Christian Friends ( <----seriously ) Your opinion, and something I cant define.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
my philosphy is good for MOST things....here it is:

if something gets in the way of your relationship with Christ, or you feel conviction about something, it is a sin.

I think drinking is a sin, because i know i would feel conviction, it would hinder my relationship with Him, and if another believer saw me drinking, what would he think about me?

just something to think about when making these decisions.
Hmmmm.... I like it.... Some others have said something similar..... But I think I will stick to this......

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you think a single beer is okay for you, then great. but the bible also says flee the APPEARANCE of sin.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with the discussion on vanity. Good job bringing it up, vida. ;)

And I agree with the responses so far. It just depends on how we handle it / how far we take it. Wanting to weigh less can start off as a health issue (e.g. heart problems), but lead into a desire to look thinner (vanity). I don't think that's a bad thing as long as your priorities are right. I know I put my fitness goals ahead of my walk with Christ for a while (and I still struggle), but it doesn't have to be that way.

I think with steroids--be they legal or illegal--your mindset just has to be using them the same way as a general supplement (albeit far more effective). If you're using it as an aide and your mindset doesn't change in what you want, how you get it, and how you feel about Christ and His position as the most important focus in your life, then I think you're fine. However, this is just side-stepping that same issue about man's law and scripture that we already discussed. Now, peptides, SARMs, and other RCs, however, are a gray area. They're legal, but they're not being used as "intended" (I use that loosely, because RC sites know what they sell them for 99% of the time, but it's still technically a law/rule).

I agree, bro.

With drinking, let's remember that drunkenness, gluttony, and sloth are all listed as sins.

However, a glass of wine shouldn't be something that's an issue. Really, a beer isn't, either. However, it's a fine line and easy to cross (anyone seeing a trend, here? lol). I was raised in a household where my parents didn't drink and I want to carry that onto my own family. I dabbled in drinking and even had some champagne on NYE, but I've always knew it was just a matter of time before I gave it up. And it was just something where I wanted to be of this world and didn't want to cut my ties to it. I needed to grow up in my faith.

I recently started getting rid of all the music that had swearing in it. It's been kind of hard for me, as I loved working out to some of the rap, but my heart feels much lighter without it. The same is true of my feeling of getting drunk (it was an instant feeling of shame).

yeah i gotta clean my ipod. i got eminem, lil wayne...etc gotta get it out. been feeling conviction on that lately.

anyways, sometimes, its not just the alcohol thats the problem, its the things that come along with it.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
yeah i gotta clean my ipod. i got eminem, lil wayne...etc gotta get it out. been feeling conviction on that lately.

anyways, sometimes, its not just the alcohol thats the problem, its the things that come along with it.
I've felt the music conviction lately as well man

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've felt the music conviction lately as well man
it sucks. i do jam to lecrae, some of it is chopped and screwed which i love. 26 inches by lecrae is legit. but other than him and MAYBE evans blue, what the heck am i supposed to train to ? what do you guys like that doesnt talk about sex or have bad language in it?

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
You fellas wear Crosses? As a Greek I always wear a decent sized gold cross so it always ends up in weird positions when I lift lol.

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
it sucks. i do jam to lecrae, some of it is chopped and screwed which i love. 26 inches by lecrae is legit. but other than him and MAYBE evans blue, what the heck am i supposed to train to ? what do you guys like that doesnt talk about sex or have bad language in it?
AUGUST BURNS RED.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Just wanted to say a quick thanks to you guys on the boards here showing your convictions and beliefs and helping me to not feel alone when much of the time on the forums Im confronted with Godless filth and trash.

Its wonderful to know there are others working on the same things I am. Thank you all, and may God bless you in your efforts to be more Christlike.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
if you think a single beer is okay for you, then great. but the bible also says flee the APPEARANCE of sin.
Ok but appearance doesnt meen that beer is making an appearance of sin. Alcohol can also be healthy..... Depends on how you catagoraze it.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I enjoy RED very much.
You could also try to get into techno or just beat music. I also been listening to sermons which seem to help... dont know how. lol

CaseyW

CaseyW

Awards
Unless your goal is to be bigger than god (good luck) i dont think you should concern yourself that your upsetting the idol worship clause. Similarly, Aas is only wrong according to mans law without a prescription. If there is a god keeping score ( my god doesnt) i dont think he puts much stock in man's laws at all. Im not one for traditional dogma though, to me thats the stuff we made up. my god is loving and wants all of us to act the same, thats it. I dont think hea too concerned with anything else that we do with our lives.Just my opinion

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to say a quick thanks to you guys on the boards here showing your convictions and beliefs and helping me to not feel alone when much of the time on the forums Im confronted with Godless filth and trash.

Its wonderful to know there are others working on the same things I am. Thank you all, and may God bless you in your efforts to be more Christlike.
Anytime bro. I love having convos on this forum like this. :)

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
I start EVERY workout to evans blue...

It was AWESOME.... I made a video review for Compound 20, put evans blue in the background of the second half of the video...

Well I guess the lead singer was interested in compound 20, saw my vid and noticed I had his song in the background and commented on my vid... Pretty awesome how small the world gets on the internet.

Sorry totally off topic there.... lol

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
chevelle...

some breaking benjamin

Some older avenged sevenfold

Atreyu

Skillet

And a ton of choice songs picked here and there from artists that have SOME good songs but cant listen to the entire albums since some songs arent appropriate.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just thought I'd share this, as my devotional this morning seemed very fitting:

http://odb.org/2012/01/13/unhook-the-chain/

Jesus made it clear to His disciples that He is “the way, the truth, and the life” (John 14:6). He is the only way to the Father, and our belief and commitment to Him results in love and obedience—and leads to an eternal home in heaven.

Christina, a Bible student in Minsk, Belarus, wrote this testimony: “Jesus died for everyone, even the most desperate sinner. The worst criminal who comes to Him in faith, the Lord will accept.

“For a very long time, Jesus had been knocking at my door. Figuratively speaking, the door to my heart was open. I was a believer. But I kept the safety chain in place. I would not turn my life over to Him.”

Christina knew this was not right, and she felt that God was compelling her to make a change. “I knelt before Him and opened the door as wide as I could.” She took off the chain.

Committed followers of Jesus will do what He commands—without safety chains or back doors. No reserving little corners of our lives all for ourselves. No secret sins.

If, like Christina, you’ve been holding back from surrendering to God, it’s time to unhook that safety chain. Let go of those reservations. Throw open the doors of your life, and experience the joy of obedient discipleship.

Less of self and more of Jesus,
More and more each day like Thee;
Just to live in full surrender
For my Lord who ransomed me. —Wonder

No life is more secure than a life surrendered to God.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Skillet ROCKS! I recently LOADED my iPod with them. "Monster" and "Better than Drugs" both make me rage. Red is another one. Funny thing is I'll find the WOW Hits albums each year and listen through them and I'll stumble across groups like this (that's how I found out about both of these groups) and then research them, more.

Some of TobyMac's stuff is pretty good to lift to, as well (some of it can get corny lol, but I love him).

I'll listen to some more rock; just have to be careful. 10 of the 11 songs on the album can be perfect, but then you find one with a couple f-bombs and it just makes me feel sick when I hear it.

Some old classic rock is great to lift to, as well.

If anyone wants, I'll pilfer through my iPod over the weekend and see what some of my favorites are. I have a decent amount of rap/hip hop that doesn't have swearing that is good to lift to, as well.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unless your goal is to be bigger than god (good luck) i dont think you should concern yourself that your upsetting the idol worship clause. Similarly, Aas is only wrong according to mans law without a prescription. If there is a god keeping score ( my god doesnt) i dont think he puts much stock in man's laws at all. Im not one for traditional dogma though, to me thats the stuff we made up. my god is loving and wants all of us to act the same, thats it. I dont think hea too concerned with anything else that we do with our lives.Just my opinion
Thanks for posting in here. It's always great to hear other thoughts on things.

As for the bold, it gets back to defying what is in written word and as much as we may not like it, scripture is what we are to follow.

I'll dig through my Bible this weekend to see if there are any other passages, but BBB or whoever posted already pretty much nailed it.

Then again, refer back to my post and things like breaking the speed limit, etc. It's tough.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
switchfoot since going fully independent has some great stuff.

the last two albums have some good tracks to lift to

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I was feeling the exact same thing. I actually went through my external hard drive, too, and started deleting all the stuff that I knew I shouldn't be listening to. In all honesty, it was hard and I still held onto some that I have to go back and still get rid of (see today's devotional lol). But isn't that kind of messed up? It shouldn't be hard. Somehow I've made it that way for myself, but what's more important? God's love or some music? It's not like I don't have a TON of other music that I love listening to. Plus, I don't want my kids to listen to this kind of stuff whenever I become a father, so it was going to be sooner or later. I'd hate to be the dad listening to 2Pac in the car and no where else, also refusing to let my kids listen. I try my best not to use that kind of language at all, myself, so why listen to it and make it easier?

Plus, it's not just the swearing, it's the overall message, which is where a lot of pop on the radio fails for us. It's all about stuff we shouldn't be doing and when we listen (at least when I do), it becomes easier to think that those things are okay. I've found I function a lot better when I don't listen to songs whose messages I don't believe in.

And you hit the nail on the head with the alcohol. Like I said, it's a fine line of when you cross over into drunkenness and I just find it easier, now, to steer clear, entirely. But bars and things of that nature pretty much cater to lifestyle choices we shouldn't want.

We are not of this world and we shouldn't feel like we're part of it.

GTB

Awards
But I think people taking anabolic steroids are not doing it to be healthier, they are doing it out of Vanity.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk
I actually started after it was discovered that I have low testosterone. Since I started PH my bloodwork has been much better. I have more energy, I am more enjoyable to be around, and I am more effective at my job. I think my clients enjoy it more than anyone since my physique has gotten better my sales numbers are improving. They like what they see. That is vanity!

GTB

Awards
chevelle...

some breaking benjamin

Some older avenged sevenfold

Atreyu

Skillet

And a ton of choice songs picked here and there from artists that have SOME good songs but cant listen to the entire albums since some songs arent appropriate.
I like to go a little heavier when I work out.
UnderOath, Thousand Foot Krutch, Day of Fire, POD,Close your Eyes, Fireflight, Red,Pillar. Brian Welch formerly of Korn has some good music out.I think this thread was Divine appointment. Praise God!

GTB

Awards
Just thought I'd share this, as my devotional this morning seemed very fitting:

http://odb.org/2012/01/13/unhook-the-chain/

Jesus made it clear to His disciples that He is “the way, the truth, and the life” (John 14:6). He is the only way to the Father, and our belief and commitment to Him results in love and obedience—and leads to an eternal home in heaven.

Christina, a Bible student in Minsk, Belarus, wrote this testimony: “Jesus died for everyone, even the most desperate sinner. The worst criminal who comes to Him in faith, the Lord will accept.

“For a very long time, Jesus had been knocking at my door. Figuratively speaking, the door to my heart was open. I was a believer. But I kept the safety chain in place. I would not turn my life over to Him.”

Christina knew this was not right, and she felt that God was compelling her to make a change. “I knelt before Him and opened the door as wide as I could.” She took off the chain.

Committed followers of Jesus will do what He commands—without safety chains or back doors. No reserving little corners of our lives all for ourselves. No secret sins.

If, like Christina, you’ve been holding back from surrendering to God, it’s time to unhook that safety chain. Let go of those reservations. Throw open the doors of your life, and experience the joy of obedient discipleship.

Less of self and more of Jesus,
More and more each day like Thee;
Just to live in full surrender
For my Lord who ransomed me. —Wonder

No life is more secure than a life surrendered to God.
Thanks for sharing that. I like doing morning devotions better. Every soldier wants their marching orders before they go to war, instead after they get into the battle. Good stuff!

GTB

Awards
my philosphy is good for MOST things....here it is:

if something gets in the way of your relationship with Christ, or you feel conviction about something, it is a sin.

I think drinking is a sin, because i know i would feel conviction, it would hinder my relationship with Him, and if another believer saw me drinking, what would he think about me?

just something to think about when making these decisions.
I agree but there is a fine line. We can not make OUR convictions the law for others. We are are all in different places in our walk with Christ. Some are more mature than others and we are to edify and build each other. My mens group when I lived in Fla was called BodyBuilders. Our ministy focused on building up the body of Christ. Your heart is n the right place, we do not want our actions to cause the enemies of God to blaspheme. That is what Nathan said to David after Bathsheba 2 Samuel 12:14.

GTB

Awards
I just want let you know that I am praying for each of you guys/girls , and I know the Lord is going to do great things in and through your lives.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Fellas lets allbecome friends, as a.m. forum members we should all support eachother. Likei have said before iron sharpens iron. Let us encoirage each other to become stronger in Jehovah. Thank you fellas for how this thread has gone. God bless yall. :)

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
As an atheist, I don't have to worry about it. Yay!
Yes you do. Just because you choose not to beleive in God does not mean he doesn't exist. Some of the most devot christians I know were once atheists. I challange you to watch the videos by Lee Strobel. Lee is an investigative jounalist for the Chicago Tribune. A one time atheist he decided to prove that the Bible was a myth. This involved three years of through investigation but he is now a devot christian.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I hear alot of rationalization here. Ask yourself, how would Jesus answer these questions? Actually He already has. He told his disciples that bodily exercise profits us very little and that we should actually set our focus on God. I love to BB along with the rest of you. But keep it in perspective. I try to work out three times a week. But sometimes obligations only allow once or twice a week. Always keep your priorities in order. The Bible also teaches us moderation in all things except God.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Lee stobel... I have read couple of his books and they are fantastic. Very good read

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
If you really want to get big try using legal PH's. Just do it safely and don't get so focused on size that you jeopardize your health. I personally like Tren products. I grow like a weed on this stuff and by pulsing and using a good AI along with a good test booster I have very few side effects. I have a good Dr. and I level with him about supplements I take. His philosophy is that as long as the side effects are minimal and it motives you to exercise than it is better than being a couch potato.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hear alot of rationalization here. Ask yourself, how would Jesus answer these questions? Actually He already has. He told his disciples that bodily exercise profits us very little and that we should actually set our focus on God. I love to BB along with the rest of you. But keep it in perspective. I try to work out three times a week. But sometimes obligations only allow once or twice a week. Always keep your priorities in order. The Bible also teaches us moderation in all things except God.
A great post and I just want to highlight, again, what's in bold.

Scripture > what we think/feel

It's hard to get past that, sometimes, but the sooner we do, the better off we'll be (I'm still constantly battling this).

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Yes you do. Just because you choose not to beleive in God does not mean he doesn't exist. Some of the most devot christians I know were once atheists. I challange you to watch the videos by Lee Strobel. Lee is an investigative jounalist for the Chicago Tribune. A one time atheist he decided to prove that the Bible was a myth. This involved three years of through investigation but he is now a devot christian.
I was a devout Christian once, then I got smacked by logic and basic rationality and couldn't justify that belief any longer. I've seen Strobel's work, and it's quite biased. His entire documentary is him interviewing bible scholars. It's no surprise that they gave him information that supported belief in their god.

Further, just because you believe in god, that doesn't mean he exists. And don't attempt to argue by saying that I should believe because I cannot prove god doesn't exist. If the only requisite for believing in something is that you can't prove it doesn't exist, then you should probably believe in the invisible fairy that lives on the moon and grants wishes for me.

CaseyW

CaseyW

Awards
it gets back to defying what is in written word and as much as we may not like it, scripture is what we are to follow.
*WARNING MAY OFFEND* There are a bunch of great books in the world written by men. The bible is one of the best, filled with great thoughts ideas and teachings.. That's as far as I go with it personally though. If it's your religion I understand and respect your views, but I do not follow the Bible personally as the one true word of "God".

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Scripture > what we think/feel

It's hard to get past that, sometimes, but the sooner we do, the better off we'll be (I'm still constantly battling this).
I'm sorry, but this really tickled my "wow that's awful" bone.

If scripture were truly greater than what anybody thought or felt, then we should still be killing gays and stoning non-virgins. There are many, many instances in which scripture is a clear enemy of thoughts and feelings, and for good reason: the offending scriptures themselves are fundamentally flawed. To be clear, I'm not speaking against scripture in its entirety, just those that are unequivocally offensive. And if you'd like to argue that these are old testament laws and don't apply, there are plenty of offenders in the new testament that I will gladly point out.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Killing gays and stoning virgins was never tought by Jesus. These were man made laws. He taught forgivness and demonstrated it as well. It's obvious that you have made your decision, as have I. But consider this, If I am wrong about the Bible, what have I lost? If I am right, I have gained eternal life and what have you lost? Christianity is unique in that it is the only religion that teaches salvation by grace not by works. All other religions are works based. Except athesm which is basically just ignoring the issue.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established

If scripture were truly greater than what anybody thought or felt, then we should still be killing gays and stoning non-virgins. There are many, many instances in which scripture is a clear enemy of thoughts and feelings, and for good reason: the offending scriptures themselves are fundamentally flawed. To be clear, I'm not speaking against scripture in its entirety, just those that are unequivocally offensive. And if you'd like to argue that these are old testament laws and don't apply, there are plenty of offenders in the new testament that I will gladly point out.
True as we have talked about this in past discussion. You can take it bluntly or metaphorically. This would be easy to compare to a christian that stands on the road with picket signs. To a christian that loves someone unconditionally to help that peraon realize what a christian believes in. to show unconditional love to others. I feel as though the picket signers are missing the point completely...

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
*WARNING MAY OFFEND* There are a bunch of great books in the world written by men. The bible is one of the best, filled with great thoughts ideas and teachings.. That's as far as I go with it personally though. If it's your religion I understand and respect your views, but I do not follow the Bible personally as the one true word of "God".
Then may I ask what you believe in? I cant understand that if you consider yourself a christian why wouldnt you believe in the bible.... Kinda seems missunderstood...

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
lets... not....

Come on guys... the battle for wether or not God exists should be fought out in another thread or through PM's or this thread will quickly run off topic like the others and we will ALL lose out.

GTB

Awards
lets... not....

Come on guys... the battle for wether or not God exists should be fought out in another thread or through PM's or this thread will quickly run off topic like the others and we will ALL lose out.
Good call!

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
This thread was actually directed to Christians. Why then do those who are not Christians feel compelled to interject their views on religion? It's because religious belief strike a cord in all of us. We are all religious beings whether we like it or not.We all have some form of religion either Christian or otherwise.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
This thread was actually directed to Christians. Why then do those who are not Christians feel compelled to interject their views on religion? It's because religious belief strike a cord in all of us. We are all religious beings whether we like it or not.We all have some form of religion either Christian or otherwise.
True. And thanxsourdough.... I got caught up in that..... Lol and I said it from the beginning....

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Killing gays and stoning virgins was never tought by Jesus. These were man made laws. He taught forgivness and demonstrated it as well. It's obvious that you have made your decision, as have I. But consider this, If I am wrong about the Bible, what have I lost? If I am right, I have gained eternal life and what have you lost? Christianity is unique in that it is the only religion that teaches salvation by grace not by works. All other religions are works based. Except athesm which is basically just ignoring the issue.
I am sorry to say, but the NT disagrees with you. I believe it is Revelations 20. Dont remember off hand, but it mentions being judged by their work

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let's keep this from turning into a "what do you believe in" thread; there are plenty of those out there.

I'll say that it is not my intent to judge what anyone else believes and I hope you don't do the same for me.

What I saw in this thread was a chance for fellow believers, who believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God and the only true way to heaven, to help each other grasp an understanding of some things and hash out some misconceptions we may have created for ourselves.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not offended by that at all, so don't feel like you ruffled my feathers or said anything that would upset me. It's all good.

What I'll say, though, is that yes, I believe the Bible comes directly from God and it was simply transcribed by man. That's a whole different debate, though, and there's no real reason to get into that, here.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Christ himself said that old testament law should always be adhered to. If you'd like me to point you to the relevant verses, just ask.

The 'if you're wrong' argument doesn't work. What if you're wrong about all those other religions? You're risking your eternal soul by professing faith in the creator that you do. Had you been born in some other culture, you'd be arguing for belief in that deity instead. The fact is that we're both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you.

You say that your religion teaches salvation by grace and not works, but faith itself is a choice, a work. Truly unconditional love and salvation wouldn't require the work of faith.

I could argue against supernatural belief all day long. It's best if you go ahead and stop trying to plead the case for Christianity. Nobody else wants to see us argue anyway.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
It strikes a cord because of the way most cultures present it to the young and impressionable. It strikes a cord with me, especially, because of the detestable acts carried out daily in the name of religion.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

That's where our differences are.

I think in no way should gays be killed, nor should those who have premarital sex be stoned. I'm simply a believer in Christ; I can't answer this as someone who attended Seminary could/should. I know in Leviticus what is says, but I'm certainly not going to kill a homosexual (just for reference, it's written "should be put to death" and it doesn't say who should kill anyone). I have a few friends who are gay and all I do is pray that God will change their hearts.

Like I said, this thread shouldn't get muddied up the way every other thread about Christianity seems to. I don't want that for this thread. But, what I'll say is that I believe where scripture is written, we, as believers, shouldn't take our own liberties with God's word. Will we one day find out that we weren't supposed to take it so literal? Perhaps. That's not a risk I want to take, though.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
COME ON... every time you guys respond your further dragging off topic... just dont respond if you cant stay on topic or this will avalanche into a huge old debacle off topic.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep. I'm done.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
take it to pms if you have to....