AI Sports Nutrition kicks ass By John Smeton

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Great link john and congrats on the gains and low body fat!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5-15-2011 Right rear and side deltoids (and I imagine me doing my left side which has been shown in studies to work when physically not able to workout )

Bent over cable laterals 30lbs=10x's, 40lbs=10x's, 40lbs=10x's, 40lbs=10x's
Side lateral cables 20lbs=10x's, 30lbs=10x's
Nautilus side lateral machine(facing seat) 100lbs=12x's
Bent over dumbbell laterals (fight on the way down) 30lbs=10x's, 35lbs=10x's, 35lbs=10x's
Standing side laterals 30lbs=10, 30lbs=10, 30lbs=10

Hghpro- four capsules
Recoverpro four scoops
Stoked four capsules

* More AI Sports Nutrition Supplements are waiting on me when I can train harder again. Hopefully taking off upper body this week and ART therapy combined will produce synergy in healing.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great results John!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great results John!
Thanks Chris.

You are right about the hams getting hit with quads. This week I am going to do them together because I am not even doing any deadlift type movements like stiff leg deads.

I wont split them up all the time, just as certain times in my training .

I used to stick to the same routine now as I get smarter in bodybuilding I relize I can do one routine for 8-12 weeks and after I stall do a completely different routine and make results.

example Say I am completely healed up

weeks 1-8 High Intensity training 3-4 exercises per bodypart and only 1 or 2 sets and intensity techniques like rest pauses on weak bodyparts, AROM /partial on some body-parts after failure, and an occasional failure set where the training partner helps with the positive and lets me get the negative for weak bodyparts.
week 9 deload
weeks 9-13 higher volume to give joints a break and lower the weights (a little bit focusing more on form than anything)
week 14 deload
weeks 14-20 High intensity although not as extreme as the first one and not going to failure all the time like the first 1-8 weeks
the maybe a deload then maybe repeat something along these lines

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Chris.

You are right about the hams getting hit with quads. This week I am going to do them together because I am not even doing any deadlift type movements like stiff leg deads.

I wont split them up all the time, just as certain times in my training .

I used to stick to the same routine now as I get smarter in bodybuilding I relize I can do one routine for 8-12 weeks and after I stall do a completely different routine and make results.

example Say I am completely healed up

weeks 1-8 High Intensity training 3-4 exercises per bodypart and only 1 or 2 sets and intensity techniques like rest pauses on weak bodyparts, AROM /partial on some body-parts after failure, and an occasional failure set where the training partner helps with the positive and lets me get the negative for weak bodyparts.
week 9 deload
weeks 9-13 higher volume to give joints a break and lower the weights (a little bit focusing more on form than anything)
week 14 deload
weeks 14-20 High intensity although not as extreme as the first one and not going to failure all the time like the first 1-8 weeks
the maybe a deload then maybe repeat something along these lines

Hmmm...this is definitely a bodybuilding style approach focusing on hypertrophy and muscle development. Let's see how it treats you over the next 20 weeks.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Interesting plan John!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm...this is definitely a bodybuilding style approach focusing on hypertrophy and muscle development. Let's see how it treats you over the next 20 weeks.
Yah I will be going similar after my vacation in early June. As I get leaner is smarter to go hypertropy specific...

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yah I will be going similar after my vacation in early June. As I get leaner is smarter to go hypertropy specific...
Well my assumption would be the leaner you are, the more apparent the results of hypertrophy style training become

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well my assumption would be the leaner you are, the more apparent the results of hypertrophy style training become
Yah and you can isolate problem areas easier with this type of training...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Absolutely! Like Doug said, you can also see "weak" points better, so you know what to work on.

~Rosie~

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting plan John!
Im not doing this exact plan I just made it up spur of the moment it was just an example or cycling intensity and types of training. Something I forgot to say is I would switch exercise days up as well like one training cycle I may do quads , hams together and another have hams and quads on separate days.

exactly. It feels good being lean

HERE! AI makes some insanely good stuff!!!
Agreed. This stuff helps me alot while training and even when I have to take off upper body, like right now , to try and get all healed up.

Yah and you can isolate problem areas easier with this type of training...
Absolutely! Like Doug said, you can also see "weak" points better, so you know what to work on.

~Rosie~
exactly , all great points

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5-16-2011 50 minutes cardio @ gym, did ten minutes calve cardio, sprain is still not healed as my foot is still bruised, however I can walk on it. Itll be one month since I sprained it coming up this friday. No calve training until it is able.

Hghpro- 4 capsules
Recoverpro- 4 scoops
Stoked 4 capsules

5-17-2011 cardio 30 minute walk outside, very nice snerery around grandmas house. I have never been able to walk out in the country as Ive always lived in a busy area with cars , traffic, shopping centers all my life. Usually I did my cardio outside at a park where people would all see me. This is nice for a change and peaceful

Hghpro- 4 capsules
Recoverpro- 4 scoops
Stoked 4 capsules

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's a fair amount of RecoverPRO. Are you drinking that during the whole day? Sorry if you already mentioned that :run:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's a fair amount of RecoverPRO. Are you drinking that during the whole day? Sorry if you already mentioned that :run:
Its okay

No , I take some water put water in my mouth , take a scoop and swallow it all at once. Usually once before I get up the the moaning and either before and after training or when I cant get a meal in and need something to keep anabolism/halt catabolism.

Its usually an average of three scoops per day currently. Really think it helps a lot

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its usually an average of three scoops per day currently. Really think it helps a lot
BCAAs definitely make a difference - I don't know what I'd do withOUT them sometimes (I usually use up to 84 grams of BCAAs a day). On that note, I start the Red Raspberry RecoverPRO tomorrow, John, so looking forward to that :)

~Rosie~

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BCAAs definitely make a difference - I don't know what I'd do withOUT them sometimes (I usually use up to 84 grams of BCAAs a day). On that note, I start the Red Raspberry RecoverPRO tomorrow, John, so looking forward to that :)

~Rosie~
That is alot of bcaa's, Rosie! I think you will enjoy recoverpro. Bcaa's definitely help muscle-gains , which helps fat loss of course.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is alot of bcaa's, Rosie! I think you will enjoy recoverpro. Bcaa's definitely help muscle-gains , which helps fat loss of course.
Yeah, it is a lot, but I don't supplement with protein powder, so it "replaces" that. Honestly, I've never noticed a difference re muscle gains or fat loss with or without BCAAs use, and my body almost perpetually recomps regardless of my actual goal, LOL. In saying that, I've only been BCAAs this highly for about a year and my body has made a lot of changes in that time in how it responds to many things, so :shrug: Either way, my course is set now.

~Rosie~

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, it is a lot, but I don't supplement with protein powder, so it "replaces" that. Honestly, I've never noticed a difference re muscle gains or fat loss with or without BCAAs use, and my body almost perpetually recomps regardless of my actual goal, LOL. In saying that, I've only been BCAAs this highly for about a year and my body has made a lot of changes in that time in how it responds to many things, so :shrug: Either way, my course is set now.

~Rosie~
You know I was listening to Heavy Muscle radio show last night and Dave Palumbo and Chris Aceto were discussing how dairy and in whey concentrate can effect how you look. Bcaa;s may be better in this regard. With that said, I have used whey concentrate for years and never had a challenge with it.

http://www.rxmuscle.com/hmr-radio-show/3169-jefftheproducer-hmr.html

It is a long show and I watch youtube videos and turn down the sound while I listen to it

Yeah I am convinced Bcaa's are God send for people serious about their physique results

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed John love my bcaas.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

~Rosie~

Theoretically I can see how this works(granted I know you are taking in ample dietary protein). But before I go off and form a theory on how this works are you using a 2:1:1 mix or a 4:1:1 mix when your dosing at 84 grams a day?

Im actually considering an experiment with mega dosing BCAA 4:1:1 BCAA's around workouts instead of regular whey type supplementation.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Theoretically I can see how this works(granted I know you are taking in ample dietary protein). But before I go off and form a theory on how this works are you using a 2:1:1 mix or a 4:1:1 mix when your dosing at 84 grams a day?

Im actually considering an experiment with mega dosing BCAA 4:1:1 BCAA's around workouts instead of regular whey type supplementation.
As is well known, until now I have exclusively used LG's BC+EAA. There is no theory on why use so much BCAAs; as I said, "Honestly, I've never noticed a difference re muscle gains or fat loss with or without BCAAs use, and my body almost perpetually recomps regardless of my actual goal, LOL." I do it because I want to, and because my body does not handle protein powder well anymore, period, and so if and when I require supplemented protein, I use BCAAs and/or MuscleGel Shots.

~Rosie~

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
As is well known, until now I have exclusively used LG's BC+EAA. There is no theory on why use so much BCAAs; as I said, "Honestly, I've never noticed a difference re muscle gains or fat loss with or without BCAAs use, and my body almost perpetually recomps regardless of my actual goal, LOL." I do it because I want to, and because my body does not handle protein powder well anymore, period, and so if and when I require supplemented protein, I use BCAAs and/or MuscleGel Shots.

~Rosie~
Please don't misunderstand me, when I say "theory" I mean biochemical mechanisms that are undergone in the body to bring about a certain end result. There is always a theory behind diet whether we pay mind to it or not.

Now you stated you do it b/c you want to, and it is having the same general effect as whole protein. Well this being said there must be a biochemical/physiological equavalence of the two to allow similar gains. I just like to know exactly why a given supplement, be it BCAA's or a testbooter, works in the manner in which it does/does not.

Now LG sciences BC+EAAs contains a 2:1:1 ratio supplemented with EAA and glutamine. Essentially you are taking in the amino acid profile needed for proper muscle recovery. As we all well know protein is broken down from whole protein to 3 forms that can be readily absorbed: tri-peptide, dipeptide, and free form amino acid. Now this isnt a discussion on which absorbs faster I just want to note free form is readily absorbed. That being said BECAUSE you are supplementing at such a high dose and doing so with a full range of amino acids necessary for protein synthesis you are essentially, biochemically, taking in more building blocks(when compared to 84 grams of whey) that are essential for recovery and gains. EAA's cannot be produced by the body and are many times the one of the rate limiting amino acid to protein synthesis. Theoretically if dietary protein is adequate, then what you're doing is adding the remaining rate limiting factors PLUS the added BCAAs to catalyze proper protien synthesis geared towards recovery. Anyone else have a view point on said thought process?

You do it b/c you want and b/c it obviously works, therefore there has to be a reason to why it works. I enjoy speculating and deducing the reasons to why and how anything of a physiological nature works. Im just a big nerd that way:bigok:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I keep thinking about picking up a couple of kilos of leucine and trying out that 3-5g once per hour all at once since reading some Layne Norton's recent stuff

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well the thing there is that you want to have protein available when the body is ready to synthesize it so that should work to keep you in that situation. Like you said though it would take a couple kilos to get a good read on it.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Theoretically if dietary protein is adequate, then what you're doing is adding the remaining rate limiting factors PLUS the added BCAAs to catalyze proper protien synthesis geared towards recovery. Anyone else have a view point on said thought process?

Y:
You just got out of a semester of these studies and they are fresh in your mind. Yes, my thought process is simple on Bcaa's , and from what I know Bcaa's work best because they are THE THREE AMINO ACIDS INVOLVED IN REPAIRING AND STIMULATING MUSCLE GROWTH, Leucine, isoleucine, and l valine. I have know this for many years. They are very low calorie while getting in the needed aminos to support growth. Take a scoop of bcaa's and that IS 20-25 calories, take a scoop of whey and that is 100 calories.

I keep thinking about picking up a couple of kilos of leucine and trying out that 3-5g once per hour all at once since reading some Layne Norton's recent stuff
I have tried that before. There are studies that say luecine works better for old people. or even take a gram of extra leucine right after meals. I feel bcaa's are much better than luecine alone.

Well the thing there is that you want to have protein available when the body is ready to synthesize it so that should work to keep you in that situation. Like you said though it would take a couple kilos to get a good read on it.
Kilo's?

yesterday 5-18-2011 I ran for the first time , watched my foot but ran on the side of the road and it was dark(thats where I fell last time and sprained my foot) so I overcame that fear pretty fast. (I dont even think it was a fear)

30 minute run

Four scoops Recoverpro
Four capsules stoked
four capsules hghpro

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is a question and answer by Tom Prince. He is known as having some of the best hamstrings in bodybuilding. Check out that last exercise he describes the smith sldl

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/archive/index.php/t-351796.html

5-12-2011 Triceps and biceps

triceps rope pushdown 120=10, 120=11, 120=10
Preacher curl (leaning into it for full recruitment, none of this bringing it up to take resistance off the bicep to move more weight I see most guys do) 75lbs=12 75lbs=8, 75lbs=8

Nautilus tricep extension 120lbs=11, 120lbs=7, 120=7
Dumbbell concentration curl 35lbs=7, 35lbs=7, 30lbs=8 (2 partials)

One arm cable extension 50lbs=12x's, 70lbs=5x's
one arm cable curl 50lbs=10, 50lbs=10x's

Cable hammer rope curls 100lbs=10, 100lbs=10, 100lbs=10x's ( AROM)

Hghpro 4 capsules
Glycobol 3 capsules
Stoked 3 capsules
recoverpro 5 scoops

*remember I am taking these supplements everyday on a consistent basis, even the days I am not working out, except glycobol, am currently only doing that on workout days or if I do a reffed which is rare currently.

*Had my fourth ARt therapy session. So far no noticeable improvements and I feel my shoulder still hurts, even lifting lighter for myself. He said it looks like it is stretching out. I made the decision to take this week off from all upper body.

* My Sprain is coming along after. however my foot is still swollen and its still getting better. I can walk pretty good on it but no way can do calves yet. I tried fulling around on calve raises today and for a second thought I snapped a tendon , like a sharp pain I never get when I train my calves, so none of that for myself for at least another week or two or three or even four.

5-14-2011

Weight has dropped a good bit to 219 as I have been eating all clean and getting in my meals , almost contest prep actually.

*got a body fat test done today on a $7,000 machine at my gym, says I am 9 . something percent, left paper at my other house. I am pretty lean, I did not think I was that lean though. It also does some other measurements which are pretty cool. I had that test done three months ago and it says I dropped 6.5-7 % body fat which is hard to believe , it could be right though. In addition it says Ive gained a little on my arms and legs which is very possible because I have been hitting it very hard with my training partner George.

I have lost 6 lbs and even gained some muscle so I may have lost more body fat and possibly around 8 lbs and gained 2 lbs of muscle, which is pretty impressive in 2-3 months because my goal was to lose it very slowly, and I accomplished that.

This is impressive to myself in two months^^^^ That is all that matters slow and steady gains because after a long time they really do have incredible momentum

These AI Sports Nutrition supplements really help a ton

5-14-2011 quads

Nautilus Leg extensions 120lbs=12, 140lbs=10x's
Leg press(closer stance for tear drop) 5 plates=10, 5plates=10
barbell squat(low) 240=5x's
Hack squat(widestance) 275=6x's

Hghpro 4 capsules
Glycobol 3 capsules
Stoked 3 capsules
recoverpro 5 scoops
Good work John. I hope the shoulder and foot get well soon.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good work John. I hope the shoulder and foot get well soon.
Thank you Don. I hope so too.

Today I got to the gym and it was closed some 5 mile run think. I went to the park and ran 3 miles. Ankle is still weak and bruised , I had to get my cardio in because I am not training upper body and haven't trained legs this week.

I did some more research and My ARt therapist and I did out 5th session yesterday he worked on the infraspanatis because that is where the pain is coming from, even though the MRI says supraspanatis. Ive been getting work on the supra and it has not seemed to help up until this point. A few weeks off wont kill me , while I am getting ARt and trying to get to the root of the opportunity to get this well, back in 2009 I took 14 months off upper body totally and my arms went down to 16.5 and stayed there so I hold onto muscle well.

Hghpro 4 capsules-great sleep mmmm
Stoked 4 capsules
Recoverpro 4 scoops

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Layne recommends BCAA over Leucine if one is to try what his research suggests.
Good work in here John!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah Kilo's When it comes to BCAA's it is gonna take some time to see if that protocol is actually going to give you anything over your normal recovery and growth. SO a couple months worth of running it like that would come out to a couple kilos worth of BCAA's.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah Kilo's When it comes to BCAA's it is gonna take some time to see if that protocol is actually going to give you anything over your normal recovery and growth. SO a couple months worth of running it like that would come out to a couple kilos worth of BCAA's.
okay like 10-15 yp to 20 scoops daily?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
okay like 10-15 yp to 20 scoops daily?
Yeah I would think it would be however many waking hours times 5 grams so close 75-100 grams a day adds up pretty quickly. Although it would also seem redundant to take any aminos on the hours you are actually eating a protein source. I don't think I would do the hours that I ate a meal just the ones in between.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I would think it would be however many waking hours times 5 grams so close 75-100 grams a day adds up pretty quickly. Although it would also seem redundant to take any aminos on the hours you are actually eating a protein source. I don't think I would do the hours that I ate a meal just the ones in between.
yup I agree and at night IF you awake, if you don't have a protein shake at that time. Maybe that every hour thing I hear about, like an hour after a meal

Today Quads, hams --no calves as of yet, foot is still swollen after over a month now, will take another good month untill back to normal I am thinking. My size isn't going anywhere.

Quads
Nautilus leg extension (feet pointed in a bit for teardrop) 110lbs=12x's, 120lbs=10x's, 130lbs=10x's, 140lbs=10x's
Leg press (close stance for teardrop) 5 plates per side 3 sets 10 reps

Hamstrings
Leg press (very top foor position) 5 plates 2 sets 10 reps
seated leg curl 170lbs=10x's, 200lbs=10x's
Lying leg curl 130lbs 2 sets 6 reps
Incline glute ham raise (body-weight) 10x's
(two part movement)

Maniac 1 scoop pre workout
Recoverpro 4 scoops
Hghpro 4 capsules
Stoked 4 capsules

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yup I agree and at night IF you awake, if you don't have a protein shake at that time. Maybe that every hour thing I hear about, like an hour after a meal

Today Quads, hams --no calves as of yet, foot is still swollen after over a month now, will take another good month untill back to normal I am thinking. My size isn't going anywhere.

Quads
Nautilus leg extension (feet pointed in a bit for teardrop) 110lbs=12x's, 120lbs=10x's, 130lbs=10x's, 140lbs=10x's
Leg press (close stance for teardrop) 5 plates per side 3 sets 10 reps

Hamstrings
Leg press (very top foor position) 5 plates 2 sets 10 reps
seated leg curl 170lbs=10x's, 200lbs=10x's
Lying leg curl 130lbs 2 sets 6 reps
Incline glute ham raise (body-weight) 10x's
(two part movement)

Maniac 1 scoop pre workout
Recoverpro 4 scoops
Hghpro 4 capsules
Stoked 4 capsules
Nice work John.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
last couple days Ive been getting in my cardio. No hard cardio because my foot is still feeling funny, its been five weeks. I can walk though, power walk and run slowly sometimes.

* Went to my ARt therapist today for my 6th session and I will continue to take off upper body for the time being. We are pinpointing the opportunity to get this shoulder better by me describing and trying to pinpoint EXACTLy where the pain is coming from. Even though the dye injected MRi says supraspat, it feels like infraspatra and supra, and maybe another area so i just report what i feel and he works on it.

I feel we are getting closer to healing up the opportunity to get this shoulder better since we are more specific and the fact I am doing no upper body whatsoever.

Everything on a daily basis
Hghpro 4 capsules
Stoked 4 caosuels
recoverpro 4 scoops give or take some days
Maniac on weight training days which is only once a week-legs
Motivate maybe once every week or two.

* I can not wait to get back on more of my AI Sports Supplements when my shoulder is good and ready *

The hghpro really helps my sleep, and growth hormone levels and I love it. In addition, Stoked and Recoverpro each have their great benefit. While I am down on the upper body what better way to keep things interesting than to add in perform. lol we will see

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Keep being patient bro...It will be worth the wait!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
tried a sample of recoverpro this morning, very tasty. went ahead and ordered more.

also got a sample pack of perform.....oh boy!!!!!:redeemerwhore:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
tried a sample of recoverpro this morning, very tasty. went ahead and ordered more.

also got a sample pack of perform.....oh boy!!!!!:redeemerwhore:

did you know there a buy 3 get 3 for free of recoverpro?

yeah I may start perform soon as well. Will be good to compare notes :bigok:

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
I love Perform!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
did you know there a buy 3 get 3 for free of recoverpro?

yeah I may start perform soon as well. Will be good to compare notes :bigok:
didn't see that deal in time....oh well it is cheap enough , no worries.

only had the 1 sample pack of perform, amazing how it works so fast!!!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive had a shoulder injury for 17 months( and tried everything) currently on my 6th session of ART

maybe I better reduce my dosage of 1200 mgs to 600 mgs of the resveratrol in stoked as although it may not be, it could be effecting healing time

Ive seen quite a couple or few times searching that high dosing resveratrol is reported to cause joint discomfort and tendon pain and thins the blood. In the health arena the optimal dosing is 100-1000 mgs with 1000 being on the high side. Ive been taking 1200 mgs for months. Time to take stoked down to one cap per day for now.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ive had a shoulder injury for 17 months( and tried everything) currently on my 6th session of ART

maybe I better reduce my dosage of 1200 mgs to 600 mgs of the resveratrol in stoked as although it may not be, it could be effecting healing time

Ive seen quite a couple or few times searching that high dosing resveratrol is reported to cause joint discomfort and tendon pain and thins the blood. In the health arena the optimal dosing is 100-1000 mgs with 1000 being on the high side. Ive been taking 1200 mgs for months. Time to take stoked down to one cap per day for now.
damn, i have gone as high as 4-6 stoked per day, albeit for short runs, but never had any bad effects. it never agravated my arthritis at any rate.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
damn, i have gone as high as 4-6 stoked per day, albeit for short runs, but never had any bad effects. it never agravated my arthritis at any rate.
I am not even sure it is , it is just something that is possible.

If it does not bother it I see no harm in taking a higher dose of resveratrol.

after i get this shoulder challenge squared away I may jump back on higher dosing. I am just being real analytical and looking for even more ways to eliminate possible causes , even though I have eliminated many.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am not even sure it is , it is just something that is possible.

If it does not bother it I see no harm in taking a higher dose of resveratrol.

after i get this shoulder challenge squared away I may jump back on higher dosing. I am just being real analytical and looking for even more ways to eliminate possible causes , even though I have eliminated many.
i hear you, john. when i have pain or injury i look at every option.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was thinking 6 ed as well... I usually just go 4 though...

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
4 works well for me so i never bothered to try and up the dose...

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Last couple days been doing cardio

yesterday cooked out with parents and brother. did an extra 45 minutes cardio to burn some calories...Did motivate and it allowed me to push harder

Today quads and hamstrongs

8 minute bike warmup
warmup with hip rolls, ham light stretch, bodyweight lunge stretch(A dorian Yates warmup for legs)
Quads
Nautilus leg extension
(feet pointed inward) 120lbs=12x's, 130lbs=10x's, 140lbs=10x's, 150lbs=10x's
Leg press (closer stance to hit teardrop) 5 plates and a 10(per side)= 10,10,10

Hamstrings
Bodymaster seated leg curl 180lbs=10x's, 190lbs=7, 8
Lying leg curl 130lbs=7, 140lbs=4, 130lbs=6
Incline glute ham riases(two part movement) bodyweight=10x's, +25 lbs=10x's

Hghpro 4 capsules
Stoked- one capsule
Recoverpro five scoops
Glycobol two capsules
Maniac- one scoop * could have taken two because the cardio from yesterday wore me out....may play with this

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last couple days been doing cardio

yesterday cooked out with parents and brother. did an extra 45 minutes cardio to burn some calories...Did motivate and it allowed me to push harder

Today quads and hamstrongs

8 minute bike warmup
warmup with hip rolls, ham light stretch, bodyweight lunge stretch(A dorian Yates warmup for legs)
Quads
Nautilus leg extension
(feet pointed inward) 120lbs=12x's, 130lbs=10x's, 140lbs=10x's, 150lbs=10x's
Leg press (closer stance to hit teardrop) 5 plates and a 10(per side)= 10,10,10

Hamstrings
Bodymaster seated leg curl 180lbs=10x's, 190lbs=7, 8
Lying leg curl 130lbs=7, 140lbs=4, 130lbs=6
Incline glute ham riases(two part movement) bodyweight=10x's, +25 lbs=10x's

Hghpro 4 capsules
Stoked- one capsule
Recoverpro five scoops
Glycobol two capsules
Maniac- one scoop * could have taken two because the cardio from yesterday wore me out....may play with this

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Way to be methodical about the recovery on the shoulder. I completely understand the work you are putting in to avoid a surgery. Hopefully with all this rest and what not you will be able to get it under control. So are you keeing the abs intact since you can't really focus on anything besides legs? Are you doing any isolated arm movements? Stuff you can take the shoulder joint out of the move or just staying completely away from all that is upper body?

Do you still or did you ever do the exercise DC put out for the shoulders to help aid in recovery? I use it when my shoulder tweaks a little and it always helps me get it under control. I should just use it all the time would make more sense. LOL