• Established
  • First Up Vote
BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you do direct forearm training? Your forearms look awesome, I’ve been adding in a few sets here and there to try and bring them up.
Nothing direct, I will say my forearms are respectful. It comes from splitting wood my whole life by hand with an 8lb splitting mall. Also I seem to always have some type of power equiptment in my hands. I was arm wrestling king back in school

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Food looks delicious! Burgers look so tiny on the bun though! Haha

Muckl3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing direct, I will say my forearms are respectful. It comes from splitting wood my whole life by hand with an 8lb splitting mall. Also I seem to always have some type of power equiptment in my hands. I was arm wrestling king back in school
Makes sense then. Wonder what would happen if you done direct work on top, popeye?

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Makes sense then. Wonder what would happen if you done direct work on top, popeye?
When I get some good blood flow going with my nitric oxide, sea salt, glycerol, vaso 6 etc etc and the veins start popping it gets a lil crazy

Last edited:
BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Food looks delicious! Burgers look so tiny on the bun though! Haha
I know right!! Gotta weigh them out, that's actually a nooks and crannies bagel. Macros are a lil lower than an original bagel. So basically a big ass English muffin in the form a bagel.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you do direct forearm training? Your forearms look awesome, I’ve been adding in a few sets here and there to try and bring them up.
Wrist curls at the end of a bench or get you a rope and tie a 5lb plate to it. Tie the rope around a stick big enough for you to grip with both hands. Wind the plate up and let it down for a few sets and that will burn them forearms up for ya. Chest high down to the floor

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know right!! Gotta weigh them out, that's actually a nooks and crannies bagel. Macros are a lil lower than an original bagel. So basically a big ass English muffin in the form a bagel.
Yum! Those sound good!! I need to look for those!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Getting caught up. how many pounds you dropped?
Man I got the super flu and food poisoning in the same week about 3 weeks ago and lost 7.6 pounds in 5 days due to illness and unable to eat. Hope to get cleared today for 100% training. Really pushing my macros right now, lawncare is insane and I'm staying very very active. That helps with being unable to push it in the gym.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man I got the super flu and food poisoning in the same week about 3 weeks ago and lost 7.6 pounds in 5 days due to illness and unable to eat. Hope to get cleared today for 100% training.
I remember a few years ago i had the flu and got real sick. It took me awhile before I had full energy and strength back.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking good, now lets see what happens as the lawn work starts leaning you up while at a good calorie level.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looking good, now lets see what happens as the lawn work starts leaning you up while at a good calorie level.
I'm looking for good results, gonna stay over 3k cals at the minimum. Monitor BG along the way, start train at 100% hopefully tomorrow, and lawncare is out of control right now. I'm feeling good just from my 3 or 4 hour lawncare workouts in the evenings.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm looking for good results, gonna stay over 3k cals at the minimum. Monitor BG along the way, start train at 100% hopefully tomorrow, and lawncare is out of control right now. I'm feeling good just from my 3 or 4 hour lawncare workouts in the evenings.
Might get close to 4k as the work picks up
Gotta eat to grow! LETSS GOOOO!!!
I won't sacrafice adding calories if BG rises, so we will monitor closely and adjust as needed for your goals.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man I got the super flu and food poisoning in the same week about 3 weeks ago and lost 7.6 pounds in 5 days due to illness and unable to eat. Hope to get cleared today for 100% training. Really pushing my macros right now, lawncare is insane and I'm staying very very active. That helps with being unable to push it in the gym.
Bro, you shouldn't need any extra cardio. looks like your jobs have that covered. Cardio and making $ while you do it! WIN WIN!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I remember a few years ago i had the flu and got real sick. It took me awhile before I had full energy and strength back.
LOL. I had a stomach virus a few years back and puked my guts up for 3 days. my abs never looked better!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Protein way too high, you know the range I am looking for. Work on fixing the macros I have outlined for ya this way we can stay on the same page, be consistent and make the proper adjustments for optimal progress.

Rock on man.

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
LOL. I had a stomach virus a few years back and puked my guts up for 3 days. my abs never looked better!
I guess that's one way to cut;)

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No training today, took off from day job to do lawncare all day and stay ahead. 3pm
Screenshot_2019-04-11-15-16-02-1.png

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Screenshot_2019-04-11-17-47-41-1.png
put in 15 hours yesterday on day job, 10 hours today all lawncare....gonna try to get some rest. ..gotta be at day job at 4am tomorrow .....season is in full swing for sure

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
put in 15 hours yesterday on day job, 10 hours today all lawncare....gonna try to get some rest. ..gotta be at day job at 4am tomorrow .....season is in full swing for sure
Dang! Work work work. sounds like a busy day ahead of you or cardio session if you will:)

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
20190412_191925-1.jpg
BOSSMAN'S friday night feast...feeding the machine for a big saturday!!
Screenshot_2019-04-13-04-50-35-1.png

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
440am BLOCKBUSTER / c4 NO3 / sea salt / 48oz h20
445am ground stretch / shoulder stretch /karbolyn / Xtend Eilte ( sipping through whole workout )
503am triceps /light shoulders
Seated db military press
40lb x12 x10 x10
Upright row cable wide grip
50lb x12 60lb x10 70lbx8
Shoulder press machine
80lb x12 100x10 110x8
Standing db shrugs
60lb x15 x3
Standing db Flys
Regular 10lb x25 behind 10lb x25 front 10lb x25
Upright row cable close grip
50lb x12 60lb x10 x10
530am triceps
Overhead extension
60lb x15 x3
Tricep push down
80lb x12 x3
1 arm kick backs each arm
20lb x 10 x3
Bench dips Body weight 1 set of 15
540am core
550am workout complete 65 minutes
PANDORA BREAKING BENJAMIN
Garage temp 58

Time to mount up the army for the 8 hour workout!!!!

Shoulder held up awesome, bench dips was the only exercise that gave a slight soreness feeling. Cleared by Dr on wendsday, just use good judgements at this point and watch/prevent inflammation.
I have been waiting on this for about 6 or 7 weeks. I feel like I've done a decent job maintainin myself with what I have been up against. Time to push the pedal through the floor board now.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
20190413_062456.jpg
maryland crab cake/ beef burger/ American cheese/ Valentina hot sauce / toasted bun
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would avoid dips for how much stress they put on shoulders and rotator cuffs after coming of the shoulder injury. You don't want to go back to square 1
Agreed on this one. I use to do dips all the time but as the solution said they put a ton of stress on shoulders. For me cons outway the pros on this exercise.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would avoid dips for how much stress they put on shoulders and rotator cuffs after coming of the shoulder injury. You don't want to go back to square 1
Yes sir, I was doing the Seated bench dips for triceps. No good, staying away for sure. Everything else was solid!!!

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I find actual dips are best done with body tilted with feet behind and more emphasis on chest also when elbows are flared rather than closer to your body.

I guess in this case though a decline bench press would be a safer option.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
20190414_173930.jpg
20190414_175548.jpg
20190414_174548.jpg
meal prep
Grilled chicken / seasoned ground chicken / hard boiled eggs

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
20190414_183613.jpg
refuel for tomorrow
Sweet potato / chicken / green beans / biscuit / rice

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Let’s keep the broccoli very low or cut it out due to it being high FODMAP as calories rise veggie intake has to be lowered for food volume on your GI tract

Let’s play it smart here

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like a lot of yard work followed by a lot of meal prep Sunday!:)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Toss me some BG Numbers and weigh-ins when you get a chance this week. I bet the BG has dropped a bit with increase in NEAT

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Toss me some BG Numbers and weigh-ins when you get a chance this week. I bet the BG has dropped a bit with increase in NEAT
Yes sir, you will be happy. Scale is moving again. Really Grubbed good the last 3 days due to so much manual labor.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yes sir, you will be happy. Scale is moving again. Really Grubbed good the last 3 days due to so much manual labor.
Stay on the plan,
When you start deviating its hard to make adjustments because there is no "Consistency"
So intake from what I expect and what you are doing are totally different so it doesn't paint the picture on my end if things are off or not on the same page.
If we need to add I will, but I don't want to sacrifice your BG That is the last thing I want to see happen is your health get out of jeopardy.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Bossman I give you Kudo's for the work your have been putting in...Both the Gym and the Kitchen !!