CK/Anabolic Diet mega thread

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I always mixed my WMS in gatorade.

I don't really consume allot of liquid carbs anymore on refeeds. Maybe one 50-75g drink. Liquid carbs really made me feel like a piece of ****.

When i followed the "Duchane" refeed, after 1-2 liquid carb meals, i felt like hell the rest of the day. My stomach would get so ****ed up.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
What are you guys' favorite CHEAP high calorie foods for AD?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
80/20 ground beef. I can find it for $1.99/lb. Whole eggs were cheap at one time but not anymore.

What do you guys think of using a DC workout mon-wed then a depleation workout friday? I'm really liking this DC stuff.

Mon: Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Tue: Bicep/Forarm/BacK
Wed: Calfs/hams/quads

I may have already asked this but I dont think so, I've been so effin busy...........if so just give me a good ol :nutkick:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Where the **** do you find beef at that price? All the stores around me only have 85/15 and it's 6.98 for 2 pounds.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where the **** do you find beef at that price? All the stores around me only have 85/15 and it's 6.98 for 2 pounds.
Where do you live?

I go to BJ's, sams club, or sometimes Giant Eagle will have it for $2.09 (I dont mind the extra $.10 for the convinince of it being 1 block away.)

BJ's will have 90/10 for $2.59/lb non-sale.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I guess I need a membership at a wholesale place

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess I need a membership at a wholesale place
My roomates mom has a membership to BJ's and my mom has a membership to Sams club so we luck out. I'd advise it though for sure.

I only spend $50/week on food now...Was about 75+ before. I can also get a 10lb bag of chicken breast(boneless/skinless) for $22.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
My roomates mom has a membership to BJ's and my mom has a membership to Sams club so we luck out. I'd advise it though for sure.

I only spend $50/week on food now...Was about 75+ before. I can also get a 10lb bag of chicken breast(boneless/skinless) for $22.
Does sams have all of the regular foods? Meats/cheeses/nuts/eggs/etc? I've only been to a Costco before. Also, with sams, are the portions small enough to be able to use it all before it rots? Hopefully that last question makes sense.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Ground pork, 21 grams of fat per a serving, 20 grams of protein, 2.79 a pound.

Ground beef 80/20 2.89 a pound

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Foods I am using now for the anabolic diet (bulking with this):

whole eggs
turkey bacon
safflower oil (mixed with whey shakes)
enova oil (mixed with whey shakes)
avocados (tons of fiber and good fat)
ground beef
salmon

I even use chicken and tuna. Steak is usually expensive compared to the above foods. At least in my area.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
How do you eat your avacados?
RAW.....mmmmmmmmm.

As for cheap high cal foods:

EGGS! I go through about 48 a week. Drink em raw most of the time.

Meatzza! Mix ground beef with eggs, make a thin pizza crust on a pan. Cover in cheese and spices. Cook. So good. You can cut it into slices and its money.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Eggs are a pretty good cost/calorie ratio but not as good as walnuts, which is the cheapest I have found so far at .00218 cents per calorie from a non whole-sale grocery store.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Eggs are a pretty good cost/calorie ratio but not as good as walnuts, which is the cheapest I have found so far at .00218 cents per calorie from a non whole-sale grocery store.
Wow....you calculated the calorie to cent ratio? Seriously?

:toofunny:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Lol yes. I'm a bit OCD about analysis.

PS- I miss wrote, that. I meant .218 cents per calorie ;)

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
how is everyone still doing on this diet???? i told my girlfriend i didn't think **** was happening and she said she could definately see a difference. as she put it, my body was "condensing." anyone else have some feedback?

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
how is everyone still doing on this diet???? i told my girlfriend i didn't think **** was happening and she said she could definately see a difference. as she put it, my body was "condensing." anyone else have some feedback?
No one noticed I lost any weight until about the 40lb. mark.. It works. I am down 9.5" in the waist, close to 50lbs. I've also been at it for about 9 months. Be patient.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established

Didn't you just come off some mega-cycle?

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
:lol: i don't know about mega-cycle. nothing thundergod does or anything. that was about 2.5 weeks ago. i'm trying to cut pretty hard right now. I got up to like 242 while on. i'm going to weigh myself today at the gym.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I love this diet.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Guys - do atkins advantage bars fit into this diet atall?

I had a mega craving tonight and cained 2 of them, they had 2 impact carbs each but a total of 36g of carbs between them.

i am confused as to which to take on board?

did i just phuck up my ketosis :(

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Guys - do atkins advantage bars fit into this diet atall?

I had a mega craving tonight and cained 2 of them, they had 2 impact carbs each but a total of 36g of carbs between them.

i am confused as to which to take on board?

did i just phuck up my ketosis :(
You'll be fine, but like Rugger and Noyd I avoid them all together. Just resume your regular dieting.

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
weighed myself at the gym today. I'm a little over 2 and half weeks past my cycle and weighing in at about 242. I started this diet with four weeks left on the cycle. So I think everything is starting to work out as I'm about 228. My strength is staying the same if not getting a little more consistant. So I guess the muscle is staying and fat is not.:head:

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You'll be fine, but like Rugger and Noyd I avoid them all together. Just resume your regular dieting.
Agree with you and rugger, my piss doesnt smell now and my breath isnt smelling, the carbs in those bars must have brought me out of ketosis?

Im getting <from my diet, so if i include total carbs not impact carbs yesterday i took in about 50g of carbs, ****.

Should i change my 24 hour carb up protocol atall due to this?

Have my depletion workout after work today and had 6 powerades in my bag ready to slam down.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I would continue regularly. Just because your urine smells off one day doesn't mean that you've botched up. Resume your diet and continue with your carb load.

If you want something sweet for a snack use sugar free jello. You can also make whipped cream from full fat heavy cream with either your protein powder of choice folded in, or sugar free jello mix sprinkled in, frozen until firm, comes out good.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
You might be sensitive to the sugar alcohols and flavorings in the bars. Even with 50 carbs you shouldn't be knocked out to the point where it would take you a few days to get back in.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
is steady state cardio ok on a card up gents?

started my carb up 4pm this afternoon but would like to do some SS cardio tomorrow AM.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I still go on walks during my carb up, but I dont go to the gym during those 48 hours at all.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Did my carb up friday with simple carbs i.e.

3 powerades straight afterworkout
then around 400g simple carbs through the remainder of the night

Next day until 8pm

800g of complex carbs basmati rice, wholemeal bread, wholewheat pasta etc.

Then back on sub 20g carbs Sunday morning.

Had a good workout last night, best so far on my keto diet managed to get 6 good reps out on 250lbs which is still 50lbs down on when i wasent doing keto but its building back up so mayb e a sign my body is adjusting.

Weighing tomorrow morning.

If i havent lost anything again this week i may carb up every 8 days instead of 6 days.

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
TTT. How is everyone doing?
I can't really tell, scale is going down, strength is staying the same and gettting compliments. So good I guess. i'm not really too strict on my carb up and still getting results

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Have been on a few weeks now with 3 weigh ins and havent lost a lb.

Have been strict with my diet and have reduced kcals from 2600-1800 from when i first started, lost the initial water weight and nothing since.

Not sure how much longer im going to put effort in with no results.

Not saying the diet doesnt work, maybe it just doesnt work for me?

TOYFORDOLET

TOYFORDOLET

Awards
  • Established
I'm in my 4th week and loving it so far. I seem to be recomping steadily. Strength was stagnant the first couple weeks, but has started to climb. I seem to have more energy during the day, and I never had any problems when I started so I think my body adapted well.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Where am i going wrong gents? Help a brother out lol

M1

15g Cashews
10g Natural Peanut Butter
3 medium eggs
1 scoop protein powder
2g fish oil

M2

50g broccoli
50g mushrooms
20ml extra virgin olive oil
200g chicken
2g fish oil

M3
50g Cheese
100g turkey
6g fish oil
10g cashews

M4
200g steak
30g cheese
50g mushrooms
50g onions
2g fish oil

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established

M1

15g Cashews
10g Natural Peanut Butter
3 medium eggs
1 scoop protein powder
2g fish oil

M2

50g broccoli
50g mushrooms
200g chicken
2g fish oil

M3
50g Cheese
100g turkey
6g fish oil
10g cashews

M4
200g steak
30g cheese
50g mushrooms
50g onions
2g fish oil
Try inputing it in the Diet tracker to get macronutrient and calorie totals.

GXbcmFTO

Awards
How do you feel, and is your body recomping and thats why you are not seeing a change in weight? I noticed a big difference in the mirror, however a very very minor change in my actualy weight...I lost 4-5" off waistline...still the same weight tho!

~GX