Chemical Weapon Barrage! - Unleashing Muscle Pharm's "Hardcore" Stack!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Before Pics

Kill Billner!
ROFLMFAO! Yeah, he was a little punk...

Anyways, I promised some pics, so here they are. Honestly, I'm feeling pretty small and fat currently, and one of my purposes for this log is to spur myself on so that at the end I can actually post some decent pics. Also, I apologize, I am horrible at posing, so I'm sure I don't present myself as well as could be possible.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Nice pics. You don't look fat at all holmes. You have some serious mass on you.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your back has some real beefyness to the top of it. You're really holding a lot of muscle, just with a little fat on top. Six weeks into some hard dieting and you'll look solid as hell.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Nice thread so far,.. highly interested in these products. Keep up the good work Resolve!!!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys, I really am hoping to drop some flab - high frequency has worked before for simultaneous hypertrophy and fat-loss, so we will see. Either way, I'm the strongest I've ever been and I have been much higher in BF in the past. This is a reasonable amount that I am confident I can drop. :)

Honestly, I really wanted to throw a thermogen in the mix with everything too, but I just can't afford it.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks guys, I really am hoping to drop some flab - high frequency has worked before for simultaneous hypertrophy and fat-loss, so we will see. Either way, I'm the strongest I've ever been and I have been much higher in BF in the past. This is a reasonable amount that I am confident I can drop. :)

Honestly, I really wanted to throw a thermogen in the mix with everything too, but I just can't afford it.
PM sent.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of bulletproof, I can start my crazy dreams tonight!! woohoo!!!

With my 3 tubs of Bulletproof,

I got free shipping, a free 2009 Status fitness calendar(all females) and a Status magazine......... This is a first. Thank you musclepharm. I usually get samples of products which is great, but this is awesome.:cheers:

Attachments

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
^ Sweet deal!

Resolve, you've definitely got a nice, solid frame to work with! Take your diet seriously and train hard and you'll be where you want in no time!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Shaddow.

Now, I also got one of those status calendars and mags... I had considered throwing it in with the prizes for the MP October Referral promo... Any other ideas what I should do with it? I don't need it.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, guess nobody want's the calendar...

Internet has been a real pain today - signal very weak, so this update is later that I would have liked. Today was a moderate carb day and yesterday, being a recovery day, was low carb. Also, yesterday I did not take any MP products, as I will be using them on lifting days only.

Assault:Another full scoop 30mins before lifting. Taking it is like getting a small treat for going to the gym, it just tastes great. However, I had some rough nausea today. I am going to pull back to half a dose again tomorrow, to determine if it is, in fact, Assault that is causing it. I did feel alert, energetic and pumped to be lifting, it was just somewhat jaded by nausea. This actually helped me push myself though: I just kept asking myself "what kind of pussy let's some queasiness slow them down?" In result, my rest periods were short (mostly ~30sec) and my stamina held through to the end.

Battle Fuel: As mentioned above, I was able to push myself despite my upset stomach - my aggression and desire to succeed are both elevated. I went into the gym excited to be there and ready to kick ass - determined to prove my manhood, I suppose. I wanted to be lifting, and lifting hard. Also, sex drive is high and little things that normally would have no effect are "waking things up" downstairs.

The Workout: 3x12supersets

Wide-Stance Squats: 275
Bent Rows: 185

Split Squats: 95
BB Military Press: 125

Incline Press: 215
Standing Calf Raise (Feet angled out): 350

Wide-stance squats I have not done in over a year - they are so much easier than my normal medial stance! Even taking it past-parallel, the bar felt much lighter. The military presses were a disappointment, but they just bring to light an area I can improve. The split-squats, oh my gosh, even with only 95lb my legs were burning like hell! They are an awesome post-squat movement to really obliderate your quads and glutes. In retrospect, the stomach issues may really have hindered my abilities in that second superset.

Additionally, considering that the first two supersets were composed entirely of free-standing lifts moving through a variety of planes, my core was phenomenally worked.

Taking Bullet Proof again tonight - I'll letcha know how Billner dies tomorrow morning!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know BF has HMB in it which always makes me a little queasy, but I don't know about Assault. Is it in there, too? I'm too lazy to look.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not seeing HMB in the ingredients... I could be missing it of course...
Then I'm sure it's just the fact that it's a lot of stuff. I will definitely be trying some of this stuff at some point.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Wide-stance squats... nice! I used to do them a VERY long time ago... maybe 6-7 years ago. Haven't done them in ages.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Then I'm sure it's just the fact that it's a lot of stuff. I will definitely be trying some of this stuff at some point.
Yeah, that's been my assumption too - I'm just unaccustomed to such a large amount of supps. I mean, I used coffee as my pre-workout supp - that's a big change, so I'll take it slow and acclimate myself over time.

Wide-stance squats... nice! I used to do them a VERY long time ago... maybe 6-7 years ago. Haven't done them in ages.
Me neither, I stick with a medium stance mainly for better quad activation. I was seriously shocked giving these a try again.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wide-stance is definitely a little easier since it enables your glutes more.

I'm excited for tomorrow. I'll be doing Quads and I am going to throw the hack-squat in. I haven't done those in forever but I remember loving them.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Machine.

I've never heard of BB Hack Squats. Do they exist?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Heck yeah - they're a beast though. Set the barbell on the ground, step in front of it so the bar is behind your ankles by a few inches. Squat down and reach back, keeping yourself as vertical as possible. Grab the bar with a snatch-grip and lift. It helps to have your heels elevated slightly on a couple of plates.

It's murder on the quads and I usually end up hitting my calves on the way up because of my long legs.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HECK YEAH! This is more like it!

I just had the BEST workout I have experienced in a very long time.
Heavy, PR setting weights felt light, I felt incredibly psyched-up the entire workout, and my aggression was unparalleled! No nausea, just focus, drive and lots of weight.

Bullet Proof: I didn't to post on this before leaving for the gym, so I'm including it here. Switching meals 5 and 6 is the way to go - taking BP immediately before bed and eating nothing until breakfast makes the effects exponentially more felt.
Sleep Duration:11pm-7:20am
Quality:Deep, restorative, rejuvenating. I woke up feeling entirely ready for the day - I have experienced none of the drowsiness that others have reported upon first waking - my eyes open and I feel goooooood. :afro: Most of the soreness from yesterday's workout was gone, and I felt definitively recovered, like good sleep should do.
Dreams: So, I'm robbing Bill Murray's apartment (I blame Manimalia and his log) and I clean it out for it's worth. I'm living high on the hog, but apparently, I'm also a clinical researcher, and I'm using my ill-gotten gains to buy equipment for my lab. You know, gold test-tube racks, spatulas and heart-rate monitors as well as plasma tvs and hiring a masseuse: stuff every lab should have! But apparently, in robbing his place, I took everything Bill Murray had, so to earn some cash he participates in whatever study I'm conducting. I walk over to his bed and tell the nurse: "The subjects daily intake should be increased by 500 calories, of equal parts puppies, cats and pigs." That was the end of the dream, I liked this one despite it's weirdness...

Assault: Reduced dose to 1/2scoop and just felt AMAZING! Nausea-free, tons of energy, drive and focus. This is EVERY workout should be - and this was the last workout in a long grueling week of them; I'd expect to be drained, but today's was the best yet. I finished lifting and felt like I was just warming up. I'll be sticking with a 1/2scoop for the time being.
Battle Fuel:I was so psyched and aggressive today, I was switching between Decline Bench and Romanian Deads with almost no rest (as fast as I could get from position to position). This held true through all movements, despite the fact that I was lifting more weight than ever before on a lot of them. I was pushing myself and I liked it!

The Workout: 4x6supersets

Decline Bench: 285 (PR)
w/Romanian Deads: 365 (PR)

Wide-Grip Lat-pulls: 270
w/Skull Crushers: 160 (PR)

Seated Calf Raises: 195 (Feet angled out)
Standing Cable Crunches: 90

The Romanian Dead PR is for Romanian Deads only; my regular deadlift record for 6reps is 390 iirc. Still, I was pleased. Decline Bench surprised me - what with the incline presses I did yesterday, I thought I would have been much more sore than I was. For the lat-pulls, I would have preferred doing weighted pull-ups, but I forgot my dipping belt and had to improvise. And, if you haven't tried standing ab work like those cable crunches, I would definitely reccommend it - they're a great support move for the "core" that has really helped my squat, dead and push-press.

And, now I'm sad, because I have to wait until Monday to do this again! :( On the other hand...on Monday, I get to do this again! :woohoo:

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Bro... your dreams are kinda along the lines of mine.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since you're only using 1/2 scoop, maybe pick up some BA and toss it in there?

Awesome job on the workout, dude. I love those days.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you logging your dreams in your USP/MST log, Foggy? I've been meaning to get over there and check it out...

As for adding in BA, IC, if I were logging this for the heck of it, I would add some stuff to the Assault, but as it is sponsored, I feel I should keep it with just the MP stuff, to really test what they're worth. To be honest, though, even at a 1/2 scoop I did not feel Assault was lacking in any way.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Are you logging your dreams in your USP/MST log, Foggy? I've been meaning to get over there and check it out...

As for adding in BA, IC, if I were logging this for the heck of it, I would add some stuff to the Assault, but as it is sponsored, I feel I should keep it with just the MP stuff, to really test what they're worth. To be honest, though, even at a 1/2 scoop I did not feel Assault was lacking in any way.
I logged a couple of interesting dreams. But I don't make it a daily evaluation... As a matter of fact, the log is pretty much dead because I can't scavange the energy/motivation to continue exercising right now at this point in the year, or in my life. I'm just BURNT out on top of other important factors...

Log on!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Priorities have to change based upon the situation of your life as a whole - if there are other things that must be focused upon, there is nothing wrong with tending to those "other factors."

You're dedicated to your fitness, your burnout will subside and you'll take care of your other factors and come roaring back.

Sorry to hear your log is lagging, but that might just give me a chance to catch-up on it. :)

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Night 4 with Bullet Proof

Tried watching the Opera "Carmen" last night on DVD. Call me crazy, but I like Opera now and again, and the libretto to Carmen is one my favorites. I had not seen the actual opera, however, until last night. It's effects were quite similar to Bullet Proof: time seemed to slow down and all I wanted to do was go to sleep. It was boring and the people were ugly as hell - I stick to listening to the music every once in a while. Or turn that DVD back on when I run out of BP and having imsomnia.

Sleep Duration:11pm-8:20am

Quality:A little warm at first again, but I drifted off quick enough, and once I was out, I was OUT. I have not been waking throughout the night, as I do sometimes without BP. Still awaking feeling rested and refreshed, without grogginess.

Dreams:Unfortunately, I cannot remember what I dreamt of last night. I know there was something involving a mop, somebody had hair like a mop or something, but nothing else remains. I will edit it in if anything comes back to me, but for know that's all I know.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I enjoy a little opera here and there myself. Sometimes I'll listen to it while grocery shopping.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 8

Alterations/additions: Upon waking, immediately after my ALCAR + BCAAs, I am now performing an ab circuit consisting of: hand walk-outs, contralateral hand-to-toe touches, leg slides and bicycle crunches.

Also, I will be increasing calories by 150kcal/day, in the form of 1C milk.

This Morning I weighed in at: 235lbs. This is a 2lb loss and while I think I have lost a bit of fat, I would like at the least to maintain weight, hence the calorie increase. Here is an update pic, what do you think? Not a drastic change, but progress, imo.

Note that this was taken at the end of a low carb day with <50g: I have absolutely no pump going and I am totally relaxed.

Assault: I was sleepy this morning, but downing just a 1/2scoop of Assault cleared the haze and had me focused and centered on the workout ahead of me while I was even still driving to the gym. 1/2 scoop is still all I need and considering the effects of a full scoop on my digestive track, I'll be sticking with it until I find I need more. Rest periods are remaining short, while endurance and strength are increasing. IMO, today's workout is the hardest of the week, and I was covered in sweat by the time it was over, but I was still able to complete it in just under an hour (which is always my goal). In other words, I had lots of energy.

Battle Fuel: This stuff makes you wanna roar! As I continue taking it, it's effects become more noticeable. I was rocking-out and psyching myself up with the Jimmy-eat-world and Linkin Park the gym had playing (even though I don't particularly like those groups) and felt like a freaking gorilla. Aggression was an understatement; this was a pre-football- playoff-helmet-bashing-face-screaming testosterone rush. I LIKED it! :head:

Today's lifts: 5x6 supersets (note the addition of another set)

Squats: 315
w/Bent Rows: 215

Barbell Lunges: 135
w/Seated Shoulder Press: 90 Dbs

Narrow Grip Incline Press: 205
Standing Calf Raises: 370(4sec eccentric, 2sec pause at stretch point)

I opted to add another set rather than increase weight, to help accustom myself to higher volume, as volume is only going to increase extensively in the coming weeks. It was interesting to note that set 4 of my squats was far more difficult than set 5: short term neural adaptation perhaps? Bent Rows were just too light last week, so I upped 'em 10lbs - much better, center back is good and tight. All 5 sets of shoulder presses were with 90lb per arm today, that's a good improvement over last week's 2sets with 90. Also, supersetting them with barbell lunges is murder on the delts, though the bb lunge is easier on the legs than the DB version.

Looking forward to tomorrow's workout - the last couple of sessions have just rocked.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 9

I was on-the-go all day yesterday and by the time I got home, I was just beat and ready for bed. So my apologies for this update being a day late. That being said, yesterday’s workout continued in the trend of totally kicking a$$!

Bullet Proof:
Day 8’s pre-bed bout of bullet proof was the first after having read BB12’s final review on the product. He describes the flavor as being very similar to Cantaloupe. So, I took this dose with this in mind and, all of a sudden, I don’t mind the taste anymore – in fact, it’s pretty good. It’s not a bourbon on the rocks, but associating it’s taste with Cantaloupe makes it downright enjoyable.
Sleep Duration: 11pm-7:45am
Sleep Quality: I was out. Head hit the pillow and that was it until the sun started shining through the window
Dreams: I’m living in an apparently haunted apartment complex. I’m eating breakfast and tormented, wailing faces, the kind that appear in walls and doors in haunted house movies, start rising up in my yogurt. So I leave the room and lock the door, and for some reason the ghosts can’t get through. Looking outside the window, there are zombies; some of them people, but the majority of them are zombie rottweilers. So I run to the closet and pull out a .45 automatic, only this handgun is massive: a good 18” high and 18” around. I kick open the front door and start blazing away and hear gunfire from some other point in the complex. Following the shots, I find an enormously pregnant woman just deluging the zombies with an AK-47. From this point on out, it was just a zombie massacre. Another fine example of why you should never mess with a pregnant woman – they’ll shoot ya and won’t bat an eye!

Assault: 1/2dose is still more than doing the trick. I formerly used coffee and antioxidants as my pre-workout because I found my sessions were just as intense and driven as when using a supp; and I have tried a good number of pwo mixes. The only two products that honestly made a positive impact without any negative sides were Hypertrop-X and JP8. Assault, even at a 1/2dose is right up there at the top with those two: I’m going into the gym feeling like a million bucks, setting PRs and cramming large workouts into short periods of time and going home still feeling functional.

Battle Fuel: This is a really becoming a noticeable factor in the gym, especially on higher rep (12) days, like yesterday. There were several times where I’d get to rep 9 and start having difficulty; anger and determination would flare, I’d see red, and hit 3 more reps no problem

The Workout: 3x12supersets

Podium Deadlifts: 325
w/ Weighted Dips: BW+25

Supinated Lat Pulldowns: 225 (with 1sec held in contracted position)
w/ Db Triceps Extenstions: 65 Dbs

Seated Calf Raises: 190
w/ Twist Hanging Leg Raises

Reverse Cable Curls: 130

The deads were great, 325 felt good and I’m looking forward to slapping some more poundage on there. Lat pulls are crazy when you hold the bar in the bottom, contracted position every rep – it works your biceps like none-other and fatigues your system quick. Hence, my reduction from BW chin-ups to 225 lat-pulls; I couldn’t hold the contracted position with BW for 12reps, and this is a technique I’ve really been enjoying recently. For the reverse cable curls, I employed a Gironda Technique: I began my reps leaning back and as the I raised the bar, I slowly rocked forward, so as to maintain maximum tension on my arms throughout full ROM. If you've never tried it, it's a great
way to get the most out of your curls and to prevent yourself from cheating on form.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bullet Proof for the Night of Day 9

The Bullet Proof feedback in the post above was for Day 8. This post is to record last night's (Day 9's) experience.

Now that I am expecting the cantaloupe taste, I am liking it's flavor. Regardless, though, the stuff is working well, so I'd take it even if it tasted like crap. An interesting effect that I was not expecting is it's satiety value. I am waking up feeling still full from the previous night, not ravenous as I usually do when just on ZMA. I am not sure to what this is due, but if I am still full then I am most likely not catabolic when I wake, which is definitely a good thing.

Sleep Duration: 10:30pm-7:20am
Sleep Quality: Continues to satisfy. Feeling "bright-eyed and bushy-tailed" in the mornings (does that old proverb strike anyone else as being a little... iffy?) as if I'd slept for much longer.

Dreams: Nada. Nothing to report here today, guys, sorry. I just keep waiting for Billner to come back...:smite:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 11

Yesterday afternoon I had the pleasure of watching my little brother play in his first football playoff game. He's in junior high, but the kid is a beast - 6'0", 193. His team won 20 to 12 and he had 12tackles, 3 of which were sacks, ~140 rushing, and a blocked punt. The best part is, this was sub-par for him, as he has a cold. I was freaking proud of my baby brother!

Anyways, I didn't sleep particularly well last night (it was a night off of BP) and woke up feeling pretty fatigued. Still, I pulled myself up, got myself going and managed a decent, if draining session.

Assault: What can I say? The stuff woke me up on the way to the gym and kept me going while I was there. By the time my last superset rolled around, I just wanted to sleep, but I had the mental drive and strength still to push through and make progress.

Battle Fuel: I cannot say that I felt particularly aggressive today, it was more just a grim determination to push through the haze in my head. Today's workout has been the hardest this week, and I am pleased with myself. Still, I will give Battle Fuel this - throughout the workout I had a fighting mentality - I was battling against my fatigue, and imo, I won.

My Workout: 3x12supersets

Wide-Stance Squats: 280
w/Supinated Bent Rows: 195

Split Squats: 50 Dbs
w/ Military Press: 125

Incline Press: 215
Standing Calf Raise: 370 (Feet angled out)

280 is my current squat PR for 12reps, if I can increase this next time I try sets of 12, I will be ecstatic. I was still pleased to move this much considering my fatigue. Used Dbs instead of a BB for the split squats - weight increased and I fet it more in my quads and glutes with the DBs. Military stays stuck at a measly 125, and it really seemed to be my core more than anything else that was the limiting factor: it was just so worked from squats, rows and split squats that I was having trouble keeping my abs and lower back tight. Oh well - it's just room for improvement. This workout is incredible for conditioning - the compound movement coupled just send your heart rate through the roof and keep it there! OOF. Anyways, I'm going home and taking a nap.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 12

A strong finish, just as with last week. I'm wondering if there is some sort of endocrinological overflow from yesterdays workout carrying into today, because weight was up and I felt energetic, aggressive and alert.

Bullet Proof:Now that it's "cantaloupe" this stuff continues to taste good.
Sleep Duration:11pm-8am
Quality: After how fatigued I was yesterday, BP was the final touch - I took it and that was that. Crawled into bed and had noooo problems falling or staying unconscious.
Dreams: Actually had several shorts ones: First, I'm in the diner in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", y'know where the Principal tells the girl "Your a$$ is mine!"? I'm playing one of the video games and it's called "The Adventures of Furazadrol and Oxyguno." Guess I just had PHs on the mind for some reason. Next dream I'm standing out in the snow and a little girl is clinging to my leg saying "Don't go Daddy, don't leave" and I just keep responding "I don't have any kids." Finally, I'm back in college and some professor is telling the class how anyone who believes in God is a total fag and idiot. This got me mad and I started raving about he was a bigot and discriminating against each individuals constitutional right to believe whatever religion they want without being censured or labeled. Apparently, I felt pretty strongly about it.

Assault:1/2dose is still cutting it, but I'm going to give a full scoop another try on Monday. If it doesn't make me nauseous, it can only make my workout even better. Stamina was really high today and, whereas I was beat yesterday, I finished today feeling hyped and relaxed.

Battle Fuel: No particular aggression today, however I really felt ready to bust out some PRs - I could just feel it walking into the Gym and sure enough, I set a few.

The Workout: 5x6supersets

Romanian Deadlifts: 385 (PR)
w/ Weighted Dips: BW+70

Wide-grip Weighted Pullups: BW+35 (PR, I think...)
w/ Standing Cable Skull Crushers: 200 (4sec eccentric)

Calf Raises: 225 (Feet Angled Out, 4sec eccentric & PR, but it's calf-raises, so who cares?)
w/ Standing Cable Crunches: 100

Reverse Fatbar DB Curls: 40

Yep, my RDLs went up 20lb since last week, for which I was really excited. The Pullups were rough, as my grip was already shot from the deads. Calf raises felt really good, like I was tearing deep into those scrawny little muscles of mine - I'll keep hammering them and hopefully, they'll show some growth by the end of this log.

Next week will shift things up a little - lower volume, but I'll be working up to 5RM each day. Should be good.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
A strong finish, just as with last week. I'm wondering if there is some sort of endocrinological overflow from yesterdays workout carrying into today, because weight was up and I felt energetic, aggressive and alert.

Bullet Proof:Now that it's "cantaloupe" this stuff continues to taste good.
Sleep Duration:11pm-8am
Quality: After how fatigued I was yesterday, BP was the final touch - I took it and that was that. Crawled into bed and had noooo problems falling or staying unconscious.
Dreams: Actually had several shorts ones: First, I'm in the diner in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", y'know where the Principal tells the girl "Your a$$ is mine!"? I'm playing one of the video games and it's called "The Adventures of Furazadrol and Oxyguno." Guess I just had PHs on the mind for some reason. Next dream I'm standing out in the snow and a little girl is clinging to my leg saying "Don't go Daddy, don't leave" and I just keep responding "I don't have any kids." Finally, I'm back in college and some professor is telling the class how anyone who believes in God is a total fag and idiot. This got me mad and I started raving about he was a bigot and discriminating against each individuals constitutional right to believe whatever religion they want without being censured or labeled. Apparently, I felt pretty strongly about it.

Assault:1/2dose is still cutting it, but I'm going to give a full scoop another try on Monday. If it doesn't make me nauseous, it can only make my workout even better. Stamina was really high today and, whereas I was beat yesterday, I finished today feeling hyped and relaxed.

Battle Fuel: No particular aggression today, however I really felt ready to bust out some PRs - I could just feel it walking into the Gym and sure enough, I set a few.

The Workout: 5x6supersets

Romanian Deadlifts: 385 (PR)
w/ Weighted Dips: BW+70

Wide-grip Weighted Pullups: BW+35 (PR, I think...)
w/ Standing Cable Skull Crushers: 200 (4sec eccentric)

Calf Raises: 225 (Feet Angled Out, 4sec eccentric & PR, but it's calf-raises, so who cares?)
w/ Standing Cable Crunches: 100

Reverse Fatbar DB Curls: 40

Yep, my RDLs went up 20lb since last week, for which I was really excited. The Pullups were rough, as my grip was already shot from the deads. Calf raises felt really good, like I was tearing deep into those scrawny little muscles of mine - I'll keep hammering them and hopefully, they'll show some growth by the end of this log.

Next week will shift things up a little - lower volume, but I'll be working up to 5RM each day. Should be good.
We really did great today! Both of us setting RDL PR's. You did awesome all around! - :D

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had sex with my friends pregnant mom in my nap-dream yesterday. In return, he blew up my truck with me inside, but I managed to get out alive and chase him down...The dream automatically shifted to me doing his mom again. It ended with me...well...nevermind.

I DON'T HAVE CONTROL OVER THIS STUFF!!! I fell asleep immediately after taking T-911, so I think that had something to do with the dream.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Resolve, do you happen to know how much HMB is in Bullet Proof? I have bulk HMB powder and that crap makes everything taste horrible. Just wondering if it's a real small amount.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had sex with my friends pregnant mom in my nap-dream yesterday. In return, he blew up my truck with me inside, but I managed to get out alive and chase him down...The dream automatically shifted to me doing his mom again. It ended with me...well...nevermind.

I DON'T HAVE CONTROL OVER THIS STUFF!!! I fell asleep immediately after taking T-911, so I think that had something to do with the dream.
Wow... Dude, that sounds a lot like my brain, I could so see that happening in one of my dreams. But the T911, I would think, definitely played a part.

The HMB content in Bullet Proof is not disclosed, only that it does contain HMB. I'm sure Pmiller or Pistonpump would be able to answer that, though.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Wow, crazy dream! - I know what you mean about the sex stuff- have no control! and I feel horrible! :(

trueathlete

trueathlete

Muscle Pharm Rep
Awards
Resolve, do you happen to know how much HMB is in Bullet Proof? I have bulk HMB powder and that crap makes everything taste horrible. Just wondering if it's a real small amount.

1.5 grams of HMB is in Bullet Proof

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bullet Proof Day 12

Spent the night visiting my parents actually, so I carted my BP out to their house in the mountains. Went to a party, then stayed up late catching up with family members - good times.

Sleep Duration: 11:45pm-7:45am
Quality: Taking BP intermittently seems to be maintaining my sensitivity to its effects. I had read in other logs of users quickly becoming inured to it and that various cyclic usage had helped prevent that. So I've been sticking to workout nights only and my sleep on those nights remains fantastic. Incredibly deep, restful and envigorating.

Dreams: I was at the zoo with my wife, BW, and the smaller monkeys all escape from their cages and begin attacking the gorillas. A full blown simian war erupts and we're caught in the middle! Gorillas are biting and ripping the heads off orangutans and baboons, and gorillas are getting swarmed by lemurs. So I duck into the nearest gift shop and buy myself what every zoo-goer needs: a huge sword. I began hacking through monkey flesh to get us out of there and all the while BW is like "aww, it's a monkey, it's a cute one..."; she's having a great time! We make it out to our car and we're driving away and I realize - I didn't get my receipt for the sword, so I can't return it now that it's covered in chimpanzee entrails...

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Well bro its good to see the halucenagenic effects of prime are similar to amphetimines, il buy some next time i want to see how gorrilas rip the heads of orangutans......like what are you watching on TV bro, crazy dreams..

Keep up the log bro good work

Russian

BBII

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 15

Ha, well Russian, I'm not running Prime and I'm not watching much on TV really... I attribute the dreams entirely to Bullet Proof - I dig it!

Weekly Additions/Alterations: This week's workout consist of very low volume, and sets working up to a 5RM. As There will be less volume and less movements per workout, I will burn less calories. Post-workout nutrition for this week will not include any white rice, only the whey, dex, malto shake. All other factors remain the same.

Weight: 237
Back up to starting weight and calipers indicate that I am still lower in fat than when I began, so some progress has occurred, though I feel I was somewhat full of food when I weighed myself.

Assault: No nausea at a full scoop!!! 1 whole dose 1/2 hour before lifting and I felt fine - BA tingles set in quick and heavy all over my face, alertness and mental acuity was drastically heightened and I am still feeling good and energetic. This was a less taxing workout overall, though my final sets were certainly intense, but I transitioned from one to the next without problem or any real fatigue, even.

Battle Fuel: I felt BF a lot today, especially when rising up into the PR area of my lifts. I'd stare at the weights and tell myself how much I was lifting and how easy it was going to be and it was as if I could just feel the aggression pour into my bloodstream. It was incredibly easy to psych myself up today and I give a lot of credit for the large jumps in weight I saw to the affects of Battle Fuel, especially the final set of squats and bench.

The workout: Beginning at ~70% 1RM and working up to 5RM, however many sets are necessary.

Squats:
Warmup -135x1, 225x2;
Set 1 -285x5
Set 2 -315x5
Set 3 -330x5
Set 4 -345x5

Bench Press:
Warm Up - 135x1, 225x3
Set 1 - 275x5
Set 2 - 300x5
Set 3 - 310x4
Set 4 - 310x5

DB Lying Tricep Extension:
Warmup - 65x5
Set 1 - 70x5
Set 2 - 75x5
Set 3 - 80x5
Set 4 - 85x5

Ladies and Gentlemen, that is a 30LB INCREASE ON MY SQUAT PR!!! And I have a witness that my form was solid and my reps past-parallel! My last rep on my final set I began to feel my back want to round, so halfway back up I had pause and really focus on contracting my abs and erectors; the rep was easily completed then. For bench, hitting only four reps on the 3rd set REALLY pissed me off, I was snortin' and stompin' and determined that that was not the way my benches were going end today. So one last set and I exploded those weights up - my performance was better on the final set than any of the preceding and it was all due to the mental psyching-up I did before hand, which came naturally today and which I do attribute to MP's products.

I cannot wait for tomorrow, when I'm doing the same for deads!!!!!:head::head::head::head::head:

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You did great! I was watching your form the whole time during all of those lifts, and you pushed yourself to the end with amazing form. :thumbsup:

Totally psyching yourself up- you remind me of a pissed off bull! :p Everyone around you was freaked out a little, even I was thinking, "better not get to close to him, might just buck you!: ;)

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
You got to get that bench at 315 next time so you can just use three plates per side lol,
Good training bud.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^That was my plan - to hit 315, but when I could only clear 310 for 4 for that one set, I thought I'd better be cautious... better to have some funky plate combination on the bar than hurt myself :)

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Good job with the squat PR holmes!

That's some crazy dreaming going on in that head of yours man. I've been having some bizarre dreams as well. The chopping monkeys with a sword from the gift shop is classic. In my dreams, I usually don't pay for anything... haha. So I never have receipts. I was Iron Man in my last dream, beat that! Well, not really Iron Man... But I had rocket boots and rocket glove, flight stabilizers. The crap gadgets only worked 30% of the time. lol

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
rocket boots and gloves would certainly rock, but not if they worked less than 1/3 of the time! Knowing my dreams, in that situation, I'd be at about 40k feet and they'd quit on me and I'd plummet for a good 5mins before waking up. :p