6 Week Fat Loss Challenge

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm overdoing on work. There oughta be some kind of law or something....

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Intense day today. Worked out with the weights early afternoon, spent a couple hours moving a ton of stuff out of my house and into a dumpster which was moderate exercise, then spent 75 minutes on the exercise bike at low intensity. Fitbit is saying I've burned close to 3400 calories today...should end around about 3600-3700 calories. Intake has been about 800 calories.
FireTitan SFreed hairygrandpa BEAST73 josun habajaba RegisterJr justhere4comm travwj - how you guys doing?

Have you all started? Wondering how you guys all plan to accomplish this...we are talking a 10,500 calorie per week deficit on paper...probably more than that in life. How is this going for you guys?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Intense day today. Worked out with the weights early afternoon, spent a couple hours moving a ton of stuff out of my house and into a dumpster which was moderate exercise, then spent 75 minutes on the exercise bike at low intensity. Fitbit is saying I've burned close to 3400 calories today...should end around about 3600-3700 calories. Intake has been about 800 calories.
FireTitan SFreed hairygrandpa BEAST73 josun habajaba RegisterJr justhere4comm travwj - how you guys doing?

Have you all started? Wondering how you guys all plan to accomplish this...we are talking a 10,500 calorie per week deficit on paper...probably more than that in life. How is this going for you guys?
I'm starting on Friday (Mini-PCT) right into the 6 week fat loss challenge.

Details Here:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/285642-otc-pct-then.html#post5509379

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Monday for me. Had out of state meetings Thursday and Friday, then 13 hour workdays both today and tomorrow. Then I'll be hittin it hard! (at least until Wednesday, when I have to drive my Mom to southern Missouri to see some relatives).

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
I'm on vacation this week. So I'm basically trying to abstain from as much as I can without making vacation no fun. But I'm still working out, so I'm "playing for the tie" as they say, this week. Back at it full force next week, sir.

My plan was to stick with my 1500-1700 and that should get me 10# over the 6 wks. Worried I'll be gaining enough muscle to offset fat loss right now. Epidrone helped me drop some out of the gate, but it's leveling off even though there is a definite recomp happening. Won't know til I try though.

In a couple weeks, I'm taking my Epidrone log to the next level by adding Sup3r-4. Thinking that may add some weight too.

Either way, I'ma give it a shot starting a week from Monday when I am home.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Started today and it was a rest day, so just dropped my cals and will hit the gym early Monday morning. Looking to up the intensity with my training and try and get some SSC after work.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Im here and already getting this started. Hit the scale this morning and down to 219.2, so Im thinking its going in the right direction. Yesterday was 1,060 calories, 198 protein, and 46 carbs. Will be some lifting and cardio today.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Photos taken today, weighed in at 173.6 after being stuck for around a month between 175-178. Beginning of day 5 I believe.

IMG_20160918_073533.resized.jpg

IMG_20160918_073558.resized.jpg

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Photos taken today, weighed in at 173.6 after being stuck for around a month between 175-178. Beginning of day 5 I believe.
Nice man. Always feels good to bust out of a plateau!

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established

View attachment 140362

View attachment 140363
Nice one. That's a good start. It's always good to break a plateau and see some changes either on the scale or in the mirror.

I was in the gym early this morning to get in a leg session that focuses on hammies and glutes with a bit of quads. Followed it up with a 10 minute cool down on the treadmill.

Should be a physical day for me at work today giving bomb crew a hand to load a shot.

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

I'll be starting up tomorrow guys. Took this pic a couple days ago. Starting weight is 231lbs.

Should I be making a separate thread for my log? Or are we all consolidating are stuff in this thread?

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My weight is down to 227.5.. Calorie intake is 800-1100 a day..

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I'll be starting up tomorrow guys. Took this pic a couple days ago. Starting weight is 231lbs.

Should I be making a separate thread for my log? Or are we all consolidating are stuff in this thread?
Looking strong man! And thats a good question, not sure

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Lookin beastly man!
(As I slowly go back and delete my pic)
You guys are killing me!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good work!! Nice to see those numbers go in the direction youve been working for!!
Yes, I was hoping this would push me past my sticking point. Got people like you working hard, so I have to step up too!

Nice man. Always feels good to bust out of a plateau!
Absolutely. Feeling "unstuck"

Nice one. That's a good start. It's always good to break a plateau and see some changes either on the scale or in the mirror.

I was in the gym early this morning to get in a leg session that focuses on hammies and glutes with a bit of quads. Followed it up with a 10 minute cool down on the treadmill.

Should be a physical day for me at work today giving bomb crew a hand to load a shot.
Legs and a physical day at work? That is the way to get started. Keep it up!

Wesb - you are looking jacked. You going for the full 18? I think you'll be ripped. As far as the logs - everyone is free to start their own logs or post here. I kind of feel like this is a group effort and this thread is for everyone. The more posting and updates, the more momentum and that will motivate everyone. I know in my log, I have had a ton of you guys pushing me and it's been incredibly helpful - I want to help pay that back and create a river that everyone is part of, if that makes sense. I want everyone telling us about their successes, their hard times, how they dropped the ball, how they picked it up again, etc.

My weight is down to 227.5.. Calorie intake is 800-1100 a day..
Nice man. You are like Dorian Yates, aka the shadow - he used to go quiet all year and then just show up and take the trophy.

Lookin beastly man!
(As I slowly go back and delete my pic)
You guys are killing me!
haha - you're pics are good man. I think I probably have the worst pics of everyone, so if I can post up, you can. At least I didn't have to post my May 10th starting pics in here, from when I was 210-215.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My calories are taking a bump today, but Ill end up with only 40-45 carbs.
That's still low carbs and if you need it, you need it. When being extreme, you have to listen to what your body is - this is aggressive and extreme, not stupid.

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Wesb - you are looking jacked. You going for the full 18? I think you'll be ripped. As far as the logs - everyone is free to start their own logs or post here. I kind of feel like this is a group effort and this thread is for everyone. The more posting and updates, the more momentum and that will motivate everyone. I know in my log, I have had a ton of you guys pushing me and it's been incredibly helpful - I want to help pay that back and create a river that everyone is part of, if that makes sense. I want everyone telling us about their successes, their hard times, how they dropped the ball, how they picked it up again, etc.
Thanks man, I'm gonna try for the full 18lbs but, we'll see. Honestly I don't care what my weight ends up at, I just wanna look good and maybe have an ab or two visible haha.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man, I'm gonna try for the full 18lbs but, we'll see. Honestly I don't care what my weight ends up at, I just wanna look good and maybe have an ab or two visible haha.
Hahaha!! I always say I dont care what I weigh, as long as when I stop doing jumping jacks....ALL of me stops doing jumping jacks. Lol

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hahaha!! I always say I dont care what I weigh, as long as when I stop doing jumping jacks....ALL of me stops doing jumping jacks. Lol
That's some funny **** right there!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's some funny **** right there!
Second this!

I'm working on the jiggle. Today my fit it says I've burned 3900 calories. I've take in 800. This weekend alone I've probably created a deficit of almost 1.5 pounds of fat. Hope I didn't take out too much muscle with it.

josun

Awards
  • Established
I'll be starting my cut on the 26th
This is what I'm gonna be running
Epic unleashed
I'm gonna take ignite and bloodshed but I will rotate them ignite one day bloodshred the other
Evomuse dcp
Evomuse brite
I also have shift but I might stop using it, It's been rough on my stomach
And I also have ol trump, but I'm not sure If i should run it during a cut

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Second this!

I'm working on the jiggle. Today my fit it says I've burned 3900 calories. I've take in 800. This weekend alone I've probably created a deficit of almost 1.5 pounds of fat. Hope I didn't take out too much muscle with it.
Wow, and they're wondering how Im functioning!!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anybody following an IF diet?
I did for a while. Was rocking the warrior diet. It consists of a 4 hour window of eating followed by 20 hours of fasting. But you kill 2000-2500 cals in those 4 hours. Lost 7lbs in the first 6 days. It has been proven to not only burn fat, but simultaneously build muscle.

josun

Awards
  • Established
I did for a while. Was rocking the warrior diet. It consists of a 4 hour window of eating followed by 20 hours of fasting. But you kill 2000-2500 cals in those 4 hours. Lost 7lbs in the first 6 days. It has been proven to not only burn fat, but simultaneously build muscle.
Interesting

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea dude, I've been doing this for a while now. I crush food for like 3 hours starting around 6pm then I crash. It's probably the easiest diet in the world. The trick is to just stay stimmed out all day haha. Minimum 4 coffees.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Current BF%

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Everyone is here is killing this so far good chit guys

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

No progress for me. I haven't even been in the gym since then. I'll make it up when life slows down.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I won't weigh myself again until Saturday. Also in it for longer than 6 weeks, so cals won't be drastically dropped.

Today was the first time in about 2 months that i have done any real pressing movements, as i injured something in my shoulder. Strength is definitely gone, and it makes you notice just how engaged your core is while bench pressing.

Will try and do some ssc this evening.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Current BF%
Looks like a Playstation controller.
Sony should incorporate the BF feature. Every time a obese kid wants to play, it measures BF first. Is the kid too fat, it shuts the machine down and gives the kid an electric smack. LOL!

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Dude that is hilarious and so true. I remember the first time it was like whoa, it doesn't hurt my gut where it slams into my belt line anymore!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So here we go. Food intake today (might want to step back HIT4ME) 3 eggs scrambled with jalapenos, 1/3 cup of avocado and 1/2 cup spinach. 12 ounces of chicken, 2 cups broccoli, 3 tablespoons of hummus, 3 celery stalks 6 ounces of salmon and 2 cups swiss chard. Puts me at about 1700 calories. My TDEE last fall (when I borrowed my wife's Fitbit hr for a week to track calories burned ish) was 2773 kcals. I'll eat this same stuff probably 80% of the time, so it's easy to track. After the rough last four days, I really wasn't feeling the workout but went anyway. Ended up doing a modified Pull workout, since it was about 17:00 before I got to the gym and it was packed. Body weight pull ups to warm up, lat pull down (3 x 8 reps 145,160, 175) bent over barbell rows (3 x 8 105, 135, 165) cable rows (3 x 8 130, 145, 145). Then superset high pulley face pulls with low pulley cable rows. 20 minutes of ab work and finished with 30 minutes on a spin bike.
Not much for a workout, but better than sitting on the couch watchin tv. Which is what I really wanted to do.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So here we go. Food intake today (might want to step back HIT4ME) 3 eggs scrambled with jalapenos, 1/3 cup of avocado and 1/2 cup spinach. 12 ounces of chicken, 2 cups broccoli, 3 tablespoons of hummus, 3 celery stalks 6 ounces of salmon and 2 cups swiss chard. Puts me at about 1700 calories. My TDEE last fall (when I borrowed my wife's Fitbit hr for a week to track calories burned ish) was 2773 kcals. I'll eat this same stuff probably 80% of the time, so it's easy to track. After the rough last four days, I really wasn't feeling the workout but went anyway. Ended up doing a modified Pull workout, since it was about 17:00 before I got to the gym and it was packed. Body weight pull ups to warm up, lat pull down (3 x 8 reps 145,160, 175) bent over barbell rows (3 x 8 105, 135, 165) cable rows (3 x 8 130, 145, 145). Then superset high pulley face pulls with low pulley cable rows. 20 minutes of ab work and finished with 30 minutes on a spin bike.
Not much for a workout, but better than sitting on the couch watchin tv. Which is what I really wanted to do.
You did good brother! Like you said, somethings better than nothing. Love me some eggs with jalapeños!!

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Ummm come train me !

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'll be starting my cut on the 26th
This is what I'm gonna be running
Epic unleashed
I'm gonna take ignite and bloodshed but I will rotate them ignite one day bloodshred the other
Evomuse dcp
Evomuse brite
I also have shift but I might stop using it, It's been rough on my stomach
And I also have ol trump, but I'm not sure If i should run it during a cut
Killer stack, love it. Great to have you on board.

Wow, and they're wondering how Im functioning!!
Well, I had a long day at work today and I failed at completing my weight workout. Just didn't have it in me. Probably should have waited another day. But I had a refeed tonight, so that should help.

I would crumble
I hit my wall today. Had to pull back a little. Will gear up and get back at it tomorrow. Walls are made to run through, haha (tough talk)

Current BF%
Ready to see this drop man, good to see you gearing up!

No progress for me. I haven't even been in the gym since then. I'll make it up when life slows down.
It is cool. You don't have to start at the same time if you aren't ready. Once you commit, just be in. It will be good to see you rolling.

I won't weigh myself again until Saturday. Also in it for longer than 6 weeks, so cals won't be drastically dropped.

Today was the first time in about 2 months that i have done any real pressing movements, as i injured something in my shoulder. Strength is definitely gone, and it makes you notice just how engaged your core is while bench pressing.

Will try and do some ssc this evening.
Same as above, go on your schedule. Good to have you in!

Great start man. 1,000 calorie deficit isn't anything to laugh at and if you can add in 509 cals of exercise, that's a pound every two days. And great job getting a workout in when you were tired.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Problem is that my upcoming trip is deep into the area where fried chicken is considered acceptable breakfast food, along with most everything else. And I'm pretty sure I'll be expected to consume a fair amount of grits, gravy and assorted cobblers. If I can make it through this week and stay under 190, I'll be happy. I also hope that somewhere in West Plains Missouri I can find a gym that I can pay to go workout at least once while I'm there.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great start man. 1,000 calorie deficit isn't anything to laugh at and if you can add in 509 cals of exercise, that's a pound every two days. And great job getting a workout in when you were tired.
Not sure how long I'll be able to maintain that deficit though. I may end up bouncing between 1700 and 2200, depending on how I feel any given day.