Best GDA for High Glycemic Carbohydrates

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
To Whacked

Sup SS

1) "Uptake into liver and muscle are first priority" That was way oversimplified IMHO. This this deprends on a wide array of other related variables such as current fed/fasted state, exercised/unexercised state, glycogen storage capacity, genetic predisposition/programming for fat accumulation, k/cal intake, other supplements/drugs being used along with a whole host of other factors.

Yes this depends on a variety of issues. If liver and muscle glycogen are full storage in adipocytes occur. This is dependant on malonyl coa levels in the liver, along with ACC. These are factors that are needed to blunt lipolysis and aid in storage. If in a depleted state, liver and muscle get glucose first. liver to support blood glucose levels, muscle to aid in contraction and usage. below shows difference in overfeeding in obese vs non obese

http://www.ajcn.org/content/45/1/78.full.pdf

2) "Storage is temporary. Hyperplasia is permanent." Storage IS temporary (just as it is in the muscles and liver), however, if/when this "energy" is not needed, it will be stored permanently (fat tissue = FAT!); hence the argument
This point is true, but this is why these products on a lower carb diet induces greater fat loss, and makes bulking easier by not inducing adipogenesis, note the question below

3) "These products reduce fat cell droplet size, and reduce adipogenesis" Please provide pubmed or other respectable cites to validate this claim as again, it is not so straight forward; especially IF other complicating criteria as mentioned above are present.

below talks about intra cellular triglycerides.

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf062912b

4) "When uptake into fat cells happen one of 2 things occur storage or adipogenesis". Couldn't have said it better myself; hence my point of all of this.

the issue is also that the storage isnt in the form of glucose, its converted to triglycerides. Now carbohydrates contribute very little to de novo lipogenesis under normal circumstances... note below

http://journals.cambridge.org/download.php?file=/BJN/BJN87_02/S0007114502000454a.pdf&code=cf240bd9836aba8183c2e95bce65491e

5) "There is increased burning due to AMPk activation". This is NOT a direct activity of these substances but INDIRECT - it is only true downstream "if" the GDA's were even able to succesfully shuttle the glucose into the myocytes (which will only occur in the proper environment as described above). Then, does such a secondary reaction take place unless you are referring to non-GDA specific substances that are added to some of these blends (which would necessitate a whole new discussion as these are unrelated to this particular topic).

in the below study, this ingredient lowers insulin induced rise in AKT which is needed to increase adipogenesis. It speaks of MAPK pathway, and also speaks of ALA in high doses with the activation. Granted indirect, if it were a direct effect it would be labeled as a drug in most cases.
http://endo.endojournals.org/content/149/1/358.full.pdf
Again, please also include ingredient-specific reseach/studies because there is a myriad of different substances/agents used in these GDA blends.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I only read your bolded point at the bottom, but a rise in AKT is not a bad thing. Reductionism is a no-no.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
I only read your bolded point at the bottom, but a rise in AKT is not a bad thing. Reductionism is a no-no.
there are many subunits i believe...
AKT1 and AKT2
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1043276002006628

"Accumulating evidence implicates the insulin-activated, phosphatidylinositol 3′-kinase (PI 3K)-dependent Ser/Thr kinase Akt as a regulator of glucose transport, glycolysis, protein synthesis, lipogenesis, glycogen synthesis, suppression of gluconeogenesis, cell survival, determination of cell size and cell-cycle progression"

AKT is needed for a lot but blocking it completely is an issue, reduction is not really so bad. Same goes with PPARy. Blocking completely is bad, inhibiting slightly not so much, actually preferred in diabetics and obese...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
there are many subunits i believe...
AKT1 and AKT2
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1043276002006628

"Accumulating evidence implicates the insulin-activated, phosphatidylinositol 3′-kinase (PI 3K)-dependent Ser/Thr kinase Akt as a regulator of glucose transport, glycolysis, protein synthesis, lipogenesis, glycogen synthesis, suppression of gluconeogenesis, cell survival, determination of cell size and cell-cycle progression"

AKT is needed for a lot but blocking it completely is an issue, reduction is not really so bad. Same goes with PPARy. Blocking completely is bad, inhibiting slightly not so much, actually preferred in diabetics and obese...
Yes, what you quoted is common knowledge with respect to the inter-relationship between PI3K and Akt.

I don't see any real benefit to even reducing Akt signaling. Any positive effects will likely have an equal or even bigger negative effect on other essential processes in a BBer.

For future research, look up the role of Akt in protein synthesis/mTOR regulation and in athletes following bouts of heavy concentric exercise.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Yes, what you quoted is common knowledge with respect to the inter-relationship between PI3K and Akt.

I don't see any real benefit to even reducing Akt signaling. Any positive effects will likely have an equal or even bigger negative effect on other essential processes in a BBer.

For future research, look up the role of Akt in protein synthesis/mTOR regulation and in athletes following bouts of heavy concentric exercise.
i have not found that, however i can understand that notion, i see where you are going... however supposed increase in protein concentration shoudl subsequently raise mTOR.

Also saturateed fats (mainly i believe stearic or palmitic acid) increase AKT and insulin signaling. So either way theres give and take in all these processes.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
i have not found that, however i can understand that notion, i see where you are going... however supposed increase in protein concentration shoudl subsequently raise mTOR.

Also saturateed fats (mainly i believe stearic or palmitic acid) increase AKT and insulin signaling. So either way theres give and take in all these processes.
And that is precisely my point; I'm glad you concur. We can look at anything from a reductionist perspective but when you consider whole-body implications, the effects become significantly less clear.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
i may have been a little unclear in my statement let me retract and qoute

"Evodiamine treatment also reduced insulin-stimulated phosphorylation of Akt, a crucial regulator of adipocyte differentiation; and the reduction of phosphorylated-Akt and augmentation of phosphorylated ERK were reversed by blockade of the MAPK kinase/MAPK signaling pathway, restoring adipogenesis in the cultures."

showing that reduced phosphorylation not reduction of the gene its self causes the reduction of adipogenesis

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Killer info. Got nothing to add - still trying to comprehend it all. lol

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
Killer info. Got nothing to add - still trying to comprehend it all. lol
My natural cure for carb intolerance? Fasting. Seems that fasting really helps my ability to pound carbs back!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I been putting SLINshot to the test hardcore the past couple days.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Talk about massive fat gain without a high dose of gh!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ironically enough I have stopped taking GDAs haha.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
ill let everyone know how my recomp goes when i start it in june... ill be using 1 GDA, however, if its not out yet (should be thought), ill be running 2 GDAs just to save my recompadrol stock.

summers a great time for me diet wise i usually end up gaining 20lbs and staying fairly lean . ill start that log when the time comes.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck

Thats the best way to get peeled ;)

I'm a low carber - when I cheat, my favorite GDA so far is:
1 cap of Apple Cider Vinegar
1 cap of Recompadrol <------------BEST "mutli-ingredient/formula" IMHO
1 cap of Agmatine

I take them all at start of the meal as opposed to the directions on ther Recompadrol bottle (timing is a pain - too much crap going on)

Well I am doing 10 days of ultra low carb. Now I am just going to eat carb post workout.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
So I'm a carb cycler/low carver with one big cheat meal per week. I tried recompadrol for a week or so and it literally sent my stomach into a tail spin. Uncontrollable bowels for days after dosing. Is this normal or the obvious, that it doesn't agree with me chemically? Are there any others I should try? Suggestions would be great cause my carbs meals bloat me out especially my cheats

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So I'm a carb cycler/low carver with one big cheat meal per week. I tried recompadrol for a week or so and it literally sent my stomach into a tail spin. Uncontrollable bowels for days after dosing. Is this normal or the obvious, that it doesn't agree with me chemically? Are there any others I should try? Suggestions would be great cause my carbs meals bloat me out especially my cheats
Recompadrol is primarily a carbohydrate-absorption-blocker, so that may explain it. Na-R-ALA + Agmatine...simple and effective

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Recompadrol is primarily a carbohydrate-absorption-blocker, so that may explain it. Na-R-ALA + Agmatine...simple and effective
Thanks Coop I'll look into that, now what to do with my over have full bottle of recomp??!! Lol

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Which ingredient do you think caused this Coop?

Secveral other GDA's are notorious fo this same effect.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting - thanks Coop ;)

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think is Berberine (has significant anti-fungal activity and is also effective against some kinds of bacteria)

the first time i used Recompadrol i run to the bathroom for few days later all are fine!

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
The issues mentioned happen to first time users. My recommendation is to run 1 cap with a meal. If that doesn't work run 1 cap with meal containing no carbs. If that doesn't work dose it on empty stomach away from food. This will help your body get used to the ingredients without the bowel movements. I can easily do 12 caps per day (and have gone as high as 24 for a couple days) and didn't get any horrible sides. Also if your intestinal bacteria is no bueno. Then there's more likely going to be those bathjroom incidence due to the anti bacterial/fungal action of berberine

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Thanks guys, I'm going to try those suggestions out see if it works, I'm not familiar with N-R-ALA I googled it and didn't find much anyone point me in the right direction. I'd search through this forum but I'm usually on my phone app which makes it a little more time consuming. Thanks guys again.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Na-R-ALA + Agmatine...simple and effective

I concur with this. We have just launched Synthetic Supplements Agmatine at nutraplanet for a great price!

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Never mind I'm an idiot and realized my typos

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Powder? if so - taste?

I concur with this. We have just launched Synthetic Supplements Agmatine at nutraplanet for a great price!

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established

Great price is an understatement. WOW! Just ordered two bottles.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry you had such issues Bean5er. Id be glad to help you.

As said before any kinda od disruption in the intestinal track (bacterial) can cause berberine to give you those issues, its actually been used to treat diarreah in traditional chinese medicine.

I would dose it away from all meals a cap at a time. After a while your body will be used to it. It wont take too long. Youll then be able to take it as directed.

As coop mentioned it does act like a carb blocker in a sense. However, high glycemic carbs wont be blocked. The carbs blocked are some disaccharides and polysaccharides. The effect is not as much as you would see from a white kidney bean extract.

If youd like to discuss anything further you may PM me

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I use a SLINshot a ton. I have carbs almost every meal.... :run: typically pop the SLINshot before my meal like 15 minutes. It's supposed to speed up blood glucose clearance, so it's helping shuttling the nutrients into the muscle and also glycogen storage.
If it is as effective as the study proves then that would equate to less fat gain and more LBM gains. :D

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Recompadrol, end thread