AI Sports helps get RickRock PUMPED and RIPPED with Agmatine and Raspberry Ketones!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doug... You walked right into that one Brother!!!

Rick... You must be referring to that useless fluffy stuff between your ears! :nutkick:
Badda bing :)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, I started off this morning looking like I was holding a little water, and the scale reflected that. I was 166.5 and the water retention washed out a little bit of definition. It was a bit of a shock to me considering the only carbs I had other than trace amounts yesterday was one sweet potato at my last meal. The one bad thing about sweet potatoes is that they are so low on the GI scale and digest very slowly, so that likely explains why I'm holding water this morning...

Despite that, my workout went very well and I felt I had a ton of energy (probably another result of the slow digesting complex carbs). I powered through the workout very well, and had some great numbers that matched some previous PRs. Pumps were insane and I looked very huge today! My vascularity wasn't quite as good as last week and definition looked slightly washed out, but I think that is mostly because of the water retention

Now that I've hit my bodyfat goal, my Cal's will be starting to change sometime this week or next. It will be a bit tricky as I don't want to gain any bodyfat and want to stay around 6% all the way through summer. My training will pretty much stay the same, but I will be adding about 400-500 Cal's to each build day and I will adjust from there if needed. My burn days will probably stay about the same. So that will put me at 3200-3300 Cal's build days and still at 1800-2k burn

Chest/triceps

DB flat bench press
90sx15
100sx9x8
90x10x9

Smith incline bench
160x10
180x8
170x9
160x10x9

Flye machine
220x12
245x8
230x9
220x10
200x12

Close grip smith bench
180x7
160x8
140x10x10

Rope push Downs (superset with BW dips)
130x12, BWx13
140x9, BWx12
135x10, BWx11
130x10, BW x10

Triceps machine
190x10
180x10
170x11

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah it doesn't take much to notice, when you are that lean...

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You are not going to think so till you look back on your pics a couple of months from now... funny thing perception...
You are probably right. I just don't think I look that great or that ripped at all, especially when I'm relaxed, without a pump, vascularity is down, retaining water, etc.....fockin mind games...lol

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks rick. Yea I got which one it is.. I like that one too. 20 sets for lArge n ten for small a week? Or session? You hit chest once a week so maybe 4 exercises 5 sets just example.. Shoulders would u classify as small?

And for bis/tris 10 sets over the two sessions in the week? Or 5 sets twice a week?
Last- just curious do u separate each lift day with a burn day? Thank you
These are just guidelines I go by....don't overcomplicate things. What works for me may not work for you....but yeh when I say how many sets, that is per session. Just look at any of my workouts on here if you want to see how I do it.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday are all build days for me

Thursday, Saturday and Sunday are burn days

Tuesdays I do weights in the Am and light cardio in the pm and Cal's are generally around 300-400 over maintenance to put it kinda between a build/burn day....more of a "maintenance day"

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for answering my questions, greatly appreciated n love the log so far. Definitely staying along for the ride. Btw, rk's are very awesome supp.. I used them last month 30 min prior to meals with my gda and ursobolic. I took a scheduled week off from lifting (two max a year+3-4 light/deload weeks) I lost 4 pounds that off week doing only one cardio day n no dietary changes!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeh I noticed....lol. one sweet potato and I hold water....wow
Might be more due to salt intake or not enough water etc... it's always more about salt when you hold in your skin. Can't really blame the carbs unless you eat enough to spill over.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Might be more due to salt intake or not enough water etc... it's always more about salt when you hold in your skin. Can't really blame the carbs unless you eat enough to spill over.
That's probably right. I don't salt anything, but there may have been a higher sodium content in some of my seasonings. I may have lacked a little in water intake too..

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pretty decent workout overall today. No PRs or anything, but I was still impressed with the weight I was moving. I am very impressed with my size and how it has come along. Its much more reflected in the mirror than the scale shows. On that note, my average weight has been going up lately and I am still leaning ever so slightly with the help of the RK.....so I think I've gained a decent amount of LBM through this recomp. My weight has been 166 or higher for several days now. I was at 167 this morning.

I had quite a bit of carbs yesterday which I'm sure contributed to my fullness. Then you add in the Agmatine and its great pumps, and I was looking Effin huge! Vascularity was shining again as well. I've got small spidering veins I've been noticing coming in on my arms, lats, and some other places. Its looking pretty cool!

Back/Biceps

Wide grip pull ups
BWx19x15x10

Tbar rows (seated)
180x12
225x7
190x11x10
180x10

Bent over smith rows
160x11
180x9x9
160x10

Dorsiflexor
285x10
300x8
285x9
270x10

Lat pulldowns (close v-grip)
180x10
170x10x10

Alternate DB curls
50sx10
55sx8
50sx10

Bisolator
220x10x10

Double bicep cable curls (double drop set)
70x9,50x9,40x10

I will probably do about 45 minutes or so of incline treadmill walking this evening for a nice moderate session and 400-500 cal burn ;)

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
Maintaining strength while recomping? Nice work and perfectly executed. I bet the PRs will start coming again in a few workouts. I agree with you, the scale does you no justice. The pics do tho. You look like you'd rip a mofo head off.

Keep it up!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maintaining strength while recomping? Nice work and perfectly executed. I bet the PRs will start coming again in a few workouts. I agree with you, the scale does you no justice. The pics do tho. You look like you'd rip a mofo head off.

Keep it up!
Yah that's what I have seen, perfect execution through all the logs this winter and last fall when it all started.

EArch

Awards
  • Established
Thats a good back/bi workout right there Rick, keep it up man.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Keep it up!
Thanks Morry! I can't complain with how its went

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yah that's what I have seen, perfect execution through all the logs this winter and last fall when it all started.
Thanks Doug. As you know also, the diet has the biggest hand in all of it. As long as I hit the macros and cals I'm looking for each day, the body responds just like I want it to. It can be very slow in terms of fat loss and muscle gain at times, but after a few months you look back and realize you've really made some progress ;)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I seemed to dry out quite a bit yesterday and I'm back to looking very lean and vascular today. Every time I dry out I look a tad bit improved over the last time and will see some small, but nice changes. I think I'm due for pics again this weekend so hopefully they should look even better than the last, even though the fat loss has slowed considerably now that I've started adding Cal's back. The biggest difference may be in my fullness...I will just have to wait and see

Workout today was decent. I didn't push too hard and kept everything about the same as last week, bit some exercises I was able to get a rep or two more.

Shoulders/hamstrings/calves

DB shoulder press
80sx13x10x9
70sx11

Smith military press
160x9
150x9
140x10

Behind the neck smith press
130x9
120x10x10

Upright rows
95x12
105x10
115x9
105x10

DB lateral raise
45sx10x10
40sx10

Shrugs
270x10x10x10

Single leg curls
70x12 (PR)
80x10x10 (PR)
70x11

Calf raises (seated)
185x19 (PR)
210x15 (PR)
220x12x11 (PR)
185x15

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Doug. As you know also, the diet has the biggest hand in all of it. As long as I hit the macros and cals I'm looking for each day, the body responds just like I want it to. It can be very slow in terms of fat loss and muscle gain at times, but after a few months you look back and realize you've really made some progress ;)
Yah it's how I went about things last year and I am sold, I am for the slow long change.. :) I will be shocking people again this summer ... :)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yah it's how I went about things last year and I am sold, I am for the slow long change.. :) I will be shocking people again this summer ... :)
No doubt in my mind that you will be....I'm hoping to be turning some heads ina good way myself :sgrin:

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cardio/burn day today....I'm definitely still leaning more, even though it has slowed considerably. I'm still noticing changes that show further leaning. I even had to punch a new hole in my work belt today because it was just getting way too loose at its tightest point.

Next week I will be adding more Cal's to workout days and I expect that the fat loss will probably be close to a halt at that point. I'm fine with that as long as it doesn't go the other direction and i start gaining fat. I may have to play with numbers for a while until I find the sweet spot to where I can gain muscle very slowly but not gain any fat at all.

Had a lot of carbs last night, but I actually didn't look too bad this morning in terms of bloat or anything. I think the raspberry ketones are really helping with that. They go perfectly hand in hand with a nutrient partitioner to minimize any negative impact from excessive carbs IMO

Treadmill for 35 minutes this morning....25 minutes 8 MPH jogging and 10 minutes 3.5MPH@15% incline for a 475 cal burn

Followed that up with 15 minutes HIIT elliptical for a 200 cal burn

Total burn 675 Cal's

I may do 30 minutes or so of incline walking tonight as well

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice update Rick. Gonna go duplicate your cardio after class :)

Just wondering - with the elliptical hiit - do u increase The resistance for the intensity interval ? Or do you leave resistance the same and just increase your speed?

Whenever ive done elliptical hiit I'll do like 8 resistance for rest interval and 11-13 for intensity and increase my speed. Also what Intervals do you use? 1:1? 15rest:30high, etc? Just curious! Thanks

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No doubt in my mind that you will be....I'm hoping to be turning some heads ina good way myself :sgrin:
Oh you will and your young enough to take advantage, are you married... ?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh you will and your young enough to take advantage, are you married... ?
Yeh I'm married.....but I'm happily married (most of the time...lol). Besides, to me getting attention is better than cheating and there is no guilt associated with it.....my wife knows I love the attention so I plan on getting as much of that this summer as possible!!

I am outside shirtless as much as possible during the summer and it drives my wife crazy....especially because we have a cougar that lives across the street that ALWAYS comes out to do things outside coincidentally and watches me every time I do yard work..:D

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
Subbed in for another one of ricks logs. Damn man, do you ever take a break?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed in for another one of ricks logs. Damn man, do you ever take a break?
Hell no....I ain't got time for breaks, but I do have time to kill that sh1t! :saw:

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
Hell no....I ain't got time for breaks, but I do have time to kill that sh1t! :saw:

You think you strong?! I could take you... Jokes :). Keep killing it man. Gotta catch up on everything I've missed so far.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to deload next week, I am going to take Chris's advice and just do body weight stuff....

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have to deload next week, I am going to take Chris's advice and just do body weight stuff....
Always wondered the best/most utilized method to deload .. I usually just do core lifts with 50-60% plus some body weight stuff 2-3x a week with light walking.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Always wondered the best/most utilized method to deload .. I usually just do core lifts with 50-60% plus some body weight stuff 2-3x a week with light walking.
Yah 50% not to much volume is good. Chris MrKleen, recommended just body weight stuff and I decided that was the way to go for my current situation.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm going to be doing a deload or possible just a whole week off pretty soon myself

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm going to be doing a deload or possible just a whole week off pretty soon myself
Did thst two weeks ago after a year+ no breaks/deloads... It was the best week ever

So. Now I'm gonna do it every 6-8 weeks alternating deloads and completely off

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, a few things to talk about today. First off, my weight was the lowest its been since summer this morning. I was a very dry, very depleted 164....mostly due to yesterdays burn day and very little carbs. I still looked fairly full even though I was depleted, especially once I got a decent pump going from the Agmatine.
I am looking mad ripped right now. I noticed this at first when yesterday when getting out of the tanning bed. Tanning always makes the veins pop out anyways, but after my tanning session it was nuts. Veins going everywhere. They were going across the chest and across my Delts looked like road maps. The cuts separating my ABS look deeper now too. There is no question to me that I'm sub 6% right now!

And secondly, gym performance!! I had a great workout that was kinda unexpected. I figured from being so depleted it would affect performance but quite the opposite happened, and I ended up getting some PRs on lots of arm work and on Hack squats!

Arms/quads

Hack squat
270x15 (PR)
360x12 (PR)
410x8 (PR)
360x10
320x11
270x12

Leg extensions
160x10x10x10x10

Weighted dips
BW + 90 x 15 (PR)
BW + 125 x9x8 (PR)
BW + 90x12

Skull crushers
105x12 (PR)
115x8 (PR)
105x11x10

DB hammer curls
50sx13 (PR)
55sx12 (PR)
60sx10 (PR)

BB curls
85x13 (PR)
105x8 (PR)
95x9
85x10

Bisolator (superset with cable curls)
220x15 (PR), 110x10
230x11 (PR), 110x10

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did thst two weeks ago after a year+ no breaks/deloads... It was the best week ever

So. Now I'm gonna do it every 6-8 weeks alternating deloads and completely off
Yeh I'm getting just about due for that. Its been a while for me

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow great w/o RR

Man i wish my gym had a hack squat.. Wanna incorporate those in my routine baaaad

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, a few things to talk about today. First off, my weight was the lowest its been since summer this morning. I was a very dry, very depleted 164....mostly due to yesterdays burn day and very little carbs. I still looked fairly full even though I was depleted, especially once I got a decent pump going from the Agmatine.
I am looking mad ripped right now. I noticed this at first when yesterday when getting out of the tanning bed. Tanning always makes the veins pop out anyways, but after my tanning session it was nuts. Veins going everywhere. They were going across the chest and across my Delts looked like road maps. The cuts separating my ABS look deeper now too. There is no question to me that I'm sub 6% right now!

And secondly, gym performance!! I had a great workout that was kinda unexpected. I figured from being so depleted it would affect performance but quite the opposite happened, and I ended up getting some PRs on lots of arm work and on Hack squats!

Arms/quads

Hack squat
270x15 (PR)
360x12 (PR)
410x8 (PR)
360x10
320x11
270x12

Leg extensions
160x10x10x10x10

Weighted dips
BW + 90 x 15 (PR)
BW + 125 x9x8 (PR)
BW + 90x12

Skull crushers
105x12 (PR)
115x8 (PR)
105x11x10

DB hammer curls
50sx13 (PR)
55sx12 (PR)
60sx10 (PR)

BB curls
85x13 (PR)
105x8 (PR)
95x9
85x10

Bisolator (superset with cable curls)
220x15 (PR), 110x10
230x11 (PR), 110x10
Wow sllaying a lot of dragons in here...

Ha yah I was using agmatine and 4 caps of Creatine Nitrate they other day ... when I did bb curls I crushed them but I couldn't move my arms for a long time.. I was way fuggin overpumped and it hurt like hell.. I liked it though :)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow great w/o RR

Man i wish my gym had a hack squat.. Wanna incorporate those in my routine baaaad
Definitely bro...I can push them much harder than Squats because of it supporting the lower back and keeping it straight. Squats put so much strain there, and with my lower back issues I can't go super heavy. I haven't been over 265 on squats for quite a while now

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow sllaying a lot of dragons in here...

Ha yah I was using agmatine and 4 caps of Creatine Nitrate they other day ... when I did bb curls I crushed them but I couldn't move my arms for a long time.. I was way fuggin overpumped and it hurt like hell.. I liked it though :)
I'm sure that was some insane pumps! I've had some that were almost painful they were so big too, but it definitely hurt soooo good! Agmatine is no joke on pumps!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Burn/cardio day today

I carbed up pretty big yesterday, and I feel I needed it. I wanted to fill up pretty good before the low cal and carbs burn days this weekend, along with the planned pics tomorrow.

This morning was 30 minutes treadmill jogging 8 MPH. I got nearly 4 miles in, and burned 410 Cal's

Tonight I will probably do another 30 minutes of incline walking

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
Burn/cardio day today

I carbed up pretty big yesterday, and I feel I needed it. I wanted to fill up pretty good before the low cal and carbs burn days this weekend, along with the planned pics tomorrow.

This morning was 30 minutes treadmill jogging 8 MPH. I got nearly 4 miles in, and burned 410 Cal's

Tonight I will probably do another 30 minutes of incline walking
8mph is not a "jog" ....

Nice work and def looking forward to the pics. Totally Homo.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8mph is not a "jog" ....

Nice work and def looking forward to the pics. Totally Homo.
Yah on the treadmill that is fast. Even at my best I was about 9 miles an hour when I did a 5K... actually would have been more like 8.5 and that is not doable on a treadmill for me.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yah on the treadmill that is fast. Even at my best I was about 9 miles an hour when I did a 5K... actually would have been more like 8.5 and that is not doable on a treadmill for me.
Yeaa. When I do my timed mile and a half I start at 8.2 and end at 9-9.5 totaling low 10 min mark. But I couldn't hold 8 for 30 mins! Very nice pace there.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The last couple days I've been busier than sh1t, and haven't had time to update everything. Now that I have time I wanted to bring everyone up to speed on what's been going on...

My planned pics on Sunday didn't happen for a couple reasons. I didn't have time because I was so busy, and i also ended up going to a nephews birthday party and ate cake, ice cream, and other things that I shouldn't have for a burn day. The result was a lot of bloat and water retention.....not good for pics. So...I will just plan to do pics this weekend after I get this current bloat cleaned up...more on that in a minute.

Yesterday and today's workout was absolutely incredible. I matched or nested PRs in many chest and back exercises, and my pumps have been absolutely insane! I had quite a Carb up yesterday, and you add that to the bloat I carried over from the weekend, and I ballooned up to 168 this morning. That is the heaviest I've been in weeks. So even though today is technically a build day, I'm keeping the carbs low, and the Cal's will be down from a typical build day and probably be under 2400 to clean up some.

The good news is that because of all the glycogen and water I was carrying, I was very full. I can honestly say I have NEVER looked as huge as I did this morning. It was nice! You combine that with the 4 caps of Agmatine I had preworkout, and the result was pumps that were almost painful! I think the Agmatine and extra glycogen really added to my performance, and the reason I had such good workouts ;)

Chest/triceps (yesterday)

BB flat bench
135x15
225x14
245x8
265x4
235x8
225x10

DB incline bench
80sx12 (PR)
85sx9x8 (PR)
80sx10
70sx12

DB flyes
50sx12
55sx10x10
50sx10x10

Cable flyes (double drop sets)
80x10, 60x9, 40x10
80x8, 60x8, 40x9

Triceps push Downs (vgrip)
120x10
130x10x9 (PR)
120x10
110x12

Back/biceps (today)

Tbar rows
180x15 (PR)
225x9 (PR)
205x9
195x11
180x12

DB rows
105sx12 (PR)
110sx11x10 (PR)
105sx10

Dorsiflexor
285x14 (PR)
300x10 (PR)
315x8 (PR)
285x10

Cable rows
180x10
170x10x10

Alternate DB curls
50sx10x9
45sx10

DB preachers
50x10x9x8

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was better than my Tbars!! although in my defense I use very quite form and when I did my 225 for 5 it was after doing the warrior...:( My rhomboids are still complaining...