hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Careful Rocket3015 hairygrandpa might be considering eating some azz at this point....
I swear I did not think of eating that chicks azz, now I do.... Thank you... :(

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking in the mirror and evaluating my physique, I think i need to add a little size to my Inner Chest, anyone have any good ideas on a movement or two for that area ??

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking in the mirror and evaluating my physique, I think i need to add a little size to my Inner Chest, anyone have any good ideas on a movement or two for that area ??
I like to superset Dumbell flyes with Dumbell pullovers. If you focus the pullover movement right it really adds a gnarly pump to the chest. The Svend press is always good for that area of the chest. I also like doing a set of flyes till near failure and then hold the dbells in an extreme stretch for as long as possible till it hurts. Then I follow up with a pressing movement.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I love chasing the pump and catching a good superset. That sounds pretty good Jebrook. Never tried that one.

I’ll be sure to throw my 2 cents in on chest if I figure it out myself Rocket lol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like to superset Dumbell flyes with Dumbell pullovers. If you focus the pullover movement right it really adds a gnarly pump to the chest. The Svend press is always good for that area of the chest. I also like doing a set of flyes till near failure and then hold the dbells in an extreme stretch for as long as possible till it hurts. Then I follow up with a pressing movement.
Thanks, I will give these movements a try.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What do we do on Sunday ............. Meal Prep !!

Chicken Breast - 4 oz Venison Burgers ........

Prep 2.jpg

Prep.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nope, My other son-in-law shoot the dear in bow season and stop bought chicken !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Jeans4.jpg

Todays Crush

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hex press..arms fully extended at the top of motion and pinch those pecs.....
And green olives!!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes sir!!!! That's what we do!!! Some spend 12+ hours on the forum on their Sunday. Not me, meal prep...workout...family time...
Looks great big buddy
I tried to cook this on the Grille last night but 60 mph winds kept blowing the grilled out, so in the oven it went !!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I tried to cook this on the Grille last night but 60 mph winds kept blowing the grilled out, so in the oven it went !!
I got home a lil late last night from basketball, my wife managed somehow to grill. Charcoal too....God bless her

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hex press..arms fully extended at the top of motion and pinch those pecs.....
And green olives!!!
I just started the hex press about a month ago after watching skraw video. They have helped me for sure. Yesterday I went hex press straight into db bench...my sh1t was on fire

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just started the hex press about a month ago after watching skraw video. They have helped me for sure. Yesterday I went hex press straight into db bench...my sh1t was on fire
Thanks !!

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Had to look those hex presses up. Looks legit!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have a hard time with dumbells and my shoulders, but I have a bar I think I could do them with.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hex press = no problem for shoulders! Mind muscle connection is key for this exercise. I press the DB's together as the arms extend, focus on chest activation.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hex press = no problem for shoulders! Mind muscle connection is key for this exercise. I press the DB's together as the arms extend, focus on chest activation.
I noticed if I lay down, lay the dbs basically on my stomach with bottom of db by my waist line, and top of db right under my chest. It makes the exercise super hard, but targets that lower chest area also

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I noticed if I lay down, lay the dbs basically on my stomach with bottom of db by my waist line, and top of db right under my chest. It makes the exercise super hard, but targets that lower chest area also
YES! And on top, when arms are fully extended, I do a kipping-forward movement with my wrists, while pressing DB's together. Best done with hexagonal DB's.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My shoulders won't even let me do a push up but I can Hex Press!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My shoulders won't even let me do a push up but I can Hex Press!
You can. Use handles -or do them on fists and grab handles so your thumbs point forward, keep elbows close to body.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can. Use handles -or do them on fists and grab handles so your thumbs point forward, keep elbows close to body.
I do these at home sometimes. I have an old set of push-up handles at home. Just can't go deep.
But far as a common push up no dice! its all about Hand placement. Even with my standing cable fly's.
We have a Hammer strength incline press at the gym that has the handles in a 45 degree angle. not bad just can't fully extend the arms without pain.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do these at home sometimes. I have an old set of push-up handles at home. Just can't go deep.
But far as a common push up no dice! its all about Hand placement. Even with my standing cable fly's.
We have a Hammer strength incline press at the gym that has the handles in a 45 degree angle. not bad just can't fully extend the arms without pain.
Almost same here...but hey, look at you! Working around the issue gives results anyway!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wish I hadn't done chest this morning, I want to give these a try !!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Almost same here...but hey, look at you! Working around the issue gives results anyway!
It's a challenge. But I have embraced it. Kind of fun trying new lifts. My first 20 years was almost all compound lifts. Big weight or go home. took its toll.
It was hard to get out of that mentality but the old body made me. (Its a mental thing when it comes to building muscle when you cant bench/Squat or Dead.
Last night the front part of my left shoulder started bothering me. just dropped the weight a little and didn't get carried away with it. Been off the flexatril for about 4 months. looks like its time to start back up. have a few bottles in my stash. Good thing it only hurts when I activate my shoulders. Even had to use the cheater Pull-up thing last night. Regular pull ups were killing me. Kind of cool doing 30 pull ups instead of 12.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am thinking about buying a Sling Shot to see if it help the shoulders when benching ....

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am thinking about buying a Sling Shot to see if it help the shoulders when benching ....
Personally, I would try to perfect push ups instead. Did them to exhaustion in ways My shoulder permitted. One day I tried benching, just to gauge if I could still do it, guess what, after one year without benching at all, I did 10+225 and 2x265. Meaning for me: push ups (different forms, like elevated , hands below chest...) -substitute bench press.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Personally, I would try to perfect push ups instead. Did them to exhaustion in ways My shoulder permitted. One day I tried benching, just to gauge if I could still do it, guess what, after one year without benching at all, I did 10+225 and 2x265. Meaning for me: push ups (different forms, like elevated , hands below chest...) -substitute bench press.
Something to think about !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It without a doubt will. I gave one of mine to a friend who drives for UPS. His shoulders are toast after decades of abuse and he cannot even get his hands on a bar to squat - the bottom 3 inches of bench at any grip is painful. But not in the slingshot.

They are cheap and fun - worth it.

I agree building pushups would be a great way to build size and strength - they just flat out work. However, what I’ve seen is often older guys just still wanna bench sometimes. If that’s his real desire, the Slingshot is worth his time.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hyde It Funny you say that about Squatting and Holding the bar, The Dave Drapper Top Squat is a life Saver, I love Mine !!

Top Squat.jpg

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hyde It Funny you say that about Squatting and Holding the bar, The Dave Drapper Top Squat is a life Saver, I love Mine !!

View attachment 180052
You’re definitely a candidate then lol. Basically how I’m squatting currently with the healing bicep.

In order of increasing assistance the Slingshots go: Blue, Red, Yellow, then Black. I love my yellow, which is kinda rubberized in feel, and guys who have bought it love it. Blue is softer, more of a cloth, and the least artificial help pressing off the chest while still reinforcing the shoulder girdle when you lower the weight - that’s what you want if you don’t want so much overload.

Black is so stiff you won’t be able to get less than 225 to your chest, and is for guys benching around 4 plates. Red is a compromise between yellow and blue, the original strength.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I thinking red ...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Cindy30.png

Nice day for Cindy !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lots of good suggestions in here!

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Can confirm holy mother of pump with Hex press

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
SNS 19.jpg

Got these to go along with some future plans !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hyde, This is a pair of handles so I could squat using my Smith Machine - No more shoulder pain trying to reach the bar !

Smith2.jpg

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's a challenge. But I have embraced it. Kind of fun trying new lifts. My first 20 years was almost all compound lifts. Big weight or go home. took its toll.
It was hard to get out of that mentality but the old body made me. (Its a mental thing when it comes to building muscle when you cant bench/Squat or Dead.
Last night the front part of my left shoulder started bothering me. just dropped the weight a little and didn't get carried away with it. Been off the flexatril for about 4 months. looks like its time to start back up. have a few bottles in my stash. Good thing it only hurts when I activate my shoulders. Even had to use the cheater Pull-up thing last night. Regular pull ups were killing me. Kind of cool doing 30 pull ups instead of 12.
I just got a ultima 5 tens machine...it seems hit or miss for a lot of guys but it's helping my shoulder quite a bit after only a few uses

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just got a ultima 5 tens machine...it seems hit or miss for a lot of guys but it's helping my shoulder quite a bit after only a few uses
I had to Goolge ultima 5 tens machine but it looks interesting ??? I believe Frank Zane was a big fan of these years ago.