Ari4216's Ultimatel Organizing Diesel Test Hardcore Nos Ether Cissus DCP X-Factor log

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day 26

Biceps day, light back day.

I did a normal back biceps day except if focused on biceps and trying to raise my peak biceps flex,hit those cables up.

i was doing 60-70 pounds on my usual back exercises compared
i was doing 15-25 reps on each set.

This took place yesterday.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day 27

TODAY WAS A FRICKING CRAZY DAY IN THE GYM.

Chest/triceps, focus on chest.

First off i have to tell you what i took preworkout. i did a little experiment.
1 cap activate xtreme
1 cap hyperdrol x2
1 tab Diesel Test Hardcore
800mg bulk supercissus
1 scoop superpump
1/2 scoop Nos Ether
300-400 mg sublatamine
7 or 8 scoops xtend intraworkout

BYAH!

Chest Press-150-20,240-8,260-8 270-5,150-15(numbers on this blew out my last workout, this was my main focus of the day)

Dips-3 with 40 pounds of assitance, 1 set no assitance, ranging from 8-12 reps

Pec Flies- 165-10,165-10,190-8,190-8(squeezing on the when on the up, squezzing when its on the down)

Triceps Extensions- 80-8,80-8,80-10,70-8

Triceps Pulldowns-100-8,100-8,80-10,110,6

Shoulder Shrugs-this i dont really count but i do weird trap excerises, weight ranging from 35 pounds dumbells to 90 pound dumbells, with shrugs i go with the flow, i need something to do in bewtween chest set, and i just had too much energy.

Maybe a couple other exercise in bewtween.

Hit up the sauna

hit up the cold bath

Hyperdrol and the activate xtreme really took and takes my workouts to the next level. But wondering why i have unused caps of them in the first place?
The two things i didnt like about hyperdrol x2 and activate xtreme, is that hyperdrol caused cramps and activate xtreme gave me puffy boobs. But the combination and small dose of each is excellent. Im gonna be experimenting with this pre-workout more.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
New Progress Pics

Im pretty shure:djparty: this picture looks much better than my last one, its taken after my workout, but actually i was more pumped in the gym than in the picture, after the sauna i kind deflate a little.

im flexing my bicep/tripeps/shoulders on one side and on the other not.

ari-newest-3.jpg

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
are those numbers free weights or machine?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yeah machines except the shrugs.ie 270-5 i did 270 on the chest press machine.
Any reason you use machine over free weights? I prefer free weights and usually do secondary with smith machine. Box squats, Incline press (smith really helps widen the chest).

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Any reason you use machine over free weights? I prefer free weights and usually do secondary with smith machine. Box squats, Incline press (smith really helps widen the chest).
it doesnt matter what u do as long as u stimulate the muscle fibers and get sore, thats what ronnie coleman said.

i like to ovoid any ingurgies,plus i can do more weight on machines.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
it doesnt matter what u do as long as u stimulate the muscle fibers and get sore, thats what ronnie coleman said.

i like to ovoid any ingurgies,plus i can do more weight on machines.
Yes you can do more weight, but its not the same. there are stabilizer muscle and different things that machines do not allow you to work indirectly. Getting sore is not necessarily a sign of a growth or good workout, just as the 'pump' does not mean results.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
no the pump has everything to do with results, i read a whole article about it. ill post it up later.

Its ture about the stabilizer muscles

but soreness is a great indication of growth,

luke1984

luke1984

Awards
  • Established
no the pump has everything to do with results, i read a whole article about it. ill post it up later.

I thought they weren't sure whether the pump induced more muscle growth. But it does sound logical, more blood to the muscle = more stretch of the fascia + more nutrients to the muscle = more growth.

Ending your exercise with one high rep, low weight set is known to increase Growth Hormone secretion. This has been scientifically proven, and has a significant effect on muscle growth on the long run.

Keep it up Ari4216, do whatever you feel is effective!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established

hmm thats definitely different than anything i had read.

I know its not a reputable source, but its better than wikipedia and all i could find right now ill look for more later. Last i heard it was not needed for muscle growth....The more I look into it, the more i get a conflicting answer whether the 'pump' means muscle growth

1) The Pump Does Not mean Muscle growth
2) article 2

Also, I could argue that soreness is not a sign of growth. For example, over training....this is something that could have the end result of being sore, however this can also be catabolic. Soreness is merely a result of doing something 'different' not muscle growth. Although its partially or a potential sign of growth in some cases.
-Muscle Soreness article

Here is a cool little article though about hypertrophy theories Hypertrophy theory article

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought they weren't sure whether the pump induced more muscle growth. But it does sound logical, more blood to the muscle = more stretch of the fascia + more nutrients to the muscle = more growth.

Ending your exercise with one high rep, low weight set is known to increase Growth Hormone secretion. This has been scientifically proven, and has a significant effect on muscle growth on the long run.Keep it up Ari4216, do whatever you feel is effective!
I totally agree with you on this one bro. I love to finish off my exercises with a high rep set. Usually 20 reps. And it has totally changed my physique. I've been doing this for the last couple of months. It's intense. And the burn is wonderfully sadistic!! :twisted: But this is only after doing heavy lower rep sets of 8 to 10 reps. And texas, I agree with you also. One needs to do some free-weight exercise to work all of those stabilizing muscles. One needs to use both machines and free-weights to get the most out of their training! :thumbsup:

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Correct TG! Im one for Free weights on my primary (DB,BB) and then i follow up on smith usually as well as cable Machine. Those are pretty much the only two machines I use as well as pec deck and chest press supersetting after my Free weight workout. Also, the ending high rep is great! using my old routine i would end in 15 rep sets after 5x5. Hey TG would you mind joining my log in my sig? Far left link. thanks

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I totally agree with you on this one bro. I love to finish off my exercises with a high rep set. Usually 20 reps. And it has totally changed my physique. I've been doing this for the last couple of months. It's intense. And the burn is wonderfully sadistic!! :twisted: But this is only after doing heavy lower rep sets of 8 to 10 reps. And texas, I agree with you also. One needs to do some free-weight exercise to work all of those stabilizing muscles. One needs to use both machines and free-weights to get the most out of their training! :thumbsup:
thats exactly what i do many times, on my chest press i did three normal sets, 1 warmup, and then one finisher for the pump, the pump is key to muscle size growth, i read a couple articles about it. Its a rumor that the pump is worthless.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
its not like i never do free weight, probally half i what i do is on free weights, just not chest, either i have to have someone spot me, or i have to use dumbells and i have to waste energy on getting heavy dumbel onto he correct position.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
tough it out! argg. that minute energy expenditure is being used in forearms, bicep strain, its still going towards muscles.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
tough it out! argg. that minute energy expenditure is being used in forearms, bicep strain, its still going towards muscles.
yeah but i dont want to train my biceps/forearm on chest day, its not a matter of toughing it out,i have no issues with dealing with gym pain,i like it.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hows it goin man just checking in!!!

how are the gains/ loss?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yeah but i dont want to train my biceps/forearm on chest day, its not a matter of toughing it out,i have no issues with dealing with gym pain,i like it.
so they are secondary muscle...big deal. is like that with every muscle group. there is always a secondary muscle group hit. besides it just makes you bigger in the end :bruce1:

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
TL, my chest is as sore as hell,hasnt been this sore in a while.

luke1984

luke1984

Awards
  • Established
thats exactly what i do many times, on my chest press i did three normal sets, 1 warmup, and then one finisher for the pump, the pump is key to muscle size growth, i read a couple articles about it. Its a rumor that the pump is worthless.
I looooovvee high reps on the chest press too. I always end my chest workout with a super intense, high rep chest press set!

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hows it goin man just checking in!!!

how are the gains/ loss?
I still weigh the same at day 28 at the weight of 208, however im holding less water.

Also I think i have lost in the range of 2-3 pounds of fat and replaced it with 2-3 pounds of muscle. My muscles are more shapely too, i have been focusing on getting a good shape to my muscles.

2 pounds of muscle a month is good progress, right now its actually getting hard to put on more weight in this part of my 4 year carreer.

if i didnt take supplements i probally would maybe get 1 pound of muscle a month or less.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
None of the supps i bought turned out to be magic muscle builders, they just help and extra 30-50 percent.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
btw go for more compound excercises. those are what give you mass like you want. not so much isolation excercises. look into Dog Crapp training(sp) its what im currently using and enjoying very much. also look into the anabolic diet or carb cycling like TG recommended. those will all help get you where you want to be

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
btw go for more compound excercises. those are what give you mass like you want. not so much isolation excercises. look into Dog Crapp training(sp) its what im currently using and enjoying very much. also look into the anabolic diet or carb cycling like TG recommended. those will all help get you where you want to be
yeah, anabolic diet is great, but i cant make it past day 4 bf i go crazy.

im actully not try to build so much mass,im trying to refine and shape my muscles,like a recomp.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I still weigh the same at day 28 at the weight of 208, however im holding less water.

Also I think i have lost in the range of 2-3 pounds of fat and replaced it with 2-3 pounds of muscle. My muscles are more shapely too, i have been focusing on getting a good shape to my muscles.

2 pounds of muscle a month is good progress, right now its actually getting hard to put on more weight in this part of my 4 year carreer.

if i didnt take supplements i probally would maybe get 1 pound of muscle a month or less.
training for shape is not possible either. shape is determined by genetics: Power factor training

You can lose bodyfat & add muscle.also can work certain exercises to broaden your pecs, static hold preacher curls to highten your peak of bicep. but all in all 'muscle shape' is determined by genetics.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Austin IS right, ya know!

no the pump has everything to do with results, i read a whole article about it. ill post it up later...the pump is key to muscle size growth, i read a couple articles about it. Its a rumor that the pump is worthless...

but soreness is a great indication of growth...

...its not like i never do free weight, probally half i what i do is on free weights, just not chest, either i have to have someone spot me, or i have to use dumbells and i have to waste energy on getting heavy dumbel onto he correct position...

...None of the supps i bought turned out to be magic muscle builders, they just help and extra 30-50 percent...

...im actully not try to build so much mass,im trying to refine and shape my muscles,like a recomp.
1. I would question what sources your articles were from. It's a MYTH that you need a pump for growth! The pump is no indicator whatsoever of any potential muscle growth that you may get. It is simply lactic acid building up in the muscles (resistance training is an anaerobic exercise), and is easily achieved with high reps or lifting at a fast tempo. It is NOT necessary for muscle growth/gain. Guys, especially younger ones, are under the impression that it is, simply because it makes their muscles appear harder and fuller after a resistance session.

2. A strong core (i.e. stabilizers) is needed to balance out the lower back, as well as being important for balance and stability (Liemohn, 2003). Machine weights do not force you to use your core very much at all, whereas with free weights the core is used to maintain posture and stabilization (especially with compound, multijoint exercises). It's easy to cheat, and form is completely different (free weights you NEED correct technique, else you risk injury) on machines as opposed to free weights. You can do more weight with machines (sometimes), but that strength is not always translated to free weights. Closed-kinetic-chain exercises (i.e. free weights) have a higher carryover value than isolated joint or open-kinetic-chain (i.e. most machines) exercises (Chu, 1992).

3. Soreness is no indication of growth. It can be caused by any number of things, such as overtraining, doing an exercise incorrectly (i.e. poor form), starting on a new trainng programme that the body is unfamiliar with, lack of flexibility, muscular or metabolic disturbances, etc.

4. Both free weights and machines have their own place in a trainng programme (Baechle, Earle & Wathen, 2000). However, free weights should comprise the majority of the programme, as they will be more beneficial. And if you're not strong enough to do them on your own, then work your way up. Don't let ego hinder your training.

5. Supplements are only that: to SUPPLEMENT your DIET and training programme. And they don't help as much as 30-50%.

6. FYI, Recomping is gaining muscle mass and strength, with minimal fat gain. NOT "refining and shaping muscles". DEFINITION will occur as you lose fat and have the muscle there beneath it. And you cannot 'shape' your muscles; as your genetics will determine what your developed muscles will look like (i.e. you cannot dictate to them what you want them to be).

7. Earlier you said that you're trying to gain muscle. Now you're saying you want to recomp. either way, the best exercises for either are compound multijoint exercises like squats, deadlifts, dips, chin-ups, bench press, shoulder press, etc. (ALL of which are FREE weights) because: a) the greater frequency per muscle group will boost your growth hormone more than doing isolation exercises, which will build more muscle mass and thus increase strength more effectively; b) increase neural activity; and c) recruit more motor units in a given session, and therefore train your body to work more effectively as a whole (Heyward, 2006).

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
training for shape is not possible either. shape is determined by genetics: Power factor training

You can lose bodyfat & add muscle.also can work certain exercises to broaden your pecs, static hold preacher curls to highten your peak of bicep. but all in all 'muscle shape' is determined by genetics.
i like to go by the arnold method of training. I read that article/book u posted i still believe shaping the muscle is possible. u see someone doing hammer curls as thei only biceps exercise is gonna have good bicep symetrics?no u have to do a variety of exercises.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i like to go by the arnold method of training. I read that article/book u posted i still believe shaping the muscle is possible. u see someone doing hammer curls as thei only biceps exercise is gonna have good bicep symetrics?no u have to do a variety of exercises.
That is because of the anatomy of a bicep. You have to use different exercises to hit the different areas of the bicep. Genetics still ultimately will determine what your bicep looks like.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if u look at my workout the chest press and dips are compound movements actually. especially the chest press,works out the front deltoids a lot.

THE PUMP IS REAL, IT EFFECTS MUSCLE GROWTH!

i appreciate u guys trying to help me out, but im pretty stubborn in this aspect of my training

This video will debunk the myth that pumps do nothing, that a very crazy statement to say pumps do nothing.

please watch this video, i know its on bb.com but please watch it.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/musclenerd4.htm

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That is because of the anatomy of a bicep. You have to use different exercises to hit the different areas of the bicep. Genetics still ultimately will determine what your bicep looks like.
yes genetic are a large part, but u shouldnt let them get in the way of looking how u want to, i try as hard as i can to build up my biceps, i naturally have genetics for huge shoulders/traps but my biceps are stubborn to grow, but they still do.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I stick to compound excercises and run supersets with isolation excercises. I dont train to shape. I train to get bigger, then i train to lose my fat. end result= shape, tone, definition (whatever you prefer to call it).

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i superset a lot as well,even with compound exercises

last week i did chest/back and i supersetting the whole routine almost,very little breaks in between

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I stick to compound excercises and run supersets with isolation excercises. I dont train to shape. I train to get bigger, then i train to lose my fat. end result= shape, tone, definition (whatever you prefer to call it).
Ditto

Sick as a dog this week........But didnt miss squats and deads.....

Skipped arms tonight instead........

Compounds all the way. I love them.

My workout partner loves arms........isolation and supersets.....so i get those too,

whatever works for you Ari,,,,,,,,,,,,,GFH!

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ditto

Sick as a dog this week........But didnt miss squats and deads.....

Skipped arms tonight instead........

Compounds all the way. I love them.

My workout partner loves arms........isolation and supersets.....so i get those too,

whatever works for you Ari,,,,,,,,,,,,,GFH!
different things work for different people, but i honor everyones abilty in their wanting to help take me to the next level.

much love

BYAH!

Delita420

Delita420

Awards
  • Established
1. I would question what sources your articles were from. It's a MYTH that you need a pump for growth! The pump is no indicator whatsoever of any potential muscle growth that you may get. It is simply lactic acid building up in the muscles (resistance training is an anaerobic exercise), and is easily achieved with high reps or lifting at a fast tempo. It is NOT necessary for muscle growth/gain. Guys, especially younger ones, are under the impression that it is, simply because it makes their muscles appear harder and fuller after a resistance session.

2. A strong core (i.e. stabilizers) is needed to balance out the lower back, as well as being important for balance and stability (Liemohn, 2003). Machine weights do not force you to use your core very much at all, whereas with free weights the core is used to maintain posture and stabilization (especially with compound, multijoint exercises). It's easy to cheat, and form is completely different (free weights you NEED correct technique, else you risk injury) on machines as opposed to free weights. You can do more weight with machines (sometimes), but that strength is not always translated to free weights. Closed-kinetic-chain exercises (i.e. free weights) have a higher carryover value than isolated joint or open-kinetic-chain (i.e. most machines) exercises (Chu, 1992).

3. Soreness is no indication of growth. It can be caused by any number of things, such as overtraining, doing an exercise incorrectly (i.e. poor form), starting on a new trainng programme that the body is unfamiliar with, lack of flexibility, muscular or metabolic disturbances, etc.

4. Both free weights and machines have their own place in a trainng programme (Baechle, Earle & Wathen, 2000). However, free weights should comprise the majority of the programme, as they will be more beneficial. And if you're not strong enough to do them on your own, then work your way up. Don't let ego hinder your training.

5. Supplements are only that: to SUPPLEMENT your DIET and training programme. And they don't help as much as 30-50%.

6. FYI, Recomping is gaining muscle mass and strength, with minimal fat gain. NOT "refining and shaping muscles". DEFINITION will occur as you lose fat and have the muscle there beneath it. And you cannot 'shape' your muscles; as your genetics will determine what your developed muscles will look like (i.e. you cannot dictate to them what you want them to be).

7. Earlier you said that you're trying to gain muscle. Now you're sating you want to recomp. either way, the best exercises for either are compound multijoint exercises like squats, deadlifts, dips, chin-ups, bench press, shoulder press, etc. (ALL of which are FREE weights) because: a) the greater frequency per muscle group will boost your growth hormone more than doing isolation exercises, which will build more muscle mass and thus increase strength more effectively; b) increase neural activity; and c) recruit more motor units in a given session, and therefore train your body to work more effectively as a whole (Heyward, 2006).
Get him, LOL! :numbered:

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Interesting discussion.

I will add my personal experience.

I've been workking out for 21 years now on and off. Always machines with the exception of bench presses/military presses up to ~3 years ago.

Then I switched to free weights only, started on the classic Bill Starr 5x5. Only doing squats, deadlifts, bench presses, military presses, clean&press, weighted pull-ups. Added 30 lbs muscle in like the first year or so..

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Interesting discussion.

I will add my personal experience.

I've been workking out for 21 years now on and off. Always machines with the exception of bench presses/military presses up to ~3 years ago.

Then I switched to free weights only, started on the classic Bill Starr 5x5. Only doing squats, deadlifts, bench presses, military presses, clean&press, weighted pull-ups. Added 30 lbs muscle in like the first year or so..
im doing all of those except bench presses, i need someone to spot for me, i always go to failure on most sets.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
but in the end my training style seems to be working for me, i work hard in the gym, and thats all that matters.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
im doing all of those except bench presses, i need someone to spot for me, i always go to failure on most sets.

suck it up and bench man, u dont have to go to absolute failure, and its not the end of the world to ask for a spot one time

Delita420

Delita420

Awards
  • Established
i do some decline bench presses though
Okay, I'll tell you what I do LOL! You can try it if you'd like to.

I pick a body part, and start with a barbell free weight exercise. Then I move to a dumbbell exercise. I finish up with cable and machine exercises.

This works my muscle well because I start with free weights, and as my stabilizers tire I move on to machine type moves. The machine exercises are very good when your msucle is starting to tire. It allows you to push away and work until exhaustion. Although, I always make sure to get a good pump on the free weights before moving to the machines. Even if it means doing an extra set of dumbbells. I normally do 4-6 exercises per body part. At most, 2 of them are machine exercises. I get the best of both worlds this way.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i dont do any flat, maybe flys occasionally

i do barbell incline, dumbell incline, and machin incline, dips when i can.

Delita420

Delita420

Awards
  • Established
i dont do any flat, maybe flys occasionally

i do barbell incline, dumbell incline, and machin incline, dips when i can.
It's no problem to leave something out of your routine. After a while you will adapt to what you are doing. Then you throw in what you have left out and you'll see some gains. Your body needs to be shocked into submission every now and then. :whip:

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Hows it going bro? havent been around as ive been so busy!!!

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i always switch up my workouts, i dont think you could ay decline bench presses are pointless,maybe not the most effective but definately not pointless.