Big Boys on quest for leanness phase 2

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok everyone take note. Us big big boys have made the choice to continue to get lean and mean. Phase 1 was more of a draw. So phase 2 will start now and go on thru the end April 30th. The loser of this 90 day friendly challenge will spend a max of $ 40 for the supplement of choice of the winner.

As of right now this is not a sponsored log. However if someone wants to step up and be a part of this let us know.

As for me my starting weight as of this morning was 239 lbs. Soon as I can get some pics I will post them up. I will also take some measurements in the next few days.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1st......

Kill it boys!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here we go!!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It should be fun. I have a major task at hand as I commited to running the warrior dash in march. My fat butt needs to be ready so hopefully progress will be seen fairly quick.

Now tanman on the other hand he can ultimately take me in this. I have approx 40 lbs to lose before I hit my goal weight of 200. I would like to be 200 @ 10% bodyfat. If I dont hit that mark at that weight then I will decide what to do from there. I will say this. I would like to hit my goal by the beginning of April as my bday is on the 5th and I will be 39 years old while my body will feel like 90. Lol

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still rolliing in at 270 buy leaner overall from where we started round one. Am currently in Wk 2 of PCT on Torem (lovin' that btw), then will be throwing in a mix of Erase Pro, Division one and Titanium for 30 days. My basic plan will stay the same, just gonna try to be more disciplined this go round. Will repost my "after" pics later as oddly enough, I think the wife would start to have weird thoughts if I asked her to take more photos this soon.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still rolliing in at 270 buy leaner overall from where we started round one. Am currently in Wk 2 of PCT on Torem (lovin' that btw), then will be throwing in a mix of Erase Pro, Division one and Titanium for 30 days. My basic plan will stay the same, just gonna try to be more disciplined this go round. Will repost my "after" pics later as oddly enough, I think the wife would start to have weird thoughts if I asked her to take more photos this soon.
Ah it is for a good cause. Plus it is great motivation. You never know the wifey may want to start training. I know mine did. She thought it was stupid to be posting this stuff but once she started working out getting some results and all the positive feed back. Her comment was this is cool. Lol. Of course she is not a fan of taking pics but for me it documents every step of the way.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good plan. Pct or not you will kick some butt.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok so now my co-worker whom is in his late 50s and still surfs. He booked a trip to corpus christi for the weekend of April 20th and tells me he entered me into a surf contest. Guys, when I retired from surfing pro I had to get away from the beach because I know how I am. I would have continued surfing. I chose to stop to be around for my oldest daughter instead of a loser who never was there for his kids. What I mean by that back in the days surfers my age didn't care if they got someone prego. They just continued to surf and never wanted anything to do with the kids they created. I am not that way.

So long story short I still have my last competition board that I see everyday. I have literally not surfed for at least 6-7 years. And now I am enetered into a contest. I will look like the biggest kook out there. Guess I really have to step my game up. At my weight my board won't float me. And I will not buy another board to do 1 contest. Damn him. He has been on me for the last 5 years to surf with him. He has obviously seen my transformation over this last year and has made a point in wanting to see me get back out in the water at least 1 more time.
My life just went from a difficult task just with the warrior dash to now hell cause I have to get low enough to surf. As well as find time to get to the beach. I live almost 2 hours from the water. I hope my board floats me at that time. Almost when this friendly contest ends. Grrrrr

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok so now my co-worker whom is in his late 50s and still surfs. He booked a trip to corpus christi for the weekend of April 20th and tells me he entered me into a surf contest. Guys, when I retired from surfing pro I had to get away from the beach because I know how I am. I would have continued surfing. I chose to stop to be around for my oldest daughter instead of a loser who never was there for his kids. What I mean by that back in the days surfers my age didn't care if they got someone prego. They just continued to surf and never wanted anything to do with the kids they created. I am not that way.

So long story short I still have my last competition board that I see everyday. I have literally not surfed for at least 6-7 years. And now I am enetered into a contest. I will look like the biggest kook out there. Guess I really have to step my game up. At my weight my board won't float me. And I will not buy another board to do 1 contest. Damn him. He has been on me for the last 5 years to surf with him. He has obviously seen my transformation over this last year and has made a point in wanting to see me get back out in the water at least 1 more time.
My life just went from a difficult task just with the warrior dash to now hell cause I have to get low enough to surf. As well as find time to get to the beach. I live almost 2 hours from the water. I hope my board floats me at that time. Almost when this friendly contest ends. Grrrrr
I find that a true friend is often a "pain in the ass" because they will accept nothing but our best when we sell ourselves short.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jeff... you are the man. I would quote the parts I wanted to but right now my tethered internet is not making me happy so I'll just say, you have put so many challenges and put so much at stake that you are bound to succeed. Plus these are things you want to do. You got people around you cheering you on, and people on here. Love it. I would join in on your little challenge but I am in the midst of keeping my mass. (in other words, I be a wuss).

Good luck! I'm subbed and I'll be here waiting to see some results!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1/23/12 Da1 wk 2 of MC 9
5:15-6:25

Standing OH BB Press (All the way to below the chin or lower, no push from hips)
135x3, 150x3, 170x5

90 Degree Seated OH DB Press @60's
12/10/8

Med Grip Upright Row @100
8/8/8

Front Raise (Went light as these are more to help my shoulder issues then build mass)
15'sx12, 20'sx12

Face Down Rear Delt DB Raise
20's 15/15

Seated Alt DB Curl@45's
12/10/8

Standing EZ Bar Curl (Looking for something that is kind to my elbow)
85-12/12

Wrapped up with 25 minutes of Random Hills on stationary bike, have been slowly increasing resistance levels 142 cals.

2577 cals in, estimated burn of 4291.

Oh, my "After now before" pics

1-18 back II.JPG
1-18 front biceps chestII.JPG
1-18 Predator PoseII.JPG
1-18 sideII.JPG

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1/23/12 Da1 wk 2 of MC 9
5:15-6:25

Standing OH BB Press (All the way to below the chin or lower, no push from hips)
135x3, 150x3, 170x5

90 Degree Seated OH DB Press @60's
12/10/8

Med Grip Upright Row @100
8/8/8

Front Raise (Went light as these are more to help my shoulder issues then build mass)
15'sx12, 20'sx12

Face Down Rear Delt DB Raise
20's 15/15

Seated Alt DB Curl@45's
12/10/8

Standing EZ Bar Curl (Looking for something that is kind to my elbow)
85-12/12

Wrapped up with 25 minutes of Random Hills on stationary bike, have been slowly increasing resistance levels 142 cals.

2577 cals in, estimated burn of 4291.

Oh, my "After now before" pics

View attachment 51581View attachment 51582View attachment 51583View attachment 51584

Nice Start brother.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1/23/12

Today is day one of my new training regimen. I felt like I was in a sauna after the first 15 minute of working out. Albeit the weight was much lighter than normal. I was only lifting approx of my 1 rep max. In some exercises it felt too light. But like anything there is trail and errors to be made. Now as far strength and everything. My focus was good strength was solid especially since I am no longer taking Clen and T3. I ended my 3 week run on Sunday of that. So now all I am taking is M1P, epivar along with AI Recover Pro and Beast Mode from Beast sports. I have maybe enough of M1P for two more weeks because of the way I have dosed it. I think I am about to run some Rs - Transaderm. What is your thoughts on that?

Here is how it went. Did the full workout with 20-30 seconds of rest just enough to get ready for the next set. Once everything was done i rested for approx 2-3 minutes then did everything again.

Barbell Squats

20 reps 140 lbs
20 reps 140 lbs

DB Lunges

10 reps each leg 45 lbs
10 reps each leg 45 lbs

Crunches

40 reps
40 reps

Leg Curl

15 reps 50 lbs
15 reps 50 lbs

Lat Pulldown

15 reps 80 lbs
15 reps 80 lbs

DB Rows

15 reps 50 lbs
15 reps 50 lbs

DB Bench Press

15 reps 50 lbs
15 reps 50 lbs

DB Tricep

15 reps 35 lbs
15 reps 35 lbs

DB Bicep Curls

15 reps 35 lbs
15 reps 35 lbs

Bicycle Crunches

30 reps
30 reps

Finished it all up with a 2 mile run. Was very unhappy with how long it took. I jogged a 12 minute mile. Man I have a lot of work to do.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^^^^ Just keep moving Bro, you'll get there.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok guys, gonna have to come and and say it... it's tunnel vision time!! Just worry about diet and takeing weight down. Do your lifting and cardio and stick to your diet like glue. Don't worry too much about composition, if you lose a bit of muscle it will come back easy and you should not have to worry about that for quite some time. You should be losing a minimum of 2 lbs per week. Time to get nasty!! Supps are not going to do it, you will... get it done, it's as simple as that...

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok guys, gonna have to come and and say it... it's tunnel vision time!! Just worry about diet and takeing weight down. Do your lifting and cardio and stick to your diet like glue. Don't worry too much about composition, if you lose a bit of muscle it will come back easy and you should not have to worry about that for quite some time. You should be losing a minimum of 2 lbs per week. Time to get nasty!! Supps are not going to do it, you will... get it done, it's as simple as that...
I like it. I love it. I want some more of it.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Already sore in the legs after last nights training. Oh what a feeling.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Late, but SUB'd never-the-less!!!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tonight was one of those "The Iron giveth and the iron taketh away nights" but we just kept pluggin'.

Day 2, wk 2 (MC9)
5:05-6:05

Dead Lift 295x3, 335x3, 380x2 (Hit 400x2 three weeks ago, WTF.)

Wide Grip Pull Down @170
8/8/8

Snatch Grip Deads @ 285
8/8/6

RDL's @285 (Fricking hammies were fried by this time)
3/4

Underhand Low Pulley Row @ 210
10/10

2427 cals in estimated 4159 out.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Always welcome anytime Doc!
Thanks Guys, I appreciate that! Not sure when we are getting another order of PRO XANTHINE in, hopefully soon, we just ran out of it today from our warehouse, either way when we do I'll pitch the owners to see if I can let you guys each run a bottle and just add your thoughts, comments, feedback on the product right here on the same LOG ya'll have already started, how does that sound?

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Guys, I appreciate that! Not sure when we are getting another order of PRO XANTHINE in, hopefully soon, we just ran out of it today from our warehouse, either way when we do I'll pitch the owners to see if I can let you guys each run a bottle and just add your thoughts, comments, feedback on the product right here on the same LOG ya'll have already started, how does that sound?
Sounds good. I have one more bottle left. But if you dont mind I think there is some new product that was to hit the street today that sounds like fun also. Lol just kidding. Unless it would work hand in hand with epivar?

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds sweet Doc, know you can't promise, but I know you'll do what ya can,

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1/25/12

Well well well. Today was ruff. I did not get all my nutrition in prior to my workout because work was hectic. I only got in 1 of my 2 meals. My workout did not suffer surprisingly. I made up the lost calories in my after workout meal. I was sweating like a pig after the first few sets. I started the workout with a 15 minute warm up and ended the workout with another 15 minutes of HIIT cardio and finished that up with 15 minutes of cool down walking on the treadmill.

During the workout I was flipping thirsty as all get out. Time to add in some transaderm. I was going to add it in on Monday but I think I will add it in tomorrow.

Now keep in mind I ran thru the entire workout with only 20-30 seconds rest between each rep then rested for two minutes and did it all again.

Pushups

15 reps
15 reps

DB Squats with shoulder press

15 reps 45 lbs
15 reps 45 lbs

Russian Hop (This is a pain in the butt and killer on the knees)

12 reps
12 reps

DB Incline

15 reps 45 lbs
15 reps 45 lbs

Under Grip Pulldowns

15 reps 100 lbs
15 reps 100 lbs

DB Upright Rows

15 reps 40 lbs
15 reps 40 lbs

Bench Dips

15 reps
15 reps

Hip Raises

20 reps
20 reps

EZ Bar Curls

15 reps 50 lbs
15 reps 50 lbs

Ball to Toe Crunch

20 reps with 12 lbs ball
20 reps with 12 lbs ball

Like I said earlier I was completely spent and felt like puking but I didn't. lol. Now keep in mind I am only lifting 50-60% of my 1 reps max. And since I really don't know what that is on each exercise yet it is a guessing game.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1/25/12

Like I said earlier I was completely spent and felt like puking but I didn't. lol. Now keep in mind I am only lifting 50-60% of my 1 reps max. And since I really don't know what that is on each exercise yet it is a guessing game.
Pushing that **** HARD Bro, well done!

No activity today just work and driving, 2327 cals in , estimated burn of 3565.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn what a good day already. One of my co-workers just walked by and said hey whats up slim. And was asking how much I have lost and that I am looking healthier then he has ever seen me. :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys, here's a motivation trick I learned, get yourself a belt an aim at taking it in a knotch each week. Really, some weeks you will make it some you won't ... it might take longer but this is a great way to keep things moving in the right direction. That's the most important thing for you right now, everything else takes a back seat. When that belt is too big buy a new one.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol funny mention this dw. I dont wear belts normally. However I just bought a belt that was too small for me just to see when and if I will fit in it.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol funny mention this dw. I dont wear belts normally. However I just bought a belt that was too small for me just to see when and if I will fit in it.
When I went from 305 to 235 in 5 months I remember that is how I measured my progress.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
I've been conversing with dreamweaver over The last week and he said to get my butt in here so here I am if u guys will have me. More to come this eve as typing on my iPhone is a pain in the ass!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been conversing with dreamweaver over The last week and he said to get my butt in here so here I am if u guys will have me. More to come this eve as typing on my iPhone is a pain in the ass!
Bring it. The more the merrier.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
The belt thing is a interesting thought but I've lost 8-10 first week but my waist hasn't changed at all. If I use that as a gage for me personally I'd prob get discouraged

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The belt thing is a interesting thought but I've lost 8-10 first week but my waist hasn't changed at all. If I use that as a gage for me personally I'd prob get discouraged
As long as your clothes are fitting better don't stress it. Of course I don't know how heavy of a person you are or aren't. I base it on my looseness of clothing. I am almost at a point where a new wardrobe is needed. :)

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn what a good day already. One of my co-workers just walked by and said hey whats up slim. And was asking how much I have lost and that I am looking healthier then he has ever seen me. :)
its always great to hear stuff like this.makes it all worth it.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Late, but in!

Chevy, I didn't know you surfed, man! That is really awesome. I'd love to hear some of the stories, sometime.

I had a blast the few times I got to, this Summer, and I actually kind of want to land somewhere on the east coast that has some nice breaks (or just go work for a university in Hawaii and say goodbye to all my possessions lol).

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Late, but in!

Chevy, I didn't know you surfed, man! That is really awesome. I'd love to hear some of the stories, sometime.

I had a blast the few times I got to, this Summer, and I actually kind of want to land somewhere on the east coast that has some nice breaks (or just go work for a university in Hawaii and say goodbye to all my possessions lol).
Yeah surfed pro for many years. I retired from that in 94 when my oldest was born. I surfed periodically after that just no contest. I have been in some videos and magazines back in the day. Lol.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys, here's a motivation trick I learned, get yourself a belt an aim at taking it in a knotch each week. Really, some weeks you will make it some you won't ... it might take longer but this is a great way to keep things moving in the right direction. That's the most important thing for you right now, everything else takes a back seat. When that belt is too big buy a new one.
I was so happy when I had to add about 6 sets of extra holes to my heavy belt and recently have been reaching the last one or two. They are spaced about an inch apart (yes, I measured it before I drilled)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is going to change though, we lose a lot of water at firrst and that's good motivation too, the waist will go down very soon though.

Yah guys freezito is in a smiilar situation and needs your suppport this is the place for it so I can keep an eye on all of you at once lol

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol. Dw you know me. If this guy needs motivation he has come to the right spot. We all are or were very heavy at one point. And we are all here to help and motivate. So any question or comments speak up. There is zero reason to be shy. First thing,we need to due is post up a rescent picture. Yes it will be embarrassing trust me I know. But you will be able to track your progress much better and visually see it as well. Also lets get some measurements done to track that as well.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep no judgement here... like I have told you guys many times I was 305 at one time. Must have been around 40% bf, was down to about 5% in October so... I don't want to hear that it can't be done or it's gooo difficult... anything is possible.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah surfed pro for many years. I retired from that in 94 when my oldest was born. I surfed periodically after that just no contest. I have been in some videos and magazines back in the day. Lol.
I'm down with seeing a video of you surfing???

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
YES!!!
Thats what you need. Most of my friends call me beast.... or monster, or bakemono (monster in Japanese...) I'm just a fatty. ; ;

You show me what it means to be lean JEFF!!! NOW!!!