CK/Anabolic Diet mega thread

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Keep a gallon of water in the refrigerator and sip from it during the day, it's not so hard to get through two gallons when your used to it.

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
couldnt you avoid the fat gain and eat complex carbs over the carb up? but the whole gole is a huge insulin response correct? and complex carbs wont give you that. id feel alot better eating alittle more complex than simple.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
couldnt you avoid the fat gain and eat complex carbs over the carb up?
Are you asking if you could avoid fat gain by eating low glycemic carbs instead of higher glycemic carbs over the carb up? The whole reason why we eat the simple carbs at the beginning of the carb up is because
a.) we have an altered insulin sensitivity from individuals on a carbohydrate based diet and therefore will not suffer any negative effects
b.) they taste fukkin delicious
and
c.) simply because if the goal is glycogen supercompensation then we want to stuff ourselves with a very large amount of carbs during the first 24 hours. I don't know about you, but if I tried to eat 150g of low glycemic carbs w/ a shlt ton of protein (60-75g) every 2 hours during the initial stage of the carb up I think it would be extremely difficult. It is hard enough trying to eat that much of simple sugars or glucose polymers.

but the whole gole is a huge insulin response correct?
True.

and complex carbs wont give you that.
False.

id feel alot better eating alittle more complex than simple
May I ask why?

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Here is a quote from a fellow member on AM who has been using the anabolic diet for some time now:

Another update for anyone interested. Well, 8 months is a long time. I'm down to 250. 8" off the waist. Caloric intake down to 1900/day. Changed my workout over to a more hypertrophy focused routine, so, can't say for certain about the strength loss, but, I would say it's minimal. Started recreate/DCP stack on Monday. If anyone is interested in the results, I'd be more than happy to post. Anyway, this diet DOES work, just not used to being on a diet this long. This week is week 36, lost 41lbs. So, I guess I'm right on track. If no further interest, I'll post my end results with a pic perhaps.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Forgot to mention that my ratios have gone from 60/40 fat/protein to 40/60 fat/protein.

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
i think i posted on friday before depletion workout that i was 236. I didn't go to the gym yesterday but today was 239. so maybe i was above 240 sunday night into monday

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Awesome Distilled...you'll have to let us know how the DNP goes!
I think I may run another quick cut as well before rugby season CKD style. But for now I'm having too much fun putting on a little lean mass while sticking myself with some peptides.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Forgot to mention that my ratios have gone from 60/40 fat/protein to 40/60 fat/protein.
Good to see you in this thread Scotty and that is an important additional piece of information.
Bro if I recall correctly you were throwing up some very impressive numbers in the gym. Keep it up, champ. LOL.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Just do two circuits of exercises for every major group working to exhaustion.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Just do two circuits of exercises for every major group working to exhaustion.
Tension workouts are the non-carb depletion workouts? You do circuit training for those?

I do this split:

Monday- Legs
Wednesday- Back
Thursday- Shoulders/Chest/Arms
Friday- Depletion

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I just started using Gut Health and I'm liking it so far. My stomach feels more comfortable....like I'm absorbing the nutrients in the food better. Anyone else have experience using Gut Health while on CKD or AD?

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
my workout:
mon: chest/tris
tues: back/bi's
wed: legs
thurs: shoulder
friday: depletion

pretty weak by thurs. though.......still tweaking the workouts

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I just started using Gut Health and I'm liking it so far. My stomach feels more comfortable....like I'm absorbing the nutrients in the food better. Anyone else have experience using Gut Health while on CKD or AD?
I haven't ever had digestion or poopy problems on CKD, so no on my part@!

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
i dont sh!t as much as i used to. then a lot on the weekend:dance:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I **** once a day during the week and it's tiny!

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking a tension workout like this
Mon: Chest/Tri's
Tue: Back/Shoulders
Wed: Legs/Bis
Thur: OFF
Fri: depletion

Any reason not to?
The first obvious thing that would pop to my mind would be your physical state on friday in terms of how sore your legs and biceps would be.

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
The first obvious thing that would pop to my mind would be your physical state on friday in terms of how sore your legs and biceps would be.
i might be missing something so let me know if i am. my feeling was that on my depletion workout, i'm working to get all the leftover glycogen out of the muscles. so even if i worked out a muscle group the day before depletion w.o.,(which i slacked this week so tonight is shoulders and legs) even though friday will suck with that muscle group, its mainly high reps just to finish them off. let me know.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking a tension workout like this
Mon: Chest/Tri's
Tue: Back/Shoulders
Wed: Legs/Bis
Thur: OFF
Fri: depletion

Any reason not to?
All things being equal, I'd do the muscle group you wanted to work on most in the beginning of the week and prioritize them that way. That way you have the most energy to work out the muscle groups you want to focus on early in the week.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
QUESTION: I have to run 2 miles in 17 minutes in about 3 weeks for my Army National Guard Physical Training Test. I want to continue doing the AD, but I need to find a way to integrate running into my routine.

I've been doing this:
Monday- Legs
Wednesday- Back
Friday- Depletion

Maybe I should try this?:
Monday- Legs
Tuesday- Back 2 mile run
Wednesday- 2 mile run
Friday- 2 mile run (no depletion)

Any input?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Why not just run everyday and up your calories accordingly?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Why not just run everyday and up your calories accordingly?
I'm was kind of worried about the glycogen depletion.....but you're right, maybe I should start there and adjust based upon how its going.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure I buy into the glycogen crap, at least in my case. I am just as strong and as full of energy on Friday as I am on a Monday. I've never really noticed a difference.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure I buy into the glycogen crap, at least in my case. I am just as strong and as full of energy on Friday as I am on a Monday. I've never really noticed a difference.
It probably varies from person to person. I definitely have less energy on late Thurs and Friday than I do the rest of the week. I feel like I know my body is craving carbs.

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
i don't know either. i build houses, two as of right now that are across the street from eachother. i am always on my feet, and the houses are four stories so i'm constantly going up and down. point being, you would think that by today, after doing this all week, my leg workout would suck. i did more weight than ever before. dropped eca around 1:30 this afternoon so maybe that was it

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Or maybe it's that I'm eating too many daily carbs? I eat about 20-22

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
i think that's how many carbs i eat, maybe around 12-15

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
i might be missing something so let me know if i am. my feeling was that on my depletion workout, i'm working to get all the leftover glycogen out of the muscles. so even if i worked out a muscle group the day before depletion w.o.,(which i slacked this week so tonight is shoulders and legs) even though friday will suck with that muscle group, its mainly high reps just to finish them off. let me know.

Thats just what I was talking about. It looks ok as long as it doesn't hinder your depletion workout on friday.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I'm was kind of worried about the glycogen depletion.....but you're right, maybe I should start there and adjust based upon how its going.

I think you would need to be more worried about sprinting/power performance while glycogen levels deplete rather than endurance performance.

I think it's comparable to runners breaking through the wall, where their bodies switch from using glycogen mainly to burning fat, which is where you are at any way.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I think you would need to be more worried about sprinting/power performance while glycogen levels deplete rather than endurance performance.

I think it's comparable to runners breaking through the wall, where their bodies switch from using glycogen mainly to burning fat, which is where you are at any way.
I've never had any issues with strength. Are you saying I may start having issues with strength if I run several times a week?

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I've never had any issues with strength. Are you saying I may start having issues with strength if I run several times a week?
No, no, no. I'm talking about maximal effort stuff. For example, a carb depleted 3 rep max on any given exercise vs a 3 rep max while glyocgen levels are full. The carb depleted efforts should either be much more hard to complete or some sort of strength difference would be noted, at least in my experience with training that's what's happened when I tried exercises that relied on power vs strength.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
No, no, no. I'm talking about maximal effort stuff. For example, a carb depleted 3 rep max on any given exercise vs a 3 rep max while glyocgen levels are full. The carb depleted efforts should either be much more hard to complete or some sort of strength difference would be noted, at least in my experience with training that's what's happened when I tried exercises that relied on power vs strength.
Ah ok, misunderstood what you said. I'm not a max out kind of guy. The least reps I do is 6 and I try to go for more of a 15, 10, 8 rep range in a movement.

I did that run today....wow, I hate running. I've been working calves, which is always painful when running. I hate running. Can't wait to get this Physical Training Test out of the way.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I hate long endurance running too. HIIT for me.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I hate long endurance running too. HIIT for me.
I hear you. It feels so crappy after doing squats and other leg exercises. I feel like it flattens out my legs too....

Oh well 3 more weeks of it.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Try mega dosing BCAA's, it will definately help with your endurance and you won't be as depleted. About 50-60g sipped throughout the day should do the trick. You can add an extra 40g before 2 mile runs. You could use Xtend but this can get pricey. 50g of bulk powder mixed with crystal light in a gallon jug is a better and cost effective option. Make sure to mix it the night before, it will dissolve a hell of a lot better.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Try mega dosing BCAA's, it will definately help with your endurance and you won't be as depleted. About 50-60g sipped throughout the day should do the trick. You can add an extra 40g before 2 mile runs. You could use Xtend but this can get pricey. 50g of bulk powder mixed with crystal light in a gallon jug is a better and cost effective option. Make sure to mix it the night before, it will dissolve a hell of a lot better.
I have been using Xtend during tension workouts. I'll try mega dosing BCAAs before the runs and see how that helps. Thanks for the idea!

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
lol. you've got to change your avatar. i keep picturing that dude in the pic is the one giving the advice and I can't take it serious. its too f-ing funny

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
i feel sick. cereal and gatorade are making me tired and feel like sh!t. what the ****? oh and i'm 237. same as after my crab load last week. so i'm gaining weight? great

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
i feel sick. cereal and gatorade are making me tired and feel like sh!t. what the ****? oh and i'm 237. same as after my crab load last week. so i'm gaining weight? great
May be losing bodyfat and putting on muscle. Its pretty common on the AD.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established

It is. The way CKD diets are structured is to try to maintain at the very least, or build new muscle. Where you have the workouts in the beginning of the week structured to help keep muscle size, the very protein sparing nature of the diet and then on top of that you have the carb load which is anabolic in its own right.

If you look around you'll see logs where people on CKD and variations of it lose fat and put on muscle in that fashion.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys use as your base drink for liquid carbs?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
waxy maize and protein is a drink? I meant something along the lines, for a base drink, like water, powerade, milk etc.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
waxy maize and protein is a drink? I meant something along the lines, for a base drink, like water, powerade, milk etc.
After the depletion workout, I typically have 3-4 scoops of Waxy Maize and 2 scoops of Protein then go to solid food. I occasionally have some gatorade the first day as well.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I mega dosed BCAAs today (half a protein scoop). I felt really good during my workout and run and would recommend it.