Christian Friends ( <----seriously ) Your opinion, and something I cant define.

GTB

Awards
That gratitude you profess is only necessary based on the supernatural beliefs that you hold. There needn't be any hint of supernatural gratitude for a man to perform good works. Just want to make that clear.

It's unfortunate that living life your way was empty and hollow, but it wasn't because you were without a savior, it was because you made terrible decisions in general. It's possible, and extremely healthy, to assign purpose to your own life and live in a way that brings joy to yourself and others, without faith in a deity that will subject you to torture if your life doesn't meet its requisites.

I will never agree that your god's love is unfailing. The supposed actions of your god towards those who do not believe are that of a tyrant, and not of an all-loving creator.
My friend to summarize your thought you just doubt. It comes down to autonomy, you think you have a better plan for your life. When you do good to others you are happy with yourself, if you are good at something (and I am sure you are) you want the credit for. When you accomplish somthing you want the respect. You are your own god, so as I previously stated Carpe diem! I'll be praying for you

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
My friend to summarize your thought you just doubt. It comes down to autonomy, you think you have a better plan for your life. When you do good to others you are happy with yourself, if you are good at something (and I am sure you are) you want the credit for. When you accomplish somthing you want the respect. You are your own god, so as I previously stated Carpe diem! I'll be praying for you
I doubt very, very strongly, and for many logical reasons.

And yes, I am indeed my own god.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
These last 4-5 posts are getting deep an Intense. IMO

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
The bible actually answers this and even has the word "exercise" in the scriptures.

"for bodily exercise is profitable for a little; but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life which now is, and of that which is to come. - 1 Timothy 4:8

So the bible supports exercise and acknowledges it does have health benefits but exercise isn't going to give you everlasting life. That's why it's only profitable for little.

That all being said anything that interfers with your relationship with God and that you put forth in front of God is not Good. It wouldn't be good to obsess over your body and live your life for bodybuilding. Competition level bodybuilding takes up a lot of your time. Both physically and mentally. Time that can be spent teaching others about God just as Jesus did. Jesus set the example for us on what our priorities should be.

Personally competition level sports of any kind are not a good idea. You really put a lot of your efforts into winning something that doesn't have anything to do with God. When I was a teen I had the opportunity to be developed into a professional athlete. I'am naturally gifted athletically and genetically. Sports came very easy and above all I LOVED them. At the same time I was developing a relationship with God. I started to feel his presence in my life. I had to make a very very difficult decision. Become a professional athlete, make tons of money, and do what I Love and put God on hold or put myself in a position where I can keep God the focal point in my life. I thought to myself, if I go out to the "world" and take what it has to offer it might seem like a great ride for awhile but it's not gonna guarantee me everlasting life. Once the rides over it may be too late for me. I may have forgot about God all together. So after thinking about that for awhile I came to the conclusion to take myself out of competitive sports. It was the hardest decision I've ever had to make and because of the "love of the game" I had there are always times I have moments of regrets but it's no more than in my mind. Not in my heart. The path to life is not easy. The the hardest path anyone can take. The difficulty of this course however provides complete PROOF of everything that is written is true.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The bible actually answers this and even has the word "exercise" in the scriptures.

"for bodily exercise is profitable for a little; but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life which now is, and of that which is to come. - 1 Timothy 4:8

So the bible supports exercise and acknowledges it does have health benefits but exercise isn't going to give you everlasting life. That's why it's only profitable for little.

That all being said anything that interfers with your relationship with God and that you put forth in front of God is not Good. It wouldn't be good to obsess over your body and live your life for bodybuilding. Competition level bodybuilding takes up a lot of your time. Both physically and mentally. Time that can be spent teaching others about God just as Jesus did. Jesus set the example for us on what our priorities should be.

Personally competition level sports of any kind are not a good idea. You really put a lot of your efforts into winning something that doesn't have anything to do with God. When I was a teen I had the opportunity to be developed into a professional athlete. I'am naturally gifted athletically and genetically. Sports came very easy and above all I LOVED them. At the same time I was developing a relationship with God. I started to feel his presence in my life. I had to make a very very difficult decision. Become a professional athlete, make tons of money, and do what I Love and put God on hold or put myself in a position where I can keep God the focal point in my life. I thought to myself, if I go out to the "world" and take what it has to offer it might seem like a great ride for awhile but it's not gonna guarantee me everlasting life. Once the rides over it may be too late for me. I may have forgot about God all together. So after thinking about that for awhile I came to the conclusion to take myself out of competitive sports. It was the hardest decision I've ever had to make and because of the "love of the game" I had there are always times I have moments of regrets but it's no more than in my mind. Not in my heart. The path to life is not easy. The the hardest path anyone can take. The difficulty of this course however complete PROOF of everything that is written.
Why can't you be an athlete and have a relationship with God. I mean it's a job, I can't stop going to my job So I can focus on God because we wouldn't have a place to live and we would starve.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Why can't you be an athlete and have a relationship with God. I mean it's a job, I can't stop going to my job So I can focus on God because we wouldn't have a place to live and we would starve.
You missed the point. You can have a relationship with God but it will be very difficult because of the distractions that would be surrounding you. I'am not telling you to not work, Jesus had a Job and the bible tells us to support our families. The point is whatever you do let it work in harmony with the will of God. The "celebrity" lifestyle isn't a easy one to handle.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You missed the point. You can have a relationship with God but it will be very difficult because of the distractions that would be surrounding you. I'am not telling you to not work, Jesus had a Job and the bible tells us to support our families. The point is whatever you do let it work in harmony with the will of God. The "celebrity" lifestyle isn't a easy one to handle.
I remember when Evander Holyfield was heavyweight champ all he ever talked about when they handed him the Mic was Jesus this and God that. Just Saying.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
But I know what you're getting at.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I remember when Evander Holyfield was heavyweight champ all he ever talked about when they handed him the Mic was Jesus this and God that. Just Saying.

The irony is boxing is a violent sport and God "HATES" violence. People can talk all they want. Faith alone isn't gonna get you life.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The irony is boxing is a violent sport and God "HATES" violence. People can talk all they want. Faith alone isn't gonna get you life.
I always thought it was ridiculous how he thanked God for helping him win. Like God wants to help him to beat another man unconscious to the point that he physically can not get up.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
The irony is that the biblical god really doesn't behave as one that "hates" violence.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I always thought it was ridiculous how he thanked God for helping him win. Like God wants to help him to beat another man unconscious to the point that he physically can not get up.

Atleast someone gets it ;) There's no reason anyone should think God cares about sports period. Let alone violent ones. I still love sports till this day but there's no place for God in sports.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
oh so theres no such thing as evil?
Also america "in God we trust" does this meen in all od the wars we have won, does that mean this would added to the tally.... I think islam would have a bigger tally. But your not worried about them are you?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The irony is that the biblical god really doesn't behave as one that "hates" violence.
this is actually kinda true. Think of all the smiting that goes on, heck look at Leviticus and all of the damn to "hell" or stoning for certain crimes. The OT is an angry book. That would explain why god loves boxing and MMA ;)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That sounds like a very interesting read actually...
It is quite interesting. I highly recommend it as the scholarship and the authors credentials are top notch

Travel was permitted and encouraged such times, I am sure that such stories were spread throughout the world. The notion that Babylon played such a central role as not only a place of knowledge and learning, would draw people from far away lands. It was also customary to indoctrinate a defeated , and allow them assimilate into your culture. The assyrians would spilt the defeated people into multiple locations in order to dilute the ethnicity or nationalism.Abraham was Chaldean, however is not listed as an author of any biblical books. The bible stats, Abraham was called out from the Chaldeans, because man had created their own laws, and had become very powerful(history indicates that
by the technological advances made by the Sumerians and Egyptians). Genesis 10 state Nimrod united to the people to build the tower of
Babel. I am not dismissing the validity or credibility of mythological stories.Judaism identifies good and evil. God and satan. The two are diametrically opposed. God being light and satan being darkness. The absence of God leaves man to his own devices which are towards sin. It did not even take one generation for men to failure. IMO, similarity of the stories are like counterfeit dollar bills, they may look the same, smell the same, and someone may unwittingly accept it for a real dollar, but in the end they are as worthless as the paper printed, regardless of how elaborate. We were all designed to worship, some have settled for less than the best. Satan is a worthless god, peddling worthless stories.The sad part is for many they are deceived , blinded by the lies, because the truth requires accountabilty for ones actions.
I am not sure if you are insinuating that earlier stories are the lies of the devil, if so, than that would make ,many a christian tradition also a lie of satan. As christians "borrowed" the same stories, as did judaism.

GTB

Awards
It is quite interesting. I highly recommend it as the scholarship and the authors credentials are top notch

I am not sure if you are insinuating that earlier stories are the lies of the devil, if so, than that would make ,many a christian tradition also a lie of satan. As christians "borrowed" the same stories, as did judaism.
That would be classified as an opinion.

GTB

Awards
Welcome. I have read through your post. Can you clarify your statement?

GTB

Awards
this is actually kinda true. Think of all the smiting that goes on, heck look at Leviticus and all of the damn to "hell" or stoning for certain crimes. The OT is an angry book. That would explain why god loves boxing and MMA ;)
The actions you referred to were set as deterrents , so that man did not mistreat man. We have a laws, are you against the death penalty?

GTB

Awards
Atleast someone gets it ;) There's no reason anyone should think God cares about sports period. Let alone violent ones. I still love sports till this day but there's no place for God in sports.
It is hard to believe that an acknowledgement of God is meant for His glorification. There are so many that do it now it has become a trend. However, in the case of a certain new phenom. IMO that he thanks God for a platform to bring glory to His name, not for the outcome. Regardless of the outcome in any contest, God is Lord, and we are still children. The concept of prayer is so misunderstood, because of how it is presented.(If you want something pray, if you need something pray, If you want God's favor pray.) Name it and claim it , and blab it and grab are far from the principles of prayer. The opportunity to converse with Almighty has become a racket. Prayer is personal time with God so that our heart can line up with His will. He does not play favorites. The apostle Paul stated in Romans 2:11 "God does not show partiality". Salvation is available to everyone, Jesus paid for the sins of the world(all inclusive).
He also writes that it rains on the just and the unjust. The difference is who gives God the glory.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you talking about what I posted about Evander Holyfield.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That would be classified as an opinion.
Which is an opinion? His credentials (not an opinion)? or the term borrowed? Also not an opinion, it has been shown over and over again that traditions were borroed

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The actions you referred to were set as deterrents , so that man did not mistreat man. We have a laws, are you against the death penalty?
So in essence, deterrents set up by a supreme being for people that he/she created in their own image?

Laws and deterrents are set up because those in power know people will violate them. So god knew the creations in his image were going to violate the law? Interesting image of a supreme being ;)

As far as the death penalty....it will depend on the crime/evidence where it is applied

GTB

Awards
So in essence, deterrents set up by a supreme being for people that he/she created in their own image?

Laws and deterrents are set up because those in power know people will violate them. So god knew the creations in his image were going to violate the law? Interesting image of a supreme being ;)

As far as the death penalty....it will depend on the crime/evidence where it is applied
Well were off to a good start seems to me you are basing your reply with understand that God ominscient. Yes, God did know that man would fail, and also made a provision for restoration. Bibically in His image implies a tricotomy, mind , soul , and spirit. I do not believe in pre destination(another debate altogether). God gave man a free will , and we exercised it. The result of our choices have consequences. Would you agree?

If man did not have free will he would be considered a slave would he not. I have read the referrence several times on this board.By definition a slave is someone held against their own free will.

The scripture an "eye for an eye" is taken out of context, as is much of Christianity today. Christianity today is far from Christlike, I would not apply this universally but with regards to what an unbelieving world has witnessed. The reason for such deviation is twofold in my opinion The denial of the existence of Satan. If you don't believe you have an adversary you certainly won't be prepared for one, and the miniscual role of the Holy Spirit in the daily lives of beleivers. We are not called to live in our own strength , yet we do , until we are need in of intervention(prayer is the primary vehicle at this point). As a historian , I hope that you can agree that while the knowledge of man doubles every seven years, the advancement in the abilty to reason and communicate has diminished significantly. People don't think , they react. Concerning the death penalty, I agree with you, but I would add that death is not much of deterrent anymore.

armoondog

Awards
Interesting.

I've always thought that I am glorifying God and my body which is his temple, when I train.
I agree totally with DkGreek on this. I consider myself a good Christian and always strive to be better. What I get from 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 is that my body is a temple and from v20, I should Glorify Him in the way I use it. This is a subject that's up for interpretation, but it says you don't belong to yourselves (u belong to God), so I feel that anything I do to improve myself Glorifies Him as long as it's not in excess.

Like this thread; I think it's a valid point to keep in mind.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
It is difficult to reconcile the God of the old testament and the God of the new testament. On one hand God appears to be a God of wrath, on the other a God of love and forgivness. To understand the Bible you cannot just read it you must study it. I have for over 40 years and I still have many questions but I have also learned a great deal. You must understand that God deals with his people diffierently in different dispensations. Much the same way we deal with out children. When they are young we discipline them differently than when they are older. There are basically seven dispensations outline in scripture. We are currently in the era of Grace. The next despensation will be the Tribulation period which is fast approaching. This will once again be a very harsh period in history.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Welcome. I have read through your post. Can you clarify your statement?

[SUP]"[/SUP] For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, even so faith apart from works is dead". -James 2:26

You can praise the Lord all you want but it's your actions that show how well you really know him.

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. [SUP]22[/SUP] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? [SUP]23[/SUP] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. -"Matthew 7:21-23

There has to be actions behind your faith. You have to actually be doing the will of God.

Reactions: BBB
ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Also america "in God we trust" does this meen in all od the wars we have won, does that mean this would added to the tally.... I think islam would have a bigger tally. But your not worried about them are you?
"In god we trust" was added to our currency and such as an afterthought in the 1950's. Just so ya know.

And I'm most certainly worried about Islam. It's a great offender as far as atrocities committed in the name of god/religion go, even a blind man can see that.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well were off to a good start seems to me you are basing your reply with understand that God ominscient. Yes, God did know that man would fail, and also made a provision for restoration. Bibically in His image implies a tricotomy, mind , soul , and spirit. I do not believe in pre destination(another debate altogether). God gave man a free will , and we exercised it. The result of our choices have consequences. Would you agree?

If man did not have free will he would be considered a slave would he not. I have read the referrence several times on this board.By definition a slave is someone held against their own free will.

The scripture an "eye for an eye" is taken out of context, as is much of Christianity today. Christianity today is far from Christlike, I would not apply this universally but with regards to what an unbelieving world has witnessed. The reason for such deviation is twofold in my opinion The denial of the existence of Satan. If you don't believe you have an adversary you certainly won't be prepared for one, and the miniscual role of the Holy Spirit in the daily lives of beleivers. We are not called to live in our own strength , yet we do , until we are need in of intervention(prayer is the primary vehicle at this point). As a historian , I hope that you can agree that while the knowledge of man doubles every seven years, the advancement in the abilty to reason and communicate has diminished significantly. People don't think , they react. Concerning the death penalty, I agree with you, but I would add that death is not much of deterrent anymore.
so, you do not consider the theist a slave? There have been many instances here where people (theists) have acknowledged believing out of fear of damnation to hell. That is not free will. Therefore those theists are slaves

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"In god we trust" was added to our currency and such as an afterthought in the 1950's. Just so ya know.

And I'm most certainly worried about Islam. It's a great offender as far as atrocities committed in the name of god/religion go, even a blind man can see that.
yes, but sadly Christianity is on par. Think of the inquisition

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Bibically in His image implies a tricotomy, mind , soul , and spirit.
I must have missed the part where the bible explicitly lays out this definition of "in His image," or maybe it's just your opinion?

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
As a historian , I hope that you can agree that while the knowledge of man doubles every seven years, the advancement in the abilty to reason and communicate has diminished significantly. People don't think , they react. .
AMEN to that! A big problem today is that many people have so much knowledge but know NOTHING at the same time. They store just a bunch of useless information. The truly wise man is able to decipher what is useful and what is not. To me that is true genius. You must be able to see the things that are right in front of you. Common sense is of the utmost importance and what people lack the most today.

I saw a Dr. for some lower back pain. He didn't believe I needed to get a x-ray on my lower back because he said "People your age typically don't have lower back pain". How does that make any sense? You can become injured at any age. His knowledge was probably based on stats and not common sense.

I made a comment in a previous thread about why people don't believe in God. It's deep rooted. It's not logical. It is purely emotional. They might start out where they say "There's no proof of God" but if they are truly open to a discussion you will ALWAYS find a emotional reason. I promise you that.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I saw a Dr. for some lower back pain. He didn't believe I needed to get a x-ray on my lower back because he said "People your age typically don't have lower back pain". How does that make any sense? You can become injured at any age. His knowledge was probably based on stats and not common sense.

I made a comment in a previous thread about why people don't believe in God. It's deep rooted. It's not logical. It is purely emotional. They might start out where they say "There's no proof of God" but if they are truly open to a discussion you will ALWAYS find a emotional reason. I promise you that.
First...get a new doctor :)

Second, in essence atheism is not logical, but I am going to assume theism is?

GTB

Awards
First...get a new doctor :)

Second, in essence atheism is not logical, but I am going to assume theism is?
Careful with assumptions, this a dialogue: right? We can explain our thoughts.
Christianity (theism) should be approached as science as well. It should be researched, investigated and tested. The problem with most of the research is the main text is left out, or reviewed in part. A thorough investigation(historically and hermenuetically) will prove to be beneficial for everyone. Each person has their own ideology and , it is made up of what they expose themselves to. How many pieces of information do you think that you have stored as fact that you have never seen personally, but have taken the word of another source. The number would stagger you. My thought is how much of what we believe do we own due to our own research. Every Christian has a personal relationship with Author of time and space. History= His Story

GTB

Awards
I must have missed the part where the bible explicitly lays out this definition of "in His image," or maybe it's just your opinion?
You should open the bible, it's in there . It would be to easy to direct you to it. Investigation , the key to learning.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Are you actually claiming disbelief is illogical and emotionally rooted, or is that a typo? For the thinking atheist, disbelief is based on logic and a willingness to throw off the emotional ties of theism. All faith in the supernatural has a strong emotional component, and that is what compels it most.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
You should open the bible, it's in there . It would be to easy to direct you to it. Investigation , the key to learning.
Interesting. I like to think I have a respectable knowledge of the bible. Since I'm apparently lacking, why don't you direct me to the proper scriptures?

GTB

Awards
yes, but sadly Christianity is on par. Think of the inquisition
Yes, the inquisition, don't forget the crusades. One of my favorite subjects. History of the World part 1 with Mel Brooks my favorite version. PLease do not attibute Catholic atrocities to the Christian church, The cathoilic (universa)l church has long been seperated from Protestant theology . If you want to go after Protestants Can you say witch hunt?

GTB

Awards
Interesting. I like to think I have a respectable knowledge of the bible. Since I'm apparently lacking, why don't you direct me to the proper scriptures?
It is better to teach a man to fish, than to provide the fish for him.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Sorry couldn't resist...

GTB

Awards
so, you do not consider the theist a slave? There have been many instances here where people (theists) have acknowledged believing out of fear of damnation to hell. That is not free will. Therefore those theists are slaves
I have no fear of hell, it has already been conquered. Theist ,that fear hell are subject to poor theology. "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7 Fear is for those you have something to be afraid of. The word for fear in the Hebrew is translated reverence, awe, as in admiration, to be clear. In the greek fear is defined as such a feminine noun timidity, fearfulness, cowardice If people have a fear of hell because they are relying on their works to save them, or a set of religous routines, and rituals, they indeed should be afraid.

GTB

Awards
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Sorry couldn't resist...
Thanks for the correction, I was going off memory. I never heard the part about religion personal addendum?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
In other words, you don't actually know of a scripture that explicitly lays this out? If it's not that, then I'd like to point out that your unwillingness to aid in the return of a sheep who has strayed from the flock glaringly goes against the teachings of your Christ.

In case you missed the reference there:

Luke 15: 4-7
[SUP]4[/SUP] “What man among you, who has 100 sheep and loses one of them,does not leave the 99 in the open field[SUP][a][/SUP] and go after the lost one until he finds it?[SUP]5[/SUP] When he has found it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders,[SUP]6[/SUP] and coming home, he calls his friends and neighbors together, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, because I have found my lost sheep!’[SUP]7[/SUP] I tell you, in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous people who don’t need repentance.

Oh, and you mentioned teaching a man to fish, but you taught me nothing. You threw out an overused proverb without any instruction.

GTB

Awards
Genesis 1:26
1 Thessalonians 5:23
You will need a lexicon, and general understanding of Hebrew and Greek. Aramaic was only used in the Old Testament book of Daniel, and by Jesus on the Cross.

GTB

Awards
In other words, you don't actually know of a scripture that explicitly lays this out? If it's not that, then I'd like to point out that your unwillingness to aid in the return of a sheep who has strayed from the flock glaringly goes against the teachings of your Christ.

In case you missed the reference there:

Luke 15: 4-7
[SUP]4[/SUP] “What man among you, who has 100 sheep and loses one of them,does not leave the 99 in the open field[SUP][a][/SUP] and go after the lost one until he finds it?[SUP]5[/SUP] When he has found it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders,[SUP]6[/SUP] and coming home, he calls his friends and neighbors together, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, because I have found my lost sheep!’[SUP]7[/SUP] I tell you, in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous people who don’t need repentance.

Oh, and you mentioned teaching a man to fish, but you taught me nothing. You threw out an overused proverb without any instruction.
May God bless your efforts, and open your eyes. I Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Genesis 1:26
1 Thessalonians 5:23
You will need a lexicon, and general understanding of Hebrew and Greek. Aramaic was only used in the Old Testament book of Daniel, and by Jesus on the Cross.
Aww. That's better. Thanks.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, the inquisition, don't forget the crusades. One of my favorite subjects. History of the World part 1 with Mel Brooks my favorite version. PLease do not attibute Catholic atrocities to the Christian church, The cathoilic (universa)l church has long been seperated from Protestant theology . If you want to go after Protestants Can you say witch hunt?
While separate, it is still formed from under the same umbrella. In essence what I am trying to say is that had that religion originally not been created the atrocities would not have occurred as they did. So therefore, Christianity is still at the root of the atrocity.