple slight partials to complete. The burn on these was brutal!!!

Although I was hoping that my lower back would be up to the task of squatting and RDL's today but missed it by a day or 2 of recovery. I feel like I will be back to 100% or very close by Friday when I have rack pulls again. I will give them another shot but obviously be more careful. If they light me up again I will have the coach give me something else to do for that purpose.

Oh yeah, the RPE stuff isn't exactly from my sessions but it has a way to rate that which I am more using like RIR but I figured if the app has an easy place to track effort then I should be tracking it.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Although I was hoping that my lower back would be up to the task of squatting and RDL's today but missed it by a day or 2 of recovery. I feel like I will be back to 100% or very close by Friday when I have rack pulls again. I will give them another shot but obviously be more careful. If they light me up again I will have the coach give me something else to do for that purpose.

Oh yeah, the RPE stuff isn't exactly from my sessions but it has a way to rate that which I am more using like RIR but I figured if the app has an easy place to track effort then I should be tracking it.
I can't put my finger on it, and maybe it's in my head but since committing to the competition your sessions somehow seem even more focused. (not that they were bad before). Just something seems different/improved in a great way

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can't put my finger on it, and maybe it's in my head but since committing to the competition your sessions somehow seem even more focused. (not that they were bad before). Just something seems different/improved in a great way
Hmmmmm... Maybe the way the app displays them more nicely. However probably has more to do with the organization of the work and volume. With the PLP I had to take care of 3-4 body parts a training session and spread the volume across multiple days. So nothing really seemed congruent to look it. This program is concise, basic bro split but focused on my weak points. So it just looks, and feels a bit more organized in my opinion. it is also nice that I am not spending as much time warming up multiple body parts in a session. The other thing probably beneficial to me being my age is the training most things just once a week, which allows for my joints and connective tissue to recover more in between bouts. Then of course there is the going to failure which just leaves no questions if I am giving it my all. I did much better this session about managing the intensity so I could get the volume needed. He doesn't really want me failing on anything but the last set of regular work sets. However the main lift is normally 2 sets to failure. Just not right now with what is going on with my lower back.