Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I hate to break it to you, but 99.9% of politicians today, on both sides, are in favor of big government. They just want to control you in different ways.

Democrats want to tax the hell out of you, and have more control of the economy, and want to ban most/all guns, but want less social laws/rules, less illegal drugs.

Republicans want less taxes and control over the economy, and less gun-control laws, but want more restrictive social laws, things that make/keep a ton of drugs illegal, that prevent abortions (often even in the case of rape and incest), and often that prevent gay couples from having the same rights under the law as straight couples. Now, I'm ALL for allowing a given religion to accept and refuse whatever they want, but the GOVERNMENT should grant a CIVIL UNION to any two consenting, mentally sound adults, and their religion of choice can accept or deny their "marriage" as they see fit.

And then BOTH parties seem to love spying on people, whether it's Bush and the Patriot Act, or Obama and the NSA Spying.

NEITHER party is "small government" in 2020. Just big in different ways.
i hate to break this to you but i understand more than you think...most republicans are as much for globalism as the democrats...trump is the only one with the balls to stand in their way.

no other politician, republican or democrat would have pulled out of the paris climate accord, withdrew from obama's iran deal, took on the UN, or defunded WHO....c'mon, man

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So you think EVERY SINGLE FOREIGN PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY IN THE ENTIRE WORLD are all waiting for the US election to end, because they ALL hate a FOREIGN LEADER so much that NONE OF THEM will want to be the first to market what would be viewed as a literal MIRACLE DRUG?

Comparing this to oil is wrong. Oil is something with a CONSTANT demand for years/decades. This COVID drug would be an immediate commodity, with whoever gets it first making a killing, and everyone else left sitting on their hands with their thumbs up their asses, and tens of millions of dollars of R&D dollars wasted because they sat on a finished product for MONTHS waiting for a FOREIGN ELECTION to end.

It's just bad logic man. I'm sorry, but you're better than that...
ever hear of something called a flu shot?

it's needed every year since virus's mutate-right?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i hate to break this to you but i understand more than you think...most republicans are as much for globalism as the democrats...trump is the only one with the balls to stand in their way.

no other politician, republican or democrat would have pulled out of the paris climate accord, withdrew from obama's iran deal, took on the UN, or defunded WHO....c'mon, man
You just supported my point man... most Republicans in 2020 ARE for big government and globalism. Trump isn't your typical/average Republican. We agree on that...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ever hear of something called a flu shot?

it's needed every year since virus's mutate-right?
A vaccine is not the same as a treatment. You yourself said you were talking about a drug to TREAT this virus. Vaccines have demand always, treatments only have as much value as there are active cases. Which means during a pandemic is when the treatment would be the most valuable. Are you talking vaccines or treatments? Experts have been saying we wouldn't have a vaccine here until 2021 since they started researching it. That's not news, and you don't need conspiracy talk to say that.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
A vaccine is not the same as a treatment. You yourself said you were talking about a drug to TREAT this virus. Vaccines have demand always, treatments only have as much value as there are active cases. Which means during a pandemic is when the treatment would be the most valuable. Are you talking vaccines or treatments? Experts have been saying we wouldn't have a vaccine here until 2021 since they started researching it. That's not news, and you don't need conspiracy talk to say that.
the flu shot is not a vaccine, there is no vaccine even after all these years, and the flu season comes every year-what makes you think covid would be any different? they still have no aids vaccine, but they have very expensive 'treatments' that require a lifetime on meds---compared to how few people have aids a seasonal treatment for covid would be very profitable for a pharmaceutical 'conglemerate' .

Last edited:
muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the flu shot is not a vaccine, there is no vaccine even after all these years, and the flu season comes every year-what makes you think covid would be any different? they still have no aids vaccine, but they have very expensive 'treatments' that require a lifetime on meds---compared to how few people have aids a seasonal treatment for covid would be very profitable for a pharmaceutical 'conglemerate' .
The flu shot IS a vaccine. Why do you post nonsense that is easily disproven? Do some research before you post... you’re wasting both of our time now.

“An annual seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to help protect against flu..”

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The flu shot IS a vaccine. Why do you post nonsense that is easily disproven? Do some research before you post... you’re wasting both of our time now.

“An annual seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to help protect against flu..”

definition of vaccine-to provide protection against disease...many years the protection is against the wrong strand and provides virtually no protection against getting the flu---if it provides no protection then it is inaccurate to describe it as a vaccine---duh!!!

the flu shot is at best hit or miss!!!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
definition of vaccine-to provide protection against disease...many years the protection is against the wrong strand and provides virtually no protection against getting the flu---if it provides no protection then it is inaccurate to describe it as a vaccine---duh!!!

the flu shot is at best hit or miss!!!
"Duh?" So you're saying the CDC is wrong, that it's not a vaccine.

Glad to know that the US got it wrong. And the UK. And Australia...

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/
https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/immunisation/immunisation-services/flu-influenza-immunisation-service-0

It is a vaccine, just only for some strains of the flu. It provides protection against those strains. That doesn't make it "not a vaccine."

At first thought you were just misinformed, but now you are being willfully ignorant, and I have no respect for people who choose to remain willfully ignorant.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
"Duh?" So you're saying the CDC is wrong, that it's not a vaccine.

Glad to know that the US got it wrong. And the UK. And Australia...

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/
https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/immunisation/immunisation-services/flu-influenza-immunisation-service-0

It is a vaccine, just only for some strains of the flu. It provides protection against those strains. That doesn't make it "not a vaccine."

At first thought you were just misinformed, but now you are being willfully ignorant, and I have no respect for people who choose to remain willfully ignorant.
dude, if you do a little research you will find that many years they admit they made the wrong vaccine for the strand of flu that season rendering it virtually useless.

even people who believe in vaccines don't bother with flu shots---why do you think most people refer to them as flu shots instead of flu vaccines---i will tell you why, because by calling flu shots vaccines they know they would be discrediting vaccines that actually work!!!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
lol...you ever hear of a little oil organisation called opec?

opec was founded in 1960, you don't think todays phamaceutical giants haven't learned a thing or two, lol.

if a bunch of arab countries that hated each other could come together, you don't think phamaceutical companies could?

c'mom, man
Your example is THE example I would use as a real world argument against you. The members of OPEC cheat ALL THE TIME. If they all abide by the rules, they all benefit. But if one of them cheats, the cheater wins and the rest get screwed - so cheating happens quite a bit.

In your example, as I illustrated above, not bringing your product to market and gaining patent rights, etc. is extremely risky unless you can get a guarantee no other company is going to bring their product to the market in the meantime, and trying to gain that guarantee weakens your position even further if a company decides to cheat; because you've revealed the information that you won't be bringing it to market for a time period. If I know I have 6 months to figure something out, my approach will be very different than if I have no idea how long I have, because you could beat me to the punch tomorrow.

If I was a pharma company, it would be in my best interest to get everyone to agree not to release a cure for 6 months, so that I could cheat and be the only one to market while I catch everyone with their pants down.

I hate to break it to you, but 99.9% of politicians today, on both sides, are in favor of big government. They just want to control you in different ways.

Democrats want to tax the hell out of you, and have more control of the economy, and want to ban most/all guns, but want less social laws/rules, less illegal drugs.

Republicans want less taxes and control over the economy, and less gun-control laws, but want more restrictive social laws, things that make/keep a ton of drugs illegal, that prevent abortions (often even in the case of rape and incest), and often that prevent gay couples from having the same rights under the law as straight couples. Now, I'm ALL for allowing a given religion to accept and refuse whatever they want, but the GOVERNMENT should grant a CIVIL UNION to any two consenting, mentally sound adults, and their religion of choice can accept or deny their "marriage" as they see fit.

And then BOTH parties seem to love spying on people, whether it's Bush and the Patriot Act, or Obama and the NSA Spying.

NEITHER party is "small government" in 2020. Just big in different ways.
You aren't breaking anything to me :) That's exactly my point.

If a person's career depends on a government position - they are incented to protect that position by growing government and making more and more people rely on that position. i.e. - If I am a career politician who calls himself a republican...I'm still going to grow government to protect my position.

In other words, they aren't republicans anymore. They aren't for individual freedoms and the responsibilities that go with it. Dems and Republicans both want you to rely on gov't.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your example is THE example I would use as a real world argument against you. The members of OPEC cheat ALL THE TIME. If they all abide by the rules, they all benefit. But if one of them cheats, the cheater wins and the rest get screwed - so cheating happens quite a bit.

In your example, as I illustrated above, not bringing your product to market and gaining patent rights, etc. is extremely risky unless you can get a guarantee no other company is going to bring their product to the market in the meantime, and trying to gain that guarantee weakens your position even further if a company decides to cheat; because you've revealed the information that you won't be bringing it to market for a time period. If I know I have 6 months to figure something out, my approach will be very different than if I have no idea how long I have, because you could beat me to the punch tomorrow.

If I was a pharma company, it would be in my best interest to get everyone to agree not to release a cure for 6 months, so that I could cheat and be the only one to market while I catch everyone with their pants down.

If a person's career depends on a government position - they are incented to protect that position by growing government and making more and more people rely on that position. i.e. - If I am a career politician who calls himself a republican...I'm still going to grow government to protect my position.

In other words, they aren't republicans anymore. They aren't for individual freedoms and the responsibilities that go with it. Dems and Republicans both want you to rely on gov't.
So you're saying that most of today's republicans aren't truly republicans in action, but only in name? Not that today's republicans aren't pro-big-government?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Flu shot effectiveness per year tends to be ~40-60%. How is that "virtually no protection." You just type s**t up that is EASILY shown to be OBJECTIVELY incorrect. Not a perfect vaccine doesn't mean it's not a vaccine. And the audacity to then punctuate your wrong claims with "duh" is the epitome of audacity and arrogance.

https://www.contagionlive.com/news/how-effective-is-the-201920-flu-shot
https://www.insider.com/how-effective-is-the-flu-shot
40-60% of people who actually get those stupid shots...what % of people actually waste their time and money on them?

i bet if everyone in US got a flu shot the protection rate would drop to less than 20% on a yearly basis...i am willing to bet that 1st generation covid19 vaccine would be around 10% or less, hardly a CURE!!!

btw-do you get a yearly flu shot?

i bet less than 20% of this forum even bothers with one---wanna bet?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dude, if you do a little research you will find that many years they admit they made the wrong vaccine for the strand of flu that season rendering it virtually useless.

even people who believe in vaccines don't bother with flu shots---why do you think most people refer to them as flu shots instead of flu vaccines---i will tell you why, because by calling flu shots vaccines they know they would be discrediting vaccines that actually work!!!
I just showed you that they've recently been 40-60% effective. Some times it's more effective than other times, but that doesn't mean it's "not a vaccine," and "duh" is hardly justified.

You're telling ME to "do a little research," yet YOU and TONS of other people here post things incessantly that are easily shown to be objectively incorrect.

And why does what laymen call the flu vaccine/shot matter? If there's anything that this pandemic should tell us, it's that plenty of people in the US are absolute morons. Who cares what they call anything?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

the leaders have changed, for many years the og members of opec held it together enough to set oil prices for the world.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
40-60% of people who actually get those stupid shots...what % of people actually waste their time and money on them?

i bet if everyone in US got a flu shot the protection rate would drop to less than 20% on a yearly basis...i am willing to bet that 1st generation covid19 vaccine would be around 10% or less, hardly a CURE!!!

Do you know how they estimate flu shot effectiveness, or even what it means? a 50% effectiveness rate means you're only half as likely to get the virus. Are you really telling me that if MORE people got the flu shot, the effectiveness rate would be LOWER? That makes zero sense, and displays a fundamental misunderstanding of literally everything related to this topic. If more people got the shot, and it was 50% effective, then there'd be less cases of the flu going around, which means that people, whether they got the shot or not, would be less likely to catch those specific strains of the flu.

No one said vaccines are inherently synonymous with cures. That's just you propping up yet another strawman...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the leaders have changed, for many years the og members of opec held it together enough to set oil prices for the world.
Oil is oil, and there's more than enough demand to go around. There's no rush to be the first one to market oil, and you can't patent oil. You're comparing apples and oranges. A COVID TREATMENT (not vaccine) is only as valuable as the demand for it, and the demand for it is only as many active cases as there are, so getting it to market while there is still a raging pandemic is much more profitable. And being first to market is also hugely profitable here. It's not at all like oil...

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ive also heard people refer to getting a TDaP as a “tetanus shot”...guess that means the TDaP isnt a vaccine either, huh?

And although the flu VACCINE is most definitely not 100% effective in PREVENTING infection, it is proven to be effective in reducing SEVERITY of infection if you do happen to get it despite vaccination (eg. reduced hospitalizations, deaths, etc). So to act as if it’s completely worthless is unequivocally incorrect.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

And if this form is made up of predominately people like the troglodyte who said he's more concerned with the flu than COVID, I don't care in the least what the overall consensus is regarding the flu shot...

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So you're saying that most of today's republicans aren't truly republicans in action, but only in name? Not that today's republicans aren't pro-big-government?
Yes, exactly. We have abandoned the ideals that each party is supposed to represent because of career politicians. They kept the names, but lost touch with what they are supposed to be representing.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Show me a period where they held to their production quotas brother. It's well known that OPEC has always been full of cheaters...it's game theory fodder for economists.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
And if this form is made up of predominately people like the troglodyte who said he's more concerned with the flu than COVID, I don't care in the least what the overall consensus is regarding the flu shot...
you didn't answer my question. do you get a yearly flu shot?
the only reason you don't care in the least is about consensus of flu shot is because you know i am right-and not just this forum but population as a whole.
and for the record i agree with you about wearing masks even though it probably isn't a very popular opinion amongst my fellow conservatives.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
the only reason you don't care in the least is about consensus of flu shot is because you know i am right-and not just this forum but population as a whole.
and for the record i agree with you about wearing masks even though it probably isn't a very popular opinion amongst my fellow conservatives.
I am with you there. I consider myself to be conservative...but I don't know why we took this as a political line that we shouldn't wear masks? I get some of the party thinking...but especially not the mask thing.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You haven't addressed ANY of my points in this entire thread, or once admitted when I've disproven your claims. Also, I don't care what the consensus of the general population is either, that doesn't make it right or wrong. Hell, what percent of the general population still think eggs are bad for your cholesterol? That doesn't make it right or true. As for me, you know nothing of my medical history, and if I can, can't, should, or shouldn't get the flu shot. And that's entirely irrelevant to whether or not it is a vaccine, which it is. Vaccine doesn't mean 100% effective. You said it's not a vaccine. It is. It's just not a perfect vaccine, as it doesn't vaccinate against every strain, so it sometimes is better than others.

I'm glad you agree with me on the masks, as that's actually something you can act on. Our debate about vaccines and whether or not the release of COVID treatment drugs will be delayed for the election is just busy-talk, and impossible to prove or disprove, and we can't do anything about it either way.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
And if this form is made up of predominately people like the troglodyte who said he's more concerned with the flu
Show me a period where they held to their production quotas brother. It's well known that OPEC has always been full of cheaters...it's game theory fodder for economists.
[/QUOT
they managed to set oil prices for many years..the world finally had enough and figured out ways to foil them, oil speculation was a game changer.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am with you there. I consider myself to be conservative...but I don't know why we took this as a political line that we shouldn't wear masks? I get some of the party thinking...but especially not the mask thing.
It's honestly pushed me a lot further from the Republican party. I'm a registered Republican, but I identify as a libertarian. I'm more Right on economic issues and gun laws, but more left on drug legalization and equal rights for gay couples (but think private religion should be allowed to accept or deny whatever they want). But this whole mask lunacy has really soured me to the party as a whole. They claim to be patriots, to love their country, but they can't even be bothered to wear a mask for 30 minutes when they go shopping to help save lives of their fellow countrymen, and help get their country back to normal faster. It's crazy.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You haven't addressed ANY of my points in this entire thread, or once admitted when I've disproven your claims. Also, I don't care what the consensus of the general population is either, that doesn't make it right or wrong. Hell, what percent of the general population still think eggs are bad for your cholesterol? That doesn't make it right or true. As for me, you know nothing of my medical history, and if I can, can't, should, or shouldn't get the flu shot. And that's entirely irrelevant to whether or not it is a vaccine, which it is. Vaccine doesn't mean 100% effective. You said it's not a vaccine. It is. It's just not a perfect vaccine, as it doesn't vaccinate against every strain, so it sometimes is better than others.

I'm glad you agree with me on the masks, as that's actually something you can act on. Our debate about vaccines and whether or not the release of COVID treatment drugs will be delayed for the election is just busy-talk, and impossible to prove or disprove, and we can't do anything about it either way.
lol...we can agree, we both just like to argue!!!

my wife is mad at me so i picked you to argue with instead, at least i don't have to worry about sleeping on the couch arguing with you :ROFLMAO:

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol...we can agree, we both just like to argue!!!

my wife is mad at me so i picked you to argue with instead, at least i don't have to worry about sleeping on the couch arguing with you :ROFLMAO:
Oh, I fully admit I enjoy debating/arguing haha!

And if you want to argue with me instead of your wife, that's fine with me. If I don't want to, I can just log off and ignore you haha. No hard feelings at all!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh, I fully admit I enjoy debating/arguing haha!

And if you want to argue with me instead of your wife, that's fine with me. If I don't want to, I can just log off and ignore you haha. No hard feelings at all!
it is much safer arguing with you than my wife....kinda like high school we fight then get up and are friends again-my wife is not so forgiving, lol.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it is much safer arguing with you than my wife....kinda like high school we fight then get up and are friends again-my wife is not so forgiving, lol.
Exactly. You don’t have to buy me dinner or expensive jewelry to get me to stop being mad at you lol.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
they managed to set oil prices for many years..the world finally had enough and figured out ways to foil them, oil speculation was a game changer.
They can set pricing, but really they do that by artificially controlling supply. If they all stick to their production quotas, they all benefit. But if you over produce a little and no one else does, you make more money by benefiting from the lower supply keeping the marginal pricing high, while depressing pricing for everyone else.

Historically there has never been a single year that I am aware of where there wasn't cheating going on. Iraq and Saudi Arabia have historically been the biggest offenders.

It's honestly pushed me a lot further from the Republican party. I'm a registered Republican, but I identify as a libertarian. I'm more Right on economic issues and gun laws, but more left on drug legalization and equal rights for gay couples (but think private religion should be allowed to accept or deny whatever they want). But this whole mask lunacy has really soured me to the party as a whole. They claim to be patriots, to love their country, but they can't even be bothered to wear a mask for 30 minutes when they go shopping to help save lives of their fellow countrymen, and help get their country back to normal faster. It's crazy.
I hear you. Honestly, I think it is kind of the allure of Trump for a lot of Republicans. He isn't a career politician and of course we hoped he may have had more impact draining the swamp.

Your description of yourself probably describes my views pretty well. I personally believe that libertarianism is really a faction of true conservatism. It is unfortunate that the parties have become so diluted but I think that is a function of the poor education we have around what each party is supposed to represent.

Haha, smart man. You remind me of one of my best friends of all time. I met him as a child and he stayed the most loyal friend I had for his entire life until he passed in his early 30s. When he passed his brother and I were talking and he said, "Man, the thing that really stuck out to me after he died was just how many people would come to me and talk about him and they would say, 'I hated Mike. I mean, I REALLY couldn't stand him. And then one day we finally got in an actual fist fight and just beat on each other. And from that day forward, we became the best of friends.'"

And that was just him. He didn't put up with anything and he would tell you how it was and if it came to fists he would take it and then 20 minutes later brush it off.

Even as a young kid he spent a weekend at my house and you know how it is when kids spend too much time together. We got in a fight and I let him have it about 15 minutes before his dad came. I felt bad but I was pissed. He left and 20 minutes after he left he calls me, and says, "Man you really let me have it!" And he starts laughing. Haha.

Having friends you can fight with is a special thing.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
They can set pricing, but really they do that by artificially controlling supply. If they all stick to their production quotas, they all benefit. But if you over produce a little and no one else does, you make more money by benefiting from the lower supply keeping the marginal pricing high, while depressing pricing for everyone else.

Historically there has never been a single year that I am aware of where there wasn't cheating going on. Iraq and Saudi Arabia have historically been the biggest offenders.

I hear you. Honestly, I think it is kind of the allure of Trump for a lot of Republicans. He isn't a career politician and of course we hoped he may have had more impact draining the swamp.

Your description of yourself probably describes my views pretty well. I personally believe that libertarianism is really a faction of true conservatism. It is unfortunate that the parties have become so diluted but I think that is a function of the poor education we have around what each party is supposed to represent.

Haha, smart man. You remind me of one of my best friends of all time. I met him as a child and he stayed the most loyal friend I had for his entire life until he passed in his early 30s. When he passed his brother and I were talking and he said, "Man, the thing that really stuck out to me after he died was just how many people would come to me and talk about him and they would say, 'I hated Mike. I mean, I REALLY couldn't stand him. And then one day we finally got in an actual fist fight and just beat on each other. And from that day forward, we became the best of friends.'"

And that was just him. He didn't put up with anything and he would tell you how it was and if it came to fists he would take it and then 20 minutes later brush it off.

Even as a young kid he spent a weekend at my house and you know how it is when kids spend too much time together. We got in a fight and I let him have it about 15 minutes before his dad came. I felt bad but I was pissed. He left and 20 minutes after he left he calls me, and says, "Man you really let me have it!" And he starts laughing. Haha.

Having friends you can fight with is a special thing.
lol...fighting was a way of life back then, if you couldn't fight and then be friends you weren't going to have many friends---great story and sorry for your loss...i've lost almost all of my friends from growing up---drugs/alcohol and violence. as we got older instead of fists, guns!!!
if i went back to my old neighborhood i wouldn't know anyone.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Really surprised that the Rona is still such a hot topic. Everything should be back to normal, very low death rate than what they originally scared us with. Might just be Trump has guided us through this and managed to keep the economy in tack. Man of the year on Time I assume.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Really surprised that the Rona is still such a hot topic. Everything should be back to normal, very low death rate than what they originally scared us with. Might just be Trump has guided us through this and managed to keep the economy in tack. Man of the year on Time I assume.
Does you a** ever get jealous of the s**t that comes out of your mouth? Nearly 10,000 people in the US died in the last month from COVID, despite distancing, masks, and some closures. How is that “back to normal?”

And “in tack?” You managed to that wrong two ways, it is actually “intact.”

I could go on explain how stupid your post is, but I think everyone gets the point by now.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Does you a** ever get jealous of the s**t that comes out of your mouth? Nearly 10,000 people in the US died in the last month from COVID, despite distancing, masks, and some closures. How is that “back to normal?”

And “in tack?” You managed to that wrong two ways, it is actually “intact.”

I could go on explain how stupid your post is, but I think everyone gets the point by now.
Was his post for real??? I honestly thought it was sarcasm 😂

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This sounds really sarcastic...🤔

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
When all said and done the death rate per 100,000 will be slightly higher than the flu. More contagious and asymptomatic carriers unfortunately has it infecting more than the average flu. It is not going anywhere just like the flu, can't hide in our houses forever. If you have old age or health concerns it could be an issue. Here in Florida 80% of deaths are in nursing homes.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When all said and done the death rate per 100,000 will be slightly higher than the flu. More contagious and asymptomatic carriers unfortunately has it infecting more than the average flu. It is not going anywhere just like the flu, can't hide in our houses forever. If you have old age or health concerns it could be an issue. Here in Florida 80% of deaths are in nursing homes.
See, not sarcasm guys. Did you read ANY of my posts ITT? Up to 45% of the population has what you call "health conditions," and 1 in 5 people aged 20-29 does too.

It's already killed 2-6x more people than the flu does each year, and that's WITH all the measures we've taken that you seem to think aren't necessary.

Also, do you mean death rate, or deaths per 100,000 people? Because those aren't the same thing. Shows how much you know. If you're talking deaths per 100,000, it's already 2-6x higher than the flu is each year, as it's killed 2-6x more people, and the US population is largely the same as it was last year. Maybe you mean the death rate?

Also, the death rate for the 2018-19 flu season was between 0.08% and 0.16%.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/68/wr/mm6824a3.htm#:~:text=Using data available from October,deaths in the United States.

If you read my post earlier that used NYC's data (which includes antibody testing results in the calculations) we have 1%. Which is ~6-12x higher than the normal flu.

You're just really, really ignorant here, and you seem willing to stay so.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you PM me your address I will send you a calculator.

I can agree we can't stay home forever...but again you are missing the point of the lockdown. You should probably read more.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thank you for the guidance. Just to remind everyone the lockdown was to keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed and that has been successful. But please educate me.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for the guidance. Just to remind everyone the lockdown was to keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed and that has been successful. But please educate me.
Yeah, and how do you think hospitals get overwhelmed? With more cases. And considering that we have more cases now in many areas than when we first enacted the lockdowns, please tell me how that makes now a good time to return to normal. Also, please address ANY of the other points I made explaining why you’re objectively incorrect on almost everything you say. You’re so dumb that multiple people here thought you were being sarcastic, because they didn’t think anyone could actually be that moronic in sincerity.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah your a smart guy online, woohoo! I am glad to see my posts have affected you so deeply that you resort to name calling online. Good luck going forward, next time tell your neighbor you disagree with them to their face and not hiding behind the keyboard.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah your a smart guy online, woohoo! I am glad to see my posts have affected you so deeply that you resort to name calling online. Good luck going forward, next time tell your neighbor you disagree with them to their face and not hiding behind the keyboard.
*You’re

I’m name calling because I’ve repeatedly corrected your posts with sources and verifiable facts, and you’ve repeatedly ignored them.

As for “hiding behind my keyboard,” this is an online forum, which means typing on keyboards. I disagree with you online, but I’d also disagree with you in person, but this is an online forum, no an in-person meetup. I’d disagree with you on a plane, I’d disagree with you on a train. Because you’re wrong, no matter where you are.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are you on about man. You expect me to find you in real life to tell you I disagree with you on an online forum? What a waste of time. What is to be gained by this? Flexing your muscles with thinly veiled threats?

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It wasn't a threat it was just life advice. Your the one caught up and overwhelmed in this thread. I enjoy reading the majority of the opinions, even majority of facts are opinions with all the different sources that people pick and choose to show what they think is right. Entertainment for me.