Army Guy goes Shock and Awe with Anadraulic State GT (Sponsored)

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
I can't wait for Monday though... My only regret is the DBs in my gym stop at 125. So I will have to have the wife put the 5lb db on top of the 125 while repping the overhead tricep ext to match your 130.... should make great entertainment for those watching!!!! if I don't kill myself that is...

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
F that...just grab 2 65lb DBs and let it rip!!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
F that...just grab 2 65lb DBs and let it rip!!
Isn't it funny how it doesn't work like that? The 2 65's would be MUCH harder to navigate.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't wait for Monday though... My only regret is the DBs in my gym stop at 125. So I will have to have the wife put the 5lb db on top of the 125 while repping the overhead tricep ext to match your 130.... should make great entertainment for those watching!!!! if I don't kill myself that is...
Please for the love of Odin vid this!! NAO!!!

orbitron3000

orbitron3000

Awards
  • Established
AP + ASGT is a nasty combo. i agree with tg -- i don't think them needles be in your future with that stack.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
I think I will bring a roll of duct tape and tape a 5lb plate to the DB... no really... I'll show pics ;)

orbitron3000

orbitron3000

Awards
  • Established
Isn't it funny how it doesn't work like that? The 2 65's would be MUCH harder to navigate.
yea -- gotta use a lot more stabilization muscles when you're going a DB in each hand. it's rough, but well worth it IMO

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
Please for the love of Odin vid this!! NAO!!!
you just like seeing carnage and guys dropping weights on their heads... both would most likely apply here too

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think I will bring a roll of duct tape and tape a 5lb plate to the DB... no really... I'll show pics ;)
That's what I was just about to suggest. Great minds DO think alike. :yo:

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
yea -- gotta use a lot more stabilization muscles when you're going a DB in each hand. it's rough, but well worth it IMO
I actually do both... but right now the TG monster has thrown down the gauntlet and gently smacked me with his white size XXXXL glove...

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
OK, so cool Army afternoon ahead. Here's the deal -
100 army cadets in full uniform with dummy weapon (looks and feels real but made of hardened plastic)
Location - Pool at BYU
Mission - conduct water survivability training without getting anyone killed
the fun for us Cadre???? - taking these guys up to the high dive platform, blind fold them, spin them in circles, tell them to put their weapon above their head, and then "gently" walk them off the platform (i.e. push them off while they scream like 6 year old school girls)
I love my job!!!!

Pictures to be posted tomorrow
muahahahahahaha

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
100 army cadets in full uniform with dummy weapon (looks and feels real but made of hardened plastic)
Location - Pool at BYU
the fun for us Cadre???? - taking these guys up to the high dive platform, blind fold them, spin them in circles, tell them to put their weapon above their head, and then "gently" walk them off the platform (i.e. push them off while they scream like 6 year old school girls)
I love my job!!!!

muahahahahahaha

LMAO!!! wow i really LOL'ed when i read this. That is one of those things that its only fun to be the pusher(in my humbled opinion) once you have been pushed a few times. Its like...alright buddy i was made man this way now its ur turn. Time to beat the b*tch out of you.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Location - Pool at BYU
I love my job!!!!

muahahahahahaha
I so did that in Military Science when I was in college. Funny you mention the "without killing anyone aspect"; I had to rescue 3 people in my BDUs because I was lifeguard at the pool and the one on duty was slacking. Have fun AG but watch out for those guys and gals!

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
haha, agreed
and for your viewing pleasure... combat fishing!!!! We are actually right "On" the Iranian border here, not "In" Iran ;) , I am the fool with the gun, my budy with the fishing rod

Attachments

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Location - Pool at BYU
I love my job!!!!

muahahahahahaha
Now that's entertainment.... :smirk:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha, agreed
and for your viewing pleasure... combat fishing!!!! We are actually right "On" the Iranian border here, not "In" Iran ;) , I am the fool with the gun, my budy with the fishing rod
Ahhh a relaxing day fishing...:tongue2:

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha, agreed
I love how you so cleverly danced around being "in" Iran. Someone looks like they are being on the other side of the river.. unless it is not a border river. Good to hear even over there you guys had some fun!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
haha, agreed
What kind of fish they got over there? Any bites?

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
I love how you so cleverly danced around being "in" Iran. Someone looks like they are being on the other side of the river.. unless it is not a border river. Good to hear even over there you guys had some fun!
Ahhh a relaxing day fishing...:tongue2:
What kind of fish they got over there? Any bites?
very relaxing, and yes it was the border... not telling which side is which though... and nope we didn't catch anything but Iraqi muck.... ewwwww :irked: LOL

Lou villian

Lou villian

Awards
  • Established
Location - Pool at BYU
I love my job!!!!
Thats Hilarious!! I bet its hard as hell not to scream when that intial "Oh Sh!t im falling" feeling occurs!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha, agreed
Priceless bro!! fecking awesome!

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
Day 26

:firedevil:SHOCK AND AWE in a FURY :firedevil:
Break down of the vengeance within :aargh:
2.5 scoops ASGT 1 hour before lift
5 Scoops Anadraulic Pump!!!!!! (special thanks to LG for throwing this bad boy in so I can go out with a BANG!!!!)
Will give a review on the combo afterwords
The LIFT
DB Shoulder Press:
40's x 15 - 70's x 10 - 75's x 8 (+1 PR!!! Could have gone more but took 2 reps worth of strength just to get them up :irked:) - Drops - 50's x 12 - 40's x 10 (started noticing the vascularity increase here. A few guys even stopped their lift to watch that last set. Wife beater was in full force!!! Muahahahaha)
Chest: DB Flies Let the FURY continue!! in honor of my brother in iron MRKleen these were done at a 3-0-3 with the wrist extension SQUEEZE at the top---- ohhhhhh baby!!!!!
30 x 12 - 70's x 9 (PR city baby!!!!) - 70's x 8 (blew the old PR out of the water!!!! both with control, weight, and reps!!! WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!!) - Drops - 50 x 8 - 40s x 7 (the pump afterwords was intense... ummm AP WORKS!!!!)
Back: 1 arm DB rows
40 x 15 - 125 x 9 (+1 PR) - 125 x 10 (WHERE THE HELL did 10 Come from??!!! HELZ YES - PR!!!!) - Drops - 90 x 8 - 70 x 10
Biceps: Hammer DB Curls
30s x 10 - 55s x 10 (+1 PR) - 60's x 6 (Weight PR. never used 60's before with hammers!!!) - Drops - 45's x 10 - 35's x 8 (pump was so intense that I had to do a lap around the gym to get get the blood back!!!!)
Triceps: IN Honor of Silent Bob Weighted Dips - hadn't done these in about 8 months
bw x 15 - +45lbs x 10 - +100lbs x 4 (only hit the 4 but still never used over 90 before. Total lbs With BW = 335lbs) - drops - bw x 20 - bw x 10
And for the end!!
as many of you know, I was told by the DR. to NEVER do squats again because of the knee. Well.... what does a 80 year old army doctor know about that anyways???? :AR15firing:
With thoughts of GH, Punth, Inarius, and a few others in my mind... I said screw it, I will go light
Warmed up with bar - FINALLY able to get the mobility back after the surgery!!!
135 x 10 - 135 x 10 I know this is HORRIBLE weight for squats, but baby steps. The knee started to weaken after the last set, so I carefully racked it and left the drops and the blood sweat and tears on the mat.
AP with ASGT review:
one word... AMAZING!!!! I never thought ASGT could be improved upon, but with the AP thrown in I was in a league all my own. True many of these PRs were just by 1 rep or by 10lbs, but I'll take it!!!
bottom line on this one:
ASGT + AP = Complete SHOCK AND AWE leaving NOTHING but destruction in its wake :AR15firing:

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Hell of a workout bro. And nice PRs.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Damn good workout bro!!! Glad to see you returned to squatting!

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
Damn good workout bro!!! Glad to see you returned to squatting!
slowly but surely. I will try to slowly increase the weight back to the 300's area where I was pre-surgery. No idea if the knee can handle it, but with the slow increase I shall see!!

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
A pool teaser from yesterday. Some better ones should be in route. My camera died right after this one... :irked:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvIkQcsXU4Q"]YouTube- Army cadets in pool[/nomedia]

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
A PR is a PR buddy. Whether its 1 rep or 1lb gyour going in the right direction, UP! And i commend you in slowly getting back into squats. You have the perfect mentality. Littl eby little, keep that up and with time your gonna be tearing it up just like the the rest of ur workouts.

Great work!

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
thanks bro!!!! Thinking of you guys with all that loving from LG in the system tore down that wall!!!! (echoes of Regan heard in the background) LOL

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
More weight or more Reps..Like GHGH said it's all in the right direction AG. Take it slow with the squats and get the stability back in the knee. Very slow and controlled reps.

Glad you liked the AS GT/ AP combo. It raised the bar for me intensity wise.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
as promised - some pics from yesterday

first one is me in the shorts making sure someone doesn't drown (which almost happened! Had to grab a kid and pin him, while he was drowning, and have the life guard grab him from behind and swim him over. He swallowed about a gallon of water, but was fine)

Attachments

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
More weight or more Reps..Like GHGH said it's all in the right direction AG. Take it slow with the squats and get the stability back in the knee. Very slow and controlled reps.

Glad you liked the AS GT/ AP combo. It raised the bar for me intensity wise.
thanks Bro!!!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol awesome

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Great pics Army Guy

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet pics man, underwater views are always a site to behold. Told you that someone would need to be rescued!

orbitron3000

orbitron3000

Awards
  • Established
awesome pics man! underwater pictures are by far the coolest things IMO. How well do m4/m16's shoot underwater/freshly out of water? i always remember seeing 'nam footage where soldiers had to keep their rifles dry when crossing rivers and the like.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
thanks bro!!!! Thinking of you guys with all that loving from LG in the system tore down that wall!!!! (echoes of Regan heard in the background) LOL
Way to squat AG! As for Regan, well, I want him on the fifty dollar bill. Congressman from good old NC is trying to make it happen.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
lol awesome
Great pics Army Guy
Sweet pics man, underwater views are always a site to behold. Told you that someone would need to be rescued!
thanks guys, and luckily I was paying attention. I was right at the base of the high platform when they were jumping in so I was only a few feet frm the kid when he got to the top, and then went under
Great Scot! Wait, I mean, great shots!
haha - nice pick
awesome pics man! underwater pictures are by far the coolest things IMO. How well do m4/m16's shoot underwater/freshly out of water? i always remember seeing 'nam footage where soldiers had to keep their rifles dry when crossing rivers and the like.
luckily they were rubber, but in all honesty the M4 and M16 suck when wet or dirty. I hate to admit it, but the AK47 is actually better when in those conditions. However the AK is nowhere near as accurate :AR15firing:

Way to squat AG! As for Regan, well, I want him on the fifty dollar bill. Congressman from good old NC is trying to make it happen.
that would be awesome. An honor he is do. I remember actually watching that tare down this wall speech live.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
wanted to give a late update on the ASGT AP combo. Yesterday morning around 6 is when they were dosed and I must say, the pumps in my arms and chest lasted most of the day. On Fridays we don't wear our uniforms but civilian clothes and an ROTC polo. Mine is XL and I had 2 people tell me that in the chest area my shirt looked like I was wearing spandex!!! The pump and Swole feeling didn't diminish until later that evening. one word... HOOKED!!!!!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that would be awesome. An honor he is do. I remember actually watching that tare down this wall speech live.
We haven't had a decent President since Reagan if you ask me. And I also saw that Berlin Wall speech. Excellent. I remember the hairs standing up on the back of my neck.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
that makes 2 of us my friend!!! No one messed with Regan!!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that makes 2 of us my friend!!! No one messed with Regan!!
Forgive me, but it makes me wanna freakin' hurl to hear people makes comparisons of Obama to Kennedy or Reagan. He'll never fill their shoes!!!

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
so we took the 7 kids up to the mountains yesterday and did about a 3 mile loop up and around one. Was intense and fast. I carried my daughter on my shoulders the whole way, and even jogged the uphill portion a few times. It was kind of cool looking back down the trail and seeing the 6 boys stretched out in a line behind me all trying to show their dad they can keep up. legs are shot today though!!! LOL

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
I love doing stuff like that instead of a normal leg day. I may hit the trails today since my workout got cut short yesterday.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
the fresh air is invigorating!!!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
wanted to give a late update on the ASGT AP combo. Yesterday morning around 6 is when they were dosed and I must say, the pumps in my arms and chest lasted most of the day. On Fridays we don't wear our uniforms but civilian clothes and an ROTC polo. Mine is XL and I had 2 people tell me that in the chest area my shirt looked like I was wearing spandex!!! The pump and Swole feeling didn't diminish until later that evening. one word... HOOKED!!!!!
hahaha, my friend said it looked like I was wearing my little brother's clothes the other day. This ASGT packs a punch!

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
hahaha, my friend said it looked like I was wearing my little brother's clothes the other day. This ASGT packs a punch!
were you wearing your little brother's shirt??? :pokey:

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
Day 29

Hard to believe I have been using ASGT for over 4 weeks!!! I must say that this supplement has surpassed all my expectations and more. I haven't made gains like this since being new to lifting many many moons ago.
Today's MADNESS!!!! :aargh:
3 scoops ASGT
5 scoops AP!!!!
Holy crap the intensity of these 2 products combined left me with swole arms, sick pumps, veins where veins had never been... and just a few PRs ;)
the lift -
Chest: Flat bench press
160 x 15 - 295 x 8 (+10lbs!!!! new PR couldn't believe I repped it 8 times) - 315 x 5 (PR!!! the last time I tried 315 was only for 2 reps!!! +3!!!!) - Drops - 275 x 5 185 x 8 then threw on 135 and repped it 15 just for the pump!!
315 for 10... I AM COMING AFTER YOU!!!!
Back: seated close grip cable rows
150 x 15 - 250 x 8 (+10 lbs PR... Kleen, Panthura, and TG motivated me to go heavier) - 250 x 6 - Drops - 180 x 10 - 140 x 10
Shoulders: Hammer behind the head shoulder press
145 x 10 - 215 x 9 (+10lbs PR) - 225 x 7 (+10lbs PR) - Drops - 185 x 6 - 95 x 13.
Biceps: DB alternating curls -
30's x 10 - 55's x 8 (+1 PR vascularity was SICK!!!) - 55's x 6 - Drops - 40s x 10 - 30s x 8 - the pump from AP really hit me here!!! Felt great
Triceps: 2 handed overhead DB extensions - Ok was coming after Thundergod on these and had my 5lb magnet ready... only one problem... plastic DBs!!!!! Doughhhhhhh!!!!! Um everyone look at me I'm an idiot!!! :ugh2: so did the following
75 x 15 - 120 x 8 - 125 x 6 (+10lbs and a PR in weight!!! these were very clean and controlled. Next time I WILL find a way to get 130!!!) Drops - 75 x 15 - 65 x 12
Legs: Leg Presses - since surgery these were the best I have done. Heels nearly 4 inches from the butt
300 x 10 - 500 x 7 - 500 x 6 (best I have done since getting the knee rebuilt!! old PR pre surgery was 750) Drops 400 x 6 - 200 x 15
Ham curls -
70 x 12 - 110 x 10 - 130 x 10 Drops 80 x 10 - 60x10

Was very happy with this lift and the bench and tris were pumped!!!
Actually found my first side effect with this stack today though :irked:
I actually will have to end the dosing soon as my body begins to adapt :censored: however as sides go... I guess that is tolerable and means that I get to rotate off and a few weeks later come right back on for more mind blowing lifts!! :tongue2: this will be a great final week!!