Best cortisol controlling supp for the price?

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Resolve was mega dosing X-lean, might still be.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Func, not going to be as cheap as the Lean Xtreme, but if you wanted cheaper Endomax, there is a sale going on for 20% off now.

Add it to your cart to get 20% off.
Tempting... I've always done cortisol control supps during pct. I believe it is something to with the hpta and the body returning to homeostasis releases excess cortisol. However, some of the ph's people run have caused some sleeplessness or disturbed sleep cycles, this may be from abnormal cortisol release, so on cycle support may be beneficial. I'm a fan of IBE so I'd say go with X-Lean or endoamp since its on sale.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Resolve was mega dosing X-lean, might still be.
His bottles were on the house though, lol.

But yea, $16.99 was the re-introductory price NutraPlanet had going when X-Lean hit the shelves again. I wish it was still that cheap !

I said X-Lean could be found for $20.. and I meant $21.99. I didn't realize that deal ended the beginning of June though so now the lowest is $24.99 for X-Lean.

..sorry OP !

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
But yea, $16.99 was the re-introductory price NutraPlanet had going when X-Lean hit the shelves again. I wish it was still that cheap !
It'd be nice if it were that price again..........:wink1:

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why doesn't anyone ever suggest Vitamin C, honestly, it is the cheapest thing you could possibly get to suppress and lower cortisol..

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why doesn't anyone ever suggest Vitamin C, honestly, it is the cheapest thing you could possibly get to suppress and lower cortisol..
cuz we're hardcore like that.
:lol:

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeap but got your Vitamin C in (mineral ascorbate complex)

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know the dosage range for vitamin C and cortisol control? Any references or links? I know general immunity is around 300mg.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know the dosage range for vitamin C and cortisol control? Any references or links? I know general immunity is around 300mg.
1 gram upon wakeup and 1 gram post workout...

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Let's not forget carbohydrates blunt cortisol release so you may take a post-workout shake to recover your glycogen system and get protein synthesis rolling but a more important benefit that many don't think of may be blunting the effect of the high cortisol rebound of exercise. Although exercise can be stress relieving it is also a stress in itself on the body.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Let's not forget carbohydrates blunt cortisol release so you may take a post-workout shake to recover your glycogen system and get protein synthesis rolling but a more important benefit that many don't think of may be blunting the effect of the high cortisol rebound of exercise. Although exercise can be stress relieving it is also a stress in itself on the body.
I have carbs and vit c flowing through my body all day...:sgrin:

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
1 gram upon wakeup and 1 gram post workout...
From what I'm finding 2 gram's seems to be a good dose. Anywhere from 1,000 to 3,000mg total spread through out the day. Just found this too. Vitamin E may have it's benefits in cortisol.

Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2007 Apr;39(4):645-52. on 20 endurance athletes for 4 weeks. Half supplemented with 1000mg of vitamin c and 400 IU of Vitamin E. Researchers concluded that 4 weeks of this supplementation reduces the cortisol response to a 2.5 hour bout of excercise.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cissus do not suppress Cortisol, but rather block cortisol receptors

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
They say taking anabolics increases cortisol levels but the anabolic is so strong that the cortisol does not affect you. This is why you dont need a cortisol blocker on cycle. PCT you need a cortisol blocker to bring those levels back down because the anabolic is not there to save your muscle. Again though, you need some cortisol so you do not want to eliminate it completely. That's why Robboe recommended 3 pills instead of 4. I use Vitamin C at 1g in the morning and 1gm post workout.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I have my doubts about cissus. I bet that it lowers cortisol, but only through decreasing inflamation and chaos in the body.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Hmm vitamin E, I take toco 8 regularly I know it helps with hairline and sensitizing the testes but not sure about cortisol?

SBT

SBT

Awards
I personally like the need2slin, but start it dosing low and work up to 3-4 just so I don't have as much bloat right off the bat.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmm vitamin E, I take toco 8 regularly I know it helps with hairline and sensitizing the testes but not sure about cortisol?
nah toco 8 doesnt have properties for cortisol the stuff from primordial that is cortisol control is Endoamp max

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
nah toco 8 doesnt have properties for cortisol the stuff from primordial that is cortisol control is Endoamp max
I'm aware of the endoamp, but I asked in another thread as well about this and jim said it does have some effect on cortisol, just not as much as endoamp, but I'm assuming using them together in pct wouldn't hurt for some synergy.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good point. Also, if low carbing it, LEUCINE has been shown to do the dame without the carbs; I believe due to it's affect on insulin (release - blunting cortisol).

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Good point. Also, if low carbing it, LEUCINE has been shown to do the dame without the carbs; I believe due to it's affect on insulin (release - blunting cortisol).
Leucine is an ubiquitin inhibitor even when used alone, but if we are thinking about the same study here it is all the BCAAs and not just leucine that resulted in lower plasma cortisol concentrations post-exercise (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20300014).